Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

When it comes to a cooking competition, there’s one thing that you can always count on for success. And, that one thing is even more reliable when you have hockey players in the mix. The secret is pasta. Think about it, pre-game meals are so often filled with pasta because it gives players the energy to bring their all on the ice for a couple hours on game day. Lately, my garden has been filled with Basil and that just lends itself to a nice big fresh pesto for the fellas in our offseason cook off. So, I’m gonna go out to the garden and pick off a couple of stems of fresh basil. I’m gonna roast some pine nuts to bring out that nutty full flavor. Then i’ll drop it all together in my blender with some freshly grated cheese, a big pour of some expensive olive oil and the squeeze of a couple of lemons. And in no time, I will have a beautiful green pesto to pour over fresh pasta that’ll have me the king of the locker room cooking extravaganza.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

Quote:Written Option 2: Many players teased with the championship during their career. For some it can be good regular season and good playoffs seeding, maybe you even won the series or made it all the way to the finals. Those who are most lucky actually get to taste the championship, but there is always the next season. You know you are getting close (or already got there) and the expectation is that you’ll keep improving until you win it all. But then there is a setback.

What has been the worst drop from the top your player has experienced? When did the we got this turn into it’s so over? And how did they get back on the long road to winning? Where they find the mental strenght to keep pushing after a devastating loss? Do they need help of their teammates or are they the one helping? How it makes them stronger together and helps them reach for the top again?

For me to really answer this question, I’d need to go back to my previous player, Adam Barron.
Things were going really well for him on a personal level in the early 60s, with great seasons on the board for both the Toronto North Stars and Baltimore Platoon. But there was eventually a dropoff, and it was beginning to look like I was never going to win the Challenge Cup.
What turned things around was going to the Atlanta Inferno. The LR was active, the team was filled with talented players, and management were capable of getting the most out of their players. I think it was largely a matter of the right place at the right time.
I don’t know what would have happened if I had never won the cup with Atlanta. I know I got close with the Toronto North Stars and Baltimore Platoon, but close doesn’t really cut it when it comes to reaching the championship. As for the mental strength, I think it’s just a matter of realizing that there’s a certain amount of luck involved in the process, and to just be the best teammate you can be.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Written Option 2:

Niclas Sundqvist was very appreciated when first joining the Great Falls Grizzlies and quickly connected enough with the team to become asscap in no time. The season afterwards however the title was stripped and that was quite painful for Niclas who felt more and more distance between himself and his team in the locker room. The title removal and lack of connection with his teammates made him work for an early callup to the SHL where he found back to the good connection he initially had in the SMJHL. The road towards things felt more clear and easier for once as he had teammates that he could connect to. The title of captain or anything like it mattered less once again as he was new and did not feel like respect was removed from him. Now he has his sight on two goals:
Firstly, make playoffs in the SHL for the first time.
Secondly, win the cup.

[157 words]

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Quote:Graphic Option: Create an image that shows your players excellent taste for something (for example food, clothing, antique cars or whatever they like.)

You might not know this but Xavier Beausoleil is an avid car collector!

[Image: F7TUuYA.png]

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Written 2

It has to go back to when the Raptors lost game 7 of the Four Star Cup finals. The next year, they then came back to win it all. From the ultimate low point to the ultimate high point, Fenix has seen the path that a team has to take to get back to winning. The team as a whole bonded together, each individual not letting the others falter. They got close to winning it all, and that only made them more hungry. The team couldn't dwell on the loss, for the job was not finished. That offseason, everybody trained hard, and created deeper bonds in their hearts. Then, come the regular season, the power of friendship is what really took them through it all. Once they got to playoffs, however, they could no longer rely only on the power of friendship, and had to switch to the power of superior hockey skills. That gave them the win, and they could hold their heads high again.

#1: We have some excellent cooks in the Vancouver Whalers locker room. The players are constantly texting and bragging about their cooking skills, but not me. I do not claim to be one of them, but when someone challenges me, I am ready for a fight. The rules are simple, make food, best food wins. Since our cup run, we have money to spend so we hired Gordon Ramsey as a celebrity judge. I would keep my dish simple. My favorite thing to make is Poke Bowls and that is what I would go for. I will let my teammates attempt to tackle a tougher dish and fail. I am talking fresh ahi tuna, sticky rice, carrots, mangoes, cucumbers, avocado, and spicy mayo. The rest of the team is trying to make dishes like bacon crusted scallops over a bed of korean inspired seaweed infused egg noodles and they will fail. Gordon Ramsey will love my dish and I will walk away a champion, again.

[Image: mattyj.png]

Graphic Option: Create an image that shows your players excellent taste for something (for example food, clothing, antique cars or whatever they like.)

[Image: Gbs2uGd.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Written Option 1
How long do we have for preparation time? Kristian Seppanen, the star right defenceman of the Atlanta Inferno hockey team of the eastern conference of the simulation hockey league, otherwise known as the SHL, has two go-to meals, depending on how much preparation time he has. With a full day, Kristian Seppanen would pull out his smoker and smoke up a pulled pork with apple smoke, make an apple maple bourbon barbecue sauce on the stove inside, and serve it with a side of apple fennel slaw and some classic, homemade macaroni and cheese. With a shorter prep time, Kristian Seppanen would go the route of chicken Alfredo tortellini, made from scratch. He would make the dough for the three colours of tortellini, using spinach to dye the one batch green, leave the other batch yellow, and use sun-dried tomatoes to dye the last batch red. He would then fill these tortellini with a blend of ricotta, parmesan, and some finely diced onion and mushrooms, and then serve with a nice smoked chicken breast and some home made Alfredo sauce - all able to be done in about an hour and a half.

Option 1
Zeus Storm is no cook. He barely can make cereal but if it came down to a competition he would absolutely lock in. Does that mean sabotage? buying a pre-cooked dish? having someone else make it and passing it off as his own? absolutely not. Storm has honor and self respect unlike many in the SHL do. Instead Storm would tap into his native american heritage and produce the best cinnamon and sugar indian frybread dessert dish that the competition has ever seen. After they get a taste of that delectable frybread they would turn native themselves it is that good. Competition over. The rest of the competitors would go home with their tails tucked between their legs in eternal shame. How could they have been beaten by a non cook like Storm? We don't know and that is why they would be ashamed for their performance that fateful day. Storm, Master Chef.

155 words

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

Option 1

Much has been made of Marton's love for food from his homeland, with all the various sausages and sides he's requested from the Renegades' team chef. But he's certainly no stranger to donning the apron himself and whipping up a feast. You don't need a whole lot of prep time when you know where to get the best sausages and let them marinate overnight in the best German ale. But while that's soaking ahead of a quick grill, which really should be enjoy for the victory all on its own, the real secret weapon is the Diehm family pretzel recipe. No time to mess around with making 'em into the fancy twist shape, this isn't Auntie Anne's. And in the spirit of doing anything it takes to win, Marton will even let folks select from his special pantry of imported mustards, from dijon made in the original style to classic whole grain for the extra texture and authenticity.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Option 2

It all started from the J where Kevin played his first few seasons with the Kelowna Knights, of course being new to the team, Kevin had not much expectations to win the cup, but as the seasons past and the team grew stronger, there was always hope for a cup. However every season, that hope was lost after even unable to make the playoffs, the mentality was at its low. Even losing one of our top players, the dream of winning the four star cup in his career in the J was over. Kevin practiced the best he could to prove him a top player out of the J and perform in the SHL. However, similar to Kevin's team in the J; the Kelowna Knights, the Minnesota Monarchs were struggling to make the playoffs. It was so similar that many top players left the team to join possible cup winners. But as the seasons passed the team proved that they had the skill to go deep in the playoffs, and with the change of GMs, the Monarchs won the first round making history. Now after that win, the locker room is at the highest it has been and the hopes are high to go deep in the playoffs in the next few seasons.

[Image: hbtB38x.png][Image: Screenshot_2024-07-25_171622.png?ex=66a4...56461ae57&]
                               Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic and Jaypc8237 for the sigs!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

ISFL PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

My player would definitely recreate one of the greatest meals of all time. The Happy birthday grimace dinner meal from mcdonalds. Never before has such a perfect amalgamation of flavors been brought together. Have you seen much about gordon ramsey lately? No, not since the Happy birthday grimace mcdonalds dinner meal came out because there he has run away to back to shitfoodshire in shame now that his expertise is essentially null. The other players can cook still if they are interested, but I’m not too sure why they would bother. There will be plenty of happy birthday grimace meals not from mcdonalds to go around. I’m sure someone would try to do some zany shenanigans probably someone in cahoots with rival team member Kahri who doesnt know anything about food so all she can do is complain about peoples food takes and eat non dairy ice cream. Obviously the champion will be Ruggsy, but in all honesty its fine not crowning them because it was never much of a competition in the first place.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

I think Cheeks' go to option would probably be some kind of burger, because he loves to grill and barbecue. There's no secret family recipe involved here, just a mix of inspiration from the internet and some prior experimentation. But we'll go with a double patty here on a brioche bun (because brioche buns are supreme), with a fried egg, some lemon garlic aioli and some fried garlic crisps. Mix in some fresh french fries and mayo, maybe a side salad too, and it's a pretty solid dish. I'd say that Cheeks isn't the best cook, but he could probably get some voter influence by being such an adored player and generally being lighthearted about it all. I doubt he wins it all, but maybe he'd make it into a later round. As for the winner, I could imagine one of the Solbergs having a really strong cooking talent. I think there could be a fair few surprises on the team as well, maybe SvdS could whip out something amazing.