Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Luca Pane was built for a cook off. He has the kitchen already ready to go, he has all the ingredients he needs, and he knows what he is doing. The challenge is simple, who can cook the tastiest meal from their home country. Luca being from Italy, has quite a few options. He very familiar with pastas and pizzas as his parents own a restaurant and taught him young the importance of a good, hearty meal. The biggest struggle for Luca was deciding what to cook. His father's famous extra cheese pizza with homemade sauce and fresh cheese, or his mother's Thousand Noodle Pasta. Both are excellent choices and have been a staple in the Pane families weekly meals. Luca decides to try something new, an extra cheesy, pasta pizza. He whips everything up in about an hour and begins to plate his newly founded dish. Imagine a nice thin crust pizza, with pasta mixed into the cheese, top with a homemade marinara that would knock out even the toughest food critics. [175]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

I think I'm going to make the iconic "Stew that makes you blind for a day." I think a 1 day blinding stew could be really beneficial for a cohesive team, because when you can't rely on your eyes you have to rely on your friends. During everybody's day of blinding there would be so much communication as every body worked together to figure out where they were and what was going on around them, and those communication skills could easily be transferred to the ice. Everybody would be really upset about it at first but I think as the season goes on they would retroactively name me champion when they realize that being blind for a day together was truly the best way to bring the team together. If you're wondering how you make it blinding only for a day you have to use a secret ingredient that only I have called "Swag"

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Well, Will Tomlander is new so we will talk about Magnus Liljestrom instead for this worst drop from the top. We had tasted it in Tampa Bay but the next season got eliminated in the first round. After that we never really got anywhere with the Tampa Bay Barracudas which kind of sucked because we had a top TPE team and lots of great players. Slowly people started to trickle out and Magnus kind of wandered from team to team as I slowly lost motivation to continue when it felt like nothing was going his way. Regression then came and started to bite hard which meant that I had to make a decision whether or not to continue. Eventually I started coasting and then it came time to retire old man Magnus as he no longer was super useful beyond as a fill in on some third pair, and I wanted to start afresh. Thank goodness for the portal which has made life so much easier.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

: Players on your team agree to have a get-together during the offseason. Innocent argument over what to eat during the meet developes into a cook off, each player will be cooking a meal while rest will grade it, but only the best cooks stands as a champion. Preparation time is short, rules are vague and competition is going to be tought as professional athletes often like to win. How will your player tackle the task? Do they have secret family recipe to go for? Can they cook at all or is their only way to win through sabotage and voter influence? Or maybe they are excellent cook to begin with? What they will cook? How it goes? And ultimately who will be the champion?

Tibuk has this dialed in. He is going to cook a traditional dish from his home country of Switzerland there are so many delicious options! However being short on time and not having any family recipes to fall back on Tibuk is going to have to get a bit creative. Scouring the internet he finds a a recipe for a fondue, in the bag because who doesn't love cheese right? Recipe calls for a particular fondue cheese but all Tibuk has is Kraft cheese slices. This is going to have to cut it for today. Unpeeling the cheese he chucks a dozen slices in the pot. after a few minutes it looks like terrible and no one is going to eat this. Tibuk pulls a quick change up and throws a full jar of Cheeze Whiz. Sweet mother of cheeese what atrocity against food have we created?! No way Tibuk is serving this up to any living being. We will just let someone else win it this time.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2024, 08:06 PM by skyrrhawk.)

Written Option 1

So, unfortunately, Celeste's family recipes are all kind of time intensive. Tourtiere takes hours, and the soups and stews aren't really any better. So the move is the quicker and easier option: a classic, simple, Maine supper. What is that, you ask? Well! The difficult part of that is getting their hands on the ingredients, but they usually travel prepared with their hometown staples when going between Lewiston and New York.
So they're doing this particular meal. It consists of baked beans (which, obviously homemade is preferred, but storebought and doctored is acceptable), red snapper hot dogs (a Maine specialty- these hot dogs have casings that are a bright, bright red), a simple coleslaw (mayo, vinegar, sugar, and seasonings), and brown bread (which you buy in a can, because making and preparing a homemade steamed brown bread loaf takes roughly 500 years). And, of course, the whole thing is paired with a nice cold can of Moxie, for a perfect and quintessentially Mainer meal.
Honestly, it's not likely to win this competition. Pretty much everything in this is a niche Maine thing, and Celeste knows that. They're really just happy to share this piece of their hometown with people they spend a lot of time in their life with.

[209 words]

[Image: skyrrhawk.gif]

Option 1: I would go in this cook off competition claiming that I want to play a fair game, but I would be here to win at any price by trying to modify my opponent’s meal without them realizing that I did anything to them. I needed to come up with a stealthy plan, that would be really hard to notice, which is what I did and my simple plan would be to one of my pants pocket with salt that I could pour into the other contestants meal what they look away or while they are away trying to retrieve the next ingredient of their meal. The goal would be to pour as much salt as I can and hope that my opponent’s, who are mostly unexperimented cooker, doesn’t taste what they are cooking often enough to notice the change in savor. On my side, I will cook a simple fish meal and hope that I can beat everyone else by having the least bad meal.

165 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

1: 

Brayden Point is an amazing cook who enjoys making chili. It is more or less his secret weapon. While most of the professional players either afford or splurge on a private chef Brayden Point is known to cook to help regulate himself. His signature dish is a turkey chili that will blow your skates off. White beans, turkey, bacon (and the secret being using some of the bacon grease in the chili and while cooking the turkey), cheese, and other staples depending on mood and season these can include: peppers, onions, mushrooms, corn, and even some crazier additions such as broccoli and fish. Brayden Point would win the competition through skill and the fact he is an underdog. Cooking is not something Brayden Point goes out of the way to brag or share with others no one on the team even knows he is a good cook. It also helps that he is a veteran on the last season of the team and has a relationship with the co general manager (in the locker room the co gm goes by King Bolt!) although not in leadership himself Brayden Point is respected and he is certain with skill he will be victorious in his pursuit to win this cookoff.  Falcons

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:

PT Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]

[Image: IMG-0396.jpg]

Written Option 2: While never really being in the best team in the league, when being reminded of possible championships Furious Chicken can not help but think back to his junior league career with the Yukon Malamutes, where in all 4 seasons the team managed to have a pretty decent regular season, followed by a good play-off run. The first one eventually stranded in a 4-2 loss against losing finalist Maine Timber, the 2nd one in a 4-2 loss against winning finalist Maine Timber, the 3rd one in a 4-3 loss against losing finalist Maine Timber, and lastly, a 4-2 loss against losing finalist, not Maine Timber but Newfoundland Berserkers this time (the Maine Timber did however win the other semi-final, and the eventual final). After 4 seasons of being knocked out of the semi-final, and 3 of those by the Maine Timber alone, Furious Chicken was ready to get into the SHL with the Edmonton Blizzards, a team who had just won the league looking poised to at least compete for the win for yet another season. Sadly this was quite a short tenure not finishing the season and eventually moving to the Buffalo Stampede.

193 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Option 2:

Beck lost 4 (or is it 5, I cant even remember) times in the Finals, the first one (I think) being a loss after leading 3-1 in the series. Talk about brutal. And then to get there again the next year and lose again. That's about as low as you can go in terms of feeling high then saying "Its so over." Luckily, our team was so great and the people so willing to bounce back that we were able to capture the championship in the next year or so. You have to look at the whole picture of success and although we were unable to bring home the hardware most of the time, we won many, many games and found success in other areas. Sure, it would be nice to be 5 time cup champion, but sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The thing I'm looking forward to is the next stay at the top.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

Graphic Option - [Image: 0ffR2hl.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother