Create Account

Karlsson out indefinetely

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Feb 14 2013, 11:14 AM

Yeah guys keep your norris dman, he's not good enough for almighty Maxy and his Ducks
Lol we have over 6 capable defensemen none of whom have a price tag near 6 mil. 6 mill for one great season no thanks.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 14 2013, 11:25 AM

Lol we have over 6 capable defensemen none of whom have a price tag near 6 mil. 6 mill for one great season no thanks.

Well your 6 dman would have to have a great season for you to say something like that.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Feb 14 2013, 11:26 AM

Well your 6 dman would have to have a great season for you to say something like that.
Souray, Beauchamin, Sbisa, Lydman, Allen have all had great seasons before just waiting on Fowler to have his then I'll be able to say it

Karlsson shouldn't have won the Norris. He's not a Norris caliber defenseman. He's an offensive defenseman, but a damn good one.

I have seen rookieesque turnovers from the guy and he's not terrible, but not great in his own defensive zone.

A great asset, but not a Norris defenseman.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Quote:Originally posted by Ace@Feb 14 2013, 11:33 AM
Karlsson shouldn't have won the Norris. He's not a Norris caliber defenseman. He's an offensive defenseman, but a damn good one.

I have seen rookieesque turnovers from the guy and he's not terrible, but not great in his own defensive zone.

A  great asset, but not a Norris defenseman.
Weber should have won it. Karlsson had a great season as a player but not as a defensemen

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 14 2013, 11:35 AM

Weber should have won it. Karlsson had a great season as a player but not as a defensemen
Wouldn't have been mad at a Weber win. I think Chara did damn well last year too.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 14 2013, 11:23 AM

I just dislike his style of play and more so the way the media talks about him like he's the next coming of Lidstrom. Guy had one great season I'd like to see him back it up a couple more times before getting such praise

You do realize he was on pace to repeat the Norris this season, right?

I've seen him make mistakes in the defensive zone, but I've also seen him make fantastic plays. He well deserved that award last season, no doubt about it.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Out rest of the season, But I think its 3-4 Months. Should be ready to go next season.

Quote:Originally posted by Toastrio@Feb 14 2013, 11:31 AM

You do realize he was on pace to repeat the Norris this season, right?

I've seen him make mistakes in the defensive zone, but I've also seen him make fantastic plays. He well deserved that award last season, no doubt about it.

Yeahthat

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

what I have learnt today, the word "great" has a wider definition than before if guys like Allen and Lydman had GREAT seasons.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Feb 14 2013, 11:44 AM
what I have learnt today, the word "great" has a wider definition than before if guys like Allen and Lydman had GREAT seasons.

gotem

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 14 2013, 09:29 AM

Souray, Beauchamin, Sbisa, Lydman, Allen have all had great seasons before just waiting on Fowler to have his then I'll be able to say it
If by great you mean alright. And if you truly mean great, its quite obvious favoritism. For example, on the Leafs everyone is great with the exception of anyone who scored the night before, who is considered a first ballot hall of famer. Don't get yourself mixed in with that conglomerate.

Souray has had a +60 point season, Beauch was a superb dman in 06-07, Sbisa put up great numbers on a struggling team last season

Lydman and Allen are our only two who haven't had great great seasons numbers wise. Sorry but you don't have to win the Norris to have a great season. That's just idiotic

I feel fine Huh

Karlsson won the Norris for 2 reasons not only did he have 22 points more than any defender in the NHL(and i dont recall a defensemen since the lock out to pass 65 points maybe wrong) and his plus minus went from -30 NHL worst to plus 14 if that doesnt show leaps and bounds better defensive play then your idiotic cuz there are guys on CBJ and EDM with better plus minus and there worse teams that Ottawa. Is he an amazing defender thats gunna run your PK or be out there up 1 goal last minute in the game no but hes not half as bad as he was defensively. Lets also keep in mind hes 22 years old how many offensive defenders outside of Pietreanglo become 2 way studs early in there career. 1 Good season hes with Patrick Kane tied for votes for the Hart as the league MVP. And on pace for the Norris till this injury. Nobody is going to go out there and call Karlsson a defensive defender but hes good enough in his own zone that hes Norris worthy.

West Kendall