Create Account

S76 All Star Week Due: Sunday, June 2nd @ 11:59 PM PST

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

SMJHL Milestones

3 TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

With 59 points a piece, it is very difficult to decide between the two nominated Montreal forwards. I would remove Serapin from contention based on his plus minus as a defenseman. Mutou and Hirano, however, had very similar seasons. I think Mutou gets the edge as he played a very physical season, helping Montreal set the tone against their opponents.

Edouard Lavoie successfully made the All Star game after having an excellent season for the Maine Timber. Finishing second on the season in points and first in assists as well as tenth in goals, Edouard is very happy with how he performed. With four appearances on the player leaderboard, it is apparent that Edouard earned hos spot on the All Star roster.

2 TPE

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Mia Lavoie is an absolute stud and should win Most Valuable Player this season, so it is no surprise at all that she would make the All Star roster. With the most points in the league and the third best plus/minus, it is clear that Mia Lavoie was one of the best players this season. She acquired this many points while also recording the lowest amount of time on the ice of the top ten players in order of points this season. I fully expect her to play exceptionally will in the All Star game and to show off her skills. She is one of the most talented players in the Juniors, and she deserves all the recognition she has received and more. Not only is Mia a great player, she also has the clutch gene. Scoring a whopping eleven game winning goals this season, she leads the league for game winners. With five appearances on the player leaderboards, it is no surprise that Mia made the All Star roster.

3 TPE

+8 total TPE

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:19 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +3
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:20 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. Milestones +3

4. I think the draft system is a way to refresh a concept that was probably rather lacklustre. All-Star events are a thing, I guess, but they have not been a big seller for quite a while, have they? I guess having a draft makes a difference though I fail to see why I would bother with it. Hell, I think I will be visiting my grandfather out of town when the game happens. I am not quite sure, to be honest, but I am looking forward to seeing him.

As for the pool, I don't think I have even managed to find it anywhere. Where did you guys put it? Just out of curiosity.

At any rate, yeah, it worked out well. I also guess that having the finalists pick them was pretty good too. I mean, it only makes sense, right? They wielded great teams to a cup final and all.

9. I think this season proved a couple of points. It proved that we could grow from where we already were and it proved that we were capable enough to reach the playoffs. Sure, it was a short run as we got the short straw and took on the team that, if I am not mistaken, won the title in the end but we were able to show that our young crew can do some amazing stuff. Given our current trajectory, I should say that it is very likely that we will pull another shocker sooner than later. My player and his teammates have improved well and with the prospects joining us for the upcoming season, Calgary should be giving a show or two for those who waited for us to deliver on our promise. That is what I imagine of what happened this season.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2024, 09:01 AM by karey. Edited 3 times in total.)

Shiny Grabbag:
B. The defenceman I was surprised didn’t show up on a roster was Hodor, admittedly I only watch or follow fantasy for SHL therefore not seeing him represented makes sense because he has no offensive parts to his game, but not having the fantasy defensive MVP at the All-Star game is surprising me.

E.
My player prince Marius will not be in the All-Star game, but he statistical season was quite impressive. I was very proud of the way he played this season and he will for sure be an attendee at the game. He just won’t be playing this year. He has no reason to be in the All-Star game this year, but it gives him a good taste in the future.

[Image: IMG-9791.jpg]

The SHL would benefit from a providing awards for non sim related reasons. We give most dedicated users an award but there is significant room for awards that help promote activity within the league and act as a form of motivation for users to be active. I think of media and graphics being an area there that gets very little fanfare, especially considering the impact it has on the positive way, After a while, the money doesn’t matter as much, but the recognition and entertainment from high-quality media graphics should still be encouraged in someway and award provided to an individual who contribute the best graphics through the season should be in award recipient. Opening up the can of worms of non-simulated awards is a tricky one as there are countless other ways to recognize users with their hard work all I’m trying to say is that the system we have in place right now to only honour the most dedicated user does not do as much as it could too Motivate the rest of the league. A Sig of the year and media of the year award would be really cool.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2024, 10:57 PM by vbottas17. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Milestones: (+3 TPE) https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3520065

9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)
A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

Overall it was a pretty good season, but coming off of the successes of season 75, where everything seemed go go perfectly for me, you can't help but feel a bit of a let down. To put this into better context, I was able to join a team that I really wanted to be a part of, played a big role on the top line with a couple of the very best players in the league, and won the Anton Razov award as the playoff MVP after leading the Panthers in scoring on our way to the Challenge Cup. It was going to be very tough to top that...
I think that anything short of repeating as champions would be viewed as a dissapointment, and unfortunately we weren't able to get the job done thos season. Still, to be a part of such a talented group of players and play for the Panthers, I'm not complaining.  We've established ourselves as one of the premier organizations in the SHL and we had a hell of a season. I'm happy with my own personal performance, my second consecutive 90+ point season as a member of the Panthers. Further more, I was able to lead the round robin portion of the IIHF Tournament in scoring, something to he proud of when playing gor my mother's homeland of Japan against the very best players in the world. Can't wait to do it all again next season.

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

D. I may be a bit biased here, but I feel that the team that has Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewiczhas in net has the clear advantage, because Grzegorz is the best goalie around, and plays for the best team in the entire SHL. Being that this is the all-star game, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see both back-up goaltenders have a big impact on the game.

E. I feel that Alexi Piastri had a season that once again was good enough to have garnered consideration for the all-star game. Alexi scored over 30 goals, recorded over 90 points, had a +44 plus/minus rating, and registered over 100 hits. Piastri has been incredibly consistent over his career, but maybe doesn't have the blinding point totals that it seems are required to make the team.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

2 Milestone TPE

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Get your tickets!
Create an add that tries to sell tickets to All-Star Game, needs to shows few of the top players and highlights the location (New Orleans).

[Image: U8n4HyT.png]

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, Almost a member (150 words min)
Which of the current players, who were still active during the season 76 has achieved enough that they should make it to the Hall of Fame? Are they already unquestionable first ballot Hall of Famer? Are they still close enough to their prime to make their case better or are they already so far in their career that realistically they are just working on their total career numbers at this point?

One of the easiest possible choices for a first ballot hall of famer would be none other the Philadelphia Forge legend Evill Allbran. Even if he retired right this moment, he would be a shoe in, but the man still has a lot left in the tank. Over the last 15 seasons, Allbran has led the Philadelphia Forge to success year in and year out. Allbran has 1126 points in 990 games. He is easily going to end his career over a point per game. To add on to that, Allbran is currently sitting at 490 goals. Unless there is some terrible curse, he is going to break the 500 goal mark. Obviously the numbers are there, but the impact that Allbran has had on growing the Forge franchise in Philadelphia cannot be understated. Without a performer like Allbran, the Forge would have struggled coming out of the expansion and that potentially could have led to the franchise collapsing. Just put him in now.
(164)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:22 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:23 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517514 +3

Code:

Quote:d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?

I’m going to bang the same drum I keep banging because apparently it ain’t loud enough yet: PUT THREE GOALIES ON EACH TEAM. There are three periods, a different goalie plays each period. THIS IS NOT HARD. You’re literally asking “will the goalies matter” and there’s such an obvious way to make each and every goalie matter, while rewarding more people for taking on that position. Just. Do. It. Already.

Quote:e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

Marton had a career year any way you slice it. Getting to move back to the wing freed him up a lot. While his goal tally remained steady from the last five seasons, he nearly doubled his assists and he *tripled* his hits. On a Texas team that has always played a physical game and not put up massive scoring, Marton upped the ante on both. He even put up 8 PP goals and 3 shorties, making his presence felt in all game situations. All-Star games are often about the flashiest players so it’s nice to be rewarded for playing all around good hockey.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, It is the draft season (150 words min.)
This season we saw huge changes on how All-Star teams were formed. How do you like the new draft format for all-star teams? Do you think it is good that committee picks the pool from which the players are drafter? Should there be more players from each team on the pool? Are last season cup finalist good picks for selecting the players?

The only real question is “why wasn’t the draft live?!” I’m sure there were time constraints, and possibly other hurdles, but watching the picks being made might actually be more entertaining than the game itself. At the very least, you’d probably get a lot of the players watching to see when/if they get selected. Not all the GMs would be able or willing to do video, but even just audio in Discord could be a really fun event. Maybe the draft needed to be done over several days, like SHL Fantasy, but with more time ahead of the next one, there’s a lot of potential with this new format.

Rewarding GMs who make the Cup finals is a nice little bonus, though of course that also means it’s the GMs with the most going on as the season wraps up, so that might hurt their availability and interest. Part of me would like to see a way for the players to do the draft, as the NHL has instituted. Trying to think of a cool way to pick which players get to be captains, because I also wouldn’t want that to be simply players from the Cup finalists, for the same reason. Probably one player from the host team at least. But let the players draft, and then the GMs have to deal with the team’s they’re given!

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

HO pass

3 milestones

3/8 TPE

b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?

Personally, I would have picked Willow Soderberg-Snooks before these two great defenders.  They are all fantastic and very deserving of the selection, but Willow led all defenders in points.  And I know this stat isn't the end all, be all, but Willow Soderberg-Snooks had the 4th best +/- for a defender (7th best for all skaters) and had 209 shots.  Those are some pretty impressive numbers if you ask me!

c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?

This is a tricky one, I took a look at just points (goals / assists), and these two top lines are pretty close. The Bergmark/ Martin / Fiske line has the slight edge with 313 points between the three of them, to the 310 points for Wagner-Svenson / Hargreeves / Beauregard.  So, I am going to flip a coin on this one, heads will give the edge to the W-S/H/B line and tails to the B/M/F line, here goes the flip and it's tails!  So by my precise calculations, the Bergmark / Martin / Fiske line should domiate this All-Star game!

5/8 TPE

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

My teammate from the Anchorage Armada, Luki Blackwood, was selected to go to the SMJHL All-Star game.  I think that this was a great selection for Anchorages representation at the All Star game.  Blackwood had a very solid season, scoring 24 goals and adding 45 asssists during the season, for a total of 69 points.  While Luki didn't lead the Aramada in goals or assists, (Muon Collider led the team with 26 goals and Jesus Murphy led with 46 assists), he had a much more well rounded season.  Luki played on both sides of the special teams for Anchorage, averaging just over 3 minutes a game on the powerplay and 2 minutes a game for penalty kill.  I am looking forward to see how Luki does in this game, I think we will see the best of Blackwood in this one, can't wait to see to outcome!

8/8 TPE

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:32 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +3

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

1. Milestones +1

b.
I do not think so. The highly offensive defensemen should be the only players selected in an All Star matchup, as most of the time defense does not matter. Were they two offensive defensemen? Sure, to a point, but I would not say they were the best for the first two defensemen picked.  [53]

c.
This was hard for me to come up with. On one hand you have the top goal scorer this season on one side, but offensive dynamos on the other. I feel like JRuke’s top line is better set up for success with two top scorers playing next to each other. Hargreeves is a great player, but I still feel like the other squad is that much better.  [67]

d.
Do goalies even matter in an All Star Game? Do they not just get dummied by high skill players showing off fancy moves? Plus, the game is never taken seriously, and it should not be. It is an honor to get the call to join one of the All Star teams, but in reality it means nothing.  [57]

e.
Why should Luca Pane make the All Star Game? He should not. I have said it for many seasons now, Luca has not been able to live up to his height as a former first overall pick. Not saying he reached his ceiling already, but he does not have far to go. Maybe if he can pick it up next season he will finally get the nod, until then he just needs to improve.  [74]

Luca Pane’s season was a bit down compared to what I originally thought it would be. He did step into a center position after being a winger his whole career, thus far. Before the season started, my goals were simple. Be at least a point per game, finish in the top three scorers with New Orleans, and show huge growth in my overall game. I did not hit those goals this season. I feel like I was close to seeing good improvement overall, but not enough to say I hit my goal. It is a little frustrating being a quality player not being able to figure it out more. I do hope that next season I take a major jump up and become a top scorer in the league. Maybe this season was more about building chemistry with new teammates? Regardless, my season was not the best, but I want to be better. I always want to improve.  [158]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

1. Milestones, 2 TPE. 

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.  Milestone Claim

Gordon WIlliam Gibbles making the All-Star Roster just makes sense, man. He leads the team in so many stats including goals, total points, shots on goal, and shooting percentage. Even on those he isn’t leading he rarely falls below top five, the man is a beast. He takes his position as left-winger seriously and comes out on top for it.

Even beyond that, though, he’s the 1st alt for our captainship so you know he’s taking a leadership position within the ranks. While our captain John Peanut takes the defense under control, Gibbles leads the offense for a perfect power duo. The player’s relationship to our GM may make some claim nepotism but I think that his skills leave that idea full of bunk. Within the ASG itself, I think having a fellow grizzly on the net in Lee Harrison will give Gibbles comfort of mind in order to play his hardest on the ice. He knows that our net is safe so he can give his full effort, something not to be sneezed at as stated before, to putting the puck in the other guy’s.

9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)

A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

“How do I feel about my performance this season? Well, bub, let me tell you: My stats may have dropped but that ain’t all that matters in the game. The Grizz’s run for the cup was solid, and that meant doing things a little different than last season. Peanut told me to block shots and hit the other time and the crunch of pads was all I heard after that. Well, that and the occasional snikt of blades and sticks…”
“Ugh, look bub I’m not here to talk about any rumors of what goes on behind the locker room doors. The team needs me and I need it. I don’t throw crazy parties because I don’t need to. I’ll still enjoy a cold beer with the rest of the team, and even some of the Calgary people. You also need to respect when I wanna go to a bar by myself, got it? Damn paparazzi, all of you. Alright, conference over. Go talk to the captain if you want to know more.”

"I'm the best there is at what I do... and what I do isn't very nice."

[Image: KMCIWeC.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2024, 03:05 PM by BANACKOCK. Edited 1 time in total.)

didnt mean to quote, lol...

Code:

Milestone Claim - 3 TPE

ISFL PT Claim - 3 TPE

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE, How can so many people be so wrong (100 words min.)
Votes are in and rosters finalized, how you feel about the last 4 players that were voted in? Do you think there were more deserving players that were left out or were you surprised to see these players not to be picked in first place? Did player you voted for get in?

I am not only suprised, but offended that Nathaniel Barca was voted into the All Star game in the last player in vote. The guy is an ass hole, and an absolute bum. He's horrible to fans and not a good player, he even had a horrible season both offensively and defensively so I don't understand why fans wanted to vote him in. Based on all the votes coming from two teams I think there is some high collusion of the worst kind that should be investigated immediately. Hell, if they wanted to vote on players from the same team you have San-Sam Emmerson right there ready to go. These fans confound me.
113 Words - 2 TPE

8/8 TPE

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]