Create Account

S78 SMJHL PT #5 - Playoff Dreams Due: Sunday, September 15th @ 11:59 PM PST

We've wrapped up the last games of the regular season. It's playoff time!

Written Option: How did your team prepare for the playoffs? (150 word min.)

Graphic Option: Create a game day program for a playoff matchup involving your team. Must include 2 team logos and 1 render.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all the requirements for any of the options. (You only need to do one of the options to get the credit and wont get additional credit even if you do more than one).

All responses are due on Sunday, September 15th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Reminder that Discord only hosts images for very limited time so you should use something else for hosting images.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

Only S78 SMJHL rookies (S79 players) are eligible for this task.

If your player is S80 (shown after name on portal), this is not for you.

For the Quebec City Citadelles, preparing for the playoffs was way more about resting up after that absolute thunderdome of an early schedule and a stumble in the last week or so of the season. For Dejana Kaptina, it's mostly just been doing a lot of work on the mental side of the game. She takes regular meditation classes and has been trained in tai chi. Obviously, hockey is a physical sport, but it's also a mental one too and she wants to make sure she can be in the head space necessary to handle the pressures of postseason hockey. She's doing plenty of work on the ice too, trying to get those last few gains that will help push Quebec City forward despite the odds stacked against them. Soon, she and the rest of the team will be hopping on a plane to interior BC... Game 1 of the first round series against the Knights can't come soon enough.

[Image: valpix.gif][Image: 20XRTsR.png]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: kcP9WEd.png]
Citadelles Switzerland
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The season has come to a close and it's time to look back on what it took to bring us here. For me personally what I have seen amongst the members is tight communication in the locker room. If I had questions to ask there was always an answer despite being that new rookie who just kept on buggin, I was never told I was a nuisance or to be quiet. When I asked for build advice I was shown where to round my attributes, when I asked about how to make that sick grapchic on the side for the between games down time period to have something to do so I wouldn't lose my mind I was pointed in the right direction. When there was talk about new captains to better our team management there was discussion that the team as a whole would come to the conclusion of who would be the best pick. All in all no matter what the final standings ended up being what makes us stronger every season is all players on the team standing together and pulling their own weight to get to that final goal of the season. I cannot wait to see what the future seasons bring and when we finally stand on top how rewarding it will be to look back on all the baby steps it took to get here. Every ssecond counts, every minute counts, every day every month every year. Counts. 

Let's make it count.   Tidal

Unjustified , unexplained, underrated.

pt pass

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

The Maine started preparing for the playoffs a little while ago. We've been talking about it for a while since we were doing really well in the regular season, almost breaking records. But we know that it doesn't matter going into the playoffs. The only thing that we really wanted was home ice as much as possible and got will have it as long as we're alive. We have a really good team that has a lot of veteran players. We also know that we have a window to win so we're not taking this lightly. As for Anthony Louchard, he's ready for some playoffs action. While he liked putting points on the board during the season, he worked hard on his defensive side lately, renforcing those areas to be as efficient as possible on a 3rd line in the playoffs. The big guns will do the job in offense and we'll be good defensively and in net. We're confident and going for it, GO TIMBER !

(173 words)

anchorage's preparation for the playoffs was dominated mainly by studying the tape. the armada shocked most of the league this year by finishing second in the regular season standings, playing as a team and well beyond their tpe-based means to look the part of a cup contender. so the big thing for the boats in the lead in to the playoffs was to make sure they knew their opponents, the thunder bay walleye, in and out. thunder bay might've finished second bottom, but any team can make a run come playoff time if everything falls together, so the boats are taking this seriously. they've been watching back tape from their games this year (4-1-1 against thunder bay in their 6 games during the regular season) to make sure they know everything the walleye have, and what is expected to be thrown at them. should be a good series.

Armada

Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

For my team, I think we would have started our preparations for the playoffs by reviewing our regular season to see where our strengths were at, where our weaknesses were, what we could improve, and so on. From there, I can see us spending the better part of several days to weeks training, running drills, and otherwise working to shore up our weak points. Once we had drilled enough, I see our coaching staff providing each of the team individual tips and coaching on where we were faltering. These individual faults would be further corrected in training in the weeks leading up to the first play off round, with the intensity of the training likely dropping off as we got closer to the day of the first round. In addition to this, I would imagine that our GM and coaching staff would allocate the team a week of rest to ensure that we were not too overly taxed from training. While I am not sure if it would allow us to beat the Timber, I think it would provide the Tidal with their best shot of doing so.

Words: 188

[Image: sjqfd8w.png]
[Image: GOyuSj0.png]

The Great Falls Grizzlies will be facing the defending 4-Star cup champions in the Vancouver Whalers in the opening round of the playoffs. To prepare for this upcoming matchup, the Grizzlies analyzed their previous 4 regular season games against Vancouver, in which the Grizzlies went 2-1-1 against them this season.

The next thing would be to see who has fallen flat against them and check on their conditioning to ensure that they are not only in shape physically but also mentally and in TPE and game ready form.

Then the grizzlies must take a look at the line chemistries to ensure that they have the best possible line combinations.

Then, management throws a curveball and has the team hike around the city, and they have to do it in a certain amount of time or a punishment would be assessed, usually in the form of old, rubbish gear they had to wear during practice, in a way to humble any fragile egos among their ranks.

With these preparations complete, the Grizzlies are ready to take on anyone.

(180 words)

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

With only a few days off between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs, the Armada went to a mountain retreat near Denali.  Away from the distractions of town life, the players were able to have a quiet team-only weekend to recover and recharge for the task ahead of them. The early March weather -- still mostly below freezing -- made it hard to spend too much time outdoors, but a team snowshoeing hike was an invigorating chance to explore the raw Alaskan wilderness and experience the stunning mountain views in all their glory. The team bonded in a way not possible during the day-to-day hustle shuttling between hotels, coaches, airports, and arenas. The trip gave the team both a sense of perspective and inspiration; the players understood how lucky they were to have this opportunity to bring success to their adopted home of Anchorage, and were determined that nothing could stop them on their road to victory.

[Image: Uy7TeEn.jpeg]

The Anchorage have been preparing for the playoffs with big bowls of pasta. Some video games and screen time. After a tough season the best way to be prepared for the finals is resting. Keep those legs high, cold baths, lots of massages and a weekend at a spa. The sore muscles will be no more when the boats start boating.
There have however been some reports of activities in the dark. The tactics are rumord to be changed to fit the opponent as bad as possible. Checking videos, looking over and over at the big and minor mistakes the Armada can use for their own advantage. Going over the statistics, who in the Walleyes drops the most pucks. Who may have an old injury that we can make worse. what goalie let the puck passed in the five holes and what goalie is a clear butterfly to aim high on.
But the preperation i think makes Anchorage the real contender is the big bowls of pasta. Carbs is what makes the difference.

Thunder Bay are underdogs in the first round, but we are taking this as seriously as the top seeds. We want to win. The GMs have scouted and adjusted our strategy to deal with the Anchorage Armada’s offensive threat, Jefferson Steelflex as well as their trio of rookie defenders who performed at an extremely high level their rookie year.

In the locker room, the team is preparing ourselves mentally. The underdog status takes some of the pressure off. We don’t have media breathing down our neck like our opponent do, and we hope to use that to our advantage. The feeling in the locker room has been positive. We believe we have a chance, but we are also focused on what we need to do to build the next few years of Thunder Bay’s relocation and rebuild. Getting in last minute film and workouts is always helpful, too.

Sink the ships!

The Detroit Falcons have been matched up with the St. Louis Scarecrows in the first round of the playoffs this year. To prepare for this, the Falcons went back and watched tapes of their matchups throughout the season. The teams met up 6 times during the regular season. In these six contests, Detroit lost to St. Louis only one time. With this knowledge, the team practiced strategies that helped them beat the Scarecrows. The two teams are familiar, but the Falcons don't want to be too careful in how they approach these next games. The playoffs are a different beast, and all teams will be doing everything in their power to make it to the next step. The Falcons plan to do the things that have worked for them and it makes sense. They kept up in the race all year long, and finished the regular season one point ahead of the Scarecrows. These two teams are sure to deliver an exciting first round in the playoffs.

The Colorado Raptors are coming into the postseason with a lot of momentum, as they ended the season quite well. Some big wins versus Maine, Yukon, and their first-round opponent Carolina gave the entire squad a big confidence booster with the playoffs starting today. Management implemented some additional training sessions in the last few weeks to have everybody in shape for what they hope to be a long postseason run. Some group activities and dinners have also been had to further gain chemistry amongst the team. The coaching staff is trying to implement the one-game-at-a-time mentality, so this week has been spent watching a lot of film on the Carolina Kraken. Having gone 4-2 versus the Kraken this season, with some very close games along the way, the Raptors have been studying to get any extra advantage against their long-time rivals. With this being Marineau's first post-season birth, he is excited for the chance to be a real game-changer for the Raptors and hopefully stand with his teammates as they raise the cup.

[173 words]

[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

For the Whalers at the beginning of the season, it wasn't looking amazing. They were one of the last teams in the standings in the first few games, and all season have been slowly climbing up the ranks, and now sit around the middle, going up and down every day. The Whalers have devoted most of the season trying to strengthen their lines and winning more games (as all teams do) not trying to be the best but settling for the best they can get. The Whalers now sit in the playoffs against Great Falls, and have won their first game against them 5-to 3, so far a promising playoff run. The Whalers were definitely not the strongest team in the regular season, but they have proven worthy and are now looking ok for the playoffs. The Whalers will be a strong competitor in the following days. They just have to win all they can, whenever they can.

[Image: Dominic-Enselmo-sig.png]
Sig by Jove and thanks to Seany for setting me up
Whalers Dominic Enselmo/LW/Vancouver Whalers Whalers

The Carolina Kraken have their work cut out for them if they want to make a run in these playoffs. After a subpar regular season going 25-35-6 they will be facing tough opponents every step of the way. The focus in the locker room isn’t on the end of the playoffs. It is on the first round. All the players and staff are only focused on the events immediately in front of them. A week off between the end of the regular season and the start of the first round meant the Kraken spent a lot of time reviewing film. In six games against Colorado, the Kraken went 2-4 with two games going into extra time. These two teams may be closer than the standings appear. With a focus on film the Kraken are looking to shut down the top lines of Colorado and keep the team quiet in their own building. With the Krackheads screaming their heads off, the Kraken will be determined to give the fans what they want at home.

Go Kraken