Create Account

S75 PT0: Gebeneezer Boogie Due: Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 PST

''What is this? Am I dreaming? Coach T, how could this be? We mourned you for a while after that damn jar of molasses fell on your head. Man what a weird way to go, you love through so much for only a plastic container of mediocre spread to take you away like that. Sure, its been a tough offseason by some standards, but I reached a career high in points and our team collectively did better, what more do I need to do?''

At this moment, Coach T went silent, and I was awaiting some form of guidance, some clarity on why here, why now.

''DEFENSE???'' I cried out, in shock, horror perhaps, The hairs on my body all rose up in defiance of this seemingly simple command : play defense kid. He wasn't entirely wrong, I was having a bit of a stretch of stench on the back end of the rink, its never been my strength but its never quite been that bad. I stand there, head in hands, mentally compelled to figuring it out, and Coach decided leaving me here was the right call. I need to figure it out, I truly do.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

Affiliate PBE PT

I think for hockey players, and just athletes in general, a proper balance needs to be struck during the offseason between kicking back and relaxing during the time off from the insane schedule of the season, while also taking that time to actually work on their game. so for stun gun, hes the kind of guy who would definitely book a nice vacation to a nice exotic place, eat exotic food and do exotic shit, and in general just not really think about hockey. but he would make sure to stay in shape while on his trip, regularly still hitting the gym and when returning from his vacation to truly lock in and make sure he remains at peak athleticism and not gaining weight or anything like that. he'd make sure to continue to enjoy himself but also set aside time to improve his skills at hockey, so he could enter the following season even better.

Written Task, Option 2

The lifestyle of a professional athlete, especially in a sport as demanding as ice hockey, requires a strict lifestyle and dedication to training and bodily maintenance. The boom and bust approach to being a complete slug for a few weeks of vacation, and then going hard in the gym in the lead-up to the season start has been popular for decades, and has its own benefits and problems. Maintaining a strict training and diet regiment, with some time allotted for relaxation and lower-intensity training is a more sustainable option, but we will briefly look at some benefits and drawbacks of both of these.

The boom and bust approach has its main benefit in mental health. Time away from the sport and training can be extremely beneficial, and gives time for lingering injuries to recover, as well as for the body and mind to simply relax. However, this approach can make it very difficult to get back into game shape (depending on the length and type of vacation)

Maintaining a training regimen throughout time off, engaging in lower-intensity and lower frequency training sessions while adhering to a plan and schedule has the benefit of ensuring the climb back to peak shape for the hockey season is less steep and more manageable. The main downside of this approach however, can be the mental strain from never feeling like one has time to be 'off.'

[Image: banes.png]

A true player should be able to work hard and play hard all the time; especially in the offseason this is important to relax and recoup strength from the last seasons. McBride often heads to the beach for 2 weeks after the season to relax rest, drink and play video games. After that his routine is working out every morning for a minimum of 2 hours. He lifts and runs and rides the bike in this time. After that he eats brunch then gets some ice time for another hour or two. Then lunch afternoon golf and taking advantage of the nightlife wherever he is. This continues until the end of the summer. He leads up to training camp with some longer runs and workouts to make sure cardio is in tip top shape for training camp back with the Renegades. He is an example for the younger rookies showing them you can have a good time and enjoy life while still working hard.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Option2:

Mac Turner has a very specific, routine, he follows every offseason. Mac you know, plays a very physical defensive form and that as every hockey player can attest to can take a toll on you body. that is why Mac has created and follows a very specific recovery routine in the offseason. After mac's season is over, he says goodbye to his teammates and coaches and packs his bags as he will be going north. mac spebds his offseason in the artic cold. Mac wakes up and heads to his gym and does some cardio, some weight lifting and stretching. After he goes and does his first outdoor cold plunge of the day. Then he eats some food and begins his 2 hour meditation. After that its lunch time and Mac will eat some protein. In the afternoon, Mac goes on a hike with his Pet Elk he named Troy (no correlation with his teammate troy mclure). Then Mac has some free time and does whatever and relaxes. mac finishes his day with another cold plunge.

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

Edouard Lavoie takes a few weeks at the end of each season to relax and visit friends and family. So far, a good chunk of his offseason is spent playing in the international competitions as well, this past offseason Lavoie played for Canada in the World Junior Championships. Despite the team doing quite well in the round robin, they were unable to make it past their first game in the playoffs. Once the team exited, Lavoie was not thrilled and started working as hard as possible to ensure he was the best player he could be for the upcoming season. He spends a lot of his time on the ice or in the weight room, usually working with his linemates Mia Lavoie and JJ Frankie JJ to hone their chemistry to become one of the best lines the SMJHL has ever seen. Edouard spends the majority of his offseason getting ready for the next season mostly because he does not want to let down his teammates.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

ISFL affiliate

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Option 2:
Like anything you do in life you have to find the right balance. It will vary from one another. For Henri Losanov, when the season is done, he wants nothing to do with the game for a couple of weeks. You only get short breaks from hockey, Henri needs to so something else or he will go crazy. First off, he will go back to his home in France, visit the family and hang out with friends. It's been his first season playing oversea, being homesick would be quite the understatement. Regina is a nice city but quite a culture shock for young Losanov. Food and booze for the first few weeks will go crazy. After, it's business time again. Waking up early, going to the gym, hitting the ice, rinse and repeat. It's a lot of work, often tedious and boring but it is necessary to play at the highest level.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2024, 04:27 PM by Shiamus.)

Option 1 Graphic: Lily sees a ghost    

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]