Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Option 1
To win the challenge, I will ask a friend that is a chef in a restaurant to give me one of his best recipe that is not to hard to make so I will be able to present it to my teammates. My family have some recipes, but it's mostly desserts so I will keep on of those after the one of my friend will give me for the main course.
My player is not really good at cooking, he do mostly some bbq and basic things like pasta. But will a recipe it's always easier to make something good.
The other players in the challenge will be Scar Bailey, Alexa Johansen, Louis Bélanger and Jack Booth. So we will be 5, each one will have a week day to impress the others.
Scar made some amazing stuff, better than what I expected, Alexa was mostly stuff I've never tried before, Louis made some spicy food that I really love and Jack was surprisingly the worst of all!

Prompt 1

After the draft, Anna learned she had been traded to the Maine Timber, and some of the players invited her over for a summer get together to welcome her to the team. While all of the new teammates were super nice and welcoming, something was off about them. It was the food, they didn't have any poutine, how are you supposed to have a gathering without any poutine? When Anna was done explaining to them what the Quebec specialty food was, they didn't seem impressed, and just wanted to get back to their lobster food. So they decided to have a little cooking contest and have the coaching staff judge to see what was the superior northeastern regional cuisine. The management staff had somehow never had poutine before, and they immediately fell in love with the messy but delicious Quebec food. The team was also won over by Anna's cooking skills, and was the deciding factor in putting her in as the top line center for the upcoming season.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

ISFL Affiliate: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid827229

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

Everything was going well at the team function barbecue until @micool132 brought some kosher sausage over to the boys without my permission. I told him three weeks ago I was bringing the kosher sausage. I was so mad that I challenged him to a sausage duel straight out of the gate. Micool stated that he would like to engage in this sausage duel and that he and I are now enemies. Micool then stated that the loser of the duel was goin to get traded to the Montreal patriots. I said AS IF! And then we began to cook.

I cooked my sausage very througholy and correctly doing a triple glazed double baste while I viewed Micool doing a sear and flip combo. I knew that this judgement would come down to the finest palettes in the Atlanta inferno franchise. When all was said and done we had a tie. The tiebreaker was said to be broken by Philippe eko eel who declared that bongos sausage was king.

Written Option 1

The Swedish aren't exactly known for their cooking. Meatballs, pickled and salted fish of all kinds are what makes up the Swedish diet to those who aren't in the know. A cooking competition is ideal for Andren to show off that just like him, Swedish food can be a bit punchy. To that end, Andren is going to make his signature Spicy Swedish Sausages. A recipe passed down through his family line for almost a thousand years. Said to have been created after his distant ancestor raided village in a distant land and brought back a bevvy of spices to his home. It's made up of only the highest quality elk meat, bring with a signature (and secret) blend of spices. Painstakingly mixed by hand and then stuffed into only the tightest sheep's intestine before being boiled just enough to make it safe and served on top of a pile of mashed potatoes. Andren knows he's sure to win the competition with his teammates.

164 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Written Option 2:

I think the worst fall from the top my player has experienced so far in his career has to be the transition from junior to SHL. It's always hard to go from winning a championship, to then playing for one of the worst teams in the league at the time in terms of standings. Truly a moment where you are at the top of the world, to being at the bottom of the basement. Granted I never care about how the teams are doing, I just want to be out of the SMJHL as soon as I possibly can. Winning the Four Star Cup was neat, but I truly didn't care that we won it. As far as in character, yeah I'm sure it would have been tough to win the cup, but know that you won't be returning next season to defend it. That is how it goes though, you win at one level and you need to go on and prove you can win at the next.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

PBE Affiliate Link

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Option 2:

Just when you had reached the pinnacle of your dream, a shocking injury in that career-defining game stood to tear down everything you had built up. It wasn't just some minor setback, it was one of those injuries that would have you watching your team on the stands for weeks, watching in frustration while your team kept on fighting.

That's tough. It's hard to see teammates out here struggling without you. They needed to change their strategy, take new roles, and will themselves to move on with a burden. You saw them become more resilient and united with each game.

This time around, finally back as champions, all that felt more meaningful than ever. Not for the trophy but for the journey and the strength one discovers together in the act of rising up through adversity. That deepened appreciation for the spirit of the team and what I am capable of being part of.

[Image: KxB-_pyaGdotGz4wz5zW8E1eJpLGSxKSfSaosHJ1...9WDrQNFXbo][b][Image: y2zog1KMN5gVo_tQlYOHENY-1t0EKrR8WSNTQOai...e5XmoR61WI][/b]

Option 1: 
Gordon-William Gibbles comes from a family of amateur chefs. His dad was well know to have team meals made in the players clubhouse before games during his time in Minnesota. GW did not fall far from the tree in that regard. Even in his days in Great Falls, he has been a big fan of making BBQ for his teammates to enjoy. Lately Gibbles has been on a rib kick, coming in to the clubhouse in the morning to start the smoker and get a few racks started. He usually goes with a mixture of pork and beef ribs as well as a few different styles of BBQ sauce. His latest creation is an apple cider and brown sugar based sauce. Gibbles has been approached by a local restaurant in the Twin Cities about partnering to make a line of sauces for sale in the Monarchs home turf. He should easily win any teamwide cook off.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

Probably the worst drop Violet has experienced from the top -- whatever her "peak" is, anyway -- would be that one time a bunch of ghosts of Hockey Past, Present, and Future visited her overnight. She entered lots of sleep debt that night and the following couple of weeks, as she was worried that the remainder of the hockey ghosts would come to visit her and be much more horror-oriented than the A Christmas Story-like production of the prior nights. She immediately practiced worse, had a bad temperament, and spent the following two (or three? I forget when that task was) seasons playing terribly, having never recovered from the traumatic experience. Ultimately, she became a relatively pointless player for her junior league team and lost some steam coming into her upcoming SHL debut -- especially when paired with likely superstar Mia Lavoie. Thankfully, there's not much lower you can go on the SHL totem pole than "first time rookie who didn't prove anything in the SMJHL", so I guess it's only up from here?

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

It's never been a drop for Hoang, but a long, rough road up a steep mountain. He never got a sniff of playoff success in the SMJHL, limited to a 1st round appearance with a Great Falls team in a transition period. He joined a Minnesota team on the way up but certainly with work to do, and as his career has come along, it’s been progress that has shown small results. Even so, he’s excited for what’s coming next, as just a taste of playoff success has given him some of his most beloved memories from his career. He does wish some success occurred for himself and his teammates early in his career with the Grizzlies, but you take what you can get. Even if drops occur, Hoang’s mindset is certainly one that takes the good and discards the bad, so the peak is what will matter, not the valleys.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

UsaUsaMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

Dominik is someone that has the luck to be able to say that he experienced the absolute peak that the SHL has to offer. There is nothing sweeter than getting across the line and being able to win the Challenge Cup for your franchise and your city. Dominik was part of the San Francisco Pride team that successfully won the first Cup in franchise history, and that is something that it is hard to state the importance of. After long last, the Pride were finally champions, and it was a glorious experience for the team, the city, and the players to get to experience. Many players in the history of the league have won the Cup, Dominik's own father had won the Challenge Cup with the Manhattan Rage, but a smaller group of players were able to say that they were the first to do so. There is always pressure to win, but when you have done it before, you know you can meet that expectation and mentally, put yourself in a good spot to succeed.

WC: 176

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Theo Kane has always grown up eating pizza with a specific ingredient on it that always throws people off. He always gets a very skeptical and negative reaction, however, the moment they actually give it a try, they are persuaded by how good it is. There has not been a single person he has had try that hasn't liked it. Kane is no culinary expert by any means so this bold take on a classic favourite is his best shot at winning. In order to ensure that happens, we are going to go all out and make an insane pizza with the special key ingredient being broccoli.

Firstly, we are going to make some homemade dough, put that delicious tomato sauce on it, a layer of mozzarella cheese, buffalo chicken, bacon, ham, BROCCOLI, another layer of cheese. Then to top it off, we sprinkle a little bit of feta cheese and red pepper flakes. Just like that, we have won the competition.

Falcons Canada

written prompt option 1

so binko koivu is the type of person to get very deep into certain rabbit holes (many of them in fact) even though he is not a rabbit nor is he rabbit sized, and he does so while spending a lot of time researching many of these hobbies of his and then not actually putting his new found knowledge to much use so he just ends up learning and forgetting all of these things and has to look them up again later when he actually decides to try to do the thing that he learned about so for once he will be trying to put some of his new found knowledge to good use so that he can end up actually retaining that information! one of these rabbit holes that binko has fallen down into is for cooking and using all of his various gizmos (repost this cat @efiug) and gadgets to create a quick and dirty italian sausage vodka sauce pasta that actually doesnt require any gizmos nor gadgets other than his favourite stainless steel saucier pan from made in so he makes that and his team mates @hotdog and @micool132 seemed to enjoy it!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]