Create Account

Why Is It...

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Jan 28 2013, 02:40 PM

Get rid of the shit. ( ͡° ͜ᴥ ͡°)

u totally owe me a smooch for setting ya up so perfectly

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Jan 28 2013, 05:40 PM

But Deezy wasn't forbade FOREVER.

At the time, yes he was. He still should be, but I guess cheating in both leagues is coo now.

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Jan 28 2013, 05:40 PM

But Deezy wasn't forbade FOREVER.
Then either the discipline committee completely worded his suspension wrong and at that point we are going to have to check over any other lengthy suspensions because by his punishment it damn near seemed like forever.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 05:40 PM

No. If they overturned it and allowed him to play again that'd be a bit different. But it's also been 24 years. If you guys want to let Deezy into the HOF be my guest but changing the ban is stupid imo, why put a punishment only to overturn it 3 seasons later?

Like I said, things change. Deezy was the only person on this site that had a punishment last that long and I'm sure at the time we meant to keep it forever, but forever is a dangerous thing. It's been a good while since that was put in place and we felt that the chains could be loosened up a bit.

Listen, I'm not trying to sway anybody's opinion because who am I to say what you should think. I understand your position and respect that you are trying to discuss it respectfully. This is our position on it and we're going into the situation very cautious and aware.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2
Regular Season - [G 3] [A 14] [Pts 17] [+/- +19] [PIM 18] [Hits 33] [SB 156]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jan 28 2013, 05:42 PM

At the time, yes he was. He still should be, but I guess cheating in both leagues is coo now.

Well that just completely untrue, but I know this post is supposed to be over the top.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 05:46 PM

Well that just completely untrue, but I know this post is supposed to be over the top.

Which part is untrue?

You said earlier it was, at the time, meant to be forever and its a fact he did cheat in both leagues. Im not trying to argue, it literally doesnt Impact me in either way. Unless I recreate, in which case I hope the Impact draft me because my bank account will be looking niceee.

I just dont get why someone can hold a position they cheated in and exploited earlier. But again, it really doesnt affect me.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 05:44 PM

Like I said, things change. Deezy was the only person on this site that had a punishment last that long and I'm sure at the time we meant to keep it forever, but forever is a dangerous thing. It's been a good while since that was put in place and we felt that the chains could be loosened up a bit.

Listen, I'm not trying to sway anybody's opinion because who am I to say what you should think. I understand your position and respect that you are trying to discuss it respectfully. This is our position on it and we're going into the situation very cautious and aware.
I just think it's unfair to the others who were eligible to be looked over once again for someone who shouldn't be holding any position in this league at this point in my honest opinion. I personally would be quite upset to be passed over by a cheater. I just am unsure why that's changed , I understand and respect your stance on it but just trying to understand it a bit better.

Quote:Originally posted by Idot@Jan 28 2013, 05:41 PM

u totally owe me a smooch for setting ya up so perfectly

:*

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 05:50 PM

I just think it's unfair to the others who were eligible to be looked over once again for someone who shouldn't be holding any position in this league at this point in my honest opinion.  I personally would be quite upset to be passed over by a cheater. I just am unsure why that's changed , I understand and respect your stance on it but just trying to understand it a bit better.

See you keep bringing this up that you're upset other people got looked over, and when I say we didn't pick Deezy, you dismiss that completely and say we gave permission so it's the same thing.

No it's not the same thing. We offered Darian the opportunity to pick Deezy and that was only after he chose him as the top 2 candidates. The way you are putting it, Darian cannot think for himself and chose Deezy because he was allowed too. He already stated his argument as to why he picked Deezy and it wasn't because he was allowed too. If Darian doesn't have Deezy in his top 2, this situation is avoided, much like it's avoided if we kept the punishment.

And before you say it, I know if we refused Deezy the opportunity then Darian couldn't of picked him and therefore would of given the position to someone else.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jan 28 2013, 05:50 PM

Which part is untrue?

You said earlier it was, at the time, meant to be forever and its a fact he did cheat in both leagues.  Im not trying to argue, it literally doesnt Impact me in either way.  Unless I recreate, in which case I hope the Impact draft me because my bank account will be looking niceee.

I just dont get why someone can hold a position they cheated in and exploited earlier. But again, it really doesnt affect me.

The part about cheating being OK.

Again, he is not getting the same position he held before. He's not a GM, he's not a simmer, and he's not the banker. He can't load up bank accounts. He's basically there to help Darian and be a mentor to the rookies on the team.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 05:54 PM

See you keep bringing this up that you're upset other people got looked over, and when I say we didn't pick Deezy, you dismiss that completely and say we gave permission so it's the same thing.

No it's not the same thing. We offered Darian the opportunity to pick Deezy and that was only after he chose him as the top 2 candidates. The way you are putting it, Darian cannot think for himself and chose Deezy because he was allowed too. He already stated his argument as to why he picked Deezy and it wasn't because he was allowed too.

And before you say it, I know if we refused Deezy the opportunity then Darian couldn't of picked him and therefore would of given the position to someone else.
But it's not that I have a problem with Darian picking him, it's more that he has the opportunity to pick him. I just don't understand the change in allowing him to be chosen at all. I see his argument and his argument doesn't quite sit well with me when he's using his Season 7-8 days as a GM as evidence when for much of it he was being shady and breaking the rules to make his players richer. I just don't see the point in going back on the suspension. Deezy hasn't really proved anything to me, and it's only been 3 seasons (About 4-6 months I believe) I just find it hard to find solace in us letting some punishments go needlessly.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 06:02 PM

But it's not that I have a problem with Darian picking him, it's more that he has the opportunity to pick him. I just don't understand the change in allowing him to be chosen at all. I see his argument and his argument doesn't quite sit well with me when he's using his Season 7-8 days as a GM as evidence when for much of it he was being shady and breaking the rules to make his players richer. I just don't see the point in going back on the suspension. Deezy hasn't really proved anything to me, and it's only been 3 seasons (About 4-6 months I believe) I just find it hard to find solace in us letting some punishments go needlessly.

We loosened the chains a little bit from what was previously given. By your logic, once a punishment is handed out, you shouldn't be able to change it, correct? So should we eliminate the appeals committee, because they serve that exact purpose.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 08:06 AM

It's kinda a slap in the face to others who have been trying time and time again to get a job.

(Dave Smith,

If it makes you feel better... I was hired as NWJHL pbp Director.... I've just been waiting and waiting and waiting for Wadey to get set up Tongue

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 06:07 PM

We loosened the chains a little bit from what was previously given. By your logic, once a punishment is handed out, you shouldn't be able to change it, correct? So should we eliminate the appeals committee, because they serve that exact purpose.

I would be totally fine with giving Deezy a league job (updater or something similar), but I just dont understand taking the chains off completely by giving him back a position he cheated in in the past.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 06:07 PM

Once a punishment for someone who's cheated 4 times has been handed it should stick. Obviously an appeals committee is fine but at the same time this isn't a normal suspension this is someone who's cheated 4 different times. He's been caught cheating 4 out of the 7 seasons he's been here. That's more than once every 2 seasons. I definitely think a suspension like that should stick, otherwise we should let Meg back, it's been over a year for her. She's no longer 16, so she could be more mature now.