Create Account

Why Is It...

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jan 28 2013, 06:13 PM

I would be totally fine with giving Deezy a league job (updater or something similar), but I just dont understand taking the chains off completely by giving him back a position he cheated in in the past.

Chains aren't off completely.

I addressed that in my last post quoting you. He's not getting his old position back. He's not a GM, he's not a simmer, and he's not the banker. He can't load up bank accounts. He's basically there to help Darian and be a mentor to the rookies on the team.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2
Regular Season - [G 3] [A 14] [Pts 17] [+/- +19] [PIM 18] [Hits 33] [SB 156]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

I just think that some things are inexcusable (in an online-league) and what Deezy did not once, but multiple times, falls exactly under that category. I never had any problems with him personally nor do I think that he will cheat again, but I just think that there are some punishments that you have to follow through with, and this is one of them. Deezy was already lucky that he was even allowed to stay in the league, I think this was enough of a break for him. Lifting the job-ban just doesn't seem like the right thing to do, at least for me.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I DEFINITELY will be quite upset with the league if he's ever allowed to be a head GM again. As long as we're in agreement on that.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 03:07 PM

We loosened the chains a little bit from what was previously given. By your logic, once a punishment is handed out, you shouldn't be able to change it, correct? So should we eliminate the appeals committee, because they serve that exact purpose.

The appeals committee works differently than what has been done now. Deezy's punishment has ben run though the appeals committee I believe and it was soften. The appeals committee is for the players to talk with the disciplinary committee to prevent needless conflict a.k.a Bleak issue. It also prevents bias from the disciplinary committee towards the said player.

Changing a punishment to suit no one is different from changing a punishment to suit the one punished and the disciplinary committee, or the league and the player as a whole

Discord are for plebs

Cheaters in this league get far. We should all take notes Wink

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

stud, are u retiring this season?

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 06:14 PM

Once a punishment for someone who's cheated 4 times has been handed it should stick. Obviously an appeals committee is fine but at the same time this isn't a normal suspension this is someone who's cheated 4 different times. He's been caught cheating 4 out of the 7 seasons he's been here. That's more than once every 2 seasons. I definitely think a suspension like that should stick, otherwise we should let Meg back, it's been over a year for her. She's no longer 16, so she could be more mature now.

Noted. We clearly don't agree on this and that's not a bad thing by any means. All I can do is tell you to give it a chance and give it time. We know the risk in this situation. If Deezy somehow does something again, we all look bad (commissioners, not you guys) and we'll man up and admit our mistake. We've made mistakes before and we've taken the damage and anger from it.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 06:15 PM

Chains aren't off completely.

I addressed that in my last post quoting you. He's not getting his old position back. He's not a GM, he's not a simmer, and he's not the banker. He can't load up bank accounts. He's basically there to help Darian and be a mentor to the rookies on the team.

Unless i read it wrong isnt he assistant GM? I was an assisitant GM and i could do anything a head gm could other than finalize a trade. And he cant stuff bank accounts because the way he did it was taken away after he abused the system lol.

#DeezyMostlyUnchained

Why not put this to a discuss then vote.... NWJHL and SHL commishes... Rulebook Managers(etc) / Appeals Committee...

This way many opinions are heard and then all should be happy!

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jan 28 2013, 06:21 PM

Unless i read it wrong isnt he assistant GM?  I was an assisitant GM and i could do anything a head gm could other than finalize a trade.  And he cant stuff bank accounts because the way he did it was taken away after he abused the system lol.

#DeezyMostlyUnchained

Django was unchained, Deezy isn't.

The responsibilities that a co-gm or assistant gm have is completely up to the Head GM. It depends on what the Head GM gives permission for them to do. I'm going to go ahead and assume Darian knows what to let Deezy do or don't do. It's his team after all.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Tylar@Jan 28 2013, 06:17 PM
Cheaters in this league get far. We should all take notes Wink

I already have, let's see how long it takes them notice what I've done...

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 06:20 PM

Noted. We clearly don't agree on this and that's not a bad thing by any means. All I can do is tell you to give it a chance and give it time. We know the risk in this situation. If Deezy somehow does something again, we all look bad (commissioners, not you guys) and we'll man up and admit our mistake. We've made mistakes before and we've taken the damage and anger from it.
To be honest I'd like Meg back Tongue She brought some comedy to the league (I was probably the only one who found it funny tbh Tongue) but that's beside the point, but as long as we're both clear here. The No HEAD GM still stands correct? Please tell me we're not going back on that at all

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 04:27 PM

To be honest I'd like Meg back Tongue She brought some comedy to the league (I was probably the only one who found it funny tbh Tongue) but that's beside the point, but as long as we're both clear here. The No HEAD GM still stands correct? Please tell me we're not going back on that at all

he just wants a threesome with hoggie and meg imo.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 06:27 PM

As far as I know, we loosen the reigns enough for him to become a co-GM. Basically a job without much power, but still something to hold his hat on. I don't envision a scenario right now where he becomes a head GM anywhere, SHL or NWJHL.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

The problem is that this sends the message that every "crime" is, after some time, excusable. What Deezy did was about the worst anyone in this league in this league has ever done that didn't give this person a perma-ban. If he gets partial or full amnesty for this, and that's exactly what's happening at the moment, you are saying that basically everything bad that someone does around here has an expiration-date, and after that it gets forgotten and/or forgiven. I know that's not the message you want to send, but that's how it looks.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]