Create Account

S75 mPT#4: It's the Circle of Life Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

If going IA counts as retiring, I decided to re-create because I felt like I had the free time to come back. Sometimes starting from the beginning brings back all of the fun things back that you forgot about like the draft. When you are deep into a player, it may just become season after season with nothing in site.

No plans for retirement while there are records to chase, and Time Sr needs to stick around long enough for Time Jr to be draft eligible. Hoping for a long career with another cup win or two before eventually hanging up the skates.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

I will drag my player kicking and screaming to old age until nobody is going to sign him anymore. I don't think I'll do another player after this, so Shadow Fenix has to last

It was definitely a little bittersweet retiring Zoltan when it came time. After about 2 full years and entering the deeper parts of regression I decided it would be fun to recreate as Nash. I didn't put a whole lot of thought into the retirement process to be honest.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

The first time I retired a player with a full career was in the ISFL just a couple seasons ago. While it was supposed to be a bittersweet moment, my player was peak mediocre, so I was excited to get started afresh.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

After rage quitting due to the regression change (but also IRL), Edward Williams stuck around for a while as a half decent husk. When no team picked him up one season as an FA, I noticed and retired him. it had been well over a year away from the site and figured Edward needed a successor

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

My first player's career was very long and he was getting low in TPE so I figured it was time to retire him. I also needed a little break from the league so that was a nice breather before I started base pack.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

I retired Riko Muerto after S24. Hamilton had just won the Cup so I was happy to go out on top. Riko was a good player but I was feeling the urge to try a new one and he was regressing so I felt it was a good time.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

i had just done everything i ever thought i would do and then some. burlok was just about the best first player you could ever ask for. played on some amazing teams, won some cups, got a couple of personal accolades, so as deep into regression as he was it just felt like time

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]

Mary Hollywood will play for as long as someone who GMs a team in this league is willing to employ her to play hockey. After that, Mary Hollywood will still not die. Because Mary Hollywood isn't just the coolest hockey gal you know. She's a state of mind. A way of being. Every hockey player has the ability to live like Mary. Just gotta vape, eat popcorn, and wear Pit Viper shades.

None of those things, except the popcorn, are actually cool. The key is that you think they are when you're Mary Hollywood.

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!
[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]
[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

Damn, this is a very deep and existential question. To be quite honest, with Podz being deep into regression, this definitely has become an existential dread of mine to have to say goodbye to Podz sooner than later. My hope is that Podz will get 1000 points next season and then I will feel comfortably giving him a final chapter.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

This is my first ever season in the Simulation Hockey League! Tanner Pitts is going strong for now but will likely retire due to being forced into a coma after a skiing accident in the swiss alpes.

A lot of my late career with Emilia Bergman was inactivity unfortunately. I hit the 2K club, was active for another season or two, and decided that would largely be the end of it. When I was no longer being re-signed by Buffalo (which my player had spent their entire career with) I decided it was time to hang 'em up.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Rence Sykut is my first player and I'm going to ride him out for as long as he's relevant in the SHL. He's going into an up and coming Argos team, so hopefully he can be around for at least a couple contention cycles.

47 words

I'll most likely retire due to inactivity. It's kinda annoying and time consuming to do all these creative writing tasks plus chirper + finding ways to make money to pay for training Ultimately its just not that fun and very little of the commitment actually has to do with hockey.