Create Account

S78 PT #5: Playoff Woahs and Woes Due: Sunday, September 15th @ 11:59 PM PST

Ubba Lodbrok, center for the Philly Forge, in the Eastern Conference of the Simulation Hockey League, former player for the Anchorage Armada of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, has only one mind set during the playoffs. Don't lose. He's not there to wow the crowd, he's not there to show off a fancy play they came up with, he's not there to be the hero. He's there to not lose the game. Because if they lose the game, then his season is over and he won't win the cup. Obviously that's not the case every game, but it's the mentality to have when you're playing a rough and tough, hard hitting, exhausting both physically and mentally playoff series. If you lose the battle, you lose the puck, if you lose the puck you have to chase it and you lose the shift. If you lose the shift, your play could lead to you losing the period. If you lose the period, that's less of a chance to win the game. If you lose the game, you're down in the series. If you lose the series, you're done. If you let that losing mentality permeate through your head, then you could lose playing time and eventually lose your spot on the team. If you lose your spot on the team, you're now taking losses everywhere. Don't have a losing mentality. Don't change your play during the playoffs.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Ace Lightning plays for the Toronto North Stars, and of course we all know there have been some tough times over the last few seasons which include 4 first round exits over the 5 seasons he’s been in the league. Things are looking brighter now, but over the last five years, Lightning and the team have a set tee time at the famous frisbee golf course just outside of town. Beautiful place. This postseason though, it is likely that they will have to postpone plans with a long trip in the playoffs planned.

The North Stars also have a lovely fantasy football league that requires months of preparations, but unfortunately, any deep playoff run cuts into that time. They normally start their scouting the day after being eliminated in 5 games by the New England Wolfpack but that’s not going to happen this year.

In the last few years, it’s been easy to deal with defeat in the playoffs, however, they are now the favourites in the first round so a loss would be devastating.

Option 2: Since graduating to the SHL 3 seasons ago, this is Rence Sykut's first taste of the playoffs. The biggest rush of his career so far has been scoring his first playoff goal in game two against the Panthers, albeit in a losing effort. The uptick in intensity has been noticeable compared to the regular season and Rence is doing his best to match the tenacity of the other team and the raucousness of the crowds. Most of all, he is just trying to take it all in because his previous two seasons have ended in the regular season instead of the playoffs so he knows not to take it for granted. He has handled the lack of team success well, though, returning to the gym almost immediately once the offseason has started. Nonetheless, he hopes to be one of those 17 players lifting the cup soon with the promising future Seattle has in front of them.

157 words

Written 1:
If you want to survive the playoffs in any sport especially the SHL you really need to be able to manage the highs and the lows. Of course this is even more difficult when you are on home ice the crowd is getting into it and almost pulling you into the fight and giving you that extra boost of energy so why not embrace it! Cale love getting the crowd going in warmups and will even look to the to try and pump them up with waving his arms in the air. On top of that he credits them for giving him that extra boost in his skating stride that lets him lay a bigger hit or get in front of that shot and block it all together. It really turns into a give and take to give the crowd something to cheer for an in return feel the energy that they provide you. Nothing beats being on the road and being able to hear the pin drop as you put the dagger into the opponent.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Written Option 1

Oliver Cornwall knows that Playoff time is no time to change what got you to the dance, it’s only time to dial all of that up to 10. He refuses to fall into the traps of trying to make fancy plays only to turn the puck over, unlike certain forwards who may have been drafted slightly before him, @Popol

Cornwall knows that when the puck hits the ice for the most important time of year, consistency is king. As such, he keeps making the plays that brought them there. He lays the body when given the chance and consistently makes a great first pass to get the puck moving up the ice. While he started the season with a goal scoring surge, Oliver knows that isn’t the key part of his game. He just keeps floating pucks on net where the forwards can make a play, and continues to trust the process to bring home another 4 star cup.

[Image: UufQtZ0.png]
sig credits to @Nokazoa
[Image: wkhxpJS.png]

PT pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Will Tomlander is not really the type of player to try and change his game during the playoffs. He is the type to basically raise it to 110 percent or even 120 percent if possible. Everything gets more effort, whether it be blocking a shot, trying to land a hit on an opposing player, shooting at the goalie, even hustling to the bench. Those are the type of things that he wants to ensure happens during the playoff game in order to maximize the chances of his team winning. And in the end, as it proved out, even if his team loses he leaves the ice knowing that he gave it all out there and did not hold back a little bit. That is the type of hockey that should be played during the playoffs and how it should be in order to truly show the hockey spirit that lives in the heart of hockey players everywhere around the world.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: A3AlstA.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2024, 08:41 AM by Juho. Edited 1 time in total.)

So my player ussualy just goes in with the feeling one series at a time not really thinking about the finals until that time has come and also trying not think about the odds most of the time to avoid the presure and the less pressure you have the greater the preformance you have. Also kaarlo koivunen doesn't go golfing if they lose in the plaoyffs but he will try to improve for the next season to be even better and better every season to make sure the playoff chanches and winning them are even higer season by season
but sometimes also the pressure of thniking about the odds etc comes then kaarlo koivunen just tries to live with it and not think about it much to avoid the effect of the pressure and to make it effect less on his game so he can still play pretty much the same level even if not better since others could have more pressure to them

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

The trick play isnt really a trick play and more so a play that has died as time has went on with analytics and the way sticks are made. The Slap shot. No one expects anyone to really take the time to take one now a days because of the time needed to set it up and the inaccuracy that it can cause as a player. Being someone who plays defense the expectation a slap shot could still happen is there for many players and with how hard Mikkel shots - many forwards want to try and avoid actually blocking it too often. So the fake slap shot - followed by a real one thats low for big juicy rebounds as the forward positions in the face off dot in opposite side is a set play many can expect but never know when its about to happen. Keeping the anticipation and excitement around the play ever present. Mind you Montreal has an allergy for playoffs so maybe it can be seen one day.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2024, 02:32 PM by Froste39. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well you see, in playoff hockey, the stakes a insurmountably higher than in just "normal" season hockey which in turns means that a lot of players would probs wanna pull off even more big plays or - in Gino's case - saves to get everyone going. But not every player is that much of a hype guy. Some of them are just built different tbh, meaining that they don’t really care too much about making the crowd go wild or pulling off some fancy move. They’re all about keeping it simple and staying cool under pressure, perhaps even spreading calmness to their teammates, who seem to overheat on the pressure.

This type of player isn’t chasing the glory or the highlight reel. They stick to what they do best, making the smart and pragmatic plays/saves. I consider Gino to be one of these people. Nature of Goalies, even more so than Skaters however, is that a lot of saves naturally look flashy, so even if he does want to keep it simple, chances are it will still look pretty cool.

Me and the homies are all creating a group dance that will surely knock the socks off of all those in attendance. To start the dance, the first thing we do is have all the teammates go back to the locker room because this is my show dammit I want the spotlight and I will not share it. Then I take my ice skates off because they're just gonna get in the way of my sick moves and we can't have that this is my moment. This is the part of the dance where I attempt to perform the Cha Cha Slide on ice, which is my destiny. It does not work and I slide on the ice and break my leg, resulting in a need to be stretchered out. None of my teammates support me in my recovery cause they're all still mad about me stealing the spotlight. I think the fans are really gonna love this one and I'll become somewhat of a folk hero

Written Option 2:
Unfortunately for me and my short SHL career, I haven't had much success in the playoffs. I made it one time, but I was destroyed in the first round by Texas, losing the series 1-4. I didn't deal with the pressure very well. I had an .863 save percentage and an almost 7 goals against average. It was tough for me both physically and mentally. Playoff hockey is a different breed. I think with time and experience I'll eventually become better in the playoffs, and be able to handle the pressure on me more. It was definitely tough being a young rookie and staring like that. After we lost I took some time off to relax and deal with my mental health before fully diving back into hockey and working out to prepare for the next season. I did play a few games of golf with the boys though. You have to play SOME golf in the offseason. I think it's a requirement to be a hockey player honestly.

[Image: Mendhall.png] [Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Malamutes syndicate Usa   Malamutes syndicate  Usa

*Thank you Nokazoa and Squid for the sigs!

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Viktor has led an extraordinarily charmed hockey career, and he's very much aware of that fact. Looking back it seems downright bizarre that he's managed to have his name etched in both the 4-Star and Challenge Cups, and just added another gold medal to his international accolades that now total one WJC and two IIHF first place finishes. There is quite literally no level of play at which he hasn't managed to reach the top, and he feels so incredibly charmed by that fact that he tries to avoid it being noticed at all. Yet still, every one of those wins sit among exponentially more losses and disappointments. Pressure isn't really a...factor when it comes to the playoffs/high stakes games, as Viktor is simply always simmering on high perfectionism. He could be making scrambled eggs and it would be the same. When he DOES fail, which is of course utterly unavoidable in life, Vik likes to be alone somewhere very quiet as he has a particularly hard time reaching that inner calm when there's distractions. If asked what would be the perfect place for that, he'd probably cite somewhere tree-dense and far from the roads in a national/provincial/whatever state parks are called park.

Code:
206 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]