Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

As a player who was recently drafted in the SHL, my player (Jon Garfield) does not have too much of a history to write about right now. Jon Garfield has not yet played in the SHL but is working hard to get there. Despite this, Jon Garfield would definitely have to thank the teams who drafted him, as well as their respective GMs. Jon Garfield was selected in the first round of the SMJHL draft, which was quite a shock to him! He definitely has the Thunder Bay Walleye (the Regina Elk at the time) management team for believing in him thus far. It has not been easy yet, as Garfield is now expected to lead the offensive team while the Walleye enter their rebuilding phase. Secondly, Jon Garfield would definitely have to thank Vandy of the Buffalo Stampede for drafting him in the second round! Garfield hopes to prove both of these teams right and have a long and illustrious career with both the Walleye and the Stampede.

[Image: Rg2aCpa.png]

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk / Thunder Bay Walleye

[SHL] Buffalo Stampede | Prospect

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL] Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

PBE Affiliate

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Written option 2: this documentary is going to focus a lot on the management of Los Angeles. I remember back in the draft, Los Angeles had a later first round pick, and they didn’t think they would be able to draft me. We stayed in constant discussion before and during the draft and as I fell farther into the draft, Los Angeles was getting excited. Fuzz was happy to pick me up at 11th overall. At this point, the LAP management was firmly behind me and promising me big things. We got off to a good start and my player did well from the early seasons. It was great having management behind my player and putting me in positions to succeed. I was very thankful for everything they did. And then it finally happened and we won the championship. The documentary will probably feature the moment management came to speak to me about how important it was for my player, who had been with the rebuild since the start, got their championship.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

i am the fresh rookie this year! so i'm appreciating the seattle vets welcoming me to the city and showing me around the facilities. i got a pretty good tour of them before but that was the summer of my draft almost three years ago! the team has changed a lot since then but it was nice to meet a couple of familiar faces before we stepped out into training camp. it was also nice to play with some of my J enemies for the first time. i think how friendly everyone is, and the fact that we have such a young team is really helping me get comfortable and adjusted. we dont have a lot of expectations on us right now, but we want to set the tone for this new era of seattle hockey as good as we possibly can. we have a lot of learning to do, and we want to do a lot of winning, so we have to hold eachother accountable (especially the new people) and push eachother to do better each and every game. we're having fun, we're improving our skills, but most importantly we're laying the ground work for a core that's going to have a lot of success in the future.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=66ec5e74&is=66eb0cf4&hm=61...8d73302d2&]

Written Option 1: With every new season some new faces join the team. How is your player helping those fresh rookies to become the best they can? Do they help them all the best they can or are they the kind of person who first finds someone they like to take under their wing? Or if they know better to leave things like this to others, who they think is the best one in the team to leave it to, why them?

Alexandros was someone when he first jumped into the SHL that had a large amount of people to help him grow and become the leader he is today, what would be a surprise is just how fast he would become that leader being as soon as his second season most of the people that helped him learn were gone from the team as we entered a rebuild. Now entering his 5th season in the SHL only 2 of those original mentors, Dave Heinrich and Ryuuji Minamino, remain and continue to give out some wisdom though they are far past their prime. This plants Mograine firmly in the driver seat to lead the locker room and teach the next generation. Chicago isn’t the best team at this time so building the talent up has taken top priority as he is constantly out in drills showing tips and tricks to any looking the learn on the team while also being a person they can come to if they have any issue without fear of judgment. I don’t know if I am doing a good job but I am doing my best and I hope I am providing a positive impact for our young group and we can grow into winners together.

-209 words

Option 1:
Chuck is going into his fourth and final season in the SMJHL now and naturally is a role model for younger players, especially rookies coming into the team. Coming off his first season with Kelowna, he is looking to expand his role model persona and step up to help elevate the team to the next level.

Chuck doesn’t typically seek out a specific player to mentor, rather he tries to just be a general role model for the team. On the ice he sets the tone with a strong work ethic and off the ice he strives to demonstrate how to be a good person both within and outside of the team.

This is a good opportunity to develop his leadership skills as he will soon be on his way to the big league where he himself will be the on that needs mentoring. He’s looking forward to having a positive impact this season.

Written Option 2

There are top secret films held by the Czech and for distribution among the State Security agency and political elites only, that documents every aspect of the project that create Petr Svoboda, after all, Petr's creation was an immense undertaking that incorporated multiple apparatuses of the state and represented simultaneously decades of loss on the international stage in hockey, and a gradual culture change in the nation resulting from that feeling of loss into a nation who would do anything to win gold.

As a result, the nation became more authoritarian and secretive, and the nation took to human engineering to create the greatest possible hockey player. Literally born in a tube, hand crafted to be perfect, and conditioned to not only be the greatest hockey player ever, but the greatest servant to the Czech nation there has ever been, Petr was created, adult in stature already, and sent to North America in a covert operation to embed him in the North American hockey system where he would face his primary foes early and often on the path to gold.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

One of the best ways to help the new players and rookies to the team is to encourage them to be the best person they can be. I think they’re one of those situations that for rookies, you’re working through the system and teaching them how to be professional hockey players. If they’ve made it to the stage that they’re joining the team and have been drafted into the SHL, they clearly have the talent and ability to be here. What you’re working on teaching them is how to go about their day to day, how to practice, how to train, how to act around the fans and the team personnel each day. There is time for them to learn it themselves, but if you want the team to succeed, you need to put them in the right position to succeed as soon as possible. It all adds up and each practice matters when it comes to winning the Cup.

WC: 160

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

This year the Colorado Raptors aka Dino Nuggies saw some turnover in the roster due to call ups. Typically a team would replenish that in the draft but the Raptors decided to trade away most of their picks in this draft in an effort to load up for next season's draft aka the reddit draft. That said they still were able to bring in a promising young buck by the name of Normand Marineau. Since arriving Normand has been an active presence in the locker room and has hit the ice as much as he can to earn all the training points. The Raptors team has done their best to take him under their wing and coach him up on what best to train to have the quickest ascent to success on game day. So far he has taken all the advice in stride and applied a lot of the principals he has been coached on. This kid is going to go far if he keeps that up!

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

Jarrod Lakemore isn't much of a vocal leader and generally doesn't take young players under his wing or try to mentor rookies. Instead he is more of a lead by example type of player. Every time he skates out onto the ice he puts forth his full energy into doing everything in his power on that shift, regardless of the opponent or score, whether a playoff game 7 or a preseason game. He fully expects everyone on his team to do the same and will be the first to confront the rookies about lazy, low effort plays. Sometimes young players, especially those taken early in the draft, can come in with a sense of entitlement and be slow to get back on defense, for example. This simply does not fly on a Lakemore team and coaches know he will be the first one to reprimand the young players and do it effectively. Sometimes it can make him seem unfriendly and tough to approach for young players, but Lakemore's game has always been about energy and physicality first, so he'll leave talking about the X's and O's and hockey IQ to players better suited than him to do so. (204 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Written Option 2

Starting her career, Lily missed the SMJHL draft by a few weeks, being picked up as an undrafted free agent. The Vancouver Whalers, consisting of aleks and seany, were the first team to reach out to want her on their team, which she happily accepted. Vancouver was a great place to start her career, as they were very competitive her first two seasons, with great playoff appearances each year, although no cup.

During the SHL draft, the New England Wolfpack were the main team interested in drafting Lily, and draft they did at the 19th overall spot in the first round of the draft. Even though Lily was far behind her draft class, luke and the wolfpack saw her potential as a max earner and cornerstone piece of the future, which she has done so far in her career. Analytics wise, upon getting drafted into the SHL, Lily was 30th in TPE in her class. Fast forward to now, she is 16th in her class and catching up rapidly!

169 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

Option 1
It is the start of the new season and the rookies have joined us on the ice for the start of training camp. They have just finished rookie camp however rookie Camp is nothing compared to the main training camp with many veterans and another level of competition for them to face. All of us were rookies once so we know what it's like to be on the ice for the first time with people that are professionals and how intimidating it can be. That's why for me the best thing I can do to help a rookie is just be a friend to them and not be hard on them for the first couple of practices. They will be nervous when doing drills and attempting to show their skill without messing up which often leads to more mistakes then if they were playing easygoing and natural. I hope to make them feel comfortable in practice so that they can show their best skill on the ice for the coach and for the rest of the team. It is the best for everyone if they can build up their confidence to be the best player they can, as we will need them when the regular season comes to create better depth within the lineup.

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Written 1

Well the fun part about Seattle right now is that we’re pretty much all new. This team really is being built from the ground up, so the process of getting us all on board, is really getting each other on board. I’m welcoming my fellow players to the team just as much as they’re welcoming me. We simply are the identity of the team, and there’s still many more seasons, weeks and months from now, to continue to create something that we really feel like we need to welcome someone to. In the sense that we are currently establishing what it is to be an Argonaut, at which point we can inspire, educate, and integrate people into that system. It’s a really exciting prospect, and something I’ll be taking great pride in here as a sim league vet, but a relatively new SHL member. Taking that amalgamation of what I know works in a variety of contexts and using that to try to build the perfect vibe from scratch, and getting to do that with some awesome members as well!