Create Account

S77 All Star Week Due: Sunday, August 4th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 07:43 PM by r0tzbua. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.
Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

Milestones can be found here

3 TPE

Quote:One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

ISFL Affiliate, same user name

3 TPE

Quote:8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One

Tell me about your teammate who made or you expect to make the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

It would be heresy if either of the Lavoies from Maine would not make the ASG. On top of them dominating the Maine Timber they surely also dominated the league again this year. I will go with Ed since he ended the regular season as the points leader consistently producing goals and assists ending up in first place in both categories league wide. Sadly dropped off a little bit in the playoffs but sure is something that can carry over easily into the ASG. If Ed Lavoie will be used right I expect him to continue to play how he has played the whole season, generating a lot of chances and assists with some well balanced scoring.

117 words, 2 TPE

8 TPE total

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2024, 10:59 PM by Dash. Edited 5 times in total.)

Task 1. Milestones +3 TPE

Task 2. (WC 119) +2 TPE
This has to be one of the easiest prompts and i'm going to answer it with the most logical answers. Forward Viktor Hargreeves is my 1st choice and why shouldn't he be? He is one of the best forwards the league has seen the past few seasons. A model of consistency and talent and a sure fire all-star and overall draft pick in fantasy. But if there is a player that could rival Viktor Hargreeves for All Star MVP that certainly has to be Forward Cale Salad. What an incredible breakout season for the wildly veteran, who also had a great IIHF Championships so far. So why not Cale Salad? survey says Hargreeves but don't count out Cale Salad.

Task 4. (WC 208) +4 TPE
The Best players right now Fantasy wise that seem to be the least likely to be drafted are Defenseman Elena Maximova. Still trying to get back to that S74 form, regressed quite a bit the last 2 seasons but this past season she was back on the rise let's see how it shakes out and if someone will take a chance. Next up is Center Ekaterina Valieva. After season S73 Valieva was poised for stardom after having a dominant S74 and S75. Then they hit the wall, regressing at an extraordinary rate. The real question is why? TOI has dropped and on special teams too. change of scenery or a shuffle of the lines might be in order for Valieva but don't shy away from drafting them, that 40+ Goal 72 point season could be coming around once again. Last up is not a player rather a group and that is the New Orleans Spectors Goaltending platoon of Bernard Lodge and Jon St. Ark. Believe it or not they were better fantasy wise than some of the top TPE earners in the league (Tampa Bay and Winnipeg) despite having a 400+ TPE difference. Take a swing at these guys! New Orleans are due for a breakout season.

9/8 Total TPE

[Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes/Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

GM Pass  Falcons Falcons Falcons

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:

GM Pass

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

GM Pass

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

SHL Milestones Claim +1 

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag
2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?
3. Which are your three favorite Charity Auction items? Why those?
5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.
2. If I had to pick a star of the all-star game for S77, it would have to be the likely MVP of the regular season which would be Philly's Cale Salad. Cale Salad had a remarkable season leading the league in points with 124 points in 66 games. Since they led the league in points, surely that means they will be the best player in the all-star game right? That is my case on why they will be the best player for the S77 all-star game amongst all the other stars in the game. The previous two seasons prior, Cale had 93 and 96 points respectively, so this passed season they exploded for 124 points and will look to carry that momentum into the all-star game. 

(126 words) +2

3. My three favourite charity auction items for this season's charity drive would have to be Shiamus' KPop Care Package, as a fellow k-pop fan this would probably be my top item that I would bid on (however I don't really collect k-pop items, but I know a lot of k-pop fans do, so good luck to whoever wins and I hope Shiamus is able to include your favourite idols/groups in the care package). My second fave charity item would be a Custom Emoji by Jove. Ever since jove joined the league, he has been killing with graphics and I am fortunate to share discord servers where I got to see him create various emotes. Whoever wins this item, will get a fire emote done by jove. Lastly, my 3rd fave charity item would be a Rich & Luke Podcast Guest Spot. It has been a running joke that Troy McClure has been trying to be a guest on the podcast and keeps getting denied by Rich and Luke, so to see him potentially pay to earn a spot on the podcast is very amusing and I can't wait to see what sort of antics Troy gets up to while being on the podcast (please let Troy win this guest spot on the podcast).

(214 words) +4

5. If I were to hypothetically steal off of Luke's SHL money, it would be done by a third party and that third party would have to be the portal overlord himself @downer. I would hack into downer's discord account and DM Luke on his account saying, "I need you to transfer all of your SHL money into JamesT's bank account, don't ask any questions just trust me bro". Surely Luke won't have any suspisciion and proceed with this. This masterplan will work 100% and then I will be the richest person in all of the SHL. 

(96 words) +2

Total: 8/8 TPE (did 9 TPE from all the tasks, but can only earn max 8)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: aRCIyeu.png]
[Image: kILVP74.png] [Image: vokU6Ra.png] [Image: eP8F2Ne.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Dev pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

GM Pass

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE: 3 tpe: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3545206

2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest? (1 tpe 50+ words)

I think Cale Salad will be the star of the All-star game. I think they will be better than the rest because Cale Salad ended up having the most points in the league right from the start of the season and dominated the leaderboards in terms of points and usually points get you a lot of recognition in the SHL

10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Most Decorated (4 tpe 200+ words)
Make a case for a player or user of your choice to win an award or multiple awards. Is it a clear case or do you think it would be a pretty close vote for the awards committee. Or is your case more out of left field and you hope that the awards team will see this in time to read the stats as they should be?

At the end of the day I feel like Hodor should be in the conversation for the most valuable player this season (the Ron Meixco Trophy) and should definitely be the front runner for the defensive defenseman of the year away (the Bojo Biscut torphy). Pretty much here is my reasoning for him to be in talks for both of the awards is that for a long time, he has really shined in the defensive zone categories, but he has been held back on being thrown into the most valuable player convo because he was just all defense. This season Hordor led the entire league in shots blocked on a team that was actually very good in the western conference, and hit a career points high while doing it. I think a lot of the time you see defensive D shot block numbers inflated due to being on a team that is garbage at possession, but I think it's incredibly impressive to lead the league in blocks on a team that was not only great during regular season, but good enough to take it all the way to a game seven final. You look at the other top teams in the league, there is nobody even remotely close to that level of defensive contribution.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

gm pass

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

UsaUsaMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

Gm pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

offseason pass

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3545263

One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE, WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

ISFL Affiliate

3. Which are your three favorite Charity Auction items? Why those?

So first things first I gotta say that there are a lot of good items up for auction and I'm glad to see people bidding. For me the first one I think is really interesting is a custom Pack of Pokemon cards from Lore, while I'm not as into Pokemon any more it was a huge part of my childhood and it would be cool to have a custom pack of my old favorites. Another is a KPop care package from Shiamus, I'm not too sure what that includes and I'm not really a KPop fan but there are a few songs from a couple of groups that I like and the care package sounds cool. Lastly is the sig from Sulo, Sulo's sig are really good and I think it's a great item to auction off.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Milestones +2

8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made or you expect to make the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

Seattle Argonauts has a lot of good candidates to attend the All-Star match of the season 77. The most obvious one is rookie of the year, right winger Will Tomlander. He scored amazingly 34 goals in 66 goals. He had also impressive 44 apples or I mean assists. Those numbers are world-class stats for a player who played his first professional season in the toughest simulation ice-hockey league in the world. Of course Will still has a room for improvement because his plus-minus was -23 but that stat is more about the level of the team than the level of the individual. It is tough to get a good plus-minus in a team which fails to make playoffs. Another optiion from Seattle could be Shadow Fenix who had only two points less than Tomlander. Fenix led the first line as a center and scored 35 goals plus 41 assists. His shooting percentage was excelletn 21,3%. He really is a talented shooter in my opinion and he found some good chemistry with mr. Tomlander. Fenix scored 20 of his goals on even strength. 12 goals was scored on the power play and impressive three goals on short-handed. Fenix also had one short-handed assist. So yeah, those two guys are clear options to attend AG game.

Words: 200+

9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. All Star Showdown
With the All-star rosters not officially unveiled yet, who do you think are some of not obvious picks that makes the cut and why? As reminder, teams get drafted from pool of players that has only 3 members from each SHL team and both teams need to have players at least from 7 different teams.

Wendolene Ramsbottom is a name many don't think about when thinking about rosters for the All-Star game. Ramsbottom had only 19 points in 66 games but he is a defensive defenceman who enjoys to play against best players of the opponent. He blocked 308 shots which was probably most in the league. He has been a steady and solid defender for the Seattle Argonauts many many many years before and still does his job perfectly. He would be a crucial part of the All-Star rosters who need some short-handed guys because defence wins championships and winning an All-Star game is a huge achievement for the CV's of all players.

Words: 109

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2024, 06:07 AM by OrbitingDeath. Edited 2 times in total.)

Milestones - 3 tpe

Affiliate - 3 tpe

Task 15 - It's an honor - 3 tpe
[Image: uim1Crq.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)