Create Account

Poll: Do you enjoy mock draft for TPE
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
23.81%
15 23.81%
No
76.19%
48 76.19%
Total 63 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you enjoy mock draft for tpe?

I've long believed that the mock should be for the draft class only. It is fun to be in the class server with everyone talking about their scouting, where they think they might go and where they want to go. Those folks have direct but inconclusive information without having to go hunting for leaks or figuring out who to copy. Yeah, it might end up with everyone in the class posting the same mock and getting the same TPE, but it's basically a group project as is.

For people who haven't even played in the J for an IRL year, it's an absolute hassle and hardly worth the 4 TPE you get from randomly copying someone. There's already enough to do in the off-season with CW, ASW, and IIHF; let the mock go.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

I got no opinions on this but I love the conversation around it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

what having me bitching about the mock for like 2 years at this point does to an owl Tongue

[Image: valpix.gif][Image: 20XRTsR.png]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: kcP9WEd.png]
Citadelles Stampede
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

When will the J mock draft get the option to do "top 10" similar to SHL's mock draft
[Image: 1213241499295158282.gif?size=96&quality=lossless]

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: aRCIyeu.png]
[Image: KS8UYv9.png] [Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
Thank you @Stadacona for the Chaewon player sig!

09-30-2024, 01:48 PMluke Wrote: I got no opinions on this but I love the conversation around it

Same. Maybe I'll choose a more opinionated take to stoke the flames though

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

09-30-2024, 10:38 AMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: As a GM, kinda hate them. Would love people to just be able to enjoy the surprise.

^^

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

I liked the mock draft when I was in the J but now it is hard to get a feel for it without knowing all the players in the draft class and being in the rookie server. I think it should be a flat participation amount of TPE and then put in the the final 4 questions to earn an extra few tpe or just make the entire thing like the top 10 mock draft but expand it to top 15 or top 20 so you dont have to guess the exact position.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

I wouldn't say I enjoy doing them but I do like that they're there. And I have probably lost out on a ton of TPE since I have no one leaking me info + just go off vibes.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2024, 01:31 PM by Froste39. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think a Mock Draft is an easy way to add to the realism aspect of Sim leagues. That said without huge media outlets dropping hot takes and leaking intel you lose out on ways to make the Mock more predictable.

Also, while I really like that the league went back to a Prospect tourney, we all know that performance there is mostly meaningless as we search for users with good earning/communication instead.
This is not the NFL were a bad combine drops you a round. The bad predictability makes grading it with TPE unfair imo as, as it was mentioned here several times already, this will only benefit people with the right connections.

All things considered I would also endorse to keep the Mock Task with a TPE reward for participation and a prize money reward for every correct guess.

This way we keep the realism part somewhat alive (it is fun to do as draftee at least), but not punish people for not blackmailing GM's for trade secrets.

[Image: zowAsIS.jpeg]

I think the Top 10 format takes alot of the headache away. I was someone not willing to obsess over good mock info when it was the old format, so i would average low TPE. Now with top 10, Im spending far less time on it and averaging the same to better total TPE. Thats great improvement in my eyes.

One bigger issue I see is if the mock draft is swapped to money as the reward, where will TPE variance come from? Hat Tricks and Primetimes feel like they offer almost no variance on average. Is it just up 1 / down 1 TPE per season based on these plus fantasy then? I kind of hate the idea that TPE earning becomes flat for everyone.

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

10-01-2024, 02:51 PMoknom Wrote: I think the Top 10 format takes alot of the headache away. I was someone not willing to obsess over good mock info when it was the old format, so i would average low TPE. Now with top 10, Im spending far less time on it and averaging the same to better total TPE. Thats great improvement in my eyes.

One bigger issue I see is if the mock draft is swapped to money as the reward, where will TPE variance come from? Hat Tricks and Primetimes feel like they offer almost no variance on average. Is it just up 1 / down 1 TPE per season based on these plus fantasy then? I kind of hate the idea that TPE earning becomes flat for everyone.
Season/playoff predictions and fantasy (sorry @Zerg) still provider a good amount of variance

I still think moving to TPE for participation and money for correct guesses is the right call fwiw, if only to stop bothering people for info and to keep drafts fun.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I’d prefer it just be for money. But, I still made 4 podcasts out of it.

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

Getting spammed in PMs by people trying to pry mock draft info out of me as a GM pissed me off so much. Why would I do that? Also, sometimes i really wouldn’t know who I was picking until the draft started, and then people would complain to me that I didnt know. It was annoying as fuck. And its not exactly a fun task for most users. Most people just find someone to copy, i know i do. The top 10 was a nice change 100%, but i would like to see the mock draft turn into a money for accuracy type task like many have suggested

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Could definitely be wrong, but I expect going from TPE to money doesn't really cut out a lot of the pestering GMs and other sentiments here.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2024, 09:48 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 4 times in total.)

Apparently it's an unpopular opinion, I actually like mock drafts. You have classes that are still remembered about 20 seasons later for embracing the draft (@S55 beans class) As a GM, I think it's pretty cool to see people who are engaged in the league and are passionate about doing something, am I going to reveal what my plans are as a GM when I'm reached out to?  no. 

did I enjoy GM average while a other top earners were typically picking up 5-7 more TPE when people were consistently doing full round 1 mock drafts? no, but it was worth the privilege of being GM (no longer really relevant because people don't do the longer one to the level it was being done). 

Maybe I'm out of touch but I'm reading into the changes of fantasy TPE and this discussion as people not being a fan of reward TPE for doing well at things and would instead to prefer a flat amount that everyone could earn each season...like capped TPE. Which would be a hilarious shift to go back to that I do not support.