Create Account

S78 PT #5: Playoff Woahs and Woes Due: Sunday, September 15th @ 11:59 PM PST

So like - yeah my head is pretty concerned about how the playoffs go, but I have a lot of ways of taking it easy at the same time. So this is probably my most white woman SBNR type opinion but I love me some aromatherapy. Put on a scorching bath, pour some scented soap or a bath bomb or whatever in that bitch, and just streeeetch… heaven in porcelain for sure. Music helps me out too. I’m a bit out there I suppose. Anything with discernible and logical structure is just too connected to physical reality and puts my mind off. I need melted sludge put on tape. Early James Ferraro, early Spencer Clark, some Eric Copeland (my personal recommendation is Hermaphrodite), Asleep Country, etc. Just nice to live in a world of sonics for a little while. God knows I could use the escapism. Don’t need pucks down my pants any more than they already are.

Ana's no stranger to pressure, and going into her senior season playoffs it's no different. Despite having won the SMJHL MVP award twice in her short career, she's still never been able to parlay that performance into a deep playoff run, and there's added pressure on her knowing that it's her last chance to do it before going up to play in Calgary next season. In the past Ana has had issues with overthinking strategy during the playoffs which negatively affects the quality of her play, so in this playoff run she's just tried to focus on having a short memory and taking things one shot or one period at a time. So far the strategies have been effective as she just made it to her first conference final of her career, but the real test will come in that semifinal as the Falcons run into the most dominant team in the league in the Maine Timber. While her regular-season performance was just average, it seems that Ana is now peaking at just the right time to go on a deep playoff run.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Option 2:
Gordon William Gibbles tends to focus on each game as they come and tries to do his part. He was raised on the knowledge that hockey is a team sport and no single player is going to win the entire playoffs for their team. He does his best to step up when possible and hopes that his high level of play will help inspire and lead his teammates. He also learned from his father that defeat is not the end. It's okay to be frustrated with a fast playoff exit but it's what you do with yourself after that defines the type of player you are. He starts his offseason with a week of vacation and family time before he returns to the grind to come back even better next season. There have been rumors swirling during the current offseason that GW has been spotted in Honolulu with singer Sabrina Carpenter. The tabloids are already going crazy at the possibility of a budding romance.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

Sim Team Head - PT Pass

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

yeah binko of the koivu family and of koivu fame of the atlanta inferno really likes to show off for the play offs with some theatrics because he is a big fan of theatre and other versions of theatre like cinema or some may even say kino ha @Duff101 @hotdog am i rite or am i wrong any way binko loves his theatrics and he does like to perform for the crowd some times and during the play offs he likes to shoot the puck really hard at the glass during the games when he is trying to dump the puck so that he can try to shatter the glass to the best of his ability so that the fans get some free glass shard memorabilia to take home although there is a slight chance that the glass that they take home may be embedded in their bodies somewhere oh well that's theatre for you! woo! theatrics! yeah! let us go atlanta inferno!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Task 2:
They playoffs are the most brutal and rigorous games played all year. Every battle on the wall, every loose puck, every bounce could be the difference of your dreams coming true or heart break. I myself have played in 3 cup finals in my career, and I walked out of 2 of them holding the cup over my head. Even in those times where you feel like you are down and out, it just takes one person to step up and be a hero. I remember being down 3-1 against Texas, the locker room may as well have been a cemetery. Our manager came in and told us he believed in us, and he knew we had what it took to hang in there. Just one game at a time, we clawed our way back. Each game someone stepped up to share the load of the team and we eventually overcame the demon of doubt. When you lose hope you lose everything.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Written Option 2:

Slip McScruff has a lot of experience losing but only a little bit of experience losing in the playoffs. It can't be that much harder than losing in the regular season, you just need to let your opponent score more than you. I think each year older he gets makes the significance of a playoff chance even greater, but it's still just as easy to lose. In fact, being older makes it easier to lose because everyone else is so much faster than you.

If Slip finds himself on a playoff team again, he would probably be the most outspoken hype man in the locker room. There would be no time for stress because there's only time for party. When he inevitably loses in the first round, I think he would be the biggest train wreck on the team. However, he's become a local at a few great golf resorts so that pain would quickly blend into routine and Bloody Mary.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

ISFL Affiliate