Create Account

S79 PT #0: Drafting Some Leadership Due: Sunday, October 13th @ 11:59 PM PST

Oh I'm definitely going up there and taking the pick, I'd have to be a FOOL to reject that offer. I don't do it out of the kindness of my heart though, I do it cause I wanna hijack the pick. Sometimes I just can't trust my team to make the right pick so I gotta go up there and do it myself. I'm pretty sure once the pick is said out loud on the stage it is permanent and cannot be changed so I can just ignore whatever name they tell me to say and make my own pick. And with that pick, I will announce that I am the draft pick. That's right we're drafting me AGAIN that's how cool I am. It's kinda stupid to only have one of me that doesn't seem like a good way to build a hockey team we need more of me, so I'm making it happen.

Graphic Option 2: Create an image where your player helping their management or teammates during offseason.

[Image: x9t19Ay.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Code:
Written Option 2: Leaders on a hockey team are players who are often there for their team on and off the ice, in season, in playoffs in the offseason. What does your player do during the offseason to show that they’re a leader to management? Do they assist in helping get some teammates up to speed? Do they volunteer to partake in training camp even if they need not show up yet? Or do they simply focus on themselves, aiming to lead by example?
When Oskar Scholz was a young buck he'd often jet off back to Germany in the off-season to be with his family and childhood friends, but now as one of the teams veterans with several seasons under his belt he's taken it upon himself to play more of a team leader in the off-season. The last couple of years he's hosted a week long training camp at his house prior to the start of the regular training camp to help get his teammates ready for the year and build some comradery before they dip in to the real training camp. He's also taken his personal training in the off-season much more seriously and has taken a few younger players under his wing recently. They push him to bring the most out of his aging frame, and he helps them by providing invaluable insight as an SHL veteran.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Option 2:

Slava tends to take the route of leading by example. Always trying to show up early to practice to get the individual skills and mental envisioning of plays as they happen. At the start of practice especially going into his second year with Nevada he takes the time to help the rookie skaters and purposely drilling with all of the centers to work on their face off success. Slava tends to have the mentality that, the harder you practice and the more you sweat during practice the easier it will be come game time when everything becomes muscle memory. He takes this inti account by playing his hardest against the most skilled forwards on the team to continue to sharpen his defensive tactics and skills. This mentality is encapsulated as he tends to be the last person to leave the ice as well. Hopefully this example of hard work in practice reflects to future rookies joining Nevada.

It was certainly an awkward moment when Zedward was invited by Tampa Bay and the SHL draft representatives to announce the TBB first round pick at 19oa. This is mostly because the trade deal involving Zedward had not yet been completed. Zedward was confused, but went along with it, not wanting to upset his new team by declining it.

This must have been known that it would be awkward and they didn't want any press to get out, so this was kept well under wraps. Which made things all the more uncomfortable when the guest was announced and Zedward nervously took his place on the stage. 

There were murmurs that went around across the audience and draftees alike. Whispering and confused glances seemed to overshadow the moment. But it ended up being all smiles on Tampa Bay's end when Zedward announced the pick of Teddy Bloos. There were some more shocked expressions when the crowd realized that a player of that quality fell to 19, bolstering an already talent roster!

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

Justin Time is firmly in the back half of his career now, and quite content to let the younger players take on the heavy lifting of leading the team. After being the captain of the Blizzard for nine years, it was a refreshing change of pace to just be "one of the guys" on the Pride, but the itch to take things further for both the team and community never really left. Now, Time can be found showing up in street clothes to the first few days of training camp, occasionally putting on player skates to show the young guys drills and just be a part of the team environment. Off the ice, it's more of the same. No longer needing to organize team outings, he uses the free time to float from group to group, chatting with each player and making sure that the team feels like home, just like so many great vets did for him when he was a young upcoming player.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Pt Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Code:
Graphic Option 1: Create an image that shows your player making the pick announcement.

[Image: cIxhFiU.png]

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Written Option 2
Oliver Cornwall has placed a significant expectation on himself to get involved in the long term success of the Wolfpack organization, going above and beyond old expectations strictly focused on himself. Cornwall has become a much more vocal member of the locker room in the last couple of seasons, welcoming new teammates and just generally getting involved in the organization. This year, Oliver took the additional step of becoming a member of the Wolfpack’s scouting staff in the leadup to the draft. Cornwall screened about a dozen candidates, including the player who became the Wolfpack’s newest first round pick. With this responsibility, Oliver has redoubled his on-ice efforts as well trying to force the Wolfpack’s management team to make hard decisions. Despite his strong showing in New England’s training camp, Cornwall was sent back down to the Whalers, who will be looking for the fourth year defenseman to provide a veteran presence for the rebuilding team.

[Image: UufQtZ0.png]
sig credits to @Nokazoa
[Image: wkhxpJS.png]

Being the son of a General Manager like my player is, being asked to announce the first round pick is definitely an honor. But I feel like some would think it as nepotism which is why I'd try to have the leadership group of the team join me like the Captain and Assistants to make it clear we do things as a team in Buffalo. Making it a show, being a meme, obviously both things are cool in their own right but I think I'd approach it straight forward and announce it normally. I mean my player was high second round, how many people go out and make a show of drafting a second round player? How many teams keep that energy up for when they draft a roleplayer in the third round? Not many. So I feel like it would be a huge dick move to throw all that hype up for one player.

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

Yuri Boyka III is one of those players that silently do their part and are not very vocal about it. In his 3 years of SMJHL, Boyka III has not shown any interest in helping management or volunteering for any team related events. To say the least, it has come to his attention that Nevada Battleborn are looking at a rebuild and thus will not not be one of the stronger teams this season. As such, Boyka III has asked the GM to trade him for some assets since it will be his last season in the SMJHL and would want to ideally play for a playoff team in his last year. So one can easily question his ability as a leader since he is leaving the team but this is not all. Yuri Boyka III did think about the team and that is why he asked for a trade so that they can also get a pick for him before he ventures off to the SHL. Additionally, he has also been max earning and is the top 3 earner in his draft class. It is crazy to think that the man was picked 42nd OA in the SMJHL draft class. As a result, Boyka III leads by example. It is too show others that are not vocal that there is a place in SHL for them. Consistency is key and you don't need to be vocal to realize that.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Written Option #1

If called upon to announce Winnipeg's latest pick, Chuck Lumbermouth would consider it an honor and accept immediately. Chuck is a bit of a showboat, so he would go full ham on stage to entertain the crowd and anyone watching on TV at home. He'd definitely take a jab at whatever junior team the pick plays for unless they are on the Malamutes with him. He'd probably do something silly like intentionally mispronounce the selection's name several times before getting it right. Chuck would wear a nice well fitting suit, but crack a bad joke saying something along the lines of "man, I gotta get me one of these" when he hands the selection their jersey. He would also seek out every camera he could find for an interview throughout the day and really gas up the selection to any reporter willing to listen to him.

Option 1 : 

Anthony felt very proud to be asked to make the first selection of the Maine in the latest SMJHL entry draft. After being the first pick of the team last year and getting promoted with an ''A'' during the offseason, they felt he was deserving of this opportunity. He of course accepted the offer. When he was young, he always dreamed about being drafted and secretly practiced ''being announced in the draft''. Because of that, he was weirdly good and professional for announcing the pick. Before the draft, because he helped the team with the scouting, he knew most of the players name so it was only a matter of practicing the little speech. So, when the big day came, he was ready ; ''With the 16th overall pick, the Maine Timber are very proud to select ... Scott Fortune ! '' And the crowd went berseck ! The fanbase and the managers were really ecstatic with this pick. After all, it went exactly to plan and it was a success. Lets go !!

(166 words)

This season, Dirty Boots was granted the opportunity to announce Texas's first draft pick! Even though Texas didn't get to pick until late second round he took this opportunity very seriously. He got a new suit, made sure his voice was nice and clear with some vocal warm ups the week leading up to the draft and even did some research with the team scouts to see who they could possibly be taking to make sure he knew a little background about his new potential future teammate. As they day came, Texas decided to trade down a little bit to pick up some more deep picks in the draft. Boots was worried he may not have his opportunity or maybe they'd slip into players he wasn't as familiar with but lo and behold, on pick 36, The Renegades lock in their pick.

With pick 36, The Texas Renegades are happy to select, from Punxsutawney, USA, welcome to the Renegades Family, Djoe Anderson!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]