Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Written Option 1: Players on your team agree to have a get-together during the offseason. Innocent argument over what to eat during the meet developes into a cook off, each player will be cooking a meal while rest will grade it, but only the best cooks stands as a champion.

Preparation time is short, rules are vague and competition is going to be tought as professional athletes often like to win. How will your player tackle the task? Do they have secret family recipe to go for? Can they cook at all or is their only way to win through sabotage and voter influence? Or maybe they are excellent cook to begin with? What they will cook? How it goes? And ultimately who will be the champion?

Written Option 2: Many players teased with the championship during their career. For some it can be good regular season and good playoffs seeding, maybe you even won the series or made it all the way to the finals. Those who are most lucky actually get to taste the championship, but there is always the next season. You know you are getting close (or already got there) and the expectation is that you’ll keep improving until you win it all. But then there is a setback.

What has been the worst drop from the top your player has experienced? When did the we got this turn into it’s so over? And how did they get back on the long road to winning? Where they find the mental strenght to keep pushing after a devastating loss? Do they need help of their teammates or are they the one helping? How it makes them stronger together and helps them reach for the top again?

Graphic Option: Create an image that shows your players excellent taste for something (for example food, clothing, antique cars or whatever they like.)

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, August 11th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Graphics need to be viewable when PT is graded or you will not receive TPE. Discord only hosts images for very limited time.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S79 this is not for you.

PT credit: puolivalmiste

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Option 2

It would have a better story for my previous player, but with the current one I could stay it all started at the top. When I got traded to Winnipeg, we made it to the SHL finals in my first season. I was only the backup goalie then, but it doesn't get much better than going straight to the finals. Unfortunately, we lost. Winnipeg has a bad record when it comes to making the finals somehow, and after that, it has only really gone downhill. It's not like we're a bad team right now and it's not even a complete rebuild either, but we're not in a position to compete and it's difficult to deal with for me. My player is currently in his so-called prime and my main (and only) goal is to win a cup. What keeps me going? It's a matter of one's mindset. Being on a bad team is nothing I haven't seen before and I seem to be a very patient person. We have a good group and I know we'll make it back to the top. Goalies can still win when they're older anyway.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Written Option 1: Alexa doesn't really have time to care about this kind of thing. How does a cooking competition help you get better at hockey? So instead of bothering with trying to make an extremely fancy dish of some kind, she'll focus on making something simple, tasty, and most importantly helpful. Something high in protein to help encourage muscle recovery, and perhaps good in various vitamins for general health. A quick look online leads to many fairly simple but good recipes to use. Of course, the ideal for this would then be to marinate a chicken breast (because people will be more likely to eat something if it tastes good, after all,) with lemon juice and garlic for at least half an hour, then proceed to cook the chicken by pan searing it. Next, get plenty of greens, not settling for simply iceburg lettuce, but proper collared greens, things like spinach or kale, which often should be washed and then sauteed in a pan with butter, garlic, and salt and pepper. A simple, nutritious meal is created to help each player be the best they can be! And everyone better eat it, or else.

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: yRQ5DtN.png][Image: ZSWcyJU.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Option 1

Fools - everyone knows that any bread dish is a thousand times better if you can bake your own bread to go with it! My lobster rolls are the same ones that beat Bobby Flay, nothing can stand in their way!! 

Salt those boys, throw them on a griddle, and make sure to toast the buns, and they come out airy, soft, crisp, and juicy - filled with buttery garlic and deliciously tender. It’s almost cheating, bringing a dish like this into a cook off competition! Moreover, you can spice it in dozens of different ways - throw on some chili powder and smoked paprika to get a much smokier, spicier version of the dish, or throw in basil and rosemary to get one that’s almost reminiscent of an ultra high end pizza topping. You can even braise it in milk and butter to make a sort of poor-man’s chowder, and barely even change the recipe - it’s still fast, still delicious, and still versatile,  you just need to remember to make more dense buns for the dipping, rather than the usual, lighter ones. Those will fall apart. 

[189 words]

08-05-2024, 03:55 AMcake307 Wrote: Written Option 1: Alexa doesn't really have time to care about this kind of thing. How does a cooking competition help you get better at hockey? So instead of bothering with trying to make an extremely fancy dish of some kind, she'll focus on making something simple, tasty, and most importantly helpful. Something high in protein to help encourage muscle recovery, and perhaps good in various vitamins for general health. A quick look online leads to many fairly simple but good recipes to use. Of course, the ideal for this would then be to marinate a chicken breast (because people will be more likely to eat something if it tastes good, after all,) with lemon juice and garlic for at least half an hour, then proceed to cook the chicken by pan searing it. Next, get plenty of greens, not settling for simply iceburg lettuce, but proper collared greens, things like spinach or kale, which often should be washed and then sauteed in a pan with butter, garlic, and salt and pepper. A simple, nutritious meal is created to help each player be the best they can be! And everyone better eat it, or else.
I literally ate this last night, Cake ?

PT pass

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Written Option 2:

Got fortunate last season in the j draft when I got drafted back to Maine and they already had on paper the best roster. And it showed during the regular season. We were the clear first seed and were on a roll first 2 rounds of the playoffs too. Then comes the conference finals against Ottawa. We have our confidence high as it gets since last two rounds were really good performances from our team, but then comes a guy named Bishop Van Apeldoorn. He was pretty average goalie in the regular season, but he decided that he wants to win and he carried his team with unbelievable performances. We just couldn't score like we had been doing all season. It was devastating, because we had strong believe in our team that we would go all the way and win the cup, but things like this can happen in playoffs. This is a real mental test for us thinking about the upcoming season, since we are going to have strong lineup still.

Graj would definitely be the cooking champion. Throughout his very single life as a hockey player, he grew tired of making the same boring and rather unappealing college kid dinners, and for the last ten years has been practicing making his own dishes. His best dish is his ribs, and that certainly is what he will make for the Philadelphia Forge cook-off. He uses apple juice to coat the first layer of the ribs, an Applewood rub to give them a bit of a smoke flavor, and then another seasoning depending on what he's feeling that day. Usually he will use a black cherry blend, but could also use a hickory chipotle, or maybe something sweet, or just the Applewood blend. Never more than three seasonings at a time though, because the flavor profiles just get drowned out if you use too many. He typically just eats the ribs with a couple of ears of corn and a can of baked beans, so that is likely what he will cook for the event.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Well, cooking is not Sad Ketchup's greatest skill in this world. For this last minute vague task there is only one real option to do. It needs to be fast, quick, and easy although he will likely not win and if he did it would be a miracle. What would Sad Ketchup be cooking? Sad Ketchup would be cooking his specialty, ketchup noodles with hotdogs, this is a favorite of Sad Ketchup and his teammates, although is it good? Arguable. Will he be able to cook it? Yes! Will Sad Ketchup win the cooking competition? Likely not. He could win if everyone else is drunk maybe, or they suck at cooking, or they were just unlucky on the day. Sad Ketchup's ketchup noodles are good but not winning a competition good. The winner of the competition will ultimately be Cracker Pizza because who can say no to pizza and pizza always wins in competitions because pizza is tasty and yummies.

155 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Maurice O'Brady is a natural born leader. He rose from the ranks of minor hockey in the Sherbrooke, Quebec regions to that of General Manager of what can now be called the S77 finalists of the Four Star Cup, two seasons into the franchise's history, the Ottawa Highlanders. As such, he has a knack for understanding what makes a team tick, how to form a cohesive unit and make sure everyone is at their best come playoff time. As such, during a team meal, the team was gracefully able to rally around what one of the rookie's friend was spouting over at other GM's during scouting. As was reported by renowned report Toukin Boutus who recently came out of retirement, Earl Biggins (@Cootdaddy) reportedly was heard saying steamed dogs are trash. This is unacceptable, Maurice knows, Hotdog Lunch (@Papajon) knows, and now the team is ready to rally around this. Its all out war, and the Highlanders are ready for it and primed for it. See you on the ice, YUK.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2024, 10:03 AM by Rabidsponge21. Edited 1 time in total.)

Easily enough Mikkel would walk away champion because what full time Hockey player can actually cook that isnt just using the bbq as their method. Being one of the few men taught how to cook makes this a cake walk for the young defense man as he busts out an all time favourite of authentic Pad thai to wow the masses. This is something that you truly need all the proper ingredients to make the dish perfect. A stop at a local asian market would be required as the grocery store shelf 'pad thai' sauce is just never even close to the true taste experience. Some thing are 100% key.

1) Fish Sauce - the real stuff
2) A Pad thai sauce mixer that contains tamarind and pickled radish
3) De hydrated shrimp

Without the top 3 ingredients - you are doing it 100% wrong. A good flavoured dish allows you to put almost anything you want in it too because even if you hate 'insert vegetable here' the flavour out weighs it and makes anyone struggling to get their greens in a cake walk with flavours like this.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

I just got the worst drop of my career. Everything was fine in the playoffs after getting the best of Chicago, Minnesota and San Francisco in 5 games for the first two teams and 6 for the last one. I was doing great so far even in the final where I faced the legend Olof Karsikko, and for some reason I was not able to deliver the final blow when we were winning the series 3-1. I told myself that I can still give a good performance this season with Team Canada, and I did! Only in the round robin, as I again let my team down in the medal round after only one game with an abysmal game against Japan.

This took a hard toll on me, two fails back to back when my team had needed me to step up. The off-season is almost over so I will need to get those bad performances in the past and look at the next season.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

A challenge where we have to cook? Please I'm the only one in the locker room who even knows what *flavor* is. I'm immediately going to do something extremely Latino and full of flavor. I would start with some elote, or what everyone else calls street corn. Its a corn on the cob thats just put on the grill, slathered in butter, mayo, cheese and tajin. Then while people are enjoying that, you throw a nice marinated flank steak on the grill at really high heat and just let it rip for a few minutes. Chop up some onions and cilantro, throw all the ingredients in a beautifully warmed soft corn tortilla and enjoy the beautiful street taco goodness. There won't need to be any sabotage or influence, I would win off the sheer flavor of my meal. I expect the boys to fall absolutely head over heels for my tacos, and the best part is theyll never get to eat them again. I'll just cook them to win this competition and then poof, its gone, forever. Buen provecho.

179 Words

Somehow Stank tank got his dog into the Steelhawks Locker room[Image: Wmp7g6A.jpg]

[Image: SwvYrXP.jpeg]   
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]   

Ahh