Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

Task 2:

Going way back to where it all started in Quebec, my very first mentor was my very first captain, Aksel Fiske (@mer), who was instrumental in showing me around and helping me find a rhythm in the league and professional hockey. I still root for Captain Fiske any time I'm not playing Manhattan, and the old man's got a lot of hockey left to play. Of course, I couldn't have gone far without a fellow Quebec rookie pushing me every step of the way to get better. My draft day buddy and long time friend Rylie Versi (@The Roope Hintz Effect) kept me going at the best and worst of times. Hope you're doing well wherever you are, man.

Getting to Edmonton was another joy, with great leaders like Kyle Sutton (@CrazyMojito) showing me the ropes and helping me get ready for the big league, and of course a great GM in @HabsFanFromOntario who led us through a heavy rebuild and into a dominant few seasons later in my career. Honestly there are too many names to thank, but you all know who you are, and you're all special people!

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Opt 2

Looking back at Georg N'Zolas career the first and foremost thing to come in mind was the immense unhinged encounter I had with a former Anchorage Armada general manager who joined me and this other guy for a chat one fine wednesday afternoon. Man clearly reinstated that I was the perfect pick from the draft class and he wanted me to potentially join the team to fulfill my destiny of becoming a prominent hockey player. Little did I know I was so bad at playing on the wing they eventually changed my position in Los Angeles so I would fit in better with my style. It was now ex GM, former current GM for LA who we had a chat and decided to switch it up since I was more defensive oriented player, would suit me better you know - so we made the decision to make it happen and waddaya know, few seasons later N'Zola was very unstoppable on the position, but all good things must come to an end eventually so now he is making a better run for it at a different club who also saw very high potential in him. Hopefully it will become something beautiful in the end

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Option 1:

Even though this is the start of Paul Bondage's sophomore year with the Atlanta Inferno, he still feels like he's one of the team's newbies. He's surrounded by incredibly talented players all along the locker room, so he tends to just stick his head down, do his job, and help out where he can. Should there be any newcomers that need some assistance or advice, he is more than willing to be one of the first to reach out and give that lending hand, but being in a locker room like this one, the entire team seems to be going that route of making sure newcomers are feeling comfortable and welcomed. Now of course, this is all for moot because the Atlanta Inferno didn't draft a single player this offseason, so in reality, Paul Bondage is still THE newbie on the team. With that being said, he's hoping he can be a bit more of an impact this season opposed to last.

WC: 168

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

PBE Affiliate

Written Option 2:

Frequently in touch with the very niche subsect of Korean journalist that cover hockey and do interviews (all two of them), Ju-gong has already starred in a few low-key interview documentaries that go through his path of protecting goals in Busan to Quebec, and now Montreal. Its most common to hear from his amateur league teammates in Busan, as those are the ones who were there when he first stepped onto the ice. Of those, Pong-su is the most prevalent. Pong-su works at a Go Café in Busan where he met Ju-gong, and managed to sway the young teen into attending a local hockey game; the defining moment in learning to love the sport. Aside from him, both of Ju-gong’s parents very frequently answer simple questions from media, and would feature in almost any Korean made documentary. The Song family is very close together, and there’s no news that exists about Ju-gong that his parents don’t know.

Written Option 1:

I'll talk about my junior team here as that's where my player currently plays. We don't have many new players and if I'm not mistaken, the only one is user thekaganator which we drafted in the 4th round of the J draft. His player's name is Max Kagan, He was welcomed to the team about over a week ago. We showed him the locker room and the different channels. I wouldnt say his introduction was great, it doesnt look like many people really made an effort to say hi to him other than when we joined the server. Club leadership did say they wanted to get him involved, but meh, havent seen anything on that side, maybe in the background? He also doesnt really come other then when he is pinged which isnt helping. We will see how things go in the next few weeks, but as a team, we can do better in introducing people to the locker room that arent already friends with the established members of the team.

Option 2

The obvious first interview candidate to talk about Ylib's career so far would be his recently retired brother Nevek. The older Kove brother played a large part in helping young Ylib develop his hockey skills and is the first person to go to to sing the praises of the Kove family. After the SMJHL draft however, the Kove brothers were separated and some different players in the league were there to advocate for Ylib's growth. The player scouts for the Yukon Malamutes such as Slava-Ukraini Heroyam-Slava were the first people outside of Quebec to see the potential in young Kove. They knew he had strong connections and mentors in the league already such as Kev Kevens who instilled confidence that Ylib would turn out okay. This trend of player scouts believing in Ylib's potential continued with Betzee Nickelback of the Rage. These four advocates likely have nothing but great things to say about Ylib's career so far for the documentary. Since Ylib is of the strongest prosepcts of the S76 class, they can all claim that they were correct in noticing his potential and investing in his development so far as a young player.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Graphic Option - Pohler showing his teammate how to screen the goalie

[Image: Sf9Lvhs.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Written Option 1: 
My player tries to introduce and welcome players the best that he can. After being a late waiver claim in his rookie year, he didn't have any idea what he was doing. At the time, the people in Nevada's locker room helped him out, showing him around the site, helping him develop into the player that he is today, and he hopes to carry that leadership forward. He may not be the absolute most vocal guy in the room at all times, but he is always there if anybody needs any help, and is always willing to teach someone what others have taught to him. Whether it's with my player, or others in the Nevada locker room, we all hope to shape these new faces into other people who will carry the torch further and hope to create a cycle that welcomes anyone to this league.

[Image: Sr1Fcwu.png]

written option 2

There's a documentary being filmed on Leonard Wood but I should warn viewers that I will become more guarded in the documentary. I have no issues playing hockey in front of thousands of people but once you get me up close on a camera, I get pretty shy. It's not my favorite. So naturally, the documentary will be pretty dry and forgettable. The interviews may be where this documentary can be saved. The film makers can interview people who coached me early in my playing days back home in Madison. They might say they always believed in my potential, but let me tell you now that they are liars. They told me I'd never make it to the SMJHL let alone the SHL. The players and coaches back in Denver may speak favorably of my development however. They believed in not only me but all of their players and their ability to make it to the SHL.

[Image: LChpoGG5_o.jpg]

Written Option 2: 

The first player who helped me get my career, it's the guy who drafted me in St-Louis : Sparky. He's the one that give me a chance in the 3rd round of the draft to get the steal of the draft. Already in my first year, I got the chance to be the starter at the end of the season and in the playoffs and it stayed that way for the other three next seasons. He wasn't sure about needing another goalie with Jim Corcoran already with the team and he was supposed to be the starter. I got my chance and I sized it to make him like a genius haha!

The other person who had a big impact on my career is my GM in Texas : Capn Cooper. Texas needed a future starter as the legend Cillian Cavanagh was looking at retirement when the time I will be ready for the SHL. Cooper was ready to draft me as a first round pick, a thing not a lot of team were ready to do as they don't want to pick a goalie that high in the draft. So far I'm sure he doesn't regret that pick and I'm happy to be a Renegades from that day!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

Code:
Graphic Option: Create an image showing your player helping one of their teams rookies or prospects in any way.

[Image: pnK4vAF.png]

BASE PACK is being a good mentor to the player trying to steal his job his new rookie goaltending partner

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Every new season brings a bunch of new rookies to the team, and it's always exciting to see how they fit in. Blade Hunter, my player, is pretty good at helping these new guys get up to speed. He knows that these rookies are fresh and might be a bit nervous or unsure about how things work, so he takes his job seriously. Blade Hunter doesn’t just wait around for rookies to come to him for help. He’s smart about it and tries to find the ones who look like they need the most guidance. These are the players who might be really talented but are still figuring things out. Blade Hunter takes them under his wing (pun intended), gives them tips, and shows them the ropes. He shares his own experiences and helps them get better at their game. This way, they can become valuable members of the team faster.

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: FThunMn.png]

PBE affiliate: 
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=757717

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

Option 2

Many people have helped Shaggy along the way, however, there is one person who helped more than others at the beginning of his career or technically even before it had even started. None other than goalie legend Harry Carpet a.k.a. his dad. If you get professional goalie coaching early and share the same last name, there was no way Shaggy wasn't going to become a professional hockey player. Harry even was Toronto's goalie coach in Shaggy's first season in the SHL which might seem weird to some people, but it definitely helped a lot. Other people who helped were scouts, coaches, GMs and pretty much every veteran teammate Shaggy has played with. Two in particular were Tummy Hurts in Newfoundland and Rebecca Montagne in Winnipeg. He has learned a lot from both, especially when it comes to long playoff runs as a goalie. Those three (Harry Carpet, Tummy Hurts, Rebecca Montagne) would be good choices to interview for the documentary because they saw Shaggy at different stages of his career and have all played some kind of mentor role.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]