Create Account

S77 Championship Week Due: Sunday, July 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for
each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Halkoholic

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Step Closer

After long last Minnesota managed to make their way to second round, but
were not able to push further just yet. Since switching to FHM we have
had multiple teams that have won the cup but there are still quite few
teams that haven't been able to make it all the way. Baltimore, Calgary,
Manhattan, Minnesota, Montreal, Tampa Bay and Toronto have not won the
Challenge Cup during the FHM era, some have been close, but which one
you think will be the next one to win and why do you pick them over the
others?

I think Manhattan has what it takes. Yes, of course, obvious bias as I am on the team with a long term contract. My motivation is that MAN has been very close earlier when the team was at the peak. Two times in the finals BARELY not winning. Yes I am still in pain from those memories as my old player was part of it. The management has not changed and the team culture is even stronger, making it easier to attract and keep a bunch of strong earners together. The team is on the way back from a slump as a rebuild took place and when players start reaching their peak, which should start being soon-isch, the chances of a cup win are, in my opinion, quite good.

[129 words] + 2 TPE

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement

One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to
your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being
hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's
performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your
peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

Being called up one season early had me not expect too much for my rookie season but I still am very happy with the performance Niclas Sundqvist managed to put up! Next season I will probably break 1k TPE and look to invest even more in being a defensive giant. Still ways to go for my peak but I think that together with the rest of Manhattan improving a lot in TPE as well there is a chance that I can finally start putting up some positive +/-. I am very surprised at how well my GA/TA ratio is. Far above what I thought was possible for a rookie season and one of stats that I personally wanted to have success in with Sundqvist. Points were never my goal with this player so 23 in total with four goals is way above what I expected for my rookie season. Really looking forward to see where this build can take both me and Niclas Sundqvist.

[164 words] + 3 TPE

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification: glop

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

1. CW Trivia verification word - droop

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE
ye

Short Prompt 3 - 3 TPE: Ivan Lacksamus is once again leading his team in points and has already tied Aaron Wilson’s record for career playoffs points at 242. While they are not the only one in New England to be producing points, do you think Texas should worry about Lacksamus who seems completely unaffected by their age? 154 words

9 - One Step Closer - 2 TPE: I may be a bit biased when I say this, but I believe that the Tampa Bay Barracuda will be the next team to win a cup that hasn’t yet in the FHM era. The team already came very close, making a finals vs the Los Angeles Panthers, but came up short despite a legendary playoff run from veteran and team legend Michael Fitted. Now, the old guard from that cup run core is all gone, but the Barracuda have plenty of talent on the roster and are still a relatively young team. With a bit more growth from the team’s young forwards and defense, the team will be a wagon. 111 words

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

dope

8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. New Challenger Arises
New England has been one of the top teams in the league for all of the 70s, winning two cups during their four finals appearances. While Texas has not had finals appearance since they won the Cup in S62. Based on regular season standings you could think that Texas comes in with the advantage but last time New England went to the finals after they finished regular season at 9th they won the cup and in general they have lot more experience from the finals. Do you think that New England can take advantage of their experience or is this just another series with clean slate for both teams? Who you got? Who wins the Challenge Cup? Why?

This season's Challenge Cup final comes down to two teams, both deserve a shot to be here. One maybe more than the other? But why is that? Let's take a look at the Texas Renegades, they finished their season with 44-18-4 record with 92 points. That's good enough for 2nd place in the west, which is no small feat. The other team? The New England Wolfpack who come in at 40-24-2 with 82 points, good enough for 4th in the East, and 2nd in their division, only 3 points behind the Buffalo Stampede. So who does this match go to? Well, playoff experience comes into play here, with a 15+ year drought to the finals from Texas, there's not much experience coming into high pressure games. Meanwhile, New England comes in with 4 appearances in the last 7 seasons. Experience matters, that's what this game comes down to. Texas may make it to the finals with ease and blowing past the rest of the West. But they don't have the biggest x-factor that New England has. Karsikko mode.

178 words, 3 tpe

11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

Ubba Lodbrok, 2nd year player for the Philadelphia Forge, of the Simulation Hockey League, has made an improvement from his rookie season. He's stepped up goal scoring, but draggd behind his A total from last season by 1 apple. Overall though, 15 more points than last season, a better +/-, spent some more time on special teams, spent more time on the ice, upped his defense abilities a bit more, and took a lot more faceoffs. Not only did all of this happen, but got 4 GWG in the season as well. So, over a point per game, took a good chunk of faceoffs, played more time both even strength and on special teams. Not too shabby for his sophomore season.

120 words, 2 tpe.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2024, 10:54 AM by charlieconway. Edited 2 times in total.)

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification: charlton

(+3 TPE)

Quote:11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

I had a bit of a disappointing season In S76. This time around, I my expectations were blown away. Jae-ik Barron (my player) performed as one of the best Inferno forwards in all facets of the game, in which I credit management in finding a good role for him. He was third in scoring on the team, behind only Billy Herrington and Jiggle E. Puff. Averaging almost 4 minutes per game on the power-play certainly helped, but I think there were some steady improvements in Jae-ik’s game that became noticeable as the season went along.

For next season, I think I’m expecting more of the same. Not just a successful season stats wise, but also more growth so that my effectiveness on the ice increases to the point where Jae-ik is challenging for the top point-producer on the team. An added physical element to his game would also be nice. Oh, and also maintaining his strong defensive play, which was honestly the biggest priority for me when I created this player. It’s interesting how I initially envisioned Jae-ik as a defensive center, but just getting a taste of points and offensive success was enough to convince me that a well-rounded player is much more valuable for the Atlanta Inferno.

(207 words, +4 TPE)

Quote:13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. National Rivalry
Which team do you see as your main rival in either IIHF or WJC? Maybe it is the closest neighboring country or someone who you have met in the playoffs countless times? Or maybe your team got split for WJC and you now have eternal hatred for the other team or the other way around, did your teams get merged and you want to show to your old partners in IIHF why they were bringing you down? Do you think that most of your team agrees with your pick or is it for more personal reasons?

It may not necessarily be relevant right now because the reasoning is outdated, but the countries I see as Canada’s rivals are Great Britain and Czechia. Both teams were good when Canada went on its dynastic run in the S50s. Britain in particular was the country that kept Canada from winning five gold medals in a row. Those two countries were great and always have pull for new users to create in.

(72 words, +1 TPE)

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

1. +3 TPE
kal

11. 210 words, +4 TPE
Things started pretty underwhelming, I think Ottawa was in the middle of the pack about halfway through the season and as a sophomore season for a new franchise I guess that was expected. Maybe banning a user from the SHL gave us the push we needed because that second half we really started winning, including what I believe was a 9 games winning streak at one point. Demir Bellona finished the regular season on a strong note, with 21 goals and 30 assists. Most goals for a defenseman was a nice thing to get. Considering the end of our regular season, I was expecting a strong playoffs push, but I did not expect us to get to the finals and taking 2 games off Vancouver. It would've been nice to win my first ever 4 Star Cup of course but I can't be mad at that performance. Moving forward to the Montreal Patriotes will be exciting, we're still rebuilding and we're missing another 2 classes until we're ready to earn TPE and push but I'm very much looking forward to the future. I think it's been at least 2 years since my original player so to finally be back in the big league after that time is gonna be fun.

12. 58 words, +1 TPE
Latvia Ratvia is very much on the up and coming and I think we'll be taken seriously very soon. I haven't really followed the results up until now but we've got the talent on the team, Seany has masterfully gotten amazing users to transfer and I'm looking forward to at least a decade of dominance in the IIHF.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2024, 10:59 AM by .Laser.)

0. ISFL Affiliate (3/8)

1. Trivia (6/8)
Verification: Punk

5. Karsikko vs Dionne (8/8)
I do not believe that Texas is at a goalie disadvantage necessarily, but they will certainly have their work cut out for them. Karsikko has been absolutely stupid good this playoffs, and while one would think he is due for a regression soon, I am starting to believe that he will just never die and will always be a monster. I also believe that the fact that Texas is in the final with a somewhat poor performance from Dionne so far is a testament to their offensive prowess, which leads me to believe that they will break out and finally cause Karsikko to break. (104)

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2024, 11:03 AM by Bonk. Edited 2 times in total.)

1.) 3 TPE - Belly

12.) 1 TPE - I am hoping and predicting that the Untied States of America is going to get the gold in the IIHF tournament and Hugh Manius put up be numbers. Why? No other reason than I would like Hugh Manius to the win the gold. I would really like to see team USA as that would be cool especially considering team USA has not been as of late.
Words~66

19.Podcast 4 TPE - https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/bsh-cw77

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Code:

salami

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
4. Hodor and Seamus O'Slapahan have both been important parts of their teams offensive but they also have a noticeable lead in blocked shots in the playoffs. We know that one goal can change the game so each block is one puck on goal less to worry about, but can one person do it all or should the rest of their teams follow their example and start focusing more on blocking shots?

While Hodor and Seamus O'Slapahan have excelled in blocking shots, I think it is important for every other player to play their own game. Each team is not in the finals because of one player. It is a team effort. Each player and team should stick to playing their own game because that is what got them here.

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
6. This time it is not one on one. Who will win in a fight between a group of renegades or pack of wolves? How does the fight go?

Between a group of renegades and a pack of wolves, I am afraid the fight would not be close. The pack of wolves lack one crucial component and that is weapons. With weapons on the side of the group of renegades, they would easily overpower the pack of wolves. The fight would be over rather quickly.

Code:
17. Graphic, 3 TPE, The Lineup
Create an image that shows the starting lineup for your IIHF team, needs to include at least a head shot of 5 skaters and the goalie.

[Image: 3wqj8EI.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

GM Pass

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

Code:
La chris
Code:
14. Written, 50 to 200+ words.- The Procrastinator Special!
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 77! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

Looks like New England won season 77 challenge cup because of their grind and their effort throughout the season as they won their seventh challenge cup as a member of the shl. What I think Texas could of done differently in this series is to have better shot % because I'm noticing in every loss they take a lot more shots on goal but can't find the net and also a little better goaltending from Dionne but other than that that's all I gotta say. And the thing I like about this series that the games were close so if a few bounces went a few other ways we'd be looking at a new champion.
100+ words 2 tpe

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much do you expect them to change this time?

The WJC Czechia team is a team to watch this year with a bunch of players who will lead this team to victory of it all. I think Marian Hanak will have a good tournament with 7+ points and at least 40+ hits. I think teams I watch out for is team usa white, team ice, team world, and both team Canada's. I think this WJC season will be between one of the team Canada's, Czechia and team ICE for the medals, as last seasons results weren't all that surprising as I look forward to this IIHF and WJC season.
100+ words 2 tpe

9. Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Step Closer
After long last Minnesota managed to make their way to second round, but were not able to push further just yet. Since switching to FHM we have had multiple teams that have won the cup but there are still quite few teams that haven't been able to make it all the way. Baltimore, Calgary, Manhattan, Minnesota, Montreal, Tampa Bay and Toronto have not won the Challenge Cup during the FHM era, some have been close, but which one you think will be the next one to win and why do you pick them over the others?

I think Minnesota is gonna be the next team to win it because they just knocked off the curse of getting out the first round and based off a few teams that got rid of some first round curses I believe that they will see some championship success in the coming years. 
50+ words 1 tpe

[Image: avatar_6228.png?dateline=1722181476]

CW pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Total TPE: (8 out of 8)

1 – CW Trivia (3 TPE)
Verification word: Slurpe

9 – One Step Closer (2 TPE)
Looking at the above teams that have not been very successful in the FHM era so far, I believe that the Montreal Patriots will be the next successful team on this list. If you take a look at their current prospect list it is the best in the SHL, and these prospects are starting to break on to the SHL roster now and they will continue to get better as they train. This team has a solid foundation of offense, defense, and goal tending which is a recipe for success in the upcoming seasons. It will be exciting to see what the future has in store!
106 words

11 – One Step Closer to Retirement (2 TPE)
With this being my player’s first season in the SHL, I think that expectations were met, and it was important to get his feet wet in the SHL. Going from a championship contender with the Raptors in the SMJHL, then going to the rebuilding SHL Patriots was an adjustment for sure, however my player was able to make the best of the situation and perform at a great level for a rookie. In the next season, look for my player to continue to grow and achieve the 1k tpe mark, which will allow him to continue to take on more opportunities on the ice, in both the offensive and defensive zones.
111 words

12 – Old Reliable IIHF Analysis (1 TPE)
My predictions for this year’s IIHF tournament are that the United States of American will win the gold medal based on their defensive strengths, which will allow of them to limit the opposing team’s scoring, while allowing for the United States to stay in every single game. This will be an exciting team to watch!
55 words

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2024, 02:09 PM by MMFLEX. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia:
Flex

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]