Create Account

S78 All Star Week Due: Sunday, October 6th @ 11:59 PM PST

GM Pass

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the
person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.

+ 2 TPE
[url=https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=139080&pid=3572951#pid3572951][/url]
Code:
5. What can city of Tampa Bay offer to players they are hosting for All-Star games?

The city of Tampa Bay has a lot to offer when it comes to being a destination for the all star game. One huge draw is the warmer climate. It's typically always beautiful weather and fans would love to flock to Tampa Bay to escape a colder climate. Besides going to the all star game, they could go to the beach and get a tan. No one would want to go to Winnipeg for the all star game. So it makes sense to put the all star game in a warm weather location to maximize the potential ticket sales. Plus it is already host to an existing SHL team, which helps.

Words: 111, +2 TPE

Code:
6. Your player decides to start a youtube channel, what kind of content they are creating?

When Leonard Wood creates a YouTube channel, you better be prepared. Prepared to smash those subscribe buttons and like buttons. You know why? Because it will be riveting content on products I sponsor. With my trusted voice, I will sell you some expensive hockey tape while also showing you how it works like its an infomercial. That goes for any hockey equipment company. If you have the money, I'll help sell it for you. Sticks, bags, pads, skates, helmets, jerseys, signed memorabilia, you name it. I'll help you sell it. Because let's face it, I only have a limited time to make as much money from my likeness so I need to take advantage of every opportunity presented to me. Just call my agent who will set you up with my tremendous PR firm. Hand them a script and then I will read that script in front of a camera. Sure, some hockey fans will see through our obvious advertising but enough won't where the companies involved will still make an enormous profit. There's hardly any limit to what I won't sell, so even feel free to pitch some non-hockey products to my team. Honest, genuine content be damned, I'm here to make a butt load of money.

Words: 208, +4 TPE

[Image: LChpoGG5_o.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2024, 10:39 AM by Bfine. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones +3

2. As an all star coach, I would try and keep the Los Angeles players together as much as possible as they already have chemistry built up together. Bergling and Maximova should stay on a pairing together, but then it becomes a question of who do you pair Prpich and Martin with. My suggestion would be Hargreeves, who’s a very talented forward in his own right and would add to the fun of the California rivalry. If they didn’t want to play together, you could do any of the Central forwards, as none of them have another forward from their team and likely won’t have as many bitter feelings as a Pacific skater. (112, +2 TPE),

5. Tampa Bay is actually a really cool city that has a lot to offer. It’s a big sports town, as it has the Lightning, Rays, and Buccaneers at the professional level, and it has the USF Bulls at the college level. It’s also close to the ocean, so anyone that wants to do anything at the beach or on the water will have a good time in Tampa. Tampa also has a lot of history as well, specifically as you get into Ybor City, as there are a lot of historical buildings from when Spain still owned Florida. Tampa has a lot of really good food as well, most of it inspired by Hispanic cuisine but you can find anything in Tampa. They also have gambling if you’re into that, and Busch Gardens is one of the better theme parks in the USA. If you really wanted to take the time its only a couple hour drive to Disneyworld as well. (161, +3 TPE)

+8 TPE overall

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Quote:13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Just Hear Me Out

Most people would be exited to win an award. Make a case for your player to win an award. If you cannot make reasonable argument, even very biased one, for any award your player should receive, you are free to suggest adding a new award that your player would be competing for.
Five-Hole Sieve once again somehow finds his way nominated for a McBride, let's look at why he could win it this season. To begin, let's look at his competitors, Justin Time from the San Francisco Pride and Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz from the Los Angeles Panthers and how the three compare. Justin Time nearly led the league with 55 games played, just one behind leaders Rebecca Montagne and Rhett Carpet. Grzegorz played 49 games, as did Sieve. When you look at wins, this is an area where Time and Grezegorz seperate from Sieve, with Time leading the league (by 8!) with 44 wins, and Grzegorz following up in 2nd with 36. Sieve had just 27 wins. Where Sieve starts to have an argument is when we look at the number of shots faced, as he was 7th in the league in that category with 1796. Time was 12th with 1588, and Grzegorz was 15th with 1450, so Sieve was quite a bit busier in net. Saves follow a similar trend, with Sieve placing 7th with 1634, Time 10th with 1431, and Grzegorz 15th with 1319. Goals against average goes strongly to Grzegorz (3rd with a 2.82) and Time (4th with a 2.89), while Sieve finished 18th with a 3.55. Despite the difference in GAA, the save percentage again shows just how much work Sieve was doing with all shot against him, as he tied Grzegorz for 4th with a 91% save percentage (Time finished 11th with a 90.1%). Perhaps most importantly, in Goals Saved Above Average, Sieve led the league, and it wasn't particularly close, as he saved 25.64 goals above average. Grzegorz was right behind him with 20.49, and Time was 6th with an 8.91.

All in all, Sieve deserves the McBride due to the work he needed to put in to help his team achieve success. He faced more shots, made more saves, and saved more goals above average than any other goalie in the league.

(4 TPE)

[Image: CnPenxE.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2024, 02:03 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+1 Milestones

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

It looks like the only player from the Atlanta Inferno who managed to make the all star game this year was Philippe-Eko Eel. While I'd love to see more fire birbs represented on all the big to-dos around the league, if we can only pick one then I guess it makes sense to have our fearless leader represent us at the all star game. Philippe-Eko Eel is a leader both on and off the ice. This past season he was a total workhorse and played more minutes than anyone else on the Inferno and demonstrated some good old fashioned 200 foot hockey. He blocked 210 shots and threw 55 hits on defense, while also putting up 20 goals and 46 assists in the offensive zone. Off the ice in the locker room and beyond with the gang, he's always keeping morale up and encouraging his teammates to do stuff and things in that way good leaders do. Besides all that, he's an adorable otter and who wouldn't want an otter to be in attendance at the all star game - he's sure to attract animal lovers from all over and grow the game of hockey even more, as long as security can stop fans from trying to jump the boards and snuggle him or something.

Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Logo of Fame
Hall of Fame got new logo and to celebrate it you are to create an image that is Hall of Fame related that showcases the new logo.

[Image: l9GMSC2.png]

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Code:

3 TPE

Code:
13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Just Hear Me Out
Most people would be exited to win an award. Make a case for your player to win an award. If you cannot make reasonable argument, even very biased one, for any award your player should receive, you are free to suggest adding a new award that your player would be competing for.

Seriously speaking, the award my player, Jaromir Jagrbomb, would be even remotely close to win would be the best offensive defenseman. But it seems that even though that sounds like a real award, in the league it is not, yet at least. I say it should be! Jagrbomb’s 50 points as a defenseman is a nice achievement, but admittedly still quite far from the best point totals by defensemen. 17 points to be exact, and that is quite a lot of points. Then again I am allowed to be biased, so I’m obviously making the case for both, adding the award and for Jagrbomb to win it. It’s easy for the D’s playing in the top teams to shine, when they’re surrounded by a high-quality team system that makes everybody strong. Jagrbomb, however, played for Manhattan that had a rough season, being the fifth last team in the whole league. In a team that spends majority of each game in their own end and does not earn a lot of powerplay time, scoring points as a defenseman is way harder. Therefore 50 points in last season’s Manhattan team equals like 100 points playing for Los Angeles or San Francisco. So that settles it, congrats Jaromir! You just won a fictional award fair and square.

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE, Welcome to Tampa Bay
Make a poster that showcases all-star game and the location.

[Image: k7aG0VI.jpeg]

[Image: sulov.gif]

1. Milestones +3 TPE

+3 TPE

Milestones
Link
TPE 3/3

5. What can city of Tampa Bay offer to players they are hosting for All-Star games?

The city of Tampa Bay has so much to offer for not only the players but everyone who is attending for the S78 All Star festivities! While Players are expected to take part in their responsibilities during the events they are free to sink into the background in Tampa. Maybe professional hockey players enjoy being less recognized during everyday events and can just live their best lives while also enjoying the game they love. During the All Star events fans can enjoy not only hockey but shorts! Yes glorious Tampa has such a great and comfortable climate that you can rock your best Bermudas while enjoying everyone's favourite cold weather game. But the best aspect of all is that everyone can enjoy the company of each other, Tampa has so many enjoyable after hours events that players and fans can rub shoulders and enjoy a great time regardless of what they are there to do.
155 words
3 TPE

6. Your player decides to start a youtube channel, what kind of content they are creating?

Tibuk is starting a Youtube channel but is a bit undecided on what exactly it is he wants to showcase. He could do a goalie teaching channel but that posses issues. Primarily it gives away many trade secrets that he is unlikely to what to surrender to the general public. Why make himself easier to play against because of youtube?! I think the better solution is going to be a cooking channel where Tibuk can share some of his best Swiss recipes that way everyone can enjoy the splendor of Swiss cooking because who doesn't love chocolate and melted cheese!? So many choices so little time.
106 words
2 TPE

Total 8/8 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Code:
1. Milestones: 3 TPE.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3572415

Code:
9. Written, We Had To Pick Someone (181 words)
More than half of the teams only got one player to the game. Those being (in random order) Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago, New Orleans, Minnesota, Seattle, Manhattan, Atlanta, Toronto, Montreal and Hamilton. Would you have liked to see more players from these teams, if yes, who should in your opinion have made it? How you feel about the spread of the spots in general?

As someone who definitely doesn’t have any control over how this works out, I’m not going to name any specific names. I will say that each team had a pretty clear standout who deserved to make the game. I will forever go to bat for the idea that each team deserves to have at least one player in the All Star Game. No matter how bad the team is, someone was stepping up even if just in the locker room (and people who are in charge, being people are not me, nope, are looking at how to find those hidden gems).

Indeed, if I had my druthers (and was in charge in a way where everyone just had to do what I say), I would make sure every team got TWO players in. I think more people deserve to be All Stars, because why not? We’re basically playing D&D for hockey, and it’s not like we have much control over some of the nonsense FHM spits out to begin with. Let’s get more users in on the fun, grow the game!

Code:
13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Just Hear Me Out (103 words)

Why isn’t there an award for hits?! I would’ve won that twice in a row now. The physical aspect has always been a big part of hockey, so why aren’t we acknowledging it? I’m not talking about Penalty Minutes, and terribly fantasy leagues that give out points for that, I’m not trying to reward bad, illegal play. But I’m out here getting into the corners on the forecheck, getting into the corners on the back check, and making every opponent think twice about going for the puck. You might get there first, but you know damn well that I’m gonna get there second.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Milestones 3 TPE

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One foot inside the Hall 2 TPE

I hope we don't mind me twisting the prompt slightly, but I am the IIHF guy and I do try to do something like this for every single PT, I just feel bad this time since this one explicitly says SHL Hall of Fame and a player who can be inducted, BUT in terms of the IIHF Hall of Fame and players who were never inducted, there's a few players that come to mind. Mike Izzy was not inducted for character reasons, but in terms of both having an impact on his native Austrian team, and a monstrous number of hits, he is perhaps the best defensive forward in IIHF history. Not to mention, Swedish goaltender Robert Andersson was not inducted despite being a winner of three Top Goalie awards.

13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Just Hear Me Out 3 TPE

If there was an award like most improved, except one that could go to post-regressions players, as I'm sure most improved is most likely to go to younger up-and-comers, then I think Petr would be in the running this season. Going from 31 points to 47 despite having 100 less TPE was a wild, unexpected, but very appreciated boost in my stats. It helped me reach 1000 career points, and gives me hope in somehow, someway, finding the momentum to keep my 500 goal bid alive, but realistically it is six seasons out in the best-case scenario. Hopefully, I retire before then. I imagine a big contributing factor to success in a player's late seasons besides build, is chemistry, and Texas has thankfully been rather consistent in terms of roster make-up, which probably has allowed Petr to remain a strong depth player entering his 15th SHL season. All I can hope for is that my remaining seasons continue to be as rewarding despite my TPE.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

1. Milestones - 3 TPE
2. PBE Affiliate Claim - 3 TPE
13. Just Hear Me Out - 141 Words - 2 TPE
I think my player, Cadmael Ixazaluoh, at the very least deserved a nomination for best defensive defender in the SMJHL. Now I can't quite speak to what stats that they use to determine who is a nominee and who wins the award and all that, but at least by the situation that my guy was put in, he should have at least been one of the 7 nominees (which is a lot for one award to begin with, like either make it exclusive or don't amirite). Being one of the sole defenders for a team that made it to the playoffs with stats that still put him among the top defensively....I dunno, a nomination at least seemed fair. Or I may not know the first thing about how the awards work and my player was complete ass. I'll never know. lol

8 TPE

Gm pass

Foil Up Boys

1. Milestones- +3 TPE
TheGreatOne

Code:

S78 SMJHL Milestones - 3 TPE

Code:
2. 4 skaters from Los Angeles made it, should coaches try to keep them together or would you want to see things mixed up more?

I think it’s best to keep them together. Most fans want to see their players perform well at the All-Star game and since these four Panthers players have played together for the whole season, their chemistry should be a massive benefit during the game, and they should be able to rack up points pretty easily.

55 words - 1 TPE

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. We Had To Pick Someone
More than half of the teams only got one player to the game. Those being (in random order) Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago, New Orleans, Minnesota, Seattle, Manhattan, Atlanta, Toronto, Montreal and Hamilton. Would you have liked to see more players from these teams, if yes, who should in your opinion have made it? How you feel about the spread of the spots in general?

I think Atlanta definitely deserved one more of their player on the All-Star game roster. They finished six in the regular season standings and teams below them have found a way to have a more representative at the upcoming All-Star game. Only defenseman Philippe-Eko Eel has found his way on the All-Star roster, which he earned with by performing at a high level during the whole season, but I also think another one of their defensemen should have been called up for the All-Star game. I think Dan Johnston should have also been put on the All-Star squad. He had the third best defensive game rating on the team, with Eel behind one of the two players in front of him in this category, while also being able to provide a steady offensive production, since he ended the season with 50 points. His impressive 72 takeaways were also a team best, and he also finished third in the league for the number of hits by a defenseman with 88 hits over the regular season which show the impressive physical abilities that he also has in his game. However, I understand that we don’t strickly get the league's best players in the All-Star game, because at the end of the day, this game is mostly held to help the league get some publicity and it’s important for every team to get at least one representative to motivate fans of every team in the league to tune in and watch the game.

250 words - 4 TPE

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Code:

Milestones (+3)

Quote:8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

Philippe-Eko Eel making the All-Star roster was a no-brainer for anyone who’s watched the Atlanta Inferno this season. As a defenseman, he’s been an absolute rock on the blue line, consistently shutting down the opposition and turning defense into offense. Eel’s skating ability and his hockey IQ are what set him apart. He knows exactly when to step up into the play and when to hang back, and his passing game is just as sharp. Eel has a knack for making smart plays under pressure, and it’s those little things that might not always show up on the score sheet but are invaluable to the team. In the All-Star Game, I expect him to showcase the same cool-headed, methodical approach that’s made him a standout all year. He’s not just about defense either—Eel can push the pace offensively, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him involved in a few goals, either by setting them up or scoring himself. He’s also one of those players who commands respect in the locker room. He’s calm, but when he speaks, people listen. Watching Eel on the big stage of the All-Star Game is going to be a treat, and I’m sure he’ll hold his own against the best in the league. He’s been a cornerstone for us all season, and this honor is well deserved.

Quote:13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Just Hear Me Out

Alright, just hear me out: Billy Herrington, a winger, should absolutely win the John McBride Trophy for the best goalie in the SHL. Now, I know what you're thinking, “Billy? The guy who lights up the scoreboard and terrorizes opposing goalies? How could he possibly be in the conversation for best goalie?” Well, it’s simple—Billy’s been playing goalie in a spiritual sense all season long. You see, every time Billy scores a goal, he’s actually saving the team from losing. That’s like a goalie move, right? But instead of stopping pucks, he’s stopping the other team’s hopes and dreams with those clutch goals. He’s basically been putting up saves on the scoreboard by outscoring everyone else. You might argue he’s been making life harder for the other goalies, so in a way, that makes him the superior one! Plus, let’s not forget his insane ability to block shots—well, from the opposing goalie. The way Billy reads the game and makes those goalies look like pylons? That’s goalie instinct right there. He might not wear the pads, but his precision is no different than a goalie’s, only he does it with a stick instead of gloves. So yeah, it might be a little unconventional, but Billy for John McBride Trophy. After all, why let the goalies have all the fun?

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa