Create Account

S77 PT #3: Humppaa Suomesta Due: Sunday, June 30th @ 11:59 PM PST

As a major tough guy enforcer, you must know may tricks on how to get under another player's skin. While foul language and mean comments about the player and his girlfriend must be a large part of every enforcer's game, sometimes it is simply not enough. Like in this game against the SuperNovas, it turned out that the whole team only speaks Russian. A quick google translate told me that stupid is glupyy in Russian, that still wasn't getting anyway. So now what? Go for the goalie. Every play you go and splash ice on his face. Without fail. Refs can't really call anything, but the other team gets so mad. Then we pull out the glupyy word a bit, and oh boy do we have them going. With the new word and the snow spraying, quickly a player wants to fight. Let's go, high punch, low punch, block a punch, and this is our game.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Written Option 1

Jeyeff Effo is skilled in the art of non verbal communication, using his body language in a skillful way to speak volumes without words. Whether it be seduction, instigating, or his most skilled love making, he lets that beautiful bald head do the talking, it is mesmerizing.  The skill of luring an opposing player to fight is very similar to seducing then into love making, it is a very FINE line that you mustn't cross or it could turn a rousingly disasterous, Jeyeff Effo has learned this the hard way many times. So no matter what the situation or the language barrier, Jeyeff Effo will always find a way to get his message through. In this specific scenario of antagonizing and goading an opponent into a fight, Effo has a perfected a tried and true technique that will enrage any human into a furious rage and want to fight. Disclaimer, no not try this at home, this is performed by trained professionals. The secret move? You dig your bare hand into your butt crack like you're digging for buried treasure, get all up in there, and then waft (or face wash) your hand into the opponent's face, make sure to get your fingers up into the nostrils for full effect. Fight mode activated.

220 word.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/4cvtDWE.jpeg[/img]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Option 2
Jacob is exposed to multicultural people for years starting from his childhood growing up in France. After he was done with school, he is already multilingual in French, English, Italian, and Spanish. Coming to North America have expose him to a different lifestyle than what he is used from Europe. He learn to adjust to American and Canadian culture. Although he likes to maintain his French culture since then. In his spare time, he manage to get into the music scene so he can play. He spend his days in Canada to travel around the country to explore. He takes pictures and put it on social media to share with his family back home. He also takes some cooking classes to develop his taste buds better. He develops a liking for heat so nowadays he likes his food to be spicy. So Jacob reads cookbooks on spicy food so he can cook it. Meanwhile, he is looking at where he can invest in wine outside France.

Written Option 1
I'm fairly confident I made my player Swiss, which means he's got to have at least a couple languages under his belt, right? Like, English, French, German, Italian? A little bit of each for sure. English primarily, because he learned how to speak watching TV instead of from his inattentive Swiss parents. So anyway, he's in a spot where he's gotta let this guy know that we're gonna throw down but he doesn't speak one of those languages. However, whatever language he speaks MUST share some similarity with one of them. My plan would be to try to guess which language he's speaking shares the most similarities with one of the ones I know, and sort of build a Rosetta Stone type of translation tool but for hockey related shit talking. Like, the Egyptian language shared some similarities and had a direct translation to Greek, and we could use our knowledge of the Greek alphabet to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics, so based on that I could surely use one of or a combination of my languages to let this guy know that I'm gonna feed him his lunch. The important thing is trial and error and writing it down so future generations can find it and figure out how to let one another know that it's time to throw hands.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Code:
Graphic Option 2: Create an image showing you player enjoying their favorite thing (food, activity or whatever) they learned from their foreign teammate.

[Image: mCmUB0y.png]

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Cormier is quite the social butterfly so he has had many opportunities to learn a wide variety of things from all his teammates that dont come from north america. He has had the luxury of trying many foreign dishes, like @Snussu 's microwaved hotdogs, and has had the pleasure of learning more than he really wants to know about Eurovision. And to be clear, Cormier absolutely did not know Eurovision was real and not just a Will Ferrell movie until very recently. But one of the best things he's learned is various styles of playing hockey from all over the world. Every country and league seems to play a little differently and he enjoys learning things he may not otherwise think of, such as how European players use the extra ice space they have. They also tend to play a slightly less physical game and have a lot to teach cormier about puck management, gap control and the finer points of preasuring opposing players in open ice situations.

written option 1:

Are you kidding me? If that star player doesn't know English, they will surely pick up on cues via physical body language and gestures that I'm ready to fight! I didn't spend all this TPE on fighting and aggression for nuthin'. I'm gonna fight somebody and its gonna be this dang star player that everyone keeps talking about. I'm gonna goon it up so much, just be an absolute pest to this star player until they snap! Then BOOM, I'll hit em with the left hook to the jaw! Down they go to the ice! Star player tries to stumble to their feet but the refs come separate us before anything else can flare up. Whatever, whatever, I win! I've got my arms up in the air, pumping up the crowd. They are loving it, cheering me on and all that. Then I sit for five minutes stewing up a storm because what else am I supposed to do with all this aggression built up? I'm frickin' angry and I want to fight!

[Image: LChpoGG5_o.jpg]

Written Option 2:

One of my favorite things of the SHL and being a part of a team is meeting new people, and that includes meeting new people from all around the world. There is so much to learn in this world, and the best way to learn it is through peoples experiences. I've been lucky enough to make a lot of good friends on the site, and meet people from different countries. One of the best people I got meet was @Ronniewalker , from learning about his day to day, the work life balance, but even him competition on their version of Jeopardy. There is so much to learn about other countries, but the SHL does a great job of connecting people, and learning about people. The league has definitely made me want to vacation and travel more, it has added some stops to my future travel list and I'd like to think ill have friends that I can lean on when I need advice!

163 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Billy Herrington has gained a lot from being part of a team with players from different cultures and backgrounds. Playing for the Atlanta Inferno, he's been exposed to a mix of nationalities and customs that have enriched his life both on and off the ice. One of the biggest influences has been his teammate Shoyo Hinata from Japan. Shoyo has introduced Billy to the Japanese way of life, including new foods and traditions that Billy had never experienced before. Now, Billy has a newfound love for sushi and ramen, and he even tries to incorporate some of the Japanese diet principles into his training regimen for better performance and recovery. Billy has also picked up an interest in Japanese martial arts from Shoyo. This has added a new dimension to his off-ice training, improving his discipline, balance, and focus. Another cultural aspect that Billy has embraced is the concept of meditation, which Shoyo practices regularly. This has helped Billy stay calm and centered, especially during high-pressure situations on the ice. Additionally, Billy's teammates from Europe have introduced him to the joys of watching soccer. At first, Billy didn’t understand the hype, but after watching matches with his teammates and seeing their passion, he’s become a fan. Now, he enjoys following international tournaments and even plays pick-up games during the offseason. Through these cultural exchanges, Billy has developed a broader perspective and a deeper appreciation for the diverse world around him. This has not only made him a better teammate but also a more well-rounded individual. He's grateful for the friendships he's formed and the new experiences he's gained, all of which have had a positive impact on his life.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Option 2: Lias has had the opportunity to learn about a lot of other cultures and traditions in the time he's spent both in the SHL and in international play. On the team in Winnipeg, he probably spends the most time with Mikko Rashford, since they've been playing on the same line together for what feels like twenty years now. Rashford is Finnish and Lias grew up right next door to Finland, so there wasn't really much to learn there that he didn't know already, culturally speaking, mostly just a lot of friendly rivalry and good-natured ribbing. But there are also plenty of people on the team to learn from, and even on his other teams - when he's playing for Sweden, he has learned a lot from M'Baku Olubori, who is from Nigeria. That's probably the most significantly different place from anywhere Lias has ever spent any extended amount of time, so he has been very interested to learn anything Baku has been willing to educate him on.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Mia isn't much of a fighter, but if she did go that route she knows there are more ways to get under peoples' skin than through words or blockbuster hits. Another player doesn't have to speak English to know they're being pestered as things heat up during the game. It might start with ongoing pokes or slashes to the shins, the bumping of elbows on the way back to the player's bench, slashing sticks out of hands when the ref isn't looking, maybe even just a sarcastic smile.. just overall dedicating some time to annoying that one person. One hit sends a bit of a one time message, ongoing nagging that doesn't get caught by the refs is just a frustrating pain in the butt. They may be tough as nails but every player has a pet peeve, and Mia has the patience to figure out what it is and how she can capitalize in a way that really grinds their gears.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Graphic Option 2: Create an image showing you player enjoying their favorite thing (food, activity or whatever) they learned from their foreign teammate.

[Image: dq5Ufom.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Option 2
Growing up in Boston, Jay lived a pretty sheltered life. Eating a lot of boiled food and being surrounded by folks exactly like him really made for a strange experience when he finally got out into the world. Jay has learned an incredible amount from his foreign teammates and he is grateful for meeting so many wonderful people and being exposed to so many cultures. Jay will eat almost anything one of his teammates puts in front of him, after being sheltered for so long he wants to try anything and everything. Sometimes people take advantage of this by feeding him some weird fermented fish but usually it's good. Jay has also gotten into Icelandic folk music and watches a lot of k-dramas, both introduced by his new worldview, way different from the constant cheers episodes and New England games that he used to watch. Jay loves his foreign country friends and always happy to welcome in new cultures, he's looking forward to the next IIHF tournament to be able to meet even more.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Option 1:

Well Jussi Mutou has already become fluent in 3 languages, having already known Japanese and Finnish, and adding Quebecois French to that list in his time with Montreal. What’s another language to Jussi? Jussi would put all his free time and effort not spent training for games into learning as many languages as possible, including dead ones. Not only would this allow him to trash talk to anyone, but it also allows him to communicate with potential teammates.

If that doesn’t work however, Jussi Mutou would simply send his rivals loved ones to the shadow realm. Imagine this, you’re about to play the Montreal Patriotes and right before the game begins, you find out your wife/husband/grandma/best friend/dog got sent to the shadow realm by Jussi Mutou. Surely that would make anyone angry and throw them off their game.

With the most important person to his rival sent to the shadow realm, Jussi would almost guarantee a fight with anyone he wants. Foolproof plan that isn’t against the rules (so far.)

[Image: JUSSI-MUTOU-SPOTLIGHT-450-X336.gif?ex=66...d3ba51b19&]
[Image: 29XRi31.png]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]