Create Account

S77 All Star Week Due: Sunday, August 4th @ 11:59 PM PST

Welcome to All Star Week!

The maximum is 8 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 8.
The deadline is Sunday August 4th at 11:59pm PST.
Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.
This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only. If your player is S78 or S79, that's not you.
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

If you player is drafted to SHL, but still plays in SMJHL do the SMHJL milestones.

S77 MILESTONES for SHL players
S77 MILESTONES for SMJHL players

Writing Prompts

For all written prompts you will gain 1 TPE for every 50 words written up to a 200 words / 4 TPE from single prompt.
Include at least prompt number, wordcount and TPE gained to each of your answers

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag
2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?
3. Which are your three favorite Charity Auction items? Why those?
4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?
5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.
6. If you had to form RPG party with 4 of your team mates, who would you pick and which role would they play?
7. Which PT(s) should be changed, how and why?

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made or you expect to make the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. All Star Showdown
With the All-star rosters not officially unveiled yet, who do you think are some of not obvious picks that makes the cut and why? As reminder, teams get drafted from pool of players that has only 3 members from each SHL team and both teams need to have players at least from 7 different teams.

Code:
10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Most Decorated
Make a case for a player or user of your choice to win an award or multiple awards. Is it a clear case or do you think it would be a pretty close vote for the awards committee. Or is your case more out of left field and you hope that the awards team will see this in time to read the stats as they should be?

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Back to Back
Winning an award is not easy. To win two (or more) seasons in row is even more impressive. Which one of the back to back award wins you are most impressed with and why? Can be written about any award, including team and user awards. Below is the link to Portal where you can start looking for back to back winners.
Awards on Portal

Code:
12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Hall of My Own
The Hall of Fame is reserved for only the best, which means many are left outside. So now we need something for the rest of us, what would the other hall be called and how would people be selected for it? Would you let people be members of both Halls?

Code:
13. Written, 50 to 200+ words.
Team Spotlight series brought us some quality graphics and media, one of them being FuriousChicken’s series on draft numbers of each SHL team, highlighting seasons, rounds, positions and teams they made their picks from. All in all there is a lot of cool data to anyone who likes charts. Personally I was most interested to see where each team drafted their prospects. While most teams draft from almost anywhere there are clearly some teams that feed into certain SHL teams, as shown on the last graph of the linked article. Do you think the league is in a healthy place when it comes to pipelines for SHL players or should we aim for even more even spread among teams? Or maybe you would like to see even more players carrying on their careers with teammates from SMJHL?
FuriousChicken’s draft numbers #20

TPE scale reminder:
50-99 words, 1 TPE
100-149 words, 2 TPE
150-199 words, 3 TPE
200+ words, 4 TPE

Graphics and Podcasts

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE, Voter Influence
Create a flier that showcases your player and some stats that show why they were or should have been picked for the all-star game.

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE, It Is An Honor
Create an image showing player accepting an award, either from last season or one of stat based awards for this season. Must include at least the name of the award, name of the player and their render.

Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Bring Your Own Banner
Create either a league or a team Hall of Fame banner for a player you think should have one. Can use existing templates or give it your own creative touch.

Code:
17. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- SHL All-Star Game and Roster
- SMJHL All-Star Game and Roster
- Review of Trades and Free Agent signings from this offseason
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

THIS IS DUE SUNDAY, AUGUST 4TH AT 23:59 PST.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Gm pass

Gm pass

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

gm pass
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 04:00 AM by Muerto. Edited 2 times in total.)

LINK TO MILESTONES CLAIM  = 3 TPE

6. If you had to form RPG party with 4 of your team mates, who would you pick and which role would they play?

AT-AT would be the tank, dealing lots of damage but also able to take a lot of damage. Elvar Gil-Gelad would be the healer, saving our butts when things go awry. Marian Hanak would be the magic user, he's a wizard on the ice so his specialty would be devastating attacks. Thomas Hudson would be the bard, regaling us all with his tales and lifting our spirits! [67 words = 1 TPE]

11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Back to Back
Winning an award is not easy. To win two (or more) seasons in row is even more impressive. Which one of the back to back award wins you are most impressed with and why? Can be written about any award, including team and user awards.

I'm going to pat myself on my own back on this one! My last player, Grogu Mandosson, won 4 consecutive Jeff Dar Awards for best two-way forward. This happened from seasons 67, 68, 69, and 70 while he was playing for the Calgary Dragons. There are two main reasons why I would argue that this is impressive. Firstly, it is something that no other player has ever done. Andreas Kvalheim did win 4 Jeff Dars, but only 3 were consecutive. So to be the first player to accomplish that is a great feeling. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone has ever won a major award 4 consecutive times but I don't want to say it's definitely true because it might have happened and then I will look braggy! But the second reason is that Grogu's wins came as a unique player in terms of usually the Jeff Dar goes to someone with points and hits, but Grogu's specialty was takeaways. In fact at one point he held the record for most takeaways in a season but I think that has been surpassed recently. Only a few times was Grogu a top 10 scorer but he always produced well, but it was the defensive part of his game that really stood out and I am very proud of that! (217 words = +4 TPE)

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

ASW Pass

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

gm pass

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Cw pass

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

gm pass

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

ASW Pass

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 12:42 PM by spidey. Edited 5 times in total.)

MILESTONES

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3544676

+3 TPE

Prompt 5: Steal Lukes Money

Luke is clearly on another level, his dedication and drive are second to none.  He is clearly smart, and would know that others in this league would be coming for his money.  Some would think an elaborate plan like one of the Ocean's movies would be the best way to go.  Not a bad idea, but not my way of doing it.  Some would think perhaps brute force forcing him to give up his money, or befriending him and gaining some donations would work.  Both have their merits.

As for me I would do a little something like this.  I would be waiting at the bank for the start of the season.  I know Luke would be on his way there to get money for training, after all despite all modern convinces Luke is an old fashioned kind of guy and he likes handling real money.  After Luke withdrawals his 8 million for seasonal training and exits the bank I would yell "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT!"  While pointing in a different direction.  As Luke turns his head to look, I would kick him in the balls grab his money and go and hide. 

Once Luke recovers back to the bank he goes to grab more money.  All I need to do at this point is wash, rinse and repeat until all his money is mine.

227 words

+4 TPE

Prompt 6: RPG

I am choosing D&D for my RPG. Members would be:

Justin Time: A Dragonborn Cleric, the last line of defense for our team. He is one of the greats and a living legend like a Dragonborn.

Viktor Hargreeves: High Elf Wizard, clearly he can deal the most damage in the party with years of experience to become the best in the league.

Toasty: Dwarf Barbarian, he can give and take a hit better than almost anyone in the league. He also gained the ability to score this season so he can deal damage and not just tank for us.

Edzus Ozolins: Halfling Bard, Seany is fantastic in this role. At first glance he seems useless, but his endless entertainment with stories and songs boost the party. In battle Seany has become the ultimate support role on any line.

100+ words

+2 TPE

TOTAL TPE

+8 TPE

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 02:08 PM by mee. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3544681

+3 TPE
Writing Prompts

For all written prompts you will gain 1 TPE for every 50 words written up to a 200 words / 4 TPE from single prompt.
Include at least prompt number, wordcount and TPE gained to each of your answers

Code:
2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?
4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?
2) I have little to no doubt that Cale Salad will be the biggest star of the ASG. Cale is a total beast both as a person in the LR and as a player on the ice. Leading the league in points is not easy, 124 of them is an unreal season. Cale is a beast.
+1 TPE

5. Luke has far too much money. It isn't even really a heist. There is simply nothing to do with nearly a billion SHL dollars. Therefore, I slide right into the portal and hold up the banker. Works out that Luke is the banker. I demand a mesley 50 million SHL dollars. Luke laughs and says sure, that is literally a tissue to me.
+1 TPE

7. The mock draft is fun, but so stupid. The new top 10 thing is cute, but the whole thing is a waste of time. The J one is even stupider. Not sure what I'd change it to though. Additionally, there should be a different offseason PT, maybe something about IIHF related.
+ 1 TPE

Code:
13. Written, 50 to 200+ words.
Team Spotlight series brought us some quality graphics and media, one of them being FuriousChicken’s series on draft numbers of each SHL team, highlighting seasons, rounds, positions and teams they made their picks from. All in all there is a lot of cool data to anyone who likes charts. Personally I was most interested to see where each team drafted their prospects. While most teams draft from almost anywhere there are clearly some teams that feed into certain SHL teams, as shown on the last graph of the linked article. Do you think the league is in a healthy place when it comes to pipelines for SHL players or should we aim for even more even spread among teams? Or maybe you would like to see even more players carrying on their careers with teammates from SMJHL?
13. I find the "pipelines" to be a really cool thing. It exists in most sports, where teams tend to have connections with lower level teams and just seem to know that they are going to be good. Also eases the transition a bit to SHL from the Js for first gens as they know a lot of people in the new LR.
+1 TPE

TOTAL: 7 TPE

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

GM/HO pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: EnHtzQl.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 09:38 AM by Rabidsponge21. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3544686 - 3 TPE

Code:

2) The all star of the all star game will be the streamer and the viewers who attend. Of all the events I can think of where there is the least amount of stakes on hand for the SHL its easily the all star game being broadcast. People want the nod for their HoF resume but really in the end - dont care much about the event itself.

3) Easily the one where we can choose which charity we want to donate too, rather than always being forced into 1 specific type of charity every year we do this. Wait there isn't an option for that? Well there should be so we can all contribute in a way we are confident and comfortable with - lets include everyone in these events!

5) I would create a super alluring profile on a dating site to get Luke hooked. Have all of the things they look for in a partner to really think that this is the one worth dropping it all for them. Then as they are in the first date meet up - plant myself in the coffee shop with information stealing tech and pull the login information from lukes phone for his bank login and steal all the monies.

6)Puppy - the faithful pet companion that is there to retrieve all the dangerous items behind poison gas mines and the like because you can always cast resurrect when needed.

Thisseemsfishy - a campanion with max perception to find all the traps - its in the name!

Dankoa - The gandalf of the group - never there it seems at times - but always returning at the time when you most need them.

Roddy - The leader of the group to make all the hard choices so I dont have to.

7) Easily the split championship week tasks, these need to just be rolled back into one and stretched out for 2 weeks. I almost forgot to do this second round of tasks because its the split of these which is unlike any other sim league out there. Having to keep track of multiple formats really hurts us who lack the time and brain space to lay out all the different types.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

remove from checklist