Create Account

S76 Championship Week Due: Thursday, May 23th @ 11:59 PM PST

GM Pass

[Image: banes.png]

2. (b)
+1 (1/8)
I think for the most part all of these goalie stats can be misleading. In a situation like this, you’d almost always want to have the veteran player with all the experience. While having a strong young goalie bodes well for the future - that can sometimes prove to be a liability in pressure games. Overall I’d prefer to have Justin Time in my goal, but either goalie are good enough to help their team win the cup.

2. (e)
+1 (2/8)
Odds are an eagle can get itself into a situation where a lion wouldn’t be able to attack it. Given this stalemate nature, the options are to force them into a situation where they’d be forced to fight, in which case a lion would easily win. Likewise, if done in an open world, I think lions would eventually evolve and adapt to create flying machines or air-based weapons to eventually win in the very long con.

2. (f)
+1 (3/8)
Just as before, I don’t think using modern methods like “data” or “analysis” is very fun or even all that helpful in deciding games like this. So to decide this time, I will be going to google coin flip to decide things. Since Baltimore is the home team, I will give them heads for flip results and take it from here. This is how the finals will go. 1: SFP (spoilers), 2: BAP (spoilers), 3: SFP (tails), 4: SFP (tails), 5: BAP (heads), 6: SFP (tails). The coin dictates that SFP wins 4-2.

+3 (6/8)
Given that the last two WCJ tournaments have been won by Team Norden, I think they are the clear favorites (without having looked too indepth). That said, the USA squads are quite strong, and could absolutely pull some surprises. Also not to be slept on is UCORAL, who on paper is typically just about as strong as Team Norden. Given the single elimination nature of this tournament, the range of outcomes that can play out are massive, given that the clearly best team could easily drop a random game and see their entire tournament run come to a screeching halt. For units like Team Norden, UCORAL, and the USA squads, this will be the second biggest obstacle. The biggest? Avoiding playing against these other favorites for as long as possible. Having big time matchups in the quarterfinals is the most sure fire way to not win a medal for any of these groups. Last tournament both Canada and Team World benefitted not having to play a power house team in the final 8, and it led them both to podium games.  Regardless of the parity, I’d expect Norden (gold), URCOAL (silver), USA Blue/white (bronze) on paper alone.

+2 (8/8)
Ju-gong is yet to be declared to an IIFH nation, which is mostly just a consequence of making a payer from South Korea. Obviously they would play for South Korea given that fits the player, but being currently unassigned, it’s not so obvious. To some degree I do like the ability to pick which team the player gets assigned too, on the other front it might feel a bit strange for the player as a player. I very much value the story of the player over anything else, so while picking an IIFH team with friends would be fun, if its nonsensical to happen to a real player, I’d rather avoid that path. Because of these restrictions, the nation’s Ju-gong could currently end up playing for in my mind are Canada, Japan, and Russia. Canada makes sense because Ju-gong plays for (Montreal/Quebec) and could easily gain citizenship at that rate. Japan because it’s the closest nation to his home, and has been there many times for games. Russia too as he had a fondness for the Russian game, and did very important training there as well.

GM offseason pass

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2024, 03:38 PM by bluesfan55. Edited 1 time in total.)

Affiliate PT (SSL) +3 TPE

cw trivia word: yoanks

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Gm claim

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Gm pass

[Image: izzy.PNG]

SMJHL GM pass

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

GM pass

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

HO Pass

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2
Regular Season - [G 3] [A 14] [Pts 17] [+/- +19] [PIM 18] [Hits 33] [SB 156]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Gm pass

[Image: hallsy.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 04:35 PM by Tate. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Trivia Word = Bananas ... +3

7. +3
[Image: gtApMe2.png]

8. +3
[Image: nZrQQ9r.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

GM Pass

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

pride

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?
d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

c. Those numbers are easily enough to make Soderberg-Snooks the best defense in the playoffs this season. Playing at a point per game pace as a defense is already hard enough, but doing that while never giving the puck away at any point is incredibly impressive. No other defense on either team comes close to those metrics and it's clear that Soderberg-Snooks deserves all the recognition.

d. This is a nice case where I don't see either team having an easier route to the finals. Their journeys mirrored each other this season. The Pride had the slightly easier round 1 matchup with their opponent being 17th vs 14th. Then both teams had formidable round 2 opponents, facing the 3rd place Panthers and 5th place Forge, both going to 7 games. Then, Baltimore had the easier round 3 matchup with the 11th place opponent rather than 8th. It was all very balanced for both these teams.

f. Even though I have a huge soft spot for the Pride since my first player was drafted there and played half his career there, I initially predicted the Platoon to win and have to stick with that guess. If anything just because they were stronger in the regular season. I'll be incredibly happy for the Pride if they win though so I'm okay with either outcome.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Haven't I seen this already (150 words min.)
SHL has a playoffs setup that has teams in the same division playing each other for the first two rounds.With only 5 teams in each division it often means that same teams play versus each other season after season. This can lead to good rivalries but also get pretty repetitive. Do you think this is a good structure or would you like to see it changed? Why? You can but don't have to ignore limits of FHM.

I've never really been a fan of the divisional playoff format in any league. I can understand why a real league like the NHL might use it to save travel costs in the first round, but it comes at a great cost in terms of format enjoyability. Especially in the SHL where there's fewer teams per division but still has a 16 team playoff format, there's going to be a lot of repetitive matchups year to year. It causes there to be less meaningful playoff races during the regular season because the majority of spots are only being competed for against other teams in each division. The 2/3 matchups are especially prone to becoming stale and make for first round matchups that feel unfair. It's very easy for a 2/3 divisional matchup to consist of two top 8 teams in the league and for another matchup to consist of two bottom 8 teams. In some cases it feels like the first round is the one that matters most and the second round is more of a breather, which should never be the case. In a league with no real life travel considerations, the format should always allow for a greater variety of matchups rather than restricting them due to arbitrary divisions.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification word: redcarpet

+3 TPE

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much you expect them to change this time?

My team is Finland - but internally we like to call it Winland. We've had quite a lot of success with the team and I believe we're still among the stronger IIHF countries, but for the last few years we haven't really been a gold medal team. I don't know if would call it a mini-rebuild or not, because you don't typically have these in IIHF, but we have had more roster changes in the last handful of years compared to before, so perhaps it is a little bit of a new era. There was a large group of S62 players on the team and they're all in regression. Luckily we have enough young players coming in to replace them so I'm not worried about the future. My player is still young, on the way to 2k and has many years left on the team, but I really wouldn't mind bringing back a medal again with the team.

(157 words)

+3 TPE

Code:
11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!

Since my player (Rhett Carpet) was a recreate who has a rather extensive backstory it was pretty much decided already that he would be from Finland just like my first player - so I didn't really choose the country, but the country chose the player? Most people know the whole story by now, so I'm not going to tell it again. Either way, since I've been fed head for the past 25 seasons or so I guess I had to create for the country that I manage so there really was no alternative. Winland is a great country so I wouldn't really want to pick any other even if I had the choice.

(112 words)

+2 TPE

------
Total: 8 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 03:28 PM by xjoverax. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Code:

imoutofwords

Code:

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, I have a plan
So either you won the cup or at least dream of doing so. And when you win you get to take cup with you and show it around. Create an image showing your player and most exotic place they would/will take the cup to.

[Image: xB0ej5b.png]

Code:

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Round 76
Create a graphic that shows a lion and an eagle fighting.

[Image: UNMpOOW.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]