Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2:
Leo’s career is just starting in the SHL, but his teammates and coaches from the J would have a lot to say. Ramen would be the first person interviewed because he’s the one who drafted Leo and brought him from a 61st overall pick to arguably one of the greatest defenseman in Quebec City history. They could also interview a lot of Leo’s teammates especially those who he was drafted with. Celeste Desjardins is an obvious pick for it as they have been best friends with Leo since the first day. Juan Tymer is also a great pick because of the Latvia connection and they shared a blue line throughout 4 years. Froya, Sonja, Abdi are also great picks as well. Valters Denisova, my old player, was also important in Leo’s development and became a second father figure towards him while he was younger(you’d know this if you read my media Wink ) Leo has a lot of people that would vouch for him when he was up and coming so it would fairly easy for them to find people to interview.

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

Written option 1

Sim Wen, defender extraordinaire from the Atlanta Inferno hockey team based in the Simulation Hockey League is not exactly the nurturing type when it comes to the locker room and rookies and is definitely not gonna be taking someone under his wing. He's practically a rookie himself too or at least he feels like it so he's more than happy to let someone else take the reins on that and not let him ruin some poor rookie's future by acting like him. Instead he's happy to pass it off to an old alumni of the team Angus McPipe @micool132 who's practically like an uncle for those on the team. That's not to say that Sim Wen won't give out some very helpful advice to the rookies if they ask or even if they don't ask and he just feels like yapping to them. Really he knows better but will always be happy to take a rookie out for a night on the town to help them settle in better.

169 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

For Cade de Vries, for the documentary they first wanted to see his family, since they were the first ones that put him on skates. For his parents, ice skating had a special place for both of them since it was their first date and subsequent anniversaries. So, when de Vries was 3, he could ice skate (Well, as well as a toddler could, lets be honest with ourselves here). Then, at the age of 5, de Vries was glued to the floor tv watching Olympic hockey, so they got him enlisted into the local junior hockey club, ran by AJAX (The football team, no idea why they are doing hockey now, diversification?). Anyways, when de Vries was 7, he was already head and shoulders above everyone else his age, skill wise and size wise. They also interviewed his U10 coach, as he was the one that first encouraged the "rougher" side of de Vries play, by teaching him how to properly hit opponents, how to not get in the penalty box, and how to make the hit last for the entire game or beyond
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2024, 02:49 AM by Seany148.)

Option 2

For starters, I’d say the most important person in my player’s career has to be @SouthPaw, without him there’s no Ozolins. He might say I was a lot to handle but that he’s proud of what I’ve become, and add a compliment or two because he’s just the best, he only sees the good in everyone and is just too sweet. Another very relevant person was @TheGreatToeJam, the other Maine GM from when Edžus played there. I don't go to Maine, I probably don’t get the necessary push to develop my player if it isn't for our scouting convo. Another gem of a person that’s helped Ozolins in the very beginning (and still does) is Justin Time, a goalie that never hesitated to take the net and let Ozolins practice his shots (it was rather easy, Ozo would keep missing. Lastly, lately a big inspiration was @lore AKA Viktor Hargreeves, a player Ozo has been looking up to despite their relative closeness in age, just an amazing player by an amazing user, both of which are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, Lore in his positivity and Vik in the scoring races.

192 words

The one thing ill always praise Nevada Battleborn on is the way they welcome the rookies into the SMJHL. It helped me out so much when I joined the league, how open they were and how they not only brought me in but made it a point to help me succeed. Being able to walk into a dressing room and a discord and you are able to get build help and the support system to not only build a better player but have any question you need answered, answered, its a huge stepping stone in an organization. I know with future players I would have no issue recommending them to sign or ask to be drafted by them, and it is 100% would be a team I would love to reunite with when my next player enters the league. The GM's then and the GM's now are top notch its a program heading in the right direction and will always be staple in the SMJHL.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

prompt 2:

I think again, better to talk about the players I didn't draft myself as my own GM :D Doskočil was originally drafted in the 4th round, 32nd overall to Halifax by a user named King. He has lasted the grand total of about 2 more weeks in the league before leaving the SHL after some multi allegations popped up if I remember correctly, and so suddenly the person that originally saw the light at the end of the tunnel for my player wasn't there anymore. I afterwards played a bit under Jayhawk, and then entered the SHL draft only to leave the pool very early at 8th to Manhattan. @JayWhy absolutely is a massive influence on who I am nowadays in this league, both as a player and as a GM, and it all started because he really needed a Dman that draft and I was the highest available player left on his draft board.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]