Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

I quickly learned how helpfully everyone was, i had so many question and no one hesitated to help me out. Was a friendly place. And new i wanted to stick around for while

[Image: 2C932D37-514E-45EA-95D8-45C16F70520B.jpg...cd072524d&]

First interaction was a couple of the GMs, there was a lot less active scouting IMO back then and a few teams took advantage and reached out to start up conversations. Seemed like some nice fellow nerds playing hockey DnD

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

My first day on the SHL was a very long time ago. The only thing I remember is there was some sort of fight on my player page about tampering among the SMJHL GMs because I signed with the team that the person recruited me worked for or something ridiculous.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

The S31 class was very active. Our class discord was full and active leading into the draft and even almost 8 years later we get some messages there time to time. I don't remember who my first interaction was with, but I remember also using Twitter (RIP) with this class.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

My first impression was that the community is very vibrant and active. It seemed like there was a lot of known users that had a huge impact and kept the SHL going.

[Image: dc24.png]

I've loved the SHL ever since I've joined the league. The people have been absolutely friendly, everyone is a joy to be around and that's why I'm so involved with the league already and why I keep wanting to do more. I haven't nearly given enough back yet. @JamesT was my first interaction with the league and he's just got the vibe to make people wanna stay and party. Thanks for keeping me here James!

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

I was confused as heck & had no idea what I was getting myself into. But once I was added to my draft years discord it was super welcoming & we actually became pretty tight for a bit.

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

My very first impressions were back in S14 I had no clue what was going on it took me like half the season to figure out what to do. There were a lot fewer teams back then but the forums were where everything happened so in a way it was busier on the forums. I liked the pbps the most.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

My first interaction with the League was pretty great. Made a goalie, instantly got told that goalies are kinda mid. But then Flex and Evok messaged me about a minute apart without talking to each other. Shortly after I joined the Quebec Discord and it was amazing. Within the first few weeks I created a meme and formed a life long Brotherhood with the Legendary @Matteo DROG FOREVER

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

My first interactions were very friendly with some of the GM's and scouts for the various SMJHL teams. I started with private messaging on the forums before venturing into the discord aspect of the league.

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]

Yo shoutout pris. The best rookie mentor. Shoutout the Vancouver crew of S42. Was a great way to get introduced into the league. Was very happy

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

My first interaction with other SHL users was in the S61 Draft Class Discord server. First impression was great! The mentors were really helpful and the draft class itself was full of great people.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

I started out finding out about the site from Sve7en and Faelex. sve7en walked me through making my first player Patrick Shepherd. Making the player was not the hardest part though. Setting up and using the update thread was an on more than one occasion Sve7en helped me with that as well.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

I’ll be honest. I have no clue what happened over five years ago. Something about I was jelly my husband had friends and I wanted some too.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

My first real interaction was with Wearingabear when he was scouting me for ANC but all we did was talk about Gabe and how bad he was. I ended up going to ANC

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs