Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 2

Petr's been very fortunate to play on three contenders in his career, and it has made for very active post-seasons, culminating in three finals, one cup, & 197 playoff games. These past finals were certainly legendary with New England, Petr's former team, and their comeback, and I'm sure this point task provides a powerful prompt for Renegades this off-season. For Petr, to have such success in the post-season as it is is a blessing, so a finals loss doesn't mean much. Afterall, it is a finals appearance first and foremost. For a time, this trend seems likely to continue. Texas is unlikely to plummet, especially for FHM's tendency to value past success in teams seemingly regardless of the players rostered at times. This means likely playoff success in the future, or at least more appearances, and the opportunity for Petr to play in his 200th playoff game and earn his 200th playoff point.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2024, 10:46 AM by mee.)

Written #2

The loss to New England three seasons ago was a rough place for Johnny Shuffleboard and the Forge. Everything seemed to be going right that whole season, a nice little run developed and the Wolfpack killed all the dreams.
The next season was quite rough, with Baltimore being far better than us from day one, and it continued into a nothing, with Baltimore bouncing us out in the second round.
But then in was time to turn it around. The team as a whole was much more determined. We worked harder in the weight room, harder on the ice and then we put together the best season of the whole SHL. The number one seed, and a quick 8-1 through the first two round.
A game one against the Wolfpack put us at 9-1 for the playoffs. Our comeback from two seasons prior was right there.
And then 4 straight losses. The end. We have to try again.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Prompt 1: Lias, after spending his entire season with the Winnipeg Aurora, is very surprised to discover that there are people in Los Angeles who do not know that he is the master of sandwiches. For this cook off, Lias dives into the repertoire of incredible sandwich ideas his moms have developed over the years for their sandwich shop back in Visby. He works up a whole spread of tiny sample size versions of these sandwiches, from basic things like caprese finger sandwiches with slices of fresh mozzarella and tomato, to specialties like the odd but amazing open faced meatball sandwich, with a spread of homemade mashed potatoes, topped with sliced meatballs, drizzled with gravy, served with a lingonberry dip and some slices of homemade pickles. It is an unconventional submission for a cook off, but Lias is confident that his new teammates will see the value of a perfectly constructed and crafted sandwich and appreciate the art for what it is.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Code:
Written Option 2: Many players teased with the championship during their career. For some it can be good regular season and good playoffs seeding, maybe you even won the series or made it all the way to the finals. Those who are most lucky actually get to taste the championship, but there is always the next season. You know you are getting close (or already got there) and the expectation is that you’ll keep improving until you win it all. But then there is a setback.

What has been the worst drop from the top your player has experienced? When did the we got this turn into it’s so over? And how did they get back on the long road to winning? Where they find the mental strenght to keep pushing after a devastating loss? Do they need help of their teammates or are they the one helping? How it makes them stronger together and helps them reach for the top again?

With Ben Jammin, I never really got close to winning a championship or even making it to the cup finals in either the J or SHL level so I my expectations aren't very high on doing well. This is going to be my final season on Ben Jammin and with Winnipeg in a rebuild now, we're planning to just vibe this season and help the kids get acclimated in the SHL level and develop that sweet chemistry in FHM. Back when I was in CHI, we made the playoffs pretty easily each season and either had to face NOLA or TEX in the 1st round of the playoffs. It felt like a 50/50 series but whoever won that series would have to face WPG the next round and this was when WPG was in their powerhouse era and destroyed most teams in the Western conference. I was lucky to win a cup on my 1st player in the league so I got to experience that and I never saw myself as a cup chaser or only care about winning in the SHL. Of course winning is the goal, but seeing how this is my last season and WPG in a rebuild, it's time to just chill and plan ahead for my next player. 

(214 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: aRCIyeu.png]
[Image: kILVP74.png] [Image: vokU6Ra.png] [Image: eP8F2Ne.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Written option 1: The cooking competition will likely be won by Langston, though his specialty is in slow cooked meats a la barbecue. He would, in this instance, go for one of his specialties which is a Cajun steak, seasoned to be spicy and having halved mini potatoes on the side along with a strawberry garnish on grilled asparagus. This is something his dad used to make a lot to help feed Langston, who went through a lot of calories growing up playing hockey.

Winnipeg has a very multinational team and I think a ton of different players would use that diversity in this competition. Juan Tymer would bring in a Latvian dish of some kind while Carpet would have a solid piece of Finnish Fish. Marcel Beck would bring in some delicious fondue that might give Langston a run for his money while Mads McBride would have a fish and chips recipe that would be amazing.

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Written Option 2:

The worst sort of drop-off moment so far of Ju-gong’s career was the gold medal game against Norden 2 seasons ago. With 3 minutes left in the game with a one goal lead, he allowed a goal that sent the game into OT. In OT, he allowed yet another to lose the game. With a gold medal so close, it would be an extremely painful moment for the young goalie, who had limited chances to represent Korea in their career due to how IIHF works at the highest level. Now that any chance with Team World and the WJC is over, Ju-gong will just have a single silver medal to show for representing his home country. While blessed to have a medal at all, getting so close to gold was a real let down that he still occasionally thinks back to. In the end, it was a learning experience that will help grow Ju-gong down the road, ready to deal with any ups and downs that come his way.

Written Option 2: Many players teased with the championship during their career. For some it can be good regular season and good playoffs seeding, maybe you even won the series or made it all the way to the finals. Those who are most lucky actually get to taste the championship, but there is always the next season. You know you are getting close (or already got there) and the expectation is that you’ll keep improving until you win it all. But then there is a setback.

What has been the worst drop from the top your player has experienced? When did the we got this turn into it’s so over? And how did they get back on the long road to winning? Where they find the mental strength to keep pushing after a devastating loss? Do they need help of their teammates or are they the one helping? How it makes them stronger together and helps them reach for the top again?

Seamus is a 3 times cup champion who has won a host of accolades as he drives his team from the blue line to excellence each year. The hardest part is that he is getting old, and he cannot play like he used to. Season 76 was pretty hard for Seamus as he just came off a season where he was at the top of his game. In the bounce back season, Seamus posted some of his worse numbers for the skill level that he was at. It tough to end the season with a negative plus minus and it took, a toll on how this cornerstone defenseman saw of his value. Through that offseason, Seamus had to struggle with an early round playoff exit and a worry that his team had lost the champion wining form. In season 77, Seamus came back with a vengeance. Almost taking top spot in scoring and leading his team with strong numbers, it looked like the player in season 76 was gone, and he proved through the finals that he was a defender that could still play ball. A lot of that came from his team, and a lot came from Seamus having to dig deep.

[Image: seamsu_500.png?ex=66b438d3&is=66b2e753&h...96a382d50&]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Opt 1

Despite growing in a swiss village from a french family, the impact of greek cuisine was always there for N'Zola and his family. The meals were easy to prepare from fresh ingredients, no bullshit chemicals or preservatives added onto as well as being affordable. One of their go-to comfort meals was pastitsio, called the greek lasagne by some, but not even remotely the same dish. They had it first time while on a vacation and had to start making it themselves immediately after arriving back to Switzerland. So after careful consideration to not fall into the trap of being forced to make it over and over again after this one time, N'Zola decided to cook it up with his familys own recipe, for the first time ever. It went pretty well until Georg had to whip up some white sauce, which for the first time ended up burning and the second time ended up clumping. What an amateur am I right, but it was not a hit among everyone else who had put on some gourmet food with expensive ingredients so this dish made for peasants did not win. Sadge

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Written option  1: 
A competitive cookoff with the Ottawa Highlanders is a sight to behold, especially with no rules or guidelines. Spaceman Spiff prepared his mother's famous stewed monkey-brains, one of his favorites, and his teammates were concerned when he mentioned them. When he set out stuffed bell peppers they were relieved, but still a little concerned due to the unsettling look in Spiff's eyes. As others set out their dishes the players settled in and grew excited. There were more hotdogs than expected, thanks to Hotdog Lunch's hotdog lunch, Hockey Player's coney dogs and Maurice O'Bready's special entry, as well as a special delivery of half-eaten KitKats from former Highlander Ima Noobie. Local made ice cream and Beaver Tails were a hit, and nearly disqualified for not being homemade until it was pointed out that there were no rules at all! In the end, because the votes were counted like golf scores it was O'Bready's hotdogs boiled in gatorade that took the prize with an improbable count of -2.

Code:
167 words

[Image: tcMCGba.png]

PBE affiliate claim

Quote:Written Option 2: Many players teased with the championship during their career. For some it can be good regular season and good playoffs seeding, maybe you even won the series or made it all the way to the finals. Those who are most lucky actually get to taste the championship, but there is always the next season. You know you are getting close (or already got there) and the expectation is that you’ll keep improving until you win it all. But then there is a setback.

What has been the worst drop from the top your player has experienced? When did the we got this turn into it’s so over? And how did they get back on the long road to winning? Where they find the mental strenght to keep pushing after a devastating loss? Do they need help of their teammates or are they the one helping? How it makes them stronger together and helps them reach for the top again?

JJFJJ certainly is a player that knows a lot about heartbreak from his time in the Junior League. Four years in a row the Maine Timber pushed for the playoffs ending the regular season with great results, only to not take home the cup each of the times. Between second round outs and lost championship games, it had a little bit of everything. This season was the worst in a lot of ways, seeing how great of a season he had right until the playoffs where he went invisible. With how close he got to the cup multiple times it hard to stay on track. But now that he has been called up that is his way to break the streak. A new team around him, playing on the lower lines, and a new outlook on the future as part of the Seattle Argonauts is the reset that is needed for Jean-Jacques to stay motivated and to make sure to give it his all. The goal is clear: Even with no championship in the Juniors, it is time for a championship in the Majors now!

185 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

sorry, my graphic skills arent the best. I hope you all get a good laugh Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Sr1Fcwu.png]

Option 1

Alright a cook off amongst my fellow teammates with the Philadelphia Forge would result in one thing: chaos. So you know what? We ain't gonna do it. We're going to work as a team to put forth the best dang cookout ever. That's what good teams do, not be put at odds with each other. We will work together just like we do on the ice, with the only opponent being our empty bellies. We will get that grill going as hot as a forge and burn the heck out of some burgers. But that doesn't matter because we will just wash 'em down with some a couple Leiny's. I will myself just bring a bag of chips because I suck at planning things for parties. But if we were to have an actual cook off, we would challenge another SHL team. Someone could even film it and make a show out of it. We'd still crush it.

[Image: LChpoGG5_o.jpg]

Oh man this is a tough one. Although I know most of my new teammates now that I've come up from the Juniors I don't know all of them and they all might be amazing chefs for all I know. I think the safe bet is to go against Slowpoke because they go so slow they will burn their food and I will come out the winner. As far as the dish? You can't go wrong with a good stew or a good chili. I mean it has everything in it, meat and spice, heartiness and flavor. You can't lose there plus only an idiot could mess up a stew. Now that's not to jinx myself or anyone who makes them, I am sure you are also an amazing chef and stew maker. It's just one of my favorite meals of all time. My recipe isn't secret, its just something that I've learned over time.

[Image: YQkXo45.png]