Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2024, 06:37 PM by Toast.)

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

it is always a fun time when the team gets some new rookies who are first breaking into the league and trying to make a name for themselves and an impact on the team and the league at large. the energy is high as the entire team can always feel the excitement from the new players, as well as the nerves. rip thunderdome, defenseman currently playing for the tampa bay barracuda likes to help new players get acclimated to the barracuda and playing in the pros. he does his best to make the new players comfortable, like they are respected as a person by the room and that all of us are rooting for them to succeed. on the ice, rip thunderdome talks to the rookie player constantly, making sure they know what is going on and are becoming familiar with the team's system. overall its important to treat rookies well as that is whats best for their development and the team culture

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Quote:Graphic Option: Create an image showing your player helping one of their teams rookies or prospects in any way.

Colorado Raptors' alumni Xavier Beausoleil has a locker room talk with the team's most recent addtions, @jason97 's Normand Marineau and @Arctic 's Clark Kent .

[Image: jgrS43B.png]

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

Written Option 1:

Generally speaking, I like to leave it to the grizzled veterans of the team to help bring the rookies into the fold and welcome them to the team. Of course, I am aging and falling off a cliff, but still don't look at myself like a veteran. So at this stage in my career, I have very little experience helping out rookies and making them feel at home. I missed the window to get that sort of experience, so I will definitely fall into the category of "the quiet loner type" that the young players stay away from while we're at the arena or in the room. Pretty much everyone on the team is good about helping out the rookies and showing them a thing or two, so I'm not picking a favorite. Evil AllBran is the oldest player I've ever seen, so that would have to be the safe pick, but I don't know because I don't interact with the youngsters and never will.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2024, 07:25 PM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ongo Gablogian doesn’t help out the new guys because he IS a new guy on the Buffalo Stampede. One thing that the general manager did to welcome Ongo Gablogian to the Buffalo Stampede was fire him as assistant general manager pretty much immediately. So that’s cool. Other than that, they’ve basically left me to rot at the bottom of the scoring sheet with 6 points in 17 games. But he has a plus five, so that’s good I guess. The thing of it is is that I’m never really in the locker room anymore since I’m so busy with real life, so even if anyone in there was going to help me (which I’m sure they would), I am never in there. Though to be fair, I’ve been in there since like 2016 or something so they’re definitely awesome people and they have absolutely helped me in the past. Even tho the new gm is my mortal enemy, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

philippe eko eel has made it a point to get the new rookies acclimated to the ways of the league and more specifically the team. this season the atlanta inferno are calling up three hotshot big name high talent promising future rookies by the names of Violet Stoica and Mia Lavoie and Edouard Lavoie - these three are gonna need to be shown the ropes as quickly as possible and for players of the atlanta inferno one of the most important elements of that is getting pinged by users such as hotdog in PTs so to get used to getting pinged in PTs, philippe eko eel is gonna start pinging them in PTs since that's probably the best way to get used to it @Amidships @Kyamprac @Renomitsu. to be perfectly clear, this is not hazing - atlanta does not condone hazing - and this pinging happens to veteran players, too; for example, usually it's a pretty good bet that my PT (once a week or thereabouts) will ping @goldenglutes and probably an even better bet that he will ping me in his. anyway, the rookies are getting shown the ropes kindly and calmly and should look forward to getting pinged in inane, hard to read PTs throughout the remainder of their lives

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

O2

There is no doubt in Nash's mind that the first person that really saw talent in Nash to be a long standing player in the SHL was none other than the Buffalo GM (now the co-gm) Tomen. Its hard to pick someones brain and figure out exactly why Buffalo traded all the way up to obtain the first overall pick so they could draft Nash but it seems like there were a lot of intangibles in play as there were really a lot of good users in his draft class. It must have been the general drive and determination that Nash always show and that little extra glint in the eye that showed that Nash would be able to fulfill his potential as a defenseman. In the rookie season for Nash when he was finally called up, even though he was a depth defenseman the team managed to bring home the Challenge cup and that really helped build a good base for Nash in his SHL career.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Journey Man is one of the rookies himself this season, but luckily Montreal has a lot of great minds on the roster. Man does have somewhat of a mentor presence among the rookies, as the knowledge that he'll likely depart the team this offseason actually gives the other rookies a sense of security in confiding with Man. Journey is seen as very open and forefront, and the rookies, as well as the rest of the staff, know what they're getting from him. For many of the rookies, this is the first time moving from their home cities, so Journey's plethora of experience being in new places has been a huge asset for his teammates. For Journey, having a lot of other rookies around, from all over the world, all sharing a similar experience together, has been wonderful, and he's looking forward to a strong season. It will be tough leaving Montreal by the end.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

Zedward enjoys offering a helping hand, when possible. It's a difficult balance between maturity and befriending them, however. Sometimes it's tricky to find the exact line. It's not always the best decision to go out drinking with the rookies at the bar the night before a game. Then again, it's also not the right decision to reprimand the rookies for being five minutes late to practice. Both of which are totally not based on real stories... So Zedward has resorted to google and yahoo answers for figuring out the delicate balance. Zedward has also found a lot of help from retired players and leaning on their experience to pick up a thing or two. The most helpful tip Zedward received was to "treat others as one would want to be treated by them." But unfortunately Zedward couldn't remember where he found this, so was unable to credit the person who wrote it.

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

Billy Herrington, with his years of experience and easygoing nature, is the type of player who goes out of his way to help rookies feel comfortable and confident when they join the team. He remembers what it was like to be the new guy, unsure of himself and trying to find his place, so he makes a point to reach out to every new face in the locker room. Billy’s approach is hands-on; he’ll invite the rookies to join him in his off-ice routines, like his daily meditation sessions or a friendly game of pickup basketball, to help them feel part of the team right away. Billy isn’t just about creating a relaxed atmosphere, though. He’s also serious about helping these young players develop their skills. He’s known to stay late after practice, offering tips on shooting techniques, positioning, or even how to handle the pressure of game day. Billy believes in leading by example, so he demonstrates the work ethic and dedication it takes to succeed in the league. While he’s open to helping everyone, if he sees a rookie with a particularly strong work ethic or someone who seems a bit lost, he’ll take them under his wing and offer more focused guidance. However, Billy also recognizes that some things are better left to others. He knows that teammate Shoyo Hinata, with his boundless energy and positivity, is the best person to help rookies adjust to the intensity of SHL life. Billy trusts Shoyo to motivate the new players and make sure they’re prepared for the challenges ahead. Together, Billy and Shoyo create a supportive environment that helps rookies thrive, blending relaxation and hard work into a formula for success.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Option 2 - 185 Word

Trevor is excited to be back in front of the camera, before be was in the ISFL, Lahey and his buddy’s were followed by a camera crew making a documentary, so it’ll be just like old times.  In order to make a documentary normally you go back to where it all started, your first season in the league, talk with who helped you along in your rookie season, you know, the people that you would call your mentors. That’s hard for Trevor to admit that he had help, even though ever on has help. But there are 2 people that stand out during his rookie season. Those two people would 2 of people drafted at the same time as lahey, those people are Trashae and Aephino. They were a huge help to helping him get settled in the league. In fact when it was time to get called up to the big leagues, he managed to stay on the same team as Aephino, but both of them would probably say that Trevor is very hard headed but a great person to have on your team.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Although it seems just like yesterday that Emeric began his career with Kelowna, his final season in the J is rapidly approaching. He has found himself being in a position where he is becoming one of the older players on the team. As such, he has taken it upon himself to help the new guys out in training.

Gagner quickly realized, however, that he can sit back and simply watch the other players do the practicing under the guise of teaching them. He is actually managing to have to train less and less over time, and the coaches don't notice it since they're focusing more on the new players to get them up to speed. Whether this lack of practicing will catch up to him remains to be seen, but at the moment he's certainly enjoying coasting through his last seasons of junior hockey. Either way, it is clear that Emeric Gagner is not leadership material, and should not be trusted to help train the rookies.

166 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

For better or for worse, Violet is one of the new faces to the team -- so she certainly can't really orient or help out others on the team! Thankfully, she has excellent mentors like Jae-ik Barron and grizzled veteran Binko Koivu to get her where she needs to be (ideally to be a serviceable center). Other times, help can come from the front office -- like from the general managers like @micool132 and staff at the arena and practice facility to help her figure out important things (mostly like where the bathroom is and making a decent schedule). She's found non-players most helpful for anything not involving practice, though Philippe-Eko Eel did show her some cool spots to just chill out and recollect herself when stressed. Ultimately the vast majority of her time is spent building synergy with her fellow rookies Mia and Edouard Lavoie. They're a very young line for the SHL and are definitely taking their lumps, but sometimes that can be the best teacher.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!