Create Account

S75 PT#1: Orr What? Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

Written Task: The very next night, your player is visited by the ghost of Bobby Orr. This seems rather incongruous with your mite coach's cliches about "playing the right way", as Mr Orr was hardly the model of a bottom six energy grinder. Bobby doesn't seem too interested in telling you details of how to correct your game, instead talking about his exploits and reminiscing. You wake up wondering if you had an unusually awkward dream, but then realize you're holding an authentic Bobby Orr-autographed pharmacy receipt from last Tuesday. What lessons does your player think they're meant to learn from this encounter with history's greatest offensive defenseman? If you could ask one question of the 80s superstar, what would it be, and what do you suspect the answer would be?

Well considering Bobby Orr is considered to be the best offensive defensemen of all time I think I was meant to learn how to be a better offensive player. Considering my player really isn't known for his offensive production or a threat with the puck. Since I've been thinking about how to improve my offensive game so much lately that's the reason for Mr. Orr's apparent real appearance in my dream. My question would be how to really become a better offensive player. I don't really know what his response would be but if I had to guess it would be to get better at reading the game while in the offensive zone. Knowing when to pass and when to shoot with probably being the biggest part of it. Not only that but when to shoot wide to try and get a tip or make a play off the boards behind the net, or know how to correctly shoot through traffic and getting it passed the goalie and not just having the shot get blocked in front.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

Bobby Orr!? That guy's a legend... but I don't know if the SHL exists in a world with the NHL. Violet Stoica gets exceptionally confused as to who exactly this person is, who's chosen to invade her very highly valued sleeping time in favor of waxing poetic about a past she isn't sure existed in the first place. It's a very awkward conversation, as Stoica is a relatively low profile player who makes her keep on excellent defense and facilitating "good enough" offense to eke out a net-positive rating. She was frustrated earlier in the season with her overall role, as there were times when her line mates just didn't have the experience necessary to make for a successful shift most of the time -- but like a good teammate elected to just tough it out for the season. There was virtually nothing Stoica shared in common with Orr, and she recycled the pharmacy receipt as soon as she woke up, supernatural bearing notwithstanding.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Option 2:

i think this is one of those things where there are a lot of different activites that can work, and whatever feels right to you and is something that you can see yourself for literal hours, is probably something that can give you a lot. A lot of excersises that practive hand-eye coordination seem to incorporate tennis balls for some reason so if you are looking for a generic starting point, I think those are great. F1 drivers use them a lot, my real life goalies use them for both warm-ups and to practice their skills in general so yeah, those are good I think. Also: Video Games! Right? At least that's one of the things we told our parents when we were looking for arguments why we should absolutely be allowed to play more video games and especially that new ego-shooter that just came up. You don't just kill people, but totally practice your spatial thinking and hand-eye-coordination!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Written Prompt #2:
The best way to train hand eye coordination is to get one of those balance things with a ball in the middle and stand on that, while stick handling a puck on some sport court tiles all while making sure you don't look down at the puck. You might think that's a bad idea, and could probably argue that it isn't even hand eye coordination but rather hand no eye coordination but that's what it takes to be a good hockey player. Keep your feet moving, the balancing part here, and continue handling the puck regardless of that. If you really want to go off the deep end you can do that while someone shoots pucks at your puck. You have to make sure they don't get the puck off of your stick. Do that every day for half an hour and nobody is going to be able to take the puck off of your stick ever again.

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

prompt 2:

Well, if you have to ask, it's always videogames. It's a lot of relying on hand-eye coordination to relax, to grow and improve in games you want to become good at, or just in general playing games that just require you to click things and move your mouse, all of that counts and is a valid way to improve coordination. And, if you are not playing hockey, what else to do but spam ranked games, or chill building a house in Minecraft, or play a map painting simulator, or sell your children for parts, or mald about a roundabout not being exactly what you wanted because you are missing this specific mod, there is so much variety of activity, that you can spend so much of your day playing and practicing while having fun and not losing interest. So, it's one of those pleasure and job situations, which I find are the best situations if you have to work.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Option 2:

My teammate has recently come to me wanting to train their hand eye coordination to better improve their game and I ask them are you sure you want to do this, there is no turning back? They nod their head yes. I take my teammate to a familiar place for me on the strip of Vegas called the magic club where you often see magicians of all walks of life doing all sorts of tricks and they are all separated by trick speciality. We go to the cardistry area where we are both handed a deck of cards when we walk in. My teammate looks at me and says I want to learn hand eye coordination not magic. I tell him to look closely and to follow the cards. He follows a specific card and loses track of it but I have sight of it the whole time and am able to get it around him. He is an absolute shock, and asks what he can do to learn something like that.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

If my teammate wanted to know how to train hand eye coordination, I would tell them to get a tennis ball and go somewhere with a hard surface. Then I would tell them to bounce that ball over and over until they got really good at it. Start with left hand for ten bounces then right hand and back and forth. Increase the number of bounces. Start crossing from one hand to the other. Start on your knees and then do it standing up. Transition from standing up to kneeling to sitting down on one hand, then do it on the other hand, then do it while alternating hands. Once you've mastered this, get a basketball and learn to dribble on the ice in full pads and skates. Learn to dribble with both hands, between your legs, and around your back. Learn to dribble while skating, increase your speed on the ice. When you've mastered these skills, you will have decent hand eye coordination.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

PBE Affiliate Link

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

The best way to improve hand-eye coordination? Well boy do I have the answer to that question, i've been waiting all my life! I have a couple, the first few being quite obvious : darts, balls to the wall, playing the knife and finger game, writing blindfolded and many more. They all really bring something to the table, be it some basic motor functions, but also knowing how to react under pressure and with some adversity. Though these are nice, the one TRUE goat technique that i've mastered over the years : the crêpe flip. Now I know what you'll say, that this is ridiculous, but have you ever nailed a triple backflip 360 spin pancake flip? Now that takes dexterity, skill, timing, and mental fortitude to be able to plan, visualize and execute, all things that go into hand-eye coordination, and its been the secret success sauce behind my breakout seasons and something i'll keep doing daily to stay sharp and always have an edge over my opponents.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

when we need to train our hand eye coordination we typically get together as a grouo and follo the led of gnabe dabson as he is a perfect example of trained hand eye coordnation. the first method for increasing the coordniatin between our fists and eyes is to go to the local bar and focus on punching the dart board we are trying to score points and therefore we are goingn to play while we are training, the bonus here is that if anyone says anything to us we can pivot to focusing on fighting them instead of the dart board for some real world applicable training. once we are done there we will then go to hte local shooting range and take aim at the targets down hte range. we wont be doing anything bad with these weapns, just taking shots at the target as the unlitamte way to meausre some hand eye coordination. if none of this works we will just play some baseball and hit teh cages as a group.

(and meeting them)

[Image: nL3rzjn.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

My player would interpret the encounter with Bobby Orr as a lesson in embracing individuality and seizing opportunities. From Orr's tales of greatness, my player would learn the importance of pushing boundaries, not conforming to others' expectations, and taking risks to achieve greatness. Rather than focusing solely on "playing the right way" within conventional norms, my player would understand the value of innovation and creativity in their style of play.

If given the chance to ask Orr a question, my player would inquire about his mindset during crucial moments in his career. The question would be: "What drove you to maintain such extraordinary levels of performance, especially during high-pressure situations?" My player suspects Orr's answer would emphasize a relentless pursuit of excellence, unwavering self-belief, and an insatiable hunger to win. Orr's response would likely underscore the importance of mental fortitude, dedication to craft, and a relentless work ethic in achieving sustained success at the highest level of competition.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Option 2 - If a teammate asked you how best to train hand-eye coordination, what advice would your player have for them? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

I'm getting sick and tired of these 150 word tasks. But if a teammate asked for improvement in their hand-eye coordination, of course I would be happy to give them tips and tricks. In my opinion, I think this issue can be solved by just playing more hockey. Although if a teammate reached out to me for hand-eye coordination, they probably are already good at hockey, playing more hockey and experiencing real life moments to what you've been training for can help a player a lot. Other than that, because good chances just can't come out every single time in hockey games, another great training is to stick handle with yourself or better, with a coach. I think there are many other ways to improve your hand-eye coordination with all of these new flashy trainings that a player can do. But personally, going old fashioned will always do the job.  

(150 words)

[Image: hbtB38x.png][Image: Screenshot_2024-07-25_171622.png?ex=66a4...56461ae57&]
                               Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic and Jaypc8237 for the sigs!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png]