Create Account

S77 PT #3: Humppaa Suomesta Due: Sunday, June 30th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2024, 01:31 PM by CaptainCamel.)

Option 2

The biggest culture shock that Paul Bondage has come into in his first season wit the Atlanta Inferno, is getting used to being under the captaincy of a hockey playing eel. Now Paul Bondage would never judge others for their cultural background, he is extremely open minded. However, it does get a little awkward when every time they go out for team dinners, the captain chooses a raw seafood place. It is not really that big of a deal, Paul Bondage does love himself some good seafood, but seeing his captain eat everything raw, usually still alive does get a little uncomfortable at times. Paul Bondage has tried recommending a nice seared salmon, but Eel won't hear anything of it. He loves his invertebrates, crustaceans, shrimp, crabs, and other ground crawling water critters. Now one great thing though, is that he really knows how to have a good cool bath after every practice and match. Lots of players will choose saunas, and understandably so, but sometimes you just really need a good cold water soak to relax those sore muscles.

WC: 180

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Option 2:

It's kinda funny, when you have been in a sport as international as hockey for a while, you almost forget how multicultural it is and how many different peoples and backgrounds there are around you, because it has become so normal. In my opinion this is a good thing because it shows that different nationalities and cultures can blend together almost seemlessly, as long as there is enough common ground that connects people, both in terms of the sport itself but also the values that come with it and with being a part of a team. My player also has a multicultural background himself, coming from a German family but one who has lived in North America for multiple generations at this point. The Winters are maintaining a strong connection to their native Germany, but the younger members of the family have spent a lot more time of their lives in the US and Canada that in Europe, so culturally they as much North American as German, if not more so.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Humppaa pumppaa kuningasjumppaa

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Even though Will Tomlander may not be able to get through using words and spoken communication, any good hockey player knows that insults and taunts can transcend language barriers simply by using body language and crude gestures. In this case, Will Tomlander will be twerking and generally trying to make the other player uncomfortable in order to throw them off their game, and to make them maybe not as play as well as they could. The mental game is a big one within hockey, and if you can make the other team feel weird or distracted, you can have a big advantage in the game which can lead to a win.

Otherwise, little pokes and jabs, and maybe something intimating that you had intimate relations with their significant others or familial relations might be a great way to get unreasonable reactions and draw a penalty from opposing players. You do nee to not cross the line though so that you yourself do not get penalized by the referees.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

[Image: British-Videl.png]

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

PBE Affiliate

Well fortunately, now that we are in the year 2024, besides being inflicted with things like kpop and yet another Taylor Swift tour (because she doesn't have enough money already,) we have a wonderful invention called chat GPT. Not only can I specify what insults to hurl at this opposing player, I can have chat GPT come up with new methods of enraging said player. Which is good because I don't know how to insult others very well outside of 'your momma' jokes and also jokes that I've learnt from watching too much Monty Python. Even better, I can have chat GPT, or Google translate, turn it into whatever language this dude speaks. Although I don't know if 'hockey player who has taken too many hits to the noggin and is also missing several teeth and also drinks himself into a stupor every night' is a language that anyone can speak. But I'm willing to see how this turns out! (165 words)

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Being from Finland Jacppo had a lot to learn when he first came over to the United States. The concepts of American Football and really any sport that was not played on ice or surrounded by snow was a completely foreign concept to him. Luckily he quickly made friends with Mia and Edouard Lavoie who had also moved from across the ocean. They had come from a bit milder climate in France. Quickly the 3 began hanging out and not too much time later a 4th and 5th member joined the crew in JJ and Mcstopper. JJ came from Canada and Mcstopper hailed from Ireland. With so many unique cultures they found the best way to bond and connect was through introducing each other to their favorite foods from their countries. It was so nice for Jacppo to see this level of diversity and acceptance and it solidified even more that he was exactly where he was supposed to be.

Code:
160 words

*Writing Prompt 2

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Option 1
To make the opposing player mad specially a star player i result to tactics and my game is specifically to annoy him like harras him a bit with a stick and minor stuff like that when its not even needed what creates a feeling for the opposing player that he doesn't need to do that but why is he doing it what could potentially make him annoyed i would also speak finnish to him and if he doesn't understand it its even better since then he knows that i know he doesn't understand that language but still i speak it to him so that would make him specially annoyed since he can't even understand what im saying and it seems i know that so i could be throwing god tier insults at him but he can't understand them so he can't respond to those insults at all if that doesn't work well nothing does

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

Option 2:

We have a fantastic locker room in Texas, filled with interesting characters. There are so many different nationalities well represented and it's been so fulfilling to be around these players and learning more about their culture. On the ice, we've been able to share a variety of practice drills that we've done in our travels. It has really changed up practices and kept us sharp. We've also taught each other some phrases in different languages that we can use on the ice and hope that the other team doesn't quite catch it.

Off the ice, we started a weekly international food night. One night every week, we each bring a food dish from our country and share it with the team. Food is the universal language and there's nothing better than breaking bread with your teammates. It's been a fantastic bonding experience and a great way to try new food from around the world. It's been such an amazing room to be a part of and you can see the bond we have for each other every time we step onto the ice.

(183 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Option 1: After trying to physically punish the other team’s best player and finding him to be completely unaffected by my game, I choose to take a new approach to try to find a way to piss him off. Since he is the opponent team’s best player, I told myself that a new wat to piss him off could be to make sure that he can’t perform to the level of his current ability. I’m telling myself that he could become frustrated if everything he tries to do to create play ends up failing every time. To accomplish this, I choose to follow him really closely to try to block the block from reaching him and every time he has the puck, I put my stick in a position close to him to prevent him from passing the puck forward, only letting the defenseman behind him has an open passing option. I hope that after multiple failed play attempts, he will finally lose his cool and start fighting me.

167 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Rence Sykut has learned a ton since moving to North America from his native Latvia. During his time in Carolina he discovered the absolute joy that is proper southern BBQ. While cooking meat over open flame is commonplace all over the world, he had never experienced the grilling and smoking of meat to perfection that is a staple of Southern United Stated comfort food. Now that he's in Seattle, he has picked up on more outdoor activities such as surfing and disc golf as a way to enjoy the beautiful outdoors of the Pacific Northwest. Conversely, he has also taught his teammates his favorite parts of his Latvian culture including the joys of European electronic dance music and hard bass. His teammates would laugh at him at first when he would put it on in the locker room, but now even his most initially averse teammates can be caught bopping along after a hard fought win. 

157 words

Written Option 2:

Denebor Milasch has had a lot of exposure to other cultures through out his career. Coming from Poland he had to immigrate to Sweden at a young age to continue his hockey journey in a more hockey fluent country. So from a young age he was introduced to the Swedish language, food, and culture. Denebor was immersed in it and would also introduce his teammates to his Polish culture and foods. After he was drafted into the SHL he once again moved across the Earth and joined a team in the United State of America in the Carolina Kraken. His third complete immersion into a new culture. Lucky for Denebor he is very open to new food and that is always his favorite part of new teams and teammates. While he enjoyed the things like pickled herring in Sweden he wasn't ready for the amount of different food available in Carolina. He could basically get anything he wanted or was interested in and all his foreign teammates had their little hole in the favorites to show him. The next move to Toronto didn't come with any major culture shock, but the addition of poutine at most restaraunts was a welcome addition to his rotation of food.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)