Create Account

S78 All Star Week Due: Sunday, October 6th @ 11:59 PM PST

GM Pass

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

3 TPE - Affiliate (PBE): https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...ntry779879 
3 TPE - Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3572777
2 TPE - Prompt 2: 4 skaters from Los Angeles made it, should coaches try to keep them together or would you want to see things mixed up more?

I think all star games should be for the fans and for silly hijinks and therefore I would not have multiple players from the same team on the same line as much as possible. Fans have already seen them play together in the regular season and playoffs, mix it up! I think the coaches should focus on fan favourite shippings and imagined pairings in these games. I think also leaning into stuff like trade rumours and fantasy points to create lines would be a lot of fun. I think especially on the powerplay you should never put more than 2 of these players on the ice at once time.

109 words 

Total - 8 TPE

1. Milestones

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3572783

+1 TPE

9. We Had To Pick Someone

I am on one of the teams that only had one player sent to the All Star Game. In a fancy coincidence, the player who was sent also happens to be my player, Shadow Fenix. I would have loved to have a handful of my teammates at the All Star Game because being a young player in the league, it was very scary being surrounded by all the big guys. In particular, I think Will Tomlander should have made it as well. If Fenix made it, Tomlander, with only 4 points less, but much better advanced stats, Tomlander should have been included as well, but as per usual, he was snubbed. In general though, I think the distribution of All Star Games players is probably about where it needs to be. It is the All Star Game, it should have the best players in the league, not just including other teams for the sake of inclusiveness.

156 words, +3 TPE

6. Your player decides to start a youtube channel, what kind of content they are creating?

If Shadow Fenix were to start a YouTube channel, it would likely be filled with all kinds of Protoss Propaganda. Of course, it would all be true, but it would be propaganda all the same. He would talk about how nice their homeworld of Aiur is, how cool it is to have psyonic blades as a zealot, and that feeling of getting warped in wherever you are needed. After he finished talking about that, he would probably make some hockey related videos such as "Skating for Dragoons" because honestly there's not much content out there for dragoons looking into playing hockey. With their four legs and absolutely horrible collision detection, dragoons oftentimes have a very hard time at skating on the ice. Fenix was one who revolutionized the path-finding of dragoons on ice, and he has been using that skill to good use in the SHL. So of course he would make videos to help other prospective Protoss like him be able to get on the ice, and take their skills to the next level. Hockey is a relatively new sport for the Protoss, and thus, it's an untapped market opportunity. The opportunity for Fenix to make YouTube videos and become the next Paul Rudd is outstanding.

207 words, +4 TPE

----
+8 TPE

SMJHL HO Off-Season Pass

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

gm pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

1. Milestones +3

I think if you have a couple players on the team that have experience playing with each other, you keep them together. Chemistry is such a huge deal when it comes to how well teammates play together. Having a good chemistry right off the bat should help their team succeed. A coach should absolutely use this to their advantage. Mixing them into different lines can work too, they might find chemistry with other players, but it is a risky move. Of course lines can change at any time so maybe some slight experimenting can come up with good results. Regardless, coaches know what they are doing and will do whatever it takes to help their team win.
[117, +2]

Both teams are carrying really solid goalies, I would argue the West probably have the edge though. The West would have a harder time deciding between the two they have. Justin Time has been a fantastic goalie for a long time now, so I would give him the nod. Though I would not rule out rotating every game. The East net belongs to Tibuk Soonika in my opinion. Soonika was outstanding on Tampa Bay this season and will bring that fire needed for the All Star game. Not knocking on Five-Hole Sieve or Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz, the former being apart of the cup winning team.
[104, +2]

Luca Pane was born to run an Italian cooking YouTube channel. Everything from Pizzas and Pastas to Soups and Bread sticks, you come to Luca’s channel, you are going to leave hungry. Not only has Luca honed his hockey skills his life, his parents are chefs in Italy and excellent home cooked meals were an everyday thing.
[57, +1]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

2. We have seen these LA players play together all season long, and know what they can do together. I would split them up to give everyone a chance to make some new chemistry and have some fun. That being said, if they are down a bit midway through the third, I would put them back together because I know what they can do. 63 words 1TPE

4. Easy picks. One name you can't even say. Pretty sure he changes his a letter in his name every couple weeks and no one notices because they can't pronounce it anyway. Grz.. Brz... Zerg has to make it so difficult. In the east I have Soonika. Have to give the home stadium their own starting goalie. 58 words 1TPE

6. I would call my channel 'getting a good nights sleep' and it would just be videos of my in my bed sleeping. Each video would be at least 8 hours long, and it would show we getting into bed, falling asleep, then waking up and cut. This way I can call sleeping my job, and expense a really fancy comfortable bed and pillows. 63 words 1TPE

8. Peter Tingle is very deserving of being an All Star. NOLA doesn't have a ton of offensive firepower leading the league in points, but we are a very solid all around team. Because of this, it looks like we barely have anyone deserving of the game, but Tingle is an all around great player. Leading our next highest scorer by 7 goals, is a big reason we are even in the positive in goal differential. I expect Tingle to do even better when surrounded by other All Stars, and he will not look out of place at all. Don't underestimate him eastern team, he is coming for you! 110 words 2TPE

5TPE total

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2024, 02:35 PM by CloudRobot. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestone +1 TPE : (

13. 200 words +4 tpe
Honestly, I am not sure if I can make even the most biased, absurd argument for Mac Turner to win an award. That would be challenging for a couple reasons and I'll only tell you one now:Mac was kinda meh last season. The way Mac plays is very two way, defensive, not anything crazy you know? And most the people who win awards do some crzy stuff like score 2 bajilliion points. So I guess im left with just being forced to pick or make an award that Mac can win. This is not an easy task but I will try. he first thing that comes to mind is "Most Handsome" Mac is kind of like Pieree Engvall that way, but there are a lot of good looking people playing in the SHL. Now that I think of it, Mac Turner would 100% win the award for cutest Pet Owner and Pet. Mac has the most adorable and sometimes naughty pet elk, named Troy (no relation to @Troy_McClure03 ) No way could anyone else beat Mac Turner and his pet elk troy in that award competition! I cant even think of any who would give Mac a run for his money, honestly this should be an award @ shl HO, WE NEED THIS AWARD. Everyone submit the best picture of themselves and their pet and lets see whod win (hint it would be mac). 
14 + 3 TPE
[Image: aXYnacZ.png]

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

PBE Affiliate

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

1. Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3572842

+3 TPE

Code:
2. 4 skaters from Los Angeles made it, should coaches try to keep them together or would you want to see things mixed up more?
3. Before last player in votes all of the East defencemen are from different teams, which pairings you would create from them?
4. Which of the goalies you would have starting for each team?
5. What can city of Tampa Bay offer to players they are hosting for All-Star games?
6. Your player decides to start a youtube channel, what kind of content they are creating?
7. What would be your starting lineup, 3 forwards, 2 defencemen and a goalie for one of the SMJHL conferences?

2. I think whether to keep the Panthers together depends on the goal of the All-Star Game. If the coaches want to win, then it would be foolish not to take advantage of the chemistry these players have spent season(s) building with one another that allows them to be effective for their team. If the goal is to cater to the fans and enable combinations of some of their favorite players league wide and tinkering around with different lines and pairings to give supporters the opportunity to see what would normally only be on their fantasy teams in the flesh then I would consider splitting the players up. So really it depends on what the coaches want to get out of the game.

124 Words +2 TPE

5. Without being too morbid, I think the city can offer the players a lot of sand. Not just on the beaches, but like, everywhere. Thanks to Helene, Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg are not currently at their best. Seriously though, under normal circumstances the city can offer a lot, with a great Floridian climate and all the amenities that come with being on the gulf including watersports and deep-sea fishing. There is also a Busch Gardens amusement park and a pretty decent aquarium and zoo, all of which could be fun especially for those players who bring family to the big weekend.

102 Words +2 TPE

6. Given that Marek comes from an extensive craft beer background (it being the family business, after all) I think he would do a craft beer related channel. Reviewing beers, talking about beer, maybe even a hot-ones style show where he tosses out some samples with a special guest from the Forge or wider SHL while they chat about their history and the sport. I think overall it could be a fun watch.

72 Words +1 TPE

Total: +8 TPE

\
[Image: v09bRKvt_o.jpg]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
Oskar Scholz

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.
San Francisco once again had a tremendous season in S78, and while they were unable to defeat the eventual Challenge Cup winner in the 2nd round they gave them a good fight and forced a game 7. The regular season was another resounding success with multiple all star selections. For the forwards the veteran Viktor Hargreeves defied regression and posted another wonderful season with 107 points, including 52 goals, both team highs for the Pride. I haven't checked in a couple seasons but he should be nearing the franchise lead in total points, if he hasn't already. On the blue line Willow Soderberg-Snooks was selected once again. Willow was the top scoring defender for the team with 54 points, but also racked up 157 blocks and 71 hits demonstrating they're phenomenal all around play. Lastly between the pipes the resident old man Justin Time was selected to represent as one of the western conference goaltenders. His numbers aren't quite as eye popping as they were in his prime, but he still has no problem collecting dubs. When his time is done he will be a 1st ballot hall of famer, likely unanimous. [192 words - 3 TPE]

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. We Had To Pick Someone
More than half of the teams only got one player to the game. Those being (in random order) Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago, New Orleans, Minnesota, Seattle, Manhattan, Atlanta, Toronto, Montreal and Hamilton. Would you have liked to see more players from these teams, if yes, who should in your opinion have made it? How you feel about the spread of the spots in general?
While it is a nice idea to include as many players from each time as possible I don't believe it's a viable option in a simulated hockey league unless you disregard stats and use a different method of selecting players. Of the 11 teams listed in this question on 1 of them has a player in the top 20 scoring, Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen with the Calgary Dragons, and they come in at 19th overall in league wide scoring. If we extend that to the top 40 we can add 4 more names, 2 from Toronto, Lasse eigler and Aumy Junior II, and 2 from Atlanta, Jiggle E Puff and Billy Herrington. There's still 8 other teams from the list that don't have a player inside the top 40 scoring. While I think it's great we bring one player from each team for representations sake I think it's unfair to all the other players that performed better and lose their spot to a player with fewer points/stats/etc. because their team is better than another team. [175 words - 3 TPE].

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2024, 06:40 PM by Stamkos Is My Dad. Edited 1 time in total.)

1, Milestones
2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3572919

The holy grail of hockey content channels has finally been created when Zeus Storm decides to launch the Zeus Files channel. In this channel you will find all the hard hitting, raw, unfiltered, behind the scenes, and raw emotion content you could ever want to see from a professional hockey player. Want to see what Zeus thought about Colorado getting eliminated in the playoffs? Tune in. Want to see his reaction to being traded to Anchorage in the off season? Tune in. No matter the topic you will get a behind the scenes look at a daily lifestyle of a pro hockey player unlike any other you have ever seen. Immediately after hearing of being traded to Anchorage you could find a video uploaded by Zeus giving his insight of the trade, what led to it, how he feels about it, and what he thinks of his new teammates. You need to tune in and check it out now and don't forget to like and subscribe when you do. You will also want to turn on the notification bell as Zeus will give updates weekly throughout the season and give a never before seen level of insight into the struggles, successes, and everything in between in his first season with Anchorage. And you will especially not want to miss the episode when he gets ready to face Colorado for the first time.

232 words - 4 TPE

9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. We Had To Pick Someone

As a viewer and fan of the game, not considering my own player's future chances of being an All Star, I am fully on board with purely selecting those that had the best and most impactful seasons. I am not really on board with the rule of at least one player per team is selected so every team is represented. I get it from a public relations and wanting fans of all teams having something to root for in the game but from a player perspective I don't like someone getting a spot that is undeserving overall but happened to be the best player on one of the worst teams. If anything I want to see it shift towards only select the best of the best in terms of season went regardless of team. I hate to see deserving players get robbed of having an All Star appearance on their historical record because the league needed someone from the bottom tier team on the roster just to save face.

169 Words - 3 TPE

9 TPE overall, 8 TPE claimed!

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

gm pass

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

GM Pass

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

The absence of certain teams' representation is certainly noticeable. Having players from all teams in more equal numbers would have improved the competitiveness of the game. It is disappointing that dominant markets such as Chicago and Atlanta are not sending more players. Increased participation from these teams would have enhanced the competition and intrigue of the event.

When it comes to individual players who could impact the game, key players such as the center forward from Chicago, the goalkeeper from Atlanta, and the playmaker from New Orleans could have changed the game dynamics. Furthermore, the presence of more talent from Toronto and Montreal would have brought an international touch to the lineup.

In general, the unequal distribution of positions highlights the necessity for a fairer selection process that appreciates talent from all teams equally. Ensuring a balanced mix of players from every team would not just add excitement to the competition but also showcase the varied skills found throughout the league.

150+ words 3 tpe

https://simulationhockey.com/editpost.php?pid=3572240
Milestones +3 tpe

Marian opts to launch a YouTube channel centered around gaming material. The channel will showcase a combination of Let's Play videos, walkthroughs, tutorials, and reviews for both popular and recently released video games. Marian will bring a special touch by including a comedic commentary style, detailed analysis of game mechanics, and interactive challenges for viewers to join in. Furthermore, working with other gaming experts, hosting live streams, and maintaining consistent communication with the community via Q&A sessions and polls are crucial tactics for expanding and maintaining a dedicated audience. Marian's YouTube channel is poised to differentiate itself in the competitive gaming field and draw in a loyal following of gaming enthusiasts by providing top-notch, engaging, and interactive gaming content consistently.
100+ words 
2 tpe

[Image: avatar_6228.png?dateline=1722181476]