S77 All Star Week Due: Sunday, August 4th @ 11:59 PM PST

get off my checklist

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

GM pass

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Off-Season Pass
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2024, 02:33 AM by Katth. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones - 2 TPE
Link

2. Shiny Grab Bag - 4 TPE
Rikkert Biemans will be the star of the all star game. Not the star on the ice, but the star of absence. Yeah, that is right. He was not even selected to go to the all star game, can you believe that? It is a damn shame that Rikkert Biemans is not allowed to attend the all star game as a player sadly. I do not think he will be even watching it from his vacation home on the television. He is going to completely ignore it all together and just play video games with his friends and family. Fire up that grill and take the boat for a spin on the lake and perhaps do some fishing. Who even cares about the all star game anyway? It is just a circle jerk anyway for the elite of the league and I guess I am just not elite enough to be a part of it. I do wish my team mates that are selected a lot of fun though. I have been there before and it is a great time to be a hockey player. All the fans and all the media that is there. It is a really fun experience.

5. Shiny Grab Bag - 2 TPE
The plan to steal Luke's money is to hire a bunch of hackers and just take down the SHL website and transfer all his funds to the other users. So I will be like the new SHL Robin Hood or something like that. I will be a hero because I took Luke's money and divided it amongst those that have a little less to spare. Perhaps another idea is to just start introducing a Luke tax. That he has to forfeit 50% of his funds every season to be divided amongst the new creates that join the site during the SMJHL draft.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2024, 03:33 AM by NUCK. Edited 3 times in total.)

Milestones 3 TPE

5. The heist is about to go down and boy oh boy is it ever a duzuie! The target is the rich and famous Mr money bags himself, Luke. They have so much money that they shouldn't be able to gain anymore until half is spent but that's neither here or there. What does matter though is who will be the main beneficiary of the so called cold hard cash and that individual will be me, Will Nuck! The plan is simple but the execution will be very tricky. Firstly we will have to convince Luke to make a interact deposit of at least $10,000 towards our shadow organization called Dollars for Darlings. It's a shame raffle that claims to be put in place to help wife's and husband's of under privileged hockey players be able to afford tickets to some of the bigger games that usaly feature a sellout crowd and higher ticket prices. Once we play the heartstrings of Luke and convince them it's a worthy cause. We digitally accept the initial $10,000 purchase of raffle tickets, that's when we tell them that there was some mistake with their initial purchase and we are able to get them to open up TeamViewer for our IT department to plant a bug on Luke's end that will siphon their entire bank account once Luke loggs off for the night.

Words 220+ 4 tpe

7. The PT I would like to see changed most would easily be Champions Week and the All Star Week. Both are great but redundant! I would much rather go back to the old CW where we had 2 weeks ( I think ) and a possible 20 TPE. It was nice to have the extra time and ability to spread out the task.

Words 60, 1 TPE

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones

3 TPE

3. Which are your three favorite Charity Auction items? Why those?

This is the first Charity Drive that has happened since I've been involved with the SHL and I'm so impressed by the dedication, passion and efforts from everyone involved! Everyone from our league, as well as the other leagues involved, should be very proud of themselves.
With that being said, there are so many great items in the auction that it's hard to just pick three. I  could very easily pick just three of the amazing things that Jess has up, but that would he overlooking the other terrific choices. So, in no particular order:

1. All of Jess's Auction Items
I'm just going to lump all of these under one banner because there are so many cool things to bid on. When I first started perusing the auction section, it took me a minute to realise that all of the ones that I kept clicking on to look at were all by Jess. I didn't even know what an amigurumi was until the other day but now I'm fascinated by them. I haven't gone through every item, but it currently sits at $100 which would have me believe it has to be one of, if not the highest bid for an item right now. That's not to mention the "ugliest blanket imaginable", "shrine to your SHL player", or "merchandise design" that she has up to offer.
To be completely, her dedication to the effort has inspired me. I don't have anything up for auction, but I really feel like I want to learn how to crochet or just anything so that I can do something for the next charity drive and help in a way other than just donating (which is also helpful so get out there and donate, people!!!)

2. Song Cover by Shiamus
I'm a huge music nerd, so that someone is offering to do a song cover is super cool to me. I don't know Shiamus, or if they've done something like this before, so I have no idea what to expect in what kind of cover it will be. A Weird Al-esque parody song? An acoustic ballad? Looking at the other things that Shiamus is auctioning, it feels likely that it could very well be a KPop cover. Depending on the song, this could be very good or very bad but at the very least it will be super interesting and I hope I get a chance to hear it when it's finished!

3. Poem By Reno's Friend Who Had Foot Surgery
It might not be my favourite, but every time I see it in the auction the more I wonder about it. Was Reno's friend already a poet? Did having foot surgery give them poetic superpowers and now they must write? Haiku? Limerick? Def Poetry Jam? If they aren't familiar with the SHL, how will their poetry translate to the topic that they're given. The more I think about it, the more intrigued I am!

Code:
Word count: 510

4 TPE

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Hall of My Own

From the Hall of Fame to the Hall of Oates. It's quite simple really. On the same night, after the induction ceremony for the Hall of Fame, all players who would like a chance to join the "other" hall gather together for a night of karaoke. One catch. Only Hall and Oates songs! Winners will be chosen by a Clap-o-meter and advance to, what else, a playoff! Competitiors will advance until there's only two left. Who will fulfill their destiny and be Hall? Who will fail and be forever known as Oates (at least until next season)? (bonus points will definitely be awarded to participants who decide to dress up)

[Image: rs-193487-541322741.jpg?w=1581&h=1054&crop=1]

Code:
Word count: 114

2 TPE

TOTAL TPE EARNED: 8  (9 TOTAL)

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 09:15 AM by Urq660. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones

SMJHL Milestones - 3 TPE

Affiliate PT
ISFL Affiliate - 3 TPE

[Image: A3AlstA.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2024, 04:04 PM by soulja. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. SMJHL milestone--> 3 tpe

2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?

I believe that Cale Salad will be the star of the All-Star game. He does indeed have very tough competition with Viktor Hargreeves who was close to him in terms of points but the edge still goes to Cale Salad. The reason is because Cale Salad is easily the better defensive player. Even his name is enough to convince a person, that he is there to defend against everything. Cale salad is a super food and it helps with your immune system. So you can only imagine how this man plays on the ice when he has a name like that. During their regular season, Cale posted an impressive 55 shot blocks. This shows that he is not afraid to put his body where others are afraid of putting their sticks. Another impressive thing about Cale Salad were his in game ratings. The man posted an overall game rating higher than 80 for the whole season. He is simply an all star everywhere and this is why he will be better than the rest.

170 words-->3 tpe

3. If you had to form RPG party with 4 of your team mates, who would you pick and which role would they play?

Tomas Suchanek--> As a goalie in SHL, he will perfectly fit the role of a tank. He will be the teams armor and shield and protect then using his defense
Gwendolyn Telenn-->Just like in league of legends, Gwen will be the melee attacker who uses ability power to cause chaos for opponents
Literally Wizard--> His name says it all. He will be the ranged attacker for the team causing destruction using his magic powers.
Jim Wieners--> He is one of the most important person in the group. He is the healer, providing support to all his teammates. Without him, we fail.

105 words--> 2tpe

Total: 8 tpe

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

SMJHL Intern Pass

Trevor "The Tijuana Tornado" Lopez

[Image: mkzrdyk.png]

Code:

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

+3TPE

Code:

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE, Voter Influence
Create a flier that showcases your player and some stats that show why they were or should have been picked for the all-star game.

[Image: k7PUbRu.png]

+3TPE

Code:

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE, It Is An Honor
Create an image showing player accepting an award, either from last season or one of stat based awards for this season. Must include at least the name of the award, name of the player and their render.

[Image: 3lBIIWW.png]

+3TPE

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Milestones
Post here
3/3 TPE

11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Back to Back
Winning an award is not easy. To win two (or more) seasons in row is even more impressive. Which one of the back to back award wins you are most impressed with and why? Can be written about any award, including team and user awards. Below is the link to Portal where you can start looking for back to back winners.

While perhaps not a back to back win per se I think it is impressive the transition of Justin Time over the last few seasons. He has been nominated 5 seasons in a row between 2 different teams. For a position like goal tending which in inevitably linked to the performance of the team in front of you I think that is impressive that Justin Time has been continues to be one of the top ranked goalies in the league. Now I will throw a mega asterisk that he did get traded between 2 highly competitive teams going from the Edmonton Blizzard over the the San Francisco Pride. Both teams competing for the top prize in that 5 season window and likely to continue to push for it again this season. Never the less I think it a worth while accomplishment in the world goal tending and it should be applauded.

3/3 TPE

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Hall of My Own
The Hall of Fame is reserved for only the best, which means many are left outside. So now we need something for the rest of us, what would the other hall be called and how would people be selected for it? Would you let people be members of both Halls?

We are getting a hall of fame for us regular Joes? Well gee golly that sounds swell!

I think kind of similar to how many NHL teams have started giving accolades to outstanding players within the organization. The Vancouver Canucks "Ring of Honour" is a great way of thanking and recognizing important players to the teams franchise without going that all elusive step of retiring their number is a great way to recognize those that might not quite be fit for league hall of fame territory but still had an important impact on their team and the franchise when it was needed. You could still keep multiple categories like builders, players, staffers etc.

2/2TPE

Total 8/8 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

ASW pass

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2024, 05:30 PM by leviadan. Edited 1 time in total.)

1) Milestones claim!

11) I know this is IIHF so maybe not totally in the spirit of the All Star Week, but I want to talk about it anyone because it's pretty cool! Team Norden at the WJC not only weny back to back, but back to back to back in WJC gold medals! This season they're attempting to add another back to the mix. A fourth back? Anyway point being it's an exceptionally well put together team that's been coached to perfection. I'm lucky enough to have been a part of it for two seasons in a row, funnily enough I didn't make the cut three seasons back and ended up losing to them in the finals as a part of Team ICE. So with the unique perspective of having lost to them in the gold medal game and then won two gold medals with them, I can say they really are a complete team. Finland, Sweden, and Norway have some amazing talent coming up through the ranks that unfortunately will be split up into their respective federations when they're old enough for the World Championships. These countries are ones to watch out for in the coming years as you can expect that huge swell of talent will have some amazing battles on the world stage in the coming seasons. I personally cannot wait to start playing for Finland. It's going to be an exciting time! (233)

13) I definitely do not have the data, but my general vibe check on the SMJHL to SHL pipeline is that it's pretty healthy overall. I know there used to be reputations for some places, like Detroit feeding Texas and St. Louis feeding NOLA-- but ultimately I don't even know if those reputations were particularly warranted haha. It was just sort of a fun thing to joke about in Texas that we often took a Falcon, but we also had tons of Knights and Scarecrows and Raptors... so it's hard to say. There's definitely a handful of folks that want to play in the same place over and over and kinda force their hand on the issue, but I think most users are just happy to play where they have fun. Myself included! (132)

TPE Earned 8/8

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=66ec5e74&is=66eb0cf4&hm=61...8d73302d2&]

SMJHL Milestones +3

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE, Voter Influence
Create a flier that showcases your player and some stats that show why they were or should have been picked for the all-star game.

[Image: New-Project-4.png]

Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Bring Your Own Banner
Create either a league or a team Hall of Fame banner for a player you think should have one. Can use existing templates or give it your own
creative touch.

[Image: New-Project-5.png]
yes..... I choose my own player and what about it?

remove from checklist