Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Dec 22 2012, 09:53 PM

Compilation albums always tend to suck. I have no expectations this time. And I didn't see it posted anywhere, but it looks like Born Sinner will be pushed back.

Yea, I saw that J. Cole quote, which is why I said I don't expect it on the 28th, though I'd love it then, haha.

Oh, and Dion, Thank Me Later review:

Fireworks (ft. Alicia Keys): 4/5
Karaoke: 3.5/5
The Resistance: 4/5
Over: 3.25/5
Show Me a Good Time: 3/5
Up All Night (ft. Nicki Minaj): 3.75/5
-Would be great if Nicki wasn't here...
Fancy (ft. T.I. & Swizz Beatz): 3.25/5
-Why does Swizz Beatz do this to songs...
Shut It Down (ft. The-Dream): 3.75/5
-I still contend that The-Dream is a female.
Unforgettable (ft. Young Jeezy): 4/5
-Jeezy really makes this one.
Light Up (ft. Jay-Z): 4/5
Miss Me (ft. Lil Wayne): 3.5/5
-Wayne isn't awful here. He seems to be better on Drake songs than anywhere else.
Cece's Interlude: 3.75/5
Find Your Love: 4.25/5
-Plz stick with R&B, Drake. Plz.
Thank Me Now: 3.75/5

3.7/5

This is significantly better than Take Care and if that album was more like this, I wouldn't be such a hater. The features here are better than on his sophomore effort as is his individual performance. Nicki still is trash, but that was to be expected. Why doesn't she just start making pop songs? Oh wait, she already does. My b. Anyways, back to the album. Based on my rating system, the album can be classified as average, though was very close to being above average (which is 3.76-4).

All real hip hop fans (Spangs in particular) need to listen to this album I reviewed.

Oneirology by Cunninlynguists
1|Predormitum| 4.5
2|Darkness (Dream on) ft. Anna Wise| 5
3|Phantasmata|4
4|Hard as they Come (act I) ft. Freddie Gibbs| 5
5|Murder Act II ft. Big K.R.I.T| 5
6|My Habit (I Haven't Change)| 4.5
7|Get Ignorant| 3.5
8|Shattered Dreams|4.5
9|Stars Shine Bright (In the Darkest Nights) ft. Rick Warren| 4
10|So as Not to Wake You| 5
11|Enemies with Benefits ft. Tonedeff| 4.5
12|Looking Back ft. Anna Wise|5
13|Dreams ft. Tunji & BJ The Chicago Kid| 4.5
14|Hypnopomp (epilogue) ft. Bianca Spriggs| 3.5
15|Embers| 5
Total: 67.5/75 = 4.5/5

This was my third favorite album of 2011 (behind Returnof4Eva and Section 80) and it is so slept on. This is the best produced album i have heard in a long time and it has some good lyrics.

Best song on the album:

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ID8oBR82nnw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ID8oBR82nnw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

bump over the virgin

I'll try and squeeze in a listen tomorrow. If not though, I'll listen to it on Monday.

Frank Ocean - Wiseman

http://frankocean.tumblr.com/post/38601782...-ill-without-it

This was apparently supposed to be used in "Django Unchained"'s soundtrack, but wasn't used.

Quote:Originally posted by DylVirginBitch@Dec 22 2012, 09:34 PM
2 Chainz isn't as bad as you say he is, lol. I'm not saying he's great obviously, but he's not horrible. And I would have to say my least favorite rapper ever is French Montana. Can't stand him.

I'm excited for DC3 and I had no idea that there was gonna be a WTT 2. I'm excited for that too, now!
2 Chainz is fuckin awful

Him getting nominated for a grammy is a disgrace.

50 Cent's new CD is set to come out in 2013.. Here's a track:

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iAIiRDZ0vE0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iAIiRDZ0vE0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Spangs if you really think 50's album is going to suck you're dreaming.

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Dec 23 2012, 12:50 AM
Spangs if you really think 50's album is going to suck you're dreaming.

umm there is a good chance it does lol.

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Dec 23 2012, 04:15 AM

umm there is a good chance it does lol.

50 Cent studio albums: Get Rich or Die Trying (good), The Massacre (good), Curtis (par), and Before I Self-Destruct (below par). 50 is also probably going to be going through Dre on this one, I doubt he disappoints. After his first 2 he was too worried about doing other things and I don't even know if I consider BISD an actual studio album.

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Dec 23 2012, 01:36 AM

50 Cent studio albums: Get Rich or Die Trying (good), The Massacre (good), Curtis (par), and Before I Self-Destruct (below par). 50 is also probably going to be going through Dre on this one, I doubt he disappoints. After his first 2 he was too worried about doing other things and I don't even know if I consider BISD an actual studio album.

Get Rich or Die Trying was really good, i felt the rest sucked dick.

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Dec 23 2012, 04:55 AM

Get Rich or Die Trying was really good, i felt the rest sucked dick.

I feel you.. 50 is different for everyone, I just have faith in him for this because I have enjoyed his mixtapes lately.

Well, of the 4 songs I've heard from the album, Major Distribution was the best and it was meh at best. New Day was iight, My Life sucked, and First Date was trash. Not to mention that both of his mixtapes this year were bad. Actually, I'd say that The Lost Tape was downright horrible. 5 (Murder by Numbers) was below average to bad at times.

Wiz Khalifa - Flight School

Boarding Pass - 3/5
Ms Rightfernow - 4/5
Shame - 3.5/5
Starstruck (Remix) - 2.5/5
Dreamer - 3.5/5
Get Sum - 2/5
Material - 4/5
Teach U to fly - 3.5/5
Im Good - 3/5
Name on a Cloud - 4.5/5
Wassup - 4/5
Kleenex - 2/5
Never Ever - 2.5/5
Soulmate - 3.5/5
Superstar - 3.5/5
Heart & Soul - 2.5/5
Take Away - 5/5
Sky High - 4/5
Hollywood Hoes - 4/5
Extra Credit - 3/5
Extra Extra Credit - 3/5

Total - 70.5/105 = 67% - C Grade (Average)