Create Account

S79 PT #0: Drafting Some Leadership Due: Sunday, October 13th @ 11:59 PM PST

I am not sure you can call Logan Webb a leader on the Pride, but at the same time he does everything anyone would want or ask a locker room leader to do.

He is always early to the arena and late to leave for all team events and functions. He sets an example of being prepared and encourages teammates to do the same.

He is active and participates in all team meetings giving feed back on what he see and how to best plan against an opponent. On the bench he is giving feedback to his teammates and updating everyone on what he sees.

Web will be in the training room a little longer than it is asked as he is always focused on taking his game to the next level.

Anytime there are optional skates he is on the ice.  If he is sick or injured he is in the stands cheering on his teammates or doing homework to present to the team during video sessions. 

Webb takes on any role on any line given to him to give his team the best chance to win, playing defense on the powerplay, playing back and taking the body to keep goals out of his net, to grinding out minutes to ensure a win.

I would love to say Webb is a leader in all he does, but the truth is he is not.  This is the attitude and expectation built upon every San Fransico Pride player ad they walk into the arena to their conduct out side the rink and ice.  They have formed a team wanting to do more and become more and everyone is willing to help, teach, encourage and work together to achieve success for this roster.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2024, 10:41 AM by AuggieO. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: nK9OAlo.png]

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

graphic 2 [Image: stank.jpg?ex=670be002&is=670a8e82&hm=b85...height=529]

[Image: SwvYrXP.jpeg]   
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]   

Ahh

PT pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Option 1:

It would be my absolute honor to be selected to announce New England's first pick in the draft, and I definitely wouldn't meme it. Being drafted is probably the best part of sim leagues, so you need to do what you can to make that moment special for the player. in this case, that player is Hotdog Lunch! My speech would go something like this..."With this pick, the New England Wolfpack select Hotdog Lunch, right winger from the Ottawa Highlanders. Lunch was selected 9th overall in the S78 SMJHL draft, and finished his rookie campaign with 16 goals and 18 assists for 34 points, and chipped in 100 hits as well, showing him as a true two-way player. The Wolfpack have high hopes for this youngster, and hope he can help them out on both ends of the ice when his time in the J is done. Congratulations kid, and welcome to the best team in the league!"

(160 words)

[Image: CnPenxE.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2024, 01:26 PM by Stamkos Is My Dad.)

Option 1:

This offseason has been a whirl wind for Zeus Storm. After two successful seasons with the Colorado Raptors they decided to trade him out of the blue to the Anchorage Armada. The move totally took Storm for surprise as he was fully invested in being a Raptor for his entire SMJHL career. So when the call came from Anchorage that he was now a member of their team he was filled with mixed emotions. The basis for trading Zeus was Colorado felt they couldn't give Zeus what he was looking for in terms of fit on the roster and Anchorage had an open spot on the top line center as well as their top power play unit. So the trade was made. When Anchorage made the call to discuss with Zeus, post trade, they also offered him the chance to be the person to announce their first draft pick in the rookie draft. This was intended to build hype around Zeus' arrival in Anchorage and to show him that they wanted him to be one of the faces of the franchise and not just a member faded in the shadows of others. Zeus took the offer and announced the pick to a raucous Anchorage fanbase. After that Zeus jersey sales skyrocketed to 300% and the Anchorage Team Store website could not stock the demanded supply. This was a great way to introduce Zeus to the team and he hopes to really take off in his third year in the minors and finish his SMJHL career strong with the Armada.

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

Solaire is a lot of things, but a public speaker he is not. While he does talk to those who he believes could help him on his mission to find his own way, and his own sun, he really does not like to associate with helping draft picks being announced and being put on the spotlight with a bunch of other people watching every move he makes, so Solaire would kindly reject his offer to call up the first pick from his General Manager. This is just something Solaire knows in his heart that he would not put his full ability into doing and would hope that his General Managers can understand where he is coming from, especially since he also is from a video game and that his interactions with people is not up to par with those who have been here for their whole lives and have a good understanding and read on what people would want from that sort of position.

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Jarrod Lakemore feels a bit conflicted about being picked to announce Buffalo's first draft pick. On one hand, he understands that it is an honor to be chosen and there were plenty of other worthy candidates available. On the other hand, he is not one for fanfare and being put on the public stage like this is a bit out of character for him. Furthermore, Lakemore himself wasn't projected to go high and he wasn't invited to attend the draft like the expected top picks were. Lakemore himself would end up going in the middle of the second round with Buffalo's third pick of the draft, so he does feel a little strange to be announcing Buffalo's new top pick when he himself wasn't one. Still, Lakemore has had several great seasons for Buffalo and is popular with the fans, so he knows the fans would appreciate seeing him on draft day. Though it may not be his strong suit, he'll do his best to handle the draft pick announcement with aplomb.

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2024, 03:34 PM by OVOXO.)

Graphic Option #1

[Image: HQJJlie.png]

https://imgur.com/a/we2yOM2

[Image: elliot-alderson-spotlight.png]
Credit: xjoverax

Being selected to pick for your team is not something expected, and I think I would be extremely taken aback – in a good way – and would not know what to say. I would be extremely grateful for the opportunity and knowing me I would probably tell my GM to offer it to someone more noticeable and loved by the fans, since that’s what they want to see on stage.

Ultimately if I was the one that went out there and had to make the pick, I don’t think I would do too much with it. I am not a theatrical guy by any means, so I would keep it simple and just announce it like everyone else tends to announce their picks. The number one focus would be correct pronunciation, because we have seen some crazy names grace the SHL and I would definitely want to get it right. Besides that, I would keep it simple and short and make sure I don’t somehow make a fool of myself or turn into an internet meme.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Violet had this experience in her draft! She was taken 12th by Atlanta several seasons ago, and she treated as a true honor, immediately accepting and getting excited about her call so early on. However, having experienced relatively little success early in her career -- including through the SMJHL -- she knows what it's like to have all of the focus on you and some of the boo-birds that often occupy the crowds on draft day. In announcing the pick she'd definitely be someone to make a big hullaballoo and get super excited about the pick; since she's early in her career she'd definitely be excited to learn who her teammate in a few season would be, and maybe literally get some pom-poms and cheer for their new teammate as they came up to the stage. Naturally, @micool132 would be there too and we'd chant about winning the cup and, uh, being able to speak French or something, I don't know.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Oliver Castillon is the kind of guy that might be an Assistant or Captain on another team, but with such solid leadership already in the LAP locker room, he's on the wings. He's always happy to help out the younger players and prospects, offering advice and kind words as needed. He's not always one of the first people to arrive at training camp, since rest is important too, but he's happy to volunteer at team events during that time and help out the training staff where he can. It usually means a lot of go-fer work, but he's happy to help out given how much the training staff help the team during the season. He works to be a good example of what a hockey player and person can be, in hopes that even if he doesn't help his teammates, then maybe he can inspire the next generation.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Prompt 2

At this point in his career, M’Baku Olubori definitely is leaned on as a leader in the locker room. While he’s never been named a captain or worn any sort of letter, the coaches trust him as an informal leader, reflected by yet again being asked to help develop the younger players in Baltimore’s lineup. His linemates this season will be 3rd year pro Brandon Gilleyes and 2nd year winger Inge Baardsen. Beyond that, the coaches asked him to provide some mentorship to rookie defender Nostradamus @fancey13 as he gets up to speed. After an exciting Team Sweden bronze medal at IIHF, he headed right back to Baltimore to help with prospect camp. The team drafted a whopping 4 new forward prospects in this latest draft, and the coaches wanted Baku as a role model to discuss conditioning, nutrition, and model some of the more basic elements of the Platoon schemes/system. He was happy to do it, even if it meant he missed out on some time home visiting family in Nigeria. This camp reminded him a little of his early days at Cassius Darrow’s summer conditioning camp, or like Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson called it, “hell.” The prospects, coming off their first J seasons, were not ready for the realities of SHL hockey. This first taste helped them realize how much work they have left to do before they pull on that home sweater for real.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Written Option 2 - After his first season away from the family farm, Hotdog Lunch made the trip back to his home town to wind down and train for the next season. Working on all the parts of his game that he was lacking in the regular season, hoping to inspire the new rookies joining the team and maybe even some of the veterans that saw his faults the year prior. Most of the first season, he was introverted from being in an alien land and playing on a new surface of ice. Plus Hotdog's lack of competition play growing up made it a bit more difficult to assist some of the other players whom have been skating on teams their whole lives. This upcoming season he plans to focus on ways where he can lead by example with his awkward play, as his lack of hockey theory may be too overwhelming. Thankfully the GM of his current team has been taking the time to mentor Hotdog into a more refined player, which will eventually translate to natural confidence. 

[Image: Hotdog-Lunch-Sig.jpg]

Written Option 1: It is always an honour to be the guest or team member to announce your team’s newest first pick in the draft. This season the honour just so happens to be given to your player! How do they react to the news after being called by the team’s general manager? Do they take them up on the offer? If so, how do they do with the announcement? Do they go all out and turn it into a show? Or accidentally flub it and become a meme on the internet?

To be able to announce a teams first is indeed a great honor and I have had the unique chance to announce multiple of Chicago’s last few seasons of first picks if I so desired. Alexandros is the top player on Chicago right now having been the first in line of their rebuild but also, he functions as the team’s co-gm and doing work in management. Despite his ability to allow himself to be the announcer of our pick he has never decided to choose this honor for himself. When it comes to announcing the pick I have certainly had the fear I would mess up, stumble on my words and say the wrong name and embarrass myself but the main reason I have chosen not to is because it feels like it would be an abuse of power to chose myself and I already feel fulfilled in my role that I do not feel it necessary to announce the pick.

-161 words