Create Account

S79 PT #0: Drafting Some Leadership Due: Sunday, October 13th @ 11:59 PM PST

Elvar Gil-Galad was asked to be at the draft this off-season to announce the new incoming Grizzlies but unfortunately he just straight up forgot when the draft was and was sadly a no-show for the festivities. Though it may have seemed a great honour for some players. Elvar sort wasn't that interested and spent the day at the rink throwing in some extra training before the new season started. Not that he isn't excited for the Grizzlies on their way to Great Falls, its just his final season and wants to win the 4 Star Cup and the way to do that is to have a better season than the one before.

The rookies will show up to the rink and wonder who the big lumbering shadow is in hallways and they will know that it is either the live Grizzly that roams the arena or it will be Elvar Gil-Galad welcoming them in his own way!

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

Option 2

Being one of the newer additions to the team, Mia Lavoie isn't much of a leader for the Inferno yet, at least from a seniority perspective. She's still got a lot to learn and a fair amount of time to develop. That said, being a leader doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a veteran or in a formal position of leadership. So I guess some ways Mia might show her leadership as a newer player is mostly to show up on time and do the work that needs to be done to help the team. This means showing up to training camp or captain's skates, whether they're voluntary or mandatory, and working with her team to get better as a collective. Mia is keen on improving her own abilities, but also recognizes the team won't get anywhere if they don't work to build chemistry and work on a gameplan that leverages their individual strengths into something greater.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2024, 08:59 PM by TheGreatOne.)

The crowd went wild as The Great One took the mic to announce the Newfoundland Berserkers new draft pick. With a big grin, he thanked the fans for their support and hyped up the potential of the upcoming addition. The Great One's energy and excitement got everyone pumped, and there was a buzz of anticipation as he finally dropped the name of the highly anticipated draft pick. Colton Paraygeko!! The audience's cheers got even louder as the team's new prospect stepped onto the stage, welcomed by his new teammates and the thunderous applause of the fans.

As The Great One proudly introduced the new draft pick, he spoke with real passion about the skills and potential the pick would bring to the team. His words really got through to the crowd, giving them a sense of hope and bringing everyone together. The announcement marked a fresh start for the team to usher in a new era

Code:
156 Words

[Image: IMG-0826.jpg]

Edouard Lavoie is a big time analytics nerd and spends some of his off time with the team's analytics department going over ways to improve himself and his teammates play on the ice. He will compile tips and tools to help his teammates improve over time and perform better in big scenarios. Other than that, Edouard simply works hard each season to show a good example for his teammates and make sure that he is pulling his own weight and trying to pick up what slack he can. At the end of the day, Edouard believes that if he puts in the work to make sure he can complete his job and the rest of the team does the same then there is nothing that they can't accomplish. As he keeps pushing to get better each season the goal is always the same, make it to the playoffs and then keep digging until they can bring home the cup. It's a long season, but Edouard is prepared to put in the work.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

Written prompt #1

What a huge honour to be invited up onto the stage and welcome the newest edition to the Tampa Bay Barracuda. I am hoping that I am being invited up because we are welcoming another goalie into our ranks. I would be sure to show them the ropes and get them off to a great start with the team. Even if we draft a players being there to welcome them into our Tampa Bay family is something I would be more than happy to do. We are a close bunch in the locker room and I think it is important to start young players off with positive vibes so they can focus less on the social aspect and more about the skills they need to develop. This also seems like a great opportunity to slip them a business card with my workout gym so they can look into getting signed up and ready to play.

155 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Written option 1:
Abbe is in the gym, pushing some weights when all of sudden Coach comes up and takes a seat right next to him.
- Looking good, coach says. “You can keep on pushing, I'm just gonna talk a little about a small opportunity for you. As you are well aware there is a draft coming up. And as we were thinking on who would like to be the one to announce our first pick. Our first pick in this draft will be in the second round, so there will be no need to be nervous or anything like that. You can take the day to figure out if you would like to be the one. Come see me in my office once you decide.“
Abbe is in a little chock. But as the coach asked him, he keeps on lifting the weights as well keeps his thoughts rolling.
Should I do it? what if I pronounce the name wrong, there are some real weird ones out there.
He stops working out, hits the showers and walks into the office.
“As a little kid in Falun once said, you only get this kind of opportunity once in a life.
I will keep it clean and professional, suited up and already started practicing my sentences.”
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2024, 07:05 AM by ec06aaj. Edited 2 times in total.)

Option 1:

It normally is an honour to be given the responsibility of making your team's first pick in the draft. It's something generally reserved for the upper echelons of a franchise's people - the team captains, the superstar forwards, the talisman who plays in goal, players with their jersey numbers retired - so Simo was perhaps mildly surprised to be tapped up for it. "Why me?"

"We like the culture that all you new kids are bringing to the table but what we really want is a bit more...what's the word, Brad?"

"Aggression? Violence? Bloodthirst?"

"Well, yes, all of those, but the one I'm thinking of. Accountability!"

"Ah, right, right. Me and Chuck were talking this over, Simo, and I remembered the awesome piece you did for the Players' Tribune a couple of years back."

"Exactly, and that's the attitude we want to instil. It's one thing for a player to push themselves hard but we want our players to push each other just as hard, and we think you'd be perfect to get that message across."

"So when you get up there, we want to make the pick but also hammer home that the days of Seattle being a pushover are gone."

"..."

"You can do that, right?"

"...you want me to threaten the newest pick with violence if they don't perform?"

"...well, not quite that openly."

"But yes."

"..."

"..."

"...alright."

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: xSn0esi.png]

1:

I was shocked that the New England Wolfpack asked me to announce our teams pick this year. They pulled out all the stops, Limo ride from the 5 star hotel to the event,  a big buffet style meal before the draft.  I was lost in all the accommodations given to me. Sitting in the midst comfortable executive chairs during the war room meetings was just amazing.  I was so taken aback by the luxuriousness of it all that I had nothing to offer when it came time to talk shop. I couldn't keep the names straight. I felt bad until the executive suite staff showed me access to the steam / shower / snow room. I took a nice nap... until I was awoken to hurry up and get to the draft.  They rushed me into wardrobe, forced me to the microphone and handed me an envelope. "With the 15rd overall pick,  the NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK AWOOOOO selects Ipeea mybedagain!"

All that for a pun.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Written Option 2: Leaders on a hockey team are players who are often there for their team on and off the ice, in season, in playoffs in the offseason. What does your player do during the offseason to show that they’re a leader to management? Do they assist in helping get some teammates up to speed? Do they volunteer to partake in training camp even if they need not show up yet? Or do they simply focus on themselves, aiming to lead by example?

Bernard Kochese is a player that desires to be a leader. He will work hard on and off the ice. Practice and hard work produces persistence and development. He is not one that just waits for results to happen, he makes them happen. Speed drills and working on his puck passing with other teammates. It is important that everytime he has the puck, he is creating opportunities for greatness. Greatness comes from within and Bernard can sometimes be his own worst critic. He expects a lot of himself. He shows himself to be determined and does not back down when faced with struggles...in his personal life and on the ice. He was enamored to find out his only sister came to visit him and they spent some quality time together. She thinks about him often and misses when they can't at least talk. She often thinks about following in his footsteps and she waits for that opportunity. Bernard speaks highly of Brittany's love for hockey. Brittany is showing herself to have promise as she thinks about her future.

Code:
179 words for response only.

PBE Affiliate (user name: mtaylor)

Zach Evans | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 25HuNwO.png]

[Image: sulov.gif]

Written Option 2

Being an officer in the Czech military has its benefits. Petr has been an agent of the State Security agency for his entire life, and while espionage and distrust are his primary functions of an agent, it looks to an authoritative presence as well... that, as well as the fact that he has an entirely one-track mind on hockey, winning gold, and doing the best he can, so his inability to be distracted from that path means it can be hard to get to know him or see him in any other light other than a serious one. Nevertheless, Petr wanting to strive for his best, he similarly wants his teammates to succeed as well so that all may reap the benefits, an oddly selfish way of seeing things. However, Per always being on the clock himself thanks to his surgeries and operations to keep him in working order, like a machine, he lacks the empathy and understanding of why not everyone else does the same.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Graphic Option 1: Create an image that shows your player making the pick announcement.

[Image: Wu3xlMS.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen