Create Account

S79 PT #0: Drafting Some Leadership Due: Sunday, October 13th @ 11:59 PM PST

Graj would love to announce the first round pick of the Philadelphia Forge, and now that he has the opportunity, he wants to go about it as humbly as he can while at the same time bringing a level of excitement to the fans in Philly and get them hyped up. He would take the stage in his own jersey, pumping up his arms to get the crowd to make noise, then would reach the podium and wait for the noise to subside a bit. When it was calm, he would say the following: "When the general managers Kale and Ass offered me this opportunity, I was incredibly humbled and grateful to be able to represent the Forge in such a manner. We are a historic franchise with a historic run of success, and we look forward to bringing another cup to Philadelphia with the help of our newest addition to the squad! Without further ado, here is our next Forge member! With the xxth pick of the S79 SHL draft, the Philadelphia Forge select xxxx xxxxxxxx! Welcome to Philly and to a culture of excellence!" Then Graj would smile, shake the player's hand, and then walk off the stage with them.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Written Option 2:

After for some reason being named Alternate Captain last season and being the only one still with the team, Langston is looking to make a better name for himself as a leader on the team. Over the summer and at the beginning of training camp, Langston was often hosting cookouts and get-togethers at his house in Winnipeg and his Condo in Florida. He hopes to guide some of the new prospects to make sure that the Aurora will be fighting for cups again soon. One of these ways is to make sure he is the first one on the ice and the last one off, often making sure that all the pucks have been picked up and making sure to give out matching Hawaiian shirts to everyone around the locker room and in the training facility. He is really hoping to make sure everyone feels welcome and ready to do their best for the Aurora as the team continues their retool.

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Option 2:

Now that I'm a few years into my career, management looks for me to help bring in some of the new players on the team. I know when I was in the same position, I really appreciated the veterans on the team helping me out and getting me settled in with the team and in a new city. So, obviously, I love to return the favour.

I try to reach out to the new players and help them through some of the initial hoopla of moving. I offer them a place to stay while they work to get settled and give them the lay of the land, so to speak. Later on the in off-season, I invite them out to an informal skate and just get on the ice with them and learn more about their play style and tendencies. I find it's a great bonding experience, but also helpful for those first days of training camp. It gets rid of some of the nerves, but also gives us a little leg up on the training. I've found lots of success doing this and I plan to continue it for as long as I'm in the league. Pay it back.

(200 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
3-0-0
Regular Season - [G 1] [A 1] [Pts 2] [+/- 0] [PIM 2] [Hits 2] [SB 6]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Written Option 2:

To his own surprise Shaggy got named team captain a season ago in Winnipeg and he had already been an alternate captain in the SMJHL before, so somehow the management must see some leadership qualities in him. When joining the Aurora in his second season in the SHL Shaggy was one of the younger players, because Winnipeg had a lot of veterans back then, but now a few years later, most of the old core has gone or retired. So suddenly he found himself being the veteran himself (regression says hi - if that's not a sign for being old I don't know what is) and with so many young teammates it comes natural that you take up some kind of advisory role and help them out when they have questions or just need some guidance. Just being the oldest player on the team - which he definitely isn't since there are still some 'real' veterans left - doesn't make you a leader though. Shaggy wants the team to have success and to win. As a pro you want to win the cup every season and you project that mindset onto the rookies.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

It is oftentimes quite difficult for a rookie to become a team leader. Chopper is hoping to do so but also looking to mostly absorb as much information as possible while he is new in order to learn as much as possible so he can become a leader down the line. Some behaviors of his that many would attribute to leadership qualities include his offseason workouts and his time fighting in the ring in Thailand so that he can be in the best possible shape when the season rolls around. Chopper's philosophy has always been to lead by example, and he demonstrates so by sticking to developing his fundamentals more than anything. No, Chopper is not the most skilled player, nor will he ever be. Now the simple parts of the game he can do extremely well with high rates of consistency, so he makes sure to hammer those skills in the offseason. In baseball terms, Chopper is one hell of a contact hitter, a guy that gets on base rather than hitting home runs and Chopper is very much so okay with that. As many of his teammates have a "nose for the goal" as they sniff out the perfect place to shoot from, Chopper just wants to keep the puck in their opponent's zone and make the proper plays to help his team secure a victory.

(230)

Written Option 2:

Gino is doing his best to take on leadership in the Kelowna Knights roster. Now that most of the veterans have been called up or in case of Gagner and Beargeron have been traded, Gino suddenly finds himself to be in the postion of the team veteran. Now it isn't always easy to lead a team from the Goalie position, especially not during the games, but Gino found ways to insert himself into meaningful activites outside of them. One of the biggest "side jobs" Gino has taken on is that of a "diplomat" between the management and the players. He will join tactics and scouting meetings to provide input there and usually also realys the player's needs and worries into those meetings. In return he bridges information from those meetings into the team.
While doing so Gino tries his best to stay grounded and remain down-to-earth and approachable. It's not always easy if you are the "boss chosen" as that position tends you to be targeted with harassment or at least resentment from the own ranks. The other way around you don't want to be the maid for the bosses, who just dump all their expectations onto you and expect you to deal with them.

[Image: zowAsIS.jpeg]

PT Pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: EnHtzQl.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Written Option 2:

Badger has come to consider NBB as a family away from his own, on the ice he will support them and same when he is off the ice. He will often try and be there for the team whenever they need him; phone on and awake when they just need a chat or they need to talk through strategies, or hit the ice in the off-season to try out a new play. He continues to push himself in the off-season, working on his faults and weaknesses whilst also boosting team morale and volunteer to put himself through training camp three times over if it means having a full team and even if he's there in a supporting capacity. He's trying to live up to the standards and build off the foundation of other great leaders, and whilst he doesn't always get it right, he will attempt to improve on what went wrong - turn up on time and early.

Badger knows that he is still a rookie in some senses, but as a player on ice, he knows he has a part to play when new rooks come through; to make them feel welcomed in the locker room and assist them with advice when they need more guidance. He will also lead by example, picking up the pucks, offering drinks when he's on the bench watching the rest of the team play, continuing to absorb and learn from experience.

Canada   Battleborn

Going into his Sophomore season with the Mutes Earl is taking on more leadership roles with the team. During the off season Earl was introduced to 3 new draft picks. Geno Vajihollahi (@DylTheThrill) was actually one he got to know very well prior to the draft. Earl knew Yukon had their eyes set on a couple different choices and as the draft went on it seemed very likely Geno was going to be the choice. Earl has seen Geno play and the guy is a stud. He is also a great person and will be an asset to Yukon both on and off the ice and that is what Earl said to Management prior to the pick. Earl would like to think he helped with the decision but who knows. Regardless, Earl is going to help Geno settle in well and all the other guys and answer any questions they have and give them tips. Earl will be a full fledged leader in no time.

165 words

[Image: xMZsRxn.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2024, 10:01 AM by ValorX77.)

Task 1:

Mumei was recently selected to announce the New Orleans Specters first round selection. At first, Mumei was quite shocked to learn that she would be announcing the pick. Mumei decides to accept the offer but with a twist, the pick would not only be announced in English but also in Inuit as well, complete with members of her tribe. But then, there was a twist, she was going to announce herself as the pick, something that only management and her indigenous people knew about. The night of the draft came, the specters traded down from 14 to 18, and then the moment came, Mumei was dressed in a cloak to disguise herself. And then the tribe announced the pick, and revealed the hood showing that Mumei was underneath. But on the English side, Mumei accidentally pronounced her name wrong calling herself mashi Mumei instead of nanashi Mumei, a flub that will forever haunt herself for many days to come. Mumei, despite the incident couldn’t believe that she fumbled that.

(170 words)

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

PBE Affiliate: https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...ntry782433

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Jennifer was honored to be the one to announce Calgary’s first pick in the draft this offseason. With them not having a pick until round 2, Jen had plenty of time to prepare what to say but wasn’t sure who they were going to pick. Jen has had practice giving podium speeches as part of being an idol, and with how many idols have screwed up at awards ceremonies, she knew she didn’t want to do the same thing at the SHL draft, so she worked with a speech coach that helped her keep her nerves calm. She did, however, dance up to the podium when it was her turn to announce the Dragons’ pick. After making her way to the podium alongside Calgary’s GM duo, she announces the pick: Aslak Hestnes of the Quebec City Citadelles. As the defensemen makes his way to the podium, Jen celebrates with her future teammate, honored to have been the one to announce their selection.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Option 1: If I was asked to announce a pick for Chicago, I’d gladly and happily accept the offer. I think it would be a cool experience. I’d be on the opposite end for once. Shaking a players hand and handing them our jersey instead of being the one receiving the jersey. I’d try to stay cool and collected up on stage, which I should be able to do. I’m used to playing in front of tens of thousands of people, so going in front of them off the ice and simply speaking should be a breeze. I’d try to add some flair to the announcement though. I wouldn’t just go up there and announce it and walk off. I’d want to make it a big thing. Wrile up the fans and make them excited before announcing who we’re drafting. Overall I’d just try to stay calm and get the pick done. My worst nightmare would be messing up and become a meme on the internet like so many GMs have done before me.

[Image: Mendhall.png] [Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Malamutes syndicate Usa   Malamutes syndicate  Usa
Malamutes Malamutes MalamutesMalamutes Malamutes Malamutes

*Thank you Nokazoa and Squid for the sigs!

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]