Create Account

S77 Championship Week Due: Sunday, July 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

1. Trivia
Verification word: crows
(3 tpe)

2. I think Ziegler might be a little bit better and he have show during the regular season that he's one of the best playmaker in the game at the moment. He really like to pass the puck and every player right now should look at how he does it. Cormier have decided to score in the final with two goals in the first game, but also managed to get one assist in the second game while Ziegler got three in total in the first two games.
(86 words = 1 tpe)

3. Lacksamus is a leaving legend so yes Txas should look closely at him. When a future Hall of Famer is on the ice, everyone should be aware and look closely at him to limit is time and space with the puck. It will not be easy for Dionne to stop all his shots and after the first two games, he did it!
(62 words = 1 tpe)

4. In the playoffs, everyone should do more to help his team getting the big trophy. If you have to take a hit do it, if you have to block a shot do it. The sacrifices you need to make to win it all is the reason so few of us can say at the end of their career that they won it.
(63 words = 1 tpe)

5. The stats of Olof Karsikko are from another planet! He really is the reason New England are in the final while he stop almost every puck coming at him. I would say that FHM really favor them as Dionne didn't had the same success in those playoffs and that may play a rôle in the final. You need a strong team, but also a goalie that is on top of his form and that for some reason the game love him. Unfortunately, the game doesn't like Dionne even if he's suppose to be twice as good as Karsikko, but can't do much about it.
(105 words = 2 tpe)

Total = 8 tpe

Prompt number 2:

Both of these playmakers are important members of their teams. When looking at their attributes, Lasse Zeigler has the advantage in passing, puckhandling and offensive read and a few phyisical attributes like acceleration and agility. On the other side, Nathan Cormier is more built for the defensive side and has great checking, positioning and defensive read stats. While it could be easy to give the advantage to Zeigler and I probably would, let's not forge that Cormier's defensive attributes helps him get the puck quicker and maybe help him get him some assists. Now looking at who actually finished first, we can see that Cormier finished with 27 assists and Zeigler 25. There is a possibility that Cormier's teammates were better at scoring goals which helped him get more assists.

Code:
130 words, 2 TPE

Prompt number 5:

Let's be honest here. Olof Karsikko is one of the best goalies of all time in the SHL. He has proven time and time again that he can be relied on. Let's not forget that Anthony Dionne won the gold medal in the last IIHF championship and was a key part of this team. He is a great goaltender that will be an important part of SHL's history, but Olof is on another level. Olof amazing save percentage of 0.913 in the playoffs in the last season is quite amazing for FHM and he deserves to be named the best goalie. I believe New England had the advantage.

Code:
108 words, 2 TPE

Prompt number 6:

Good question. I think this depends where the standoff happens, if it's in an open field, the Renegade would have the advantage because of the long range and could start shooting the wolves while these run towards the renegades. On the other side, in a close quarter situation like in a forest or in a town, the wolves would have a big advantage because they could jump on any the renegades very quickly before these have time to shoot them. A few wolves would still get hurt and possibly die, but they would still win. The wolves have big teeth and are very quick on their paws and can maneuver very easily between obstacles. On the other side, Renegades have guns and might have horses which makes them quicker. The renegades would also not be good in close combat situation and would not be able to fight all the wolves. It would be narrow.

Code:
154 words, 3 TPE

Prompt number 11:

It was a big season for my player, Louis Belanger, as he got one step closer to join the New England Wolfpack in the SHL. Regression is still something very far as we are right now concentrating on maximising TPE to get him ready once he joins the big league. In his 2nd season in the SMJHL, Louis Belanger played 66 games, scored 26 goals and did 28 assists for a total of 54 points. A good 14.9% shooting percentage was nice and he was able to do 90 hits and get only 19 minutes of penalty which is great for a power forward like him. Looking at more advanced stats, he finished first on his team with a GR of 73 which came from a 74 OGR and a 67 DGR, not bad! He was also first in Corsi with the only positive one on the team with 50.9% and a great 4.2% CF relative, his fenwick % relative was even better at 5.4%. And he wasnt even that lucky, his PDO was 98.7. All this while average among the lowest time on ice of the team. Team wise, Louis was very happy to get that upset in the first round of the playoffs. The season had not gone to the level we expected with only 22 wins, but beating Nevada in 5 games is probably of the greatest upsets of all time.

Code:
233, 4 TPE

In total, 8 TPE.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2024, 10:13 AM by Bfine. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Sota (+3 TPE)

9. I’m going to make the argument that Calgary will be the next one to win the cup. I think they have the best chance in the next window of winning based on how young their team is and how strong their young players are earning. Toronto and Minnesota probably have the best chance in the near future but I’m not sure if they have strong enough teams to beat LAP, SFP, NEW, or PHI. Toronto I think has a better chance though with the East being more vulnerable. Baltimore I think has missed their window and are likely heading into a rebuild soon. Manhattan has the potential to make a run, particularly with the East being a bit weaker than the West, but I think they may end up between the current contenders and the dynasty Montreal is trying to build. The Patriotes have an incredible prospect pool, and while they are still far from winning it all, they will likely be the best team in the East for a long time. Tampa Bay I’m worried isn’t strong enough now or in the future. This is why I think Calgary has the best chance of being the next winners, with Montreal or Toronto right behind. (+4 TPE)

12. I think this will be another Canada gold medal year. They are in a weaker group and still have an incredibly strong roster. I think the USA will once again miss the playoffs, and I think Czechia will make the playoffs. Finally, I think in a bit of a shock Norway will end up missing the playoffs in what looks to be a strong Group B. (+1 TPE)

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Offseason Pass

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

CW pass

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
2. Lasse Zeigler and Nathan Cormier each come into these finals tied for the most assists in these playoffs at 21. Who do you think will have more impact as a playmaker in this series?
3. Ivan Lacksamus is once again leading his team in points and has already tied Aaron Wilson’s record for career playoffs points at 242. While they are not the only one in New England to be producing points, do you think Texas should worry about Lacksamus who seems completely unaffected by their age?
4. Hodor and Seamus O'Slapahan have both been important parts of their teams offensive but they also have a noticeable lead in blocked shots in the playoffs. We know that one goal can change the game so each block is one puck on goal less to worry about, but can one person do it all or should the rest of their teams follow their example and start focusing more on blocking shots?
6. This time it is not one on one. Who will win in a fight between a group of renegades or pack of wolves? How does the fight go?

2) It has to be Cormier because of the history that Texas has in the finals during their franchise existence. The team just doesn't take many loses while playing for it all - so a team who matches up against them needs to bring their S tier game - even S Tier +++ in order to push themselves over the top and that will be needed here.

3) The saying always goes - fear the old man in a young mans profession. Hockey has always been the sport where you see players as young as 18 come in for teams an make an immediate impact - that just does not happen with baseball or football in most cases. When you have those veterans who can still get it done - there is something special there and Texas better lock down Lacky or they will be cupless at the end of this season.

4) Blocking shots HAS to be a team effort. If not only for spreading out the wear and tear on the players - but also for giving their goalie the best opportunity in any game they play in to get the win and save their efforts for when they are really needed. The issue is that what all those blocked shots can do to ones body so lets get some thicker leg guards on all the Defense okay?

6) I think it is safe to assume the Renegades would have guns on them being a cowboys like theme so I have to give them the straight advantage. Open field its a massacre - in a forest then the wolves can have a shot as those old six shooter pistols were kind of inaccurate and really hard to reload. Numbers equal for both sides - I still give the overall to the humans with weapons.

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Step Closer
After long last Minnesota managed to make their way to second round, but were not able to push further just yet. Since switching to FHM we have had multiple teams that have won the cup but there are still quite few teams that haven't been able to make it all the way. Baltimore, Calgary, Manhattan, Minnesota, Montreal, Tampa Bay and Toronto have not won the Challenge Cup during the FHM era, some have been close, but which one you think will be the next one to win and why do you pick them over the others?

9)Some teams just seem to be cursed when it comes to sim leagues and anyone who dares associate themselves with the city of Toronto doom themselves to a life of failure sadly. A lot of the remaining teams are in a rebuild so to pick who reaches the title first is a bit hard - but I feel like Baltimore currently has the best shot of getting their first ahead of the pack of teams listed.

Trivia done as well - 3 possible TPE

Verification Word = Dougcat

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

CW Pass

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2024, 11:45 AM by Otrebor13.)

Task 1 – 3 TPE

Verification

Task 5 – 2 TPE

When it comes to the playoffs, goaltending is incredibly important, Now, obviously the team in front of the goalie could bail the goalie out and score more goals, however the playoffs typically have tighter matchups and are much more difficult to create space. Therefore the goal scoring goes down overall and your goalie needs to step up and help out. When you look at the goalie stats, I would definitely prefer to be with the hotter goalie. Is Texas at a disadvantage? Perhaps a little, but they were also able to get to this point with that same goaltending. In a seven game series, anything can happen.

Task 6 – 3 TPE

Once again these are awesome, but this one is slightly tricky. I assume that the Renegades have weapons, which would significantly change how this fight is viewed. If they don’t have weapons, then definitely give me the wolves, I don’t think anyone would choose otherwise. With weapons, however, I am a little torn. I would still like to lean towards the wolves, but some heavy machinery would probably make it so the wolves don’t have a chance. Let’s put it this way. If the battle is on flat terrain, just head on, I’ll take the wolves. If the Renegades are able to set themselves up, find some higher ground and have weapons, Renegades win this battle. I always like to side with the animals, but this one can get a little hazy depending the circumstances of the battle.

Side note; I wrote this after the playoffs were done and it went 7 games. I guess just like my logic, it was a tough battle but the wolves ended up prevailing.

Task 14 – 1 TPE

I know I don’t need to, but I will write a little something here to say congratulations to the New England Wolfpack. In addition to that, I am happy for my brother, Bruno Tooyo, for securing himself another ring. A relatively quiet guy around the SHL, but he has made himself a pretty successful player. I hope to see him get into the Hall of Fame one day!

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 02:54 AM by Count Chocula. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

JNH

2. +2 TPE - 106 words
Cormier will without a doubt be the more impactful player in this series. He is a natural 2 way forward, which allows him to be just as effective offensively and defensively. While his assist totals are impressive, it's also his takeaways numbers that catch the eye. He will be an effective shut down player against the Texas top line. He is also among the leaders in hits which will effectively wear down the Renegades over an anticipated long series. So far the Texas Renegades have had an easy road to the finals, and facing a more physical team could be what finally throws off their game.

3. +1 tpe - 53 words
Ivan Lacksamus should be respected and feared. He is an ageless wonder that just continues to rip it into the net. He's a 2 time MVP and a 3 time champion. Lacksamus knows what it takes to win. If the Renegades don't take him as a serious threat, then they have already lost.

5. +2 TPE - 109 words
Texas absolutely has to be worried about goaltending coming into the finals. Dionne has not been great. He's been statistically very average coming into the finals. Olof on the other hand is playing out of his mind for the New England Wolfpack. Olof also brings in a pedigree of excellence the likes of no one has ever seen. Hes been here 6 times before and has 3 championships to show for it already. He also has a playoff MVP trophy to go along with it. Olof is the only reason the Wolfpack are here in the finals once again, while Dionne has just been a long for the ride.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2024, 01:02 PM by TheOPSquid.)

1. Trivia + 3 TPE
Verification Word: Tentacles

4. Both Hodor and Seamus O'Slapahan have been important parts of their teams offense but overall New England has been blocking more shots as a defensive group than Texas, including their top defenders. Texas has their defensive core chipping in on offense more than New England overall and although they may be behind in shots blocked, they are leading in takeaways which in my opinion is a more important stat. I do not think the teams need to prioritize blocking shots and should stick with the plan and style that got them to this point, make adjustments as needed in order to shut down the play styles but not veer too far out of what they have done to get them in this position. (123)
5. I would not say that Texas has a massive disadvantage, Dionne is actually hovering around an average performance and not a negative one. It would be more fitting to say that Olof Karsikko is having an unreal MVP worthy run than to talk negatively about Dionne. Karsikko putting up this high of a GSAA is insane and the last time a goalie put up those kind of numbers was Casey Fantobens in Season 71. There is no doubt in my mind that if New England wins this series it is because of Karsikko's performance throughout this playoff run. Karsikko would be my playoff MVP pick heading into this final round of the playoffs. (113)

11. After my rookie season I am pretty pleased with my performance, putting up 61 points in 66 games was above my expectations and I hope to eclipse the point per game mark next season. I will continue to max earn as long as I am able to and will hope to have my player improved a bit for next season where I hope to break the 20 goal marker for the first time. I ended this season at 19 goals which makes me want to hit 20 goals even more. It would be amazing to finish with 21 goals next season and 71+ points next season, that way I have 132 points in 132 games in my career. A bit selfish but I think that would be nice to have. (130)

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Gades

Code:
11. Written (187 words). One Season Closer to Retirement
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

Marton has definitely overperformed compared to my expectations and I’m very curious to see if he can keep it up. My original build was meant to mimic the playstyle of Tomas Holmstrom while also leaning into the game knowledge aspects of offensive and defensive read. My main goal was really to solidify a third-line role and maybe getting to run the left wing lock. Over the years, I’ve had to fill in at center for multiple seasons, which necessitated adjustments to the build so I could be effective. And learning more about FHM forced me to abandon the idea of being a net front presence as Screening is a useless attribute in the engine; sad.

But with all of that, I’ve still kept the focus on being a physical player who can get into the corners and use the body to support the offense. Having back to back seasons with massive assist and hit numbers has been a wonderful outcome and I’m trying to craft this second regression to make sure I can stay there for one more season, to hopefully have another shot at the Cup.

Code:
14. Written (217 words).- The Procrastinator Special!
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 77! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

Texas really should’ve pushed harder to not get completely boned by FHM. Like in game 5, they should have not given up two shorthanded goals. They did great to put up 49 shots (a full 21 more than NEW) and to outperform their opponents in nearly every stat category. But letting their opponents score a completely realistic number of shorties while also letting that goalie get a 100 game rating was not the way to win. And then with it all on the line at home in game 7, I would not have my nearly 1900 TPE goalie get a 35 game rating and a .790 save percentage. As a GM, I would have pressed the button that makes my goalie perform as well as they did all season, no reason to switch that up for the final game.

And ultimately, when you haven’t lost a single playoff game at home, I would just not lose two of them in the same sim on the final day of the championship. No, I would’ve done a much more realistic job of continuing to be a good hockey team, like they had been for nearly all 20 previous playoff games. Choosing to suddenly forget how hockey works was a bad idea and, frankly, an unrealistic choice on their part.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

gm pass

[Image: izzy.PNG]

GM pass.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2024, 04:39 PM by r0tzbua. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: schnitzel

3 TPE (hopefully)

Quote:14. Written, 50 to 200+ words.- The Procrastinator Special!
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 77! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

The New England Wolfpack beat the Texas Renegades in an exciting 7 game series to take the cup to the East Coast. It must surely feel good for them, especially after their early exit last season in the playoff and the beatdown in the finals they received from the Los Angeles Panthers in Season 75. I have to say though I did not really believe it would happen, they surely did not have the best of regular seasons only finishing 9th overall in the standings compared to Texas' place 3 after it ended. They sure pulled together for the playoffs though. After losing their first 2 of the series many people probably believed that was it for them but as we have learned from the Oilers in this years Stanley Cup finals it is never over until it is over. Winning game 3 5-2 was a big win for them and got them back right in the series even if Texas took home Game 4. But New England finished strong and won the 3 last of the series to take the cup to the land of Dunkin Donuts. Especially Game 7 was quite the dominant one and they truly wanted it more it seems like. While shots were pretty balanced Dionne did certainly lose Texas the last game with a horrible save percentage of .790 which made it pretty much impossible for Texas to win it. Thus this series ended in a New England win and Texas for sure would do good to find a new tendie for next season.

260 words, 4 TPE

Quote:11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

I am quite happy with Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean's season this year. He improved again compared to last season and put more points on the board across all the stats. While I wished it would have ended as points leader sadly the resim of nearly a whole week put and end to it. But after all I can still be very happy with how he played and look forward to the first season in the SHL.

75 words, 1 TPE

8 TPE total

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Just crossing this one off my checklist Smile