Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by PostWhoreFromOntario@Jan 20 2013, 10:03 PM

I think he's still above-average however it's his motivational skills and high-energy that really lead a team.

That Colts game he really showed up as above average, leading the game in hits, however it's really starting to show in his stamina and speed.
He's 37... For his age he's well above average, he's still competent out there and doesn't miss coverage often. He can still wrap up a tackle, sure he may not be as athletic or strong winded as prior but he's still a damn good LB especially for his age

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by PostWhoreFromOntario@Jan 20 2013, 10:03 PM

I think he's still above-average however it's his motivational skills and high-energy that really lead a team.

That Colts game he really showed up as above average, leading the game in hits, however it's really starting to show in his stamina and speed.
his athleticism is just not even close to what it used to be.
i guess you could make the argument that he is slightly above average...and his leadership makes up for it.
i just think he is retiring at the right time.
i know it came as a surprise to some people, but i hate watching the all-time greats play until they are average/below-average players

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 20 2013, 11:04 PM
Spangs I thought you were a Giants fan, you're not riding LT's dick as the best LB of all time?

I'd definitely take LT in his prime over Ray in his prime

Except Ray Lewis is the ONLY player in NFL history with 30+ ints and 50+ sacks and is one of if not THE greatest motivator of all time.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by PostWhoreFromOntario@Jan 20 2013, 10:07 PM

Except Ray Lewis is the ONLY player in NFL history with 30+ ints and 50+ sacks and is one of if not THE greatest motivator of all time.
its between LT and Ray.
the argument of who is better is irrelevant imo

just like the argument of who the greatest QB of all-time is

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Jan 20 2013, 11:08 PM

its between LT and Ray.
the argument of who is better is irrelevant imo

just like the argument of who the greatest QB of all-time is

How is Joe Flacco irrelevant :ph34r:

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

Quote:Originally posted by PostWhoreFromOntario@Jan 20 2013, 10:07 PM

LT was a much better penetration LB. He may not have had many INT's but he played when passes weren't being thrown in bunches of 50+ a game by some teams. He's probably the best Run stopping LB in the history of the game

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 20 2013, 10:10 PM

LT was a much better penetration LB. He may not have had many INT's but he played when passes weren't being thrown in bunches of 50+ a game by some teams. He's probably the best Run stopping LB in the history of the game
But comparing the two is irrelevant as Alex said, two different types of LB's I just found it funny as Spangs is the only Giants fan I know who isn't still praising LT as God's gift to earth

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 20 2013, 11:10 PM

Sure, he can be the best run stopping linebacker, but that's 3/4 of the position.

Quote:Originally posted by PostWhoreFromOntario@Jan 20 2013, 10:12 PM

Sure, he can be the best run stopping linebacker, but that's 3/4 of the position.
Back then it was more like 80-90% of the position Tongue But see my post after the one you quoted for more of an explanation

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 20 2013, 10:10 PM

LT was a much better penetration LB. He may not have had many INT's [b]but he played when passes weren't being thrown in bunches of 50+ a game by some teams.
He's probably the best Run stopping LB in the history of the game[/b]
that didnt happen until a few years ago...Ray has been in the league a while now
LT was obviously the better pass rusher
but i could easily make the arguement that Ray was the better run stopper,

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Jan 20 2013, 10:14 PM

that didnt happen until a few years ago...Ray has been in the league a while now
LT was obviously the better pass rusher
but i could easily make the arguement that Ray was the better run stopper,
I'd take LT over Ray as a rushing and run block/stopping LB, but I'd definitely take Ray as a coverage LB

I'd take Ray as an overall linebacker personally, he's just dominant at all three parts of the position.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 20 2013, 10:16 PM

I'd take LT over Ray as a rushing and run block/stopping LB, but I'd definitely take Ray as a coverage LB
i thought you were making the case that LT is better.
run block/stopping is arguable imo

LT > pass rushing
Ray > coverage

either way they both played the position in different way.
and both were the best of all-time in the way that they played it.

Im too young to comment on LT, because Ive never seen the guy play, but wasnt he more of a hybrid outside linebacker/d-end, kind of the Demarcus Ware type player?

If so theyre really not comparable, both were the best at their given positions, Id consider inside and outside linebacker to be very different skill sets.

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Jan 20 2013, 10:20 PM

i thought you were making the case that LT is better.
run block/stopping is arguable imo

LT > pass rushing
Ray > coverage

either way they both played the position in different way.
and both were the best of all-time in the way that they played it.
Nah they're even, I don't think either one is a clear cut winner, they both have their super strengths, and just their strengths. Only reason I brought up LT was because Spangs said Ray was the GOAT and I've never heard a Giants fan take Ray over LT