Create Account

S76 All Star Week Due: Sunday, June 2nd @ 11:59 PM PST

1. Milestones +3 TPE

ISFL Affiliate PT +3 TPE 

6 TPE earned

[Image: Darby-Reznor-black-and-white-sig.jpg]
[Image: Darby-Reznor-MET-sig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2024, 07:52 PM by Count Chocula. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

Code:
Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?
c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?

b. Nash Topalo may be the more well rounded choice for a regular season game. However, when it comes to the All Star Game, Seamus O'Slapahan has more offensive upside. Offense is a high commodity in the ASG and defense isn't really much of a factor. That isn't to say Seamus isn't good in his own end though.

c. WhiteFuzz clearly has the better top line, if not only for having Antoine Beauregard on it. He is a dynamic and speedy power forward who can snipe the puck like the best of them. Having center Viktor Hargreeves, was the leagues MVP this season, doesn't hurt either. You can't forget Johnny Wagner-Svenson either who was the Barracuda's MVP.

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, Almost a member (150 words min)
Which of the current players, who were still active during the season 76 has achieved enough that they should make it to the Hall of Fame? Are they already unquestionable first ballot Hall of Famer? Are they still close enough to their prime to make their case better or are they already so far in their career that realistically they are just working on their total career numbers at this point?

The most likely active player to get into the Hall of Fame is Ivan Lacksamus. Ivan has had a tremendous career with the New England Wolfpack over the past eleven seasons. In just 726 career games, he already has over 1,000 points. He has over 400 goals in that time span as well with consecutive 50 goal seasons. He isn't just all offense either, at the center position he has a ton of defensive responsibility. Over his career his faceoff percentage is an astounding 56.4%, as well as racking up over 500 blocks and 800 hits. His trophy case is already packed with several awards as well. He has won 2 Ron Mexico Awards, for being the league MVP as well as 2 Sarmad Khan Awards for the player voted MVP. He also has 2 Sergei Karpotsov Awards for the most points in a season. He even has 3 Jeff Darr Award nominations for the best two way forward. All of this and you add in 2 Challenge Cups and you have a for sure lock first ballot hall of fame player.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:36 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Billy Herrington's teammate, Philippe-Eko Eel, is a standout player who earned a well-deserved spot on the All-Star roster this season. Eel's inclusion was an obvious choice due to his exceptional skills, consistent performance, and leadership on the ice. As a key player for the Atlanta Inferno, Eel has showcased his ability to dominate both offensively and defensively, making him an indispensable part of the team. Eel's stats speak for themselves: his impressive goal-scoring ability, playmaking skills, and relentless work ethic have made him a fan favorite and a nightmare for opponents. He has a knack for being in the right place at the right time, whether it's to score a crucial goal or to make a game-saving defensive play. His versatility and hockey IQ are unmatched, making him a true asset to any team. In the All-Star game, we can expect Philippe-Eko Eel to bring his A-game. He'll likely be a driving force on the ice, creating scoring opportunities and showcasing his signature style of play. His chemistry with other top-tier players will be on full display, and he'll undoubtedly make some highlight-reel plays that will leave fans in awe. Eel's dedication to the game and his teammates is unparalleled, and it's exciting to see what he will achieve in the All-Star setting. Overall, Philippe-Eko Eel's selection to the All-Star game is a testament to his hard work, talent, and impact on the ice. He's a player who consistently elevates those around him and delivers when it matters most. The All-Star game is the perfect stage for him to shine and demonstrate why he is one of the best in the league.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, It is the draft season (150 words min.)
This season we saw huge changes on how All-Star teams were formed. How do you like the new draft format for all-star teams? Do you think it is good that committee picks the pool from which the players are drafter? Should there be more players from each team on the pool? Are last season cup finalist good picks for selecting the players?

This season's new draft format for the All-Star teams has really shaken things up. It's a refreshing change that adds a new layer of excitement to the process. Instead of the usual selection, we now get to see captains pick their teams, which makes it a lot more engaging and interactive for fans. Having the committee pick the pool of players for the draft is a smart move. It makes sure the best and most deserving players get their shot. Though, I do think they could include more players from each team in the pool. That way, more athletes get the recognition they deserve, and it shows off the league's depth. Letting last season’s cup finalists have a say in picking players is an interesting touch. Those teams have already proven their excellence, and their input helps make sure we get the most competitive and exciting players. Plus, it adds a cool narrative element, keeping those teams in the spotlight. All in all, the new draft format for the All-Star teams brings a lot of positives. It makes the selection process more dynamic and fun for both players and fans. The committee ensures quality picks, while the cup finalists add a bit of prestige. This format balances recognizing individual talent and celebrating team achievements, making the All-Star game more exciting than ever.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

8 out of 8 TPE

1.. Milestones (3 TPE)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=136780&pid=3517996#pid3517996

2b.. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?

Both Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were the only defensemen picked in the top 10, reflecting their standout skills and potential. They were the easy choice of being the best defenseman in the league, I think they should be been picked a little earlier since it is very important to have good defenseman. 

53 words

2e.. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

My player should have made the all star game because of the performance from the defensive side of the ice. While his offensive stats were not amazing, Slurpe made up for these shortfalls by being an outstanding defensive presence in the defensive zone for his team. Without his defensive skillset, the Raptors would have let in many more goals. 

59 words

9.. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)

My player’s tribute for this season was a rather lackluster performance when comparing to his prior year’s performance. Seeing a decline in points was a big letdown for everyone’s eyes. With the anticipated increase in ice time as some players graduated to the SHL. Slurpe was not able to live up to the standards that his former teammates had set. With the results being less than expected, Slurpe’s moral has been very low, and some think it may have rubbed off on his teammates. I think that this poor performance was one of the reasons that Slurpe was making the switch the SHL this upcoming season because he truly did feel like he let down his teammates and wants a new challenge in his early career. While his last season in Colorado was let down, there were countless amounts of memories made with all of his teammates and he will miss seeing them in the locker room every day. 

159 words

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

1. Milestones

RE: S76 SMJHL Milestones

+3 TPE

7. How can so many people be so wrong

Chuck Chunky showed up to the post All Star Team draft ready to mingle with his soon to be temporary teammates when the security stepped in front of him blocking the door. After some confusion, he was informed that he in fact had not been selected for the all star team. At first he was a bit annoyed but this was the kick he needed to come back stronger next season and move past the regression he had experienced during his second season. He can now work towards his goal of making the all star team for the second time after his third season in the SMJHL.

+2 TPE

9. Players Tribune

There are aspects of my season that I am happy with and aspects of my season that I am not so content with. On one hand I experienced a good amount of growth, developing some of my defensive abilities late in the season but as you can tell based on my plus minus rating, it could have come a bit sooner. I had an acceptable offensive contribution but regressed a bit from my rookie season. That second season regression isn’t all that uncommon but I’d like to focus on the areas that I can improve and come back stronger for my third season next year.

Since being knocked out of the playoffs in round one, I’ve been hard at work honing in on some of those opportunities. I’ve had a chance to improve some of my defensive abilities like checking, positioning etc that will hopefully allow for a strong start going into next season.

+3 TPE

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2024, 07:10 PM by AuggieO. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Milestones: +3
WINGER:
Hits -> 94 or more: 131
Takeaways -> 22 or more: 31
Shots Blocked -> 22 or more: 36

7. Written, 2 TPE, How can so many people be so wrong (100 words min.)
Votes are in and rosters finalized, how you feel about the last 4 players that were voted in? Do you think there were more deserving players that were left out or were you surprised to see these players not to be picked in first place? Did player you voted for get in?

I feel like I was vibing with the simulation hockey league people as I saw these names called! One by one I thought to myself- I voted for them! I was most happy to see Lasse Zeigler get called- not only is he rumored to be related to Maddie Zeigler- but he is so deserving of this position. Looking at his stats and how to vibes with his team is a sight to behold. How could someone who is such an awesome teammate and a wonder on the ice get passed over the first time? I’m sut glad that the universe put him in! Last one in is still in! 

9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)
A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

The Players Tribune: From NoNo’s Eyes
Last season was really great for me. I feel like I really got into a grove with my teammates and when they need the puck I was already sending it down the ice to them, when I was lined up for a goal, they were on their way to assist me. All of my goals this season were hit. I lead my team with 66 points, lead the team with 33 goals, and I increased my ATOI from last season. My number one goal though, in life and on the ice is to enjoy what I’m doing and give it my best. I can definitely say after this season that I gave it my best and I truly did enjoy it the whole time. While there were a lot of memorable moments, one of my favorite memories was messing around in the locker room with my teammates after coming back and winning after being down for most of the game. We were so happy and proud of ourselves. A good team and teammates is something to cherish.

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

1. S76 SMJHL Milestones [+2]

9. Playing two-way is hard. It goes very much underappreciated, your grades aren’t as good, you don’t get scoring stats, and oftentimes you get relegated to PK lines without any ability to be recognized otherwise. In the SMJHL, this gets magnified.

I guess if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. For better or for worse, two-way forwards in the J just aren’t worth the time or effort, apparently. And with redistributions now being absolutely costless (and having one such waiver per season), I guess I’ll just go the route that most others have. Is it a sim thing? Probably. But I’m tired of having virtually no impact on a seasonal basis with no prospect of getting better, so it’s time for a change. Let’s just get some scoring in, and when I move up to the pros we’ll determine if it’s possible to be successful with a more balanced build (without being 2,000 TPE, at any rate). For now, maybe I’ll just jump for what’s made other players so successful. [169, +3]

10. Y’know, just for the sake of randomly rewarding a good-but-not-great player, what about the player with the most average stats for their position? Like, take all of the wingers and compare them to one another, the centers, the defensemen, and the goalies within the positions and determine what the average stats were. The player (across all positions) with the stats closest to the average for their position wins the award. It’d effectively be the “Most Mid” Award but makes a member’s day – something they can throw in their trophy cabinet that you can’t really actually vie for, because the better you make your build, the less likely it is you’ll have very average stats.

It's also something resembling an early-mid career award that bridges the difference between Rookie of the Year and the classic positional or league-wide awards, which is often a very long draught lasting over a half dozen seasons. All I’m asking you to do is think about it: wouldn’t it be nice to be a 3rd or 4th year player who manages an award? [177, +3]

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517543

4. Written, 3 TPE, It is the draft season (150 words min.)
I think that All-Star game is just a small thing here which mostly don't affect the league. I think that only players included in it has some fun with it. Since Mads didn't make it this season, I really don't care about this event other than for my teammates. New draft changes seem cool and arguably good. Last season cup finalists picking players are a good idea, since they are from the best teams. There just can't be bad players on contenders, so it's a very good choice. I can rate this update as an upgrade. Well done! However, I am not one of these people who are very hyped about All-Star event, so I won't be the right one to talk about how it affects the league. I know that some people might be happy to see All-Star game, but I have zero hype. I hope that these updates can change that, and more people will get much more interested into it.

Code:
Words: 150+

10. Written, 3 TPE, Most Offensive Goalie (150 words min.)
I think I would add an award for a defensive rookie of the year, I believe the league awards are skewed towards points which makes it tougher for a defensive player to win rookie of the year. I think it would be beneficial to the rookies especially the defenseman who play a solid rookie season in a tough league to feel like there is hope for their defensive work to be recognized. The Simulation Hockey League is an offensive league and keeping pucks out of the net is tough and the game is so fast that rookies who do well defensively deserve more credit. I would name it after myself because I came up with it. The argument for more defensive-based awards have been around for at least nine years, and there really hasn't been any ground made to prove that league management actually respects the idea of it. Rookies can't be left out of the conversation when it comes to this.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

05-30-2024, 10:17 PMFnoRespect Wrote: Milestones- S76 SMJHL Milestones (simulationhockey.com) + 3 TPE

3. Written- I think the most obvious teammate I could choose for this prompt would be Mia Lavoie. Mia had an amazing season with the Maine Timber leading the league in goals with 53 and trailing only her linemate in assists. This was accomplished all while Mia posted an impressive shooting percentage north of 20%. Mia would also lead the league in points with 113, as well as be the only player to have above 100 points in the SMJHL. This put her 15 points ahead of 2nd place in the scoring race. What makes the goal scoring for Mia even more impressive is the fact that only 11 of her 53 goals came on the power play, meaning the majority of her point production was done 5 on 5. Although the Maine Timber were full of players who deserve to make an all-star team this season, I can't think of anyone more deserving than Mia Lavoie. 
(155 Words) + 3 TPE

4. Written- I think that anything that gets the users more involved in the league is good. Even if it is just a few people. Allowing these people to draft the all star teams, gets more people involved in league activities. I know I personally would be thrilled to participate, and I’m sure I’d have a blast if I was picked to be one of the captains. I do think it’s good that the committee picks which players are eligible to be drafted, as if the captains picked players they might just pick who they thought would get them the win, rather than players who are truly deserving of an all-star nomination. If I had to choose who got to draft the all star teams, it would probably be the top GMs from each division. This way, it would be someone who had a good understanding of the player base, as well as someone who knows how to put a team together. It would also be a little bonus incentive for GMs who wanted to foster a top team.
(177 Words) + 3 TPE 

+8 TPE. 1 extra for safe measures ?

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]

1. Milestones 3TPE

[Image: qm0v49d.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2024, 11:47 PM by natedoeshockey. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

Milestones Claim

+3 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Is that time of year again when Patya talk to you about much great teammates. First, Patya am talk briefly about teammates in skills competition, Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev and Peter Tingle. These am much great forwards, as everyone am know. Benjamin Surki-Ze'ev much known by peoples and am much great skill. Peter Tingle is more up-and-comer and am also much good. Patya very proud of both these teammates for be so skilled and much good players. Now, Patya am talk about actual big all-star player, Filip Lund. This guy am play defense, which Patya know not much about because Patya am for score. Anyway, he am very good defenseman and Patya am expecting him to showcase this in all-star game. Patya think he obvious choice because we was best defense player for our team this past season. He very solid and dependable and Patya am glad he behind me when opponent get puck. Patya hope other people learn to appreciate this player.

+3 TPE

Code:

This season we saw huge changes on how All-Star teams were formed. How do you like the new draft format for all-star teams? Do you think it is good that committee picks the pool from which the players are drafter? Should there be more players from each team on the pool? Are last season cup finalist good picks for selecting the players?

Patya am really excited for new all-star team format. Similar to other league Patya am watch sometimes, called NHL, SHL am adopt draft format and Patya think this much cool idea. Patya don't mind that committee pick the pool from which players are drafted because with how SHL am setup, Patya think this is probably best option. Patya not necessarily think more players from each team should be on the pool, but maybe a bit more parity in regard for this am be good. If am having 40 players, then am maybe have 2 from each team and 2 vote-ins. Patya not sure if this how this actually work because Patya so busy that he just playing hockey and handling business, but maybe this is a thought which can keep in mind going forward? Patya definitely think last season cup finalists can be good picks for this because you don't just normally become much bad player after this happen. If anything, am become even better player because am having more experience under pressure of playoffs.

+3 TPE

TOTAL: 9/8 TPE

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3520283

+1 TPE

I'm always a fan of a draft and for a long time I've been saying that I wish the all star game meant more. I think the recent steps made over the last few seasons have definitely helped drum up anticipation and excitement for the game, and I think the draft and last man in vote is another part of that. I really like the idea of having players be team reps like they do in the NHL all star game and the NFL pro bowl now, it's a kind of fun way to add a little bit of personality to the competition and teams while also changing it up from being the same few people on each team each year if you were to go the division or conference route. I don't necessarily fully know the criteria for who gets added to the pool, although I'm sure that info is out there somewhere. I don't currently see any issues with it the way it is being done, although maybe changing it up in the future could be fun too.

I actually used to be on the awards committee so this is a subject that's near and dear to my heart. The number one award I would change would be the ol' Bojo Biscuit for the Best Defensive Defenseman. If you're not a stat nerd, believe me when I say that those of us who are have been desperately trying for years to find any way with the stats that are currently tracked by the NHL (and by extension FHM) to find a way to quantify a good defensive d-man. The truth of the matter is the way we usually evaluate a defensive d-man in the NHL is with the ever reliable "eye test," or to borrow a phrase from Justice Potter Stewart, "I know it when I see it".

Any attempt to quantify what makes a good defensive defenseman with the available stats can just as easily be made into a counter argument. If they block a lot of shots like Dan Girardi, well, why were they so open to take so many shots and why were you backed up in your own zone so much? If they're constantly laying the body for hits, well, that's well and good, but what aren't you doing while you're making hits, and are those hits leading to possession and turnovers?

So my gripe with this award is that every voter will have a different idea of what makes the best defensive d-man. I'd change it by honestly just getting rid of it (and I say this as someone who has had two defensive d-men in this league)

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
2a. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

Easy, because Darnell 1) has the sauce and 2) comes up clutch in big games. Seriously. I have no idea what I've done to deserve this in the sim but Darnell always shows up huge when you least expect him to. He's genuinely great for his TPE in the IIHF, and he had several key performances for NOLA in the playoffs which were utterly undeserved given his performance in the rest of the season.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Code:

Milestones, +3

Code:
a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?
b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?
c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

d. I would say the tandem of Devoir and PACK are arguably the stronger pair. While Brzęczyszczykiewicz is a great goalie, Holloway was pretty middling (how much of that was the team in front of them is to be determined). Meanwhile, Devoir and PACK are two very strong goalies on strong teams, so to me, the choice should be obvious. (59 words)

e. Jølngüštrâädüvich DuBølk just came off of a Bojo Biscuit season, and to see that he is still this disrespected is just appalling. With the addition of 40 assists this season (tied for 3rd) and being just outside the top 10 in points by a defenseman, it's a shame that the committee could not see such greatness in a player. (59 words)

+2

Code:

Looking through it, I do like how much this shakes up the format. Doing it as a draft is definitely a bold move, and I would like to see at least another few seasons of it. That being said, I generally like the dichotomy of East vs West, so if it were to revert back to that, my feelings wouldn't be hurt. For the player pool, expanding it to 4 players per team shouldn't be too much of a hassle, but it does contribute to my big negative, and that's that teams can go fully unrepresented in the game. while the 7 team rule is a good start, I would be interested to see a "1 player per team on each team" rule, if for nothing else than pure curiosity. Cup finals GMs being the pickers is a good way of going about it in my eyes. All in all, a very interesting change to the format. (157 words, +3)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:56 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3520297 +3

9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)
A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

I wanted to start this reflection on my career in the J with a little platitude, something really cute-like. But *fuck* that oh my god WE WON THE FOUR STAR CUP!!! This excitement isn’t really even for the trophy… ok maybe it’s partially about the trophy. Victory never hurts. But damn, it feels good just seeing everybody else around me happy and celebrating and taking that time to enjoy themselves. You come to the ice every day and you see these people, you come to understand them. The last few seasons… getting so close in the playoffs but always falling short. I could see how it affected everybody inside. These people… they work their asses off week in week out and it just takes its toll. You can see it in their eyes. I remember the tears after the playoff run last year. That’s why I really don’t care that I didn’t have a great season this year. I’m not taking home any individual hardware or anything that fancy. But I’m satisfied. Those smiles on everybody’s faces. It’s all worth it just to see that. Perhaps I can fit a cutesy little “there is no I in team” line at the end here? Heh. No shot.

The league has multiple awards, yet there is always room for improvement. What award would you add? Why that award and who it would be named after? Or which of the current awards would you change? How would you change it and why?

Aside from impossible to track awards like “biggest card gambling addict”, the award I would most want to see added to the selection would be some kind of award for overperformance in the player or team level. In real life, awards like “Coach of the Year” end up being used as a sort of team overperformance award and while I think that that’s a silly way of doing it, some award of that nature would be fun. Teams or players that absolutely nobody had any expectations of competing or putting up serious numbers absolutely locking in for a season. The issue with this kind of award is that it’s probably hard to tell when a team is starting to be good or whether it’s an actual fluke, maybe this could be solved by waiting a couple seasons until the season in question’s place in history is better known? It would be difficult, but I would love to see it.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:56 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

SHL Milestones +2

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs