CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Simmer ASW Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Milestones, +3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3546526

[Image: UufQtZ0.png]
sig credits to @Nokazoa
[Image: wkhxpJS.png]

1. Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3546514

3 tpe

4. When picking a player for fantasy, you don't only pick the "best" player by tpe. There is too much other things to also consider before making your pick. The team the player play for is important too as his role on the team will affect his performance. A good player on a bad team is not always the best pick, as a depth player on a really good team. Some like James Ward-Prowse would fit there.
(77 words = 1 tpe)

11. I think the award that is the most impressive to win twice in a row, would be the Anton Razov, known for the Playoffs MVP.
I've looked and it seems nobody won it two time in a row, so it would be amazing to see it happen. A couple of player won it twice, but never back-to-back.
To win it, you have to be the best player of your team, and also being on the team that reach the final. So to reach the final twice in a row is a massive team accomplishment that we've seen recently with Winnipeg. Being on that great teams and still be the one that lead it to victory would be the greatest thing to me.
(120 words = 2 tpe)

12. We can call it : The Hall of the Great/Good
That way it can be a tier lower than the Hall of Fame. With more than 75 season played, a lot of players didn't make the cut even if they had some great seasons and a good career overall. It should not be a problem to find enough people. I don't think it should be a good idea to bring people in both group. It should one or the other. The Hall of Fame should come first and after that another group who select people to get in the other one. I still don't agree with having another Hall.
(110 words = 2 tpe)

Should be a total of 8 tpe thank you.

GM Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S77 SMJHL Milestones - 2 TPE

Code:
2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?

Since the All-Star game is usually a scoring fest, I think that the probability of the star of the game being a forward are near 100%. Looking at what happened during the last season, I think the star of the game trophy will be played between Cale Salad and Viktor Hargreeves which are the two players who ended in the top 2 for most goals and most points. I think these two players have shown all season that they are above the rest of the league, and I expect this to translate into their All-Star game performance. The fact that they will both have teammates they can play with during the game should also help them.

116 words - 2 TPE

Code:
4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?

There is a type of player that seems to struggle more the other type of player to tally fantasy points and this type of player are defensemen who mostly focus on defense or defensemen who have a really good all-around, because these defensemen usually don’t tally a lot of goals and points which hurt their fantasy score and a lot of them are also solid defensively without being physical which is not something that is rewarded with points in our current fantasy system, but I also don’t see a way in which you can account for that. Sydney Shaw from the Pride fits as this kind of player, and I would probably not select them with a fantasy pick.

119 words - 2 TPE

Code:
5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.

The best way to get a significant part of his money is to scam him. The scam would have to be quick to be effective. My strategy would be to make him believe that he is still eligible for his season training and hope that he had forgotten that he had already done it for the current season. Since he is rich, I expect he is rich, I expect him to spend as much money as he can on his training, and I should be able to make it out with tens of millions. All I would need to do is find a way to make the training button reappear on his portal.

113 words - 2 TPE

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 09:13 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE - Milestones

Code:
3. Which are your three favorite Charity Auction items? Why those?

All the charity auctions are pretty sweet because you know, they help charity. But if I had to pick three favorites I'd probably go with the daily Nash pictures for a week, the custom tabletop mini by Faelax, and the poem by Reno's friend who had foot surgery. Why these three? Well, I think everyone could use a little Nash (and generally other adorable doggos and other animals) in their lives. That dog is dang cute. Also the custom tabletop mini just sounds awesome. I always debate about painting some game board minis that I have around the house but I'm worried about botching it and basically ruining them, so why not let someone with more expertise paint one instead. Or maybe botch it themselves, but that'd be on flex not me so it's ok. And finally I'm just really curious about what Reno's friend who had foot surgery has to say. Are they going to write about their foot? Or are they going to write a poem about something completely different. Maybe it'll get super deep and philosophical, or maybe it'll be about a cheeseburger they just recently ate. No one will know until they win the auction and have the likely masterpiece delivered to them.

Code:
6. If you had to form RPG party with 4 of your team mates, who would you pick and which role would they play?

It will probably shock no one to know that my RPG party of 4 will include Mia Lavoie, Edouard Lavoie (@Amidships), JJ Frankie JJ (@r0tzbua), and Shotty McStopper (@Tonzy). Mia Lavoie would undoubtedly play the role of a ranger. Not only is it my favorite RPG role generally, but her sniper abilities on the ice would probably translate pretty well. Edouard Lavoie would probably play a more traditional fighter role, bursting in there and tearing things up with a good old fashioned sword and board. I could see JJ Frankie JJ coming in as a rough and tough barbarian, who looks super scary and intimidating and can be if he wants to be, but also has a sneaky soft squishy inside. Shotty McStopper would probably be some kind of wild mage druid. Goalies are weird, so it just fits. But it's ok because we love him and druids usually come with some pretty helpful healy-type powers.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

LINK TO MILESTONES FOR 2 TPE

PROMPT 12:

This hall of fame that is for the rest of us would be called HALL OF REST. This hall of rest would have the accronym of HOR. While most players would dream of reaching the hall of fame, they would still be happy with the Hall of Rest. The Halll of Rest would be compose of plenty of good - not great - players who were impactful but were missing the little huff to make it to the hall of fame. The criteria to make it would be a bit different. First, your eligibility for the hall of fame will need to be closed so we don't risk having a player in both halls. Making it would be a subject to vote from the other players. Second, we would need to make sure people don't just vote to get their friends in. One way to do this would be to hide the name and only presents the stats of the player and awards. Sure, we could probably figure out who is who, but I need to think of a better idea. Third, players that have gotten at least a vote to get in the HOF but didnt make that one would get a bonus chance of making it to the HOR.

209 words - 4 TPE

PROMPT 5

To steal Luke's money it would be pretty simple. First, I would start join the SHL as a waiver wire, try to be a good presence in the LR. Then, get a job as PT grader and scout for my J team. Then, try to make a good impression to GMs across the league to make sure Luke's notices  me, I would then get drafted by Luke's team. Then, gain his trust to make it to the war room. Once there, we would talk more and more. I would submit portal suggestions to gain even more his trust. Once we start becoming friend, I would hack his account and transfer all the money to my account. Oh wait, only this last step is left...

124 words - 2 TPE

8 TOTAL TPE
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 11:48 PM by kenvald. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

3 milestones
+3 TPE

Quote:4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?
Without being able to say exactly who's who among these players eligible for fantasy. The players you shouldn't pick sit in two major categories:

1) Forwards on bad teams
2) Defensemen on good teams

Why is this?
Well, fantasy is all about how good a player is at their position. Hence the point system is weighted to give players more points when they perform primary actions to their position. And less points when performing actions secondary to their position. In the example of forward, their primary actions are all around offense and scoring. While defensive actions such as hits and blocking shots still give points, but not nearly as many. With this in mind it's also vice versa for defensemen, unsurprisingly.

With this in mind it becomes mostly self-explanatory why you wouldn't want to draft any player in the two above groups. A forward who doesn't have the team around them to score, won't give you very many primary action points. But depending on the build could be serviceable defensively, if there were more than six leagues in each fantasy league. And a defenseman who gets few chances to make defensive actions such as blocking shots, won't do much good either in the end. At least not compared to their opposites´.

211 words, 4 TPE

Quote:5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.

Over the years in SHL I've become close to Luke, especially after he took over New England after me and them coached me and the rest of the team to a championship. But also through some of the dev work I did for the community a while back. So how I steal all his money is add an invisible little bug in the new bank portal code to skim a cent of his wealth for every transaction made. Sooner or later it'll all be mine!

85 words, 1 TPE

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

The maximum is 8 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 8.
The deadline is Sunday August 4th at 11:59pm PST.

Code:

+2 TPE From Milestones

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. All Star Showdown
With the All-star rosters not officially unveiled yet, who do you think are some of not obvious picks that makes the cut and why? As reminder, teams get drafted from pool of players that has only 3 members from each SHL team and both teams need to have players at least from 7 different teams.
The East, statistically, seems to have been the Battle of Two-Hundred Feet. While this season's top point scorer hails from Philly, most of the Top 10 hails from the West. Similar trends exist when measuring defensive stats.
Out of the East, my hot take pick is probably Tommy Koivu, LD-HAM. He had a pretty good two-way stat line, with 117 shots blocked, 85 hits, and 71 takeaways while still pulling in 41 points. Hamilton doesn't currently have a lot of offensive firepower to offer the All-Star roster, so I think picking him makes a lot of sense.
By comparison, the West seems to have been high-flying goal scorers against high-intensity defenses. Player stat lines seem to be lop-sided, with few forwards contributing significantly defensively and few defenders posting big points.
Despite the differences, I'll stick with highlighting defenders: Nevek Kove, LD-MIN, had 279 shots blocked, 78 hits, 52 takeaways, and only 8 giveaways with 45 points. Minnesota made a lot more noise this season than most people may have expected going in, so it stands to reason that they'll get a little more recognition from the All-Star Committee. (188 Words, +3 TPE)

Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Bring Your Own Banner
Create either a league or a team Hall of Fame banner for a player you think should have one. Can use existing templates or give it your own creative touch.

Shiny Shuckle was, at the time of his retirement, the 3rd best statistical goaltender for Colorado in the FHM era.
[Image: 3qOnMlH.png]

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

1. Milestones 3 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3546652

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 03:38 AM by Ferda. Edited 2 times in total.)

milestones

Quote:10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Most Decorated
Make a case for a player or user of your choice to win an award or multiple awards. Is it a clear case or do you think it would be a pretty close vote for the awards committee. Or is your case more out of left field and you hope that the awards team will see this in time to read the stats as they should be?

When it comes to dedication to the Simulation Hockey League (SHL), no one embodies the spirit of commitment more than Kalakar, known as the best simmer in the league's history. The Damian Littleton Trophy, awarded to the player most dedicated to the league, should rightfully go to @Kalakar for his unparalleled contributions to the SHL. Kalakar's role as a simmer has been instrumental in maintaining the league’s heartbeat. He has been the backbone of many seasons, ensuring that simulations run smoothly and on time. The consistency and reliability he brings to the table cannot be overstated. His work allows players to enjoy a seamless experience, knowing that the behind-the-scenes operations are in the hands of someone who truly cares about the league’s success. Beyond his technical role, Kalakar has been a beacon of support and positivity within the community. He actively engages with league members, offering assistance and fostering a welcoming environment. His contributions go far beyond just running simulations; he has been a mentor, a guide, and a friend to many within the SHL. His commitment to helping others understand the intricacies of the game and improve their own experiences is a testament to his dedication. One of Kalakar’s standout qualities is his innovative approach to his role. He continually looks for ways to improve the simulation process, bringing new ideas and methods to enhance the overall experience for everyone involved. This forward-thinking mindset has kept the league fresh and exciting, ensuring that the SHL remains at the cutting edge of sports simulations. Kalakar's dedication also shines through in his tireless work ethic. He often goes above and beyond, putting in extra hours to make sure everything runs smoothly. Whether it’s dealing with unexpected issues or simply ensuring that every detail is perfect, his commitment is unwavering. This level of dedication is rare and deserves to be recognized at the highest level. The case for Kalakar to win the Damian Littleton Trophy is both clear and compelling. His role as a simmer is vital to the league’s operation, and his contributions have made a lasting impact on the SHL community. While there are many dedicated individuals in the league, Kalakar’s unique position and exceptional dedication make him the perfect recipient of this award. It’s time the awards committee acknowledges his invaluable efforts and awards him the Damian Littleton Trophy for his unmatched dedication to the SHL.

Quote:12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Hall of My Own
The Hall of Fame is reserved for only the best, which means many are left outside. So now we need something for the rest of us, what would the other hall be called and how would people be selected for it? Would you let people be members of both Halls?

In the Simulation Hockey League (SHL), the Hall of Fame is reserved for the elite, but there’s room for recognition beyond just the best of the best. Enter the "Hall of Very Good," a place to celebrate the contributions of players, staff, and community members who may not have the stats or accolades for the Hall of Fame but have made a significant impact on the league. Selection for the Hall of Very Good would be based on a combination of dedication, community involvement, and overall contribution to the league’s success. Nominees could include long-serving players with consistent performance, active community members who foster a positive environment, and staff who go above and beyond in their roles. People could indeed be members of both the Hall of Fame and the Hall of Very Good. The Hall of Fame would continue to celebrate outstanding athletic achievements and career stats, while the Hall of Very Good would recognize the heart and soul of the SHL—the people who keep it thriving through their passion and commitment. By establishing the Hall of Very Good, the SHL would ensure that everyone who plays a vital role in the league, whether on the ice or behind the scenes, gets the recognition they deserve. This inclusive approach would celebrate the diverse contributions that make the SHL a vibrant and welcoming community.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Code:

Claim 3

Code:
2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?
Cale Salad of the Philadelphia Forge is going to be the star of the All-Star game. This guy spent the whole season demolishing every single team in the league every night of the week. Now on the big stage with the top talent of the East setting him up he is going to go completely off.
(56 words / 1 TPE)

Code:
4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?
The best players you should not pick in fantasy are anyone on the Philadelphia Forge. All I want is an all Forge All-Star fantasy roster and I have never got close to getting there. Stop stealing all my buds. There are plenty of good players on other teams; give them a shot and let my achieve my dreams.
(58 words / 1 TPE)

Code:
5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.
The amount of wealth that Luke has stored can not be stolen through a mere heist. He has amassed a pile of virtual cash so large that the only way it could morally be taken and redistributed is through a complete cyber revolution. First, we digitally arm the users and use them to pester Luke with tiny problems throughout the site to keep him distracted. Every user needs to join the revolution because Luke will not be able to ignore the laundry list of problems. From there, we get Teddy to open up the bank account and drop a few million into every user’s bank account before Luke even knows what happens.
(112 words / 2 TPE)

Code:
7. Which PT(s) should be changed, how and why?
The mock draft PTs should be changed because I both suck at them and miss out on the last minute news breaks that help everyone else. Give everyone the chance to just take the GM average. It still gives people the option of rolling the dice and hitting it big and gives everyone else a way to stay somewhat close.
(60 words / 1 TPE)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

1: Milestones - 3 TPE

9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. All Star Showdown

With the All-star rosters not officially unveiled yet, who do you think are some of not obvious picks that makes the cut and why? As reminder, teams get drafted from pool of players that has only 3 members from each SHL team and both teams need to have players at least from 7 different teams.

The Furious Chicken obviously needs to make it, there has been no other player all season who has had as many penalty in minutes, and that without even fighting anybody, showing how he is the perfect person to sit on the penalty bench for the majority of the all-star game, and that bench needs some attention as well. – 58 words

1 TPE

13. Written, 50 to 200+ words.

Team Spotlight series brought us some quality graphics and media, one of them being FuriousChicken’s series on draft numbers of each SHL team, highlighting seasons, rounds, positions and teams they made their picks from. All in all there is a lot of cool data to anyone who likes charts. Personally I was most interested to see where each team drafted their prospects. While most teams draft from almost anywhere there are clearly some teams that feed into certain SHL teams, as shown on the last graph of the linked article. Do you think the league is in a healthy place when it comes to pipelines for SHL players or should we aim for even more even spread among teams? Or maybe you would like to see even more players carrying on their careers with teammates from SMJHL?

Oh hey, this is my article chain. I think it is in quite an interesting spot, as I did expect more big grouping of teams going from certain SJHML to certain SHL teams (no specifics, just in general), however while a lot of teams are really diverse in their SJHML teams where their prospects come from, there are others that do have quite some big groups, the biggest examples of these are probably St. Louis Scarecrows seeing 12 players go to the Minnesota Monarchs, 7 to the New Orleans Specters, while also seeing 8 going to the Hamilton Steelhawks, showing that the St. Louis Scarecrows is one of the SJHML teams that generally sees blocks of players joining other teams. You also see some other blocks forming (for example the 8 Anchorage Armada going to the Philadelphia Forge, or the also 8 Vancouver Whalers going to the Hamilton Steelhawks). I think the league is in quite a healthy position for both players who like the SJHML teams being divided when going into the SHL, and also the players who enjoy being with the same players as they were in their SJHML career. Also this chart does not include really early trades (for example my own player only playing half a season for their SHL team.

215 words – 4 TPE

Total: 8 TPE

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]