Create Account

S77 Championship Week Due: Sunday, July 28th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2024, 06:21 AM by OrbitingDeath. Edited 2 times in total.)

3 TPE - Affiliate claim - https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid821887

3 TPE - Trivia:  codeword:  trivia

2 TPE - Task 9: One Step closer -
While it is more wishful thinking than anything, my money is on calgary who are currently trying to build through their youth movement. The longer the players will play together the better their chemistry will become and hopefully it will be enough to push the dragons forward to challenging for the cup, it's been a road with a lots of downs, but we need to stay positive and focus on the endgame here (despite Montagne probably be old enough to make it towards that), but I hope to help the Dragons grow until then and that even when we will split the games, that Montagne will still have a veteran leadership to guide the younglings to glory.

117 words

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2024, 09:03 AM by bobdigi9. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW Trivia (3 TPE)

Verification word: keese

11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement (4 TPE)

як пісок крізь пісочний годинник....

From his home in the Ukraine, to picturesque Alaska, and most recently to forested Maine, the scenery around Matviy Cajabi hasn't changed much. And while his surroundings have remained rather constant, time is not. And with another season in the books, it brings Cajabi along with countless others a step closer to the end of their careers. For some, that time is now as they close the curtains on illustrious SHL careers and for others, the skates were hung up long ago. Fortunately for Cajabi, he still has some ways to go before he utters the dreaded "r" word, so for now we'll focus on on what was his penultimate season in the SMJHL.

When Cajabi entered the league, there wasn't much hype surrounding him. Little was known about the Ukrainian enigma, and if felt almost fitting that he ended up in sleepy Alaska. He had moderate success in his rookie season which saw him picked in the first round of the SHL entry draft by the Edmonton Blizzard. What should have been a season that saw him build on his numbers, as is often the case things didn't turn out as expected.
While the Armada didn't have a terrible season, whether it was the pressure of his draft position or other contributing factors, Cajabi just wasn't the same player he was during his inaugural campaign. Both his goal and assist totals dropped but perhaps more alarmingly for a player who prides himself on his defensive prowess was his shocking -21 in the +/- category after posting a +17 in his draft year.
As if his statistical output wasn't itself a disappointment, Cajabi found himself traded for the first time. While this is nothing new in the world of hockey and sports, it nevertheless always comes as a shock to the player. But rather on focusing on the negative of not being wanted by one team, Cajabi viewed the trade as a team wanting him and to use the opportunity to prove to himself that he could be a difference maker in this league and the SHL. Suffice to say, he did that and more.
In his one season with the Timber, Cajabi blew his previous numbers out of the freezing Alaskan waters. His statline of 45-50-93 were better than his two seasons with the Armada combined. Additionally, his +46 was a return to form in his defensive game.
Something about the Maine air really brought out the best of Cajabi. The good news is that there's still room for his game to grow, and he'll get a chance to show what he can do during season 78 when he'll be leaned on even more in Maine after graduating players like Mia and Edouard Lavoie and Jean-Jacques Francois Jacques-Jean. Cajabi has always stressed he's keen to be a leader and he'll get that chance as he tries to keep the tradition of winning in Maine alive.

Code:
word count: 501

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis (4 TPE)

Czechia is the bestia. That rhymes, right....?
Another year, another WJC tournament. Another chance for the Czech hockey team to prove to the rest of the world that they're for real and contenders for having the gold medal draped around their necks at the conclusion of games.
Competing for the second time after their inclusion in the season 75 tournament, the Czechs didn't fare as well in S76. Compiling a record of 4-0-6-2, they missed out on a trip to the playoff round after having made it (and losing to Team World in the first round) the year prior.

This year comes with new hope for the team, returning 13 players from the previous year. Chemisty shouldn't be an issue, and coaching/management should have a better idea of what works/didn't work and be able to put a strong, cohesive line-up together from their first game. Additionally, the returning players have another year of experience under their belts and after their lack of success last year they will be eager to try and win for their country (or adopted country for that matter).

After getting his feet wet with 5 games, Tomas Suchanek is primed to take the lion's share of starts in goal. He will be pushed by Akira Suzuki, his teammate in Nevada, who was loaned to the team.
Jesus Murphy, who led the team in points last season, is back along with Nathangus McExplosion who was second on the team in goals with 4 (and 9th in league scoring during the regular season with Colorado) as well as Matviy Cajabi, whose trade to Maine during the offseason saw him explode offensively and creep into the top 5 of SMJHL league scoring.

Only time will tell, but the Czechs are aiming to "wrech" the competition on their way to the gold medal!

Code:
word count: 314

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

Slime

Keep Playing Guys 
-Jack Hvaik
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2024, 11:53 AM by dankoa. Edited 2 times in total.)

9. One Step Closer

As much as I would like to say Montreal is the most likely of the teams who have not won during the FHM era to get over the line, I think the most likely candidate is probably going to be the Tampa Bay Barracuda in my mind. I don't know what it is about them, but I think they're very close to getting there with the pieces that they have and they are maybe an addition or two plus a couple seasons of growth from being able to be considered one of the very best teams in the league. Some players like Johnny Wagner-Svensson and Benson Fiorentini are stars already, and they have some great young talent like Dag-Otto Bjorntast who is one of the brightest young talents in the league at this moment in time. I think with the base that they've got another round of prospects being called up and maybe a big name addition in free agency or via the trade market could be enough to really get them the rest of the way. Like I said, my heart would love to believe that Montreal are next up but I think we are still a fair few seasons away, while the Barracuda are one of those franchises that really don't need to do too much to get themselves their first cup in the FHM era.

Code:
228 words (4 TPE)

11. One Season Closer to Retirement

I think the message coming from this season is that it was okay. I had higher hopes on an individual basis for Emil; given that there was not much likelihood for success on a team level, I hoped that his achievements as a player would go some way to making up for that, with my main goal for him to be a point per game player as a sophomore in the SHL. Sadly, he fell a long way short of this, posting 19 goals and 31 assists for a total of 50 points. Hitting 50 points in his second season isn't a bad total, but it's not quite the level of success I was dreaming of and so we're just going to have to hope for a better return next season. The likelihood is that he should be able to post a better points total given the TPE gains and improvements in his teammates, but the SHL is certainly not a league of guarantees. I still don't think Montreal are quite ready to really compete for a playoff spot, so it's likely that success will be focused on an individual basis for at least this season, but who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised! The Patriotes are calling up a load of great rookies from their prospect pool, so it could certainly be the case that we're able to improve on what we did in the last couple of seasons and find ourselves with a spot in the postseason.

Code:
249 words (4 TPE)

8/8

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Trivia - AckAck

Prompt 14 - 223 words (4TPE)
Your New England Wolfpack are the S77 Champions! This year’s team had the feeling of something special for quite a while, and it feels so cool to see all the hard work pay off. Being in that locker room (although not yet playing as I’m still a prospect) really showed me what the SHL is all about. The room came together, even when we were down 3-1 going into the final sim of the season. Standout performances up and down the lineup, particularly from Antoine Beauregard, Nathan Cormier, Ivan Lacksamus, Seamus O’Slapahan, and Pork Tenderloin were responsible for putting the Wolfpack in a position to win. With that said, it would be foolish to overlook the contributions of Olof Karsikko, without whom the Wolfpack would have never even sniffed a title run. His .913 SV%, while not eye-popping in and of itself considering the ream in front of him, gets far more impressive when you look at it on a game-by-game basis (I highly recommend Luke’s breakdown, available not in SHL media).
Ultimately, there wasn’t much the Renegades could do to change the outcome of the series. They had an excellent roster as well (were probably the favourites going in), and good management and culture. Sometimes the sim gods just decide today isn’t your day, and that’s how the season ended in Texas.

[Image: UufQtZ0.png]
sig credits to @Nokazoa
[Image: wkhxpJS.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word: truth

+1.5-3 of 3 TPE

Code:
5. Olof Karsikko stands miles ahead of the league these playoffs in goals saved above average at 19.76 while Anthony Dionne is actually in the negatives at -0.90. Do you think Texas is at a major goalie disadvantage? Why or why not?

I’m a bit late on this one but I think it became obvious in the finals that New England did have an advantage. Playoff Olof Kar’Sicko’ was lights out throughout the playoffs but took it up another gear when facing Philadelphia in the conference finals and rode that momentum into the finals. Olof’s goals saved above average improved over the course of the finals to 26, as he continued to be pummeled in terms of shots against having faced more then 300 more than any other keeper throughout the playoffs. While the GAA numbers don’t seem unreasonable, the lead in save %, saves above average and the fact that with the workload he faced he never wore down shows who the real MVP was in these playoffs. While the general consensus was that Texas had an advantage on paper (if you were to predict these finals from the jump) I think we learned ‘why they play the games’ throughout the course of events.

163 words, +3 TPE

Code:
6. This time it is not one on one. Who will win in a fight between a group of renegades or pack of wolves? How does the fight go?

In a 1 on 1 matchup of renegades and wolves, I’d say renegades take it. While wolves are smart pack hunters, and renegades probably leave a little to be desired in terms of teamwork, I think the ability to wield weapons and the overall human intelligence and communication leads to an advantage in battle. If we are looking at an equal number of wolves and human cowboy types, I’m going with the gunslingers every time. The battleground makes a big difference too. If we’re talking about on a sheet of ice, the human advantage is even more substantial because I think Wolves would use cover to their advantage both offensively and defensively, but there’s not much cover out there on the ice.

122 words, +2 TPE

Code:
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

Marek continued to grow in his second professional season. It’s easy to forget that most players his age were rookies. Carda’s numbers improved across the board and was on a line with two other young players which bodes well for their future. The one reservation I have about the performance is by virtue of being the third line on the most successful regular season team, the matchups were inherently not that challenging. As the player matures, can performances keep improving? As responsibilities increase, will if affect offensive production? Only time will tell.  In terms of next season, the roster is not changing much, so I expect the third line and Carda himself to have further improved numbers.

117 words, +2 TPE

Code:
Which team do you see as your main rival in either IIHF or WJC? Maybe it is the closest neighboring country or someone who you have met in the playoffs countless times? Or maybe your team got split for WJC and you now have eternal hatred for the other team or the other way around, did your teams get merged and you want to show to your old partners in IIHF why they were bringing you down? Do you think that most of your team agrees with your pick or is it for more personal reasons?

As a representative of team Czechia, I’m going to say Latvia are our current rivals. In IIHF competition, the rosters are very similar in terms of talent level. In WJC, Czechia recently split from UCORCAL and formed their own independent team, which resulted in a weakening of both squads. Geographically, there’s not much distance between the two nations. I think it’s a slam dunk rival choice.

66 words, +1 TPE

Total Earned: +9.5-11 of Maximum (8), +8 TPE TOTAL

\
[Image: v09bRKvt_o.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2024, 11:53 AM by ShadowFenix.)

1. verification word: challenging
+3 TPE

11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement

Shadow Fenix just completed his rookie season in the SHL. It went about as expected, with him scoring 35 goals, and 41 assists, giving him 76 points, 2nd in rookie scoring behind his teammate, Will Tomlander, by only two points. I hope to compete for rookie of the year, however, I recognize that my teammate is likely to receive the award. He had an incredible season, and I wouldn't be upset if he were to receive it. With that said, next season, I hope Fenix keeps growing. I want him to have the same kind of career that he did in juniors, where he was leading scoring across the league, and hopefully he'll be able to ascend to new heights. It may be a bit of a long shot, but I'm hoping to push 90+ points, and then the season after can be my first SHL 100+ point season. If I can achieve that, then really my only leftover goal is to win the Challenge Cup. It should be easy enough, right? Of course, I do always want to push for individual awards, but honestly with the way juniors went, I feel like even if I'm nominated for them, I won't get them. There's always someone who had an even crazier sim, lol.

[213 words, +4 TPE]

6. This time it is not one on one. Who will win in a fight between a group of renegades or pack of wolves? How does the fight go?

A pack of renegades would surely win. Nowhere in the prompt does it say the wolves are bloodlusted, so I think after a couple wolves are shot a couple times, the pack as a whole will retreat. Wolves don't like attacking groups that are large in numbers, so when the renegades put up a fight back, the wolves will recognize that it's a losing battle.

[65 words, +1 TPE]

---
+8 TPE total

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: tib

3/3 TPE

One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

It can be hard to separate the success of a goalie compared to the success of a team. I think for Tibuk it has been positive, if nothing else from a TPE perspective. At the time of this writing Tibuk currently sits at 1915 TPE and should easily crack two thousand before he hits regression. This is enough to continue to be first in his draft class (season 70) with a solid 6 TPE lead over second place. Stat wise goalies are invariably tied to the defensive success of their team. Tibuk had a bit of a dip in his production from certain stand points (Save % and GR) but also had successes with the GAA and wins. I think the noticable difference is that Tibuk faced far fewer shots this last season compared to previous seasons which likey attributed to more wins and few GAA. Either way just a few seasons left until regression so we will continue to monitor the levels of success.

164 words

3/3 TPE

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much do you expect them to change this time?

Switzerland is coming off an outstanding performance from the previous IIHF tournament and hopes are high that they can be a big contributor this time around again. The Swiss team put an impressive 9-3 win-loss and had the lowest goals against of any other team. Their strong defense and goal-tending really stood out for a team that was poised to make a long medal run. Hopefully a gold is just in reach after losing in the finals last season. It is definitely a great time to be a Swiss national (or a Swiss transplant) and the team is going to be getting cheered on with high expectations.

104 words

2/2 TPE

Total: 8/8 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

07-18-2024, 08:11 PMthe5urreal Wrote:
Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each
correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit.
Post your verification word in your CW post.

moist
+3 TPE

Code:
14. Written, 50 to 200+ words.- The Procrastinator Special!

Looks like [TEAM] won Season 77! Who won and why? What could the other
team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite
part of the series?

Well, parity wins again. From Season 70 through Season 77, New England has represented the Eastern Conference in the finals five times having now won three Challenge Cups. The Western Conference has seen five different teams make the finals over the same timespan. Regardless, the Wolfpack's domination of the 70s cannot be denied.

Texas showed throughout the playoffs that they could match up against any team, cruising to the finals by beating Chicago, Minnesota, and the best team in the West, San Francisco. New England won a tough seven Gane series against Buffalo in the second round but otherwise faced little resistance including from the top team in the league, Philadelphia.

In the finals, Texas looked like they were unstoppable, jumping out to a three games to one series lead. There's one thing New England had proven time and time again though. You can't count them out no matter what. The Wolfpack would win three straight games to complete an epic comeback and win their third cup of the 70s.

I can't say what Texas could have done differently since I'm no FHM expert and I'm not sure what kind of adjustments they had already made. That said, perhaps sticking to the tactics that got them to a three games to one lead would have done the trick? Hindsight is always 20/20.
[223 words]
+4 TPE

PBE AFFILIATE CLAIM
+3 TPE

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2024, 05:49 PM by spidey. Edited 3 times in total.)

CW TRIVA:

Excelsior

+3 TPE

Writing option:

Number 5:

Texas has a team and a strategy that does not rely on their goalie to win games.  They are built with a ton of top tier depth and control the play.  Anthony Dione is still one of the best goalies in the league, the stats lie.  Dione only looks bad because he faces much tougher shots when a team finally gets an opportunity to shoot, fewer shots, better chances equals more likely goals.  Unfortunately for Dionne this has happened at a similar goal scoring pace as his opponent.  If he faced a lot more shots that were lower chances to score we wouldn't even be having this debate.

109 words
+2 TPE

Number 6:

My gut reaction is the Renegades they would have weapons of some sort and there is a reason man kind sits a top of the food chain. A few gun shots, long sticks with spikes to keep the wolves at bay and it would be over... but what if the Renegades did not have man kinds greatest advantage.

If the Renegades were fighting with their bare hands and feet, this would take a whole other turn. The wolves would cause terror between snaps, snarls, and growls until one of the Renegades broke from the group. The moment one breaks he is lunch. Together they look imposing and would make a wolf or pack think twice. The wolves would quickly pounce on the lone Renegade finishing them quickly attacking his legs bringing him down before going for the neck ending him.

This would cause a chain effect freaking out a number of other humans. They would fall to the ground screaming, run in the opposite direction or just be dumb enough to try to save the first victim. Any way you look at it when they break from the group or show weakness they would be next.

The wolves would dwindle down the numbers like this slowly breaking the Renegades until the lone few are left bravely standing their ground. Unfortunately at this point the numbers would no longer be there to cause the wolves to pause the attack on the group. And with a final push the wolves would finish the Renegades with no more than some bumps and bruises.

TPE: +4
250+ words

Total TPE +9 of Max 8

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Quote:11. I think it's safe to say I didn't really live up to expectations in my second season in the league, I'm sorry to say. After a decent, good enough rookie season for the Anchorage Armada, I definitely had my eyes set on putting up even stronger numbers in year 2 but it just didn't really happen for me. Thanks to a (relatively) strong finish I did end up matching my first season's point totals, but overall across the board nothing looked all that great.

I managed a little over half as many goals as I did in season 1, but made up for it with 8 more assists. My shot percentage was down, my +/- was WAY down from a -5 to a -38 (I know that's not just on me, but damn) and I didn't really do much on the defensive side of the game either, only managing a few more blocks despite another 100 minutes on the ice compared to my rookie campaign. That being said I did throw out more hits and lowered my penalty minutes, so there's some silver lining there.

The upside to all of this is that it's just year 2 for me, and I've got a lot of support in my corner from my juniors and majors coaches, so I feel like the pieces are there for me to ball out in the coming seasons, it's just gonna take a little more focused effort and communication from all parties. Have I peaked? Of course not, the show is just beginning, and I think it's gonna be a fun time.
265 words - 4 TPE

Quote:14. I hate to disrespect a team and say the other one walked through the series without much trouble, but it seems pretty obvious that the New England Wolfpack handled the Texas Renegades without too much trouble, winning the series 4 games to 1. But that's not to say Texas didn't put up a strong fight, regardless of what the series score says. The games were tightly contested, with the largest margin of victory being 3 goals in games 1 and 5, and after a long, hard fought regular season AND postseason? it's hard to be disappointed with those numbers. What you really have to appreciate is that even after getting off to a rough start in a 5-2 loss in game 1, Texas came right back in game 2, scoring 3 goals before the Wolfpack could answer late in the 2nd period, and they managed to keep that potent offense quiet all the way through to the end of the game to level the series; its good to see the team keep their morale up and look to generate some positive momentum going into a big game 3. And that momentum showed up, as Texas was the first to score in game 3 and they fought all the way through, even after the Wolfpack scored 3 uninterrupted in the 2nd period. Unfortunately Texas fell short, but they continued to battle, keeping up a similar pace in game 4 and 5, but their defense just could not contain the wolves.

Each game was electric, with big moments and big player performances, and I think that's why we all love the game of hockey. A stronger defensive showing from Texas in the end might have us talking about a different result, but they can hold their heads high knowing its an honor and testament to their skill just to make it to the finals. Respect to both teams, I look forward to seeing y'all on the ice in the coming seasons.
329 words - 4 TPE

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each
correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit.
Post your verification word in your CW post.
Ivy

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why?
7. Going to have to go with the Texas Renegades in this one. A complete team who has overcome a lot of hardships to get to this point, it feels like they are due. It has been tough going for this group with disappointing losses in previous seasons, but this time they get it done. (55 words)

Code:

One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to
your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being
hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's
performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your
peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?
Overall, I am really happy with how my player performed. In particular, very happy with the offensive output as I was one of the league leaders for defenseman goals, points, and shots. This was a goal of mine going into the season, so it was nice to see my hard work pay off. I was a bit disappointed with my defensive play, particularly at the beginning of the season. After being around a -10 on the ice early on, I was happy to finish with a much better +/- mark as I shored up my defense. Regression starts for me next season, and I will not lie that I am a bit nervous. Just as I felt I found my game at the highest level, some of my skills are going to be taken away from me. However, I know that I will continue to work hard in the off-season and it will pay off when I am able to combat some of that regression and remain an all-around asset for my team. My goal for next season is simple, we need to win the cup. That is the one thing that has alluded me. I do not need individual awards, points, etc. but I need that cup and that is the only thing that matters to me now. (218 words)

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2024, 06:39 AM by Katth. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Tivia - 3 TPE
Katth

6. 1 TPE (53 words)
Renegades win in the fight obviously. Wolves are smart animals, but are no match for ranged weaponry. That is why I pick the Renegades to win against a pack of wolves in a "one on one" fight. The weapons are simply way to over powered and the wolves have no answer for it.

9. One Step Closer - 4 TPE (201 words)
Tampa Bay will the next to win the cup simply because I am part of the team. I am not even kidding. Yeah that was a joke, but I still think Tampa Bay should have a really could chance of winning the cup in the next few seasons. Last time Tampa Bay made the cup final was in season 50 I believe and that is where I scored two goals in game seven, but for Calgary at the time with my player Barry Batsbak. Now that he is retired and I am playing with Rikkert Biemans it is time to turn the tables and win the cup in the regressing days of Rikkert Biemans. I am not sure how many more seasons I have in me, but being a veteran on the team I can help the youngsters flourish into star players and help them guide their career through the SHL maze and become super stars. Tampa Bay has done really when drafting, but could be a little bit more aggressive on the trade market to add the final pieces of the puzzle to make it everything click so we can make that last final step in winning the cup final.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT  - 3 TPE 

1. Trivia

[Image: A3AlstA.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2024, 08:43 AM by AuggieO. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 1.5 TPE for participation

Verification word: AMIRIGHT

13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. National Rivalry (4 TPE)

My PERSONAL main rival in the IIHF is the United States because little known fact NoNo Jo was actually born in Denver. While he had an absolutely fantastic time playing for the USA team he decided that the best thing for him to do would be to play for Switzerland in the off season as he enjoys their chocolate. Sorry USA, I do love you (eh) but the preservatives in the food and the addition of milk powder into everything makes me think that my hockey prowess can only be honed in the good ol’ Switzerland. I have also heard that the weather of the Swiss people is moderate with no excessive heat, cold or humidity and that sounds like a great place to be. So USA, you're not really a rival as in I don’t like you (cause I love you- at least the SHL version if you know what I mean) but more like a rival in how I need to improve myself and beat you because I came from you. And I need to be better to prove myself that it was a good decision and best for me to move on to the Swiss! Best of luck to you, but slightly better luck to myself!

Words- 209

14. Written, 50 to 200+ words.- The Procrastinator Special! (4TPE)

Looks like Vancouver Whalers won Season 77! I always knew they had it in them to be 4 cup champions. The other teams could have had the same bonding experiences as the Vancouver Whalers if they wanted to play as awesomely and synchronicity-ly on the ice as these Whalers did. The Whalers bond over greuling practices, and have much off ice time bonding and getting into sync with each other. They all have each other's Find My Friends (don’t ask if any of them are android users- they are NOT that is part of the contract when they get drafted as a part of the Whaler fam. They have to smash their non iPhone, if applicable, and convert to the apple way of life- after all the apple does not fall far from the tree), they know phone numbers by heart, birthdays on the drop of a dime and bank accounts they know the current value at any time. When the players are linked up and having the brat girl summer of their lives- you know they are going to kill it together on the ice. In conclusion, their manager is Gen Z and that makes them OP. But they can’t be nerfed. WHALE NASH!

Words- 205

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]