Create Account

Official NBA Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Apr 29 2013, 10:03 PM

What? Oh I meant to quote you dyl

ya that's what I was asking lol

Bye bye Rockets...

SWEEP, SWEEP

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

I would definitely move Bargnani for spects or package him for a ready now big man. I don't think we need to tank because we are THIS close to being a playoff team, and even if we play bad and miss the dance, this is a real deep draft where we should get a good pick.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Apr 29 2013, 10:22 PM
I would definitely move Bargnani for spects or package him for a ready now big man. I don't think we need to tank because we are THIS close to being a playoff team, and even if we play bad and miss the dance, this is a real deep draft where we should get a good pick.

I'd say an improvement at PF and more depth and you guys would be set.

With that being said, you don't wanna be stuck as an 8 seed and going nowhere like the Hawks have been the last few years. Although in the East, it wouldn't be hard to be a 5th seed and it's not out of the question to steal 3rd seed. Not the Raptors, just in general.

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@Apr 29 2013, 10:02 PM
wiggins is the gardiner of the nba tbh. kid will be great. those who don't appreciate are wrong.

but, serious question here, why do i never hear about him if he's the "next lebron"? with lebron, espn could talk about nothing else. even with shabazz muhammad, they fell in love with him for some reason. now, with wiggins, i never hear anything. maybe i will next year when he's hopefully not at calipari u.
yea i mean i never seen Wiggins play, but Bazz Muhammad was getting just as much hype coming into college and he obviously hasnt lived up to it.
he might in the long run, but i feel like every year theres a HS kid that people call "the next ____"

Wiggins commits to Kansas

@GrantTraylor: Announcement at 12:09 pm that he will be going to Kansas with Bill Self and Kurtis Townsend.

@michaelgrange: Interesting choice by @22wiggins ... said that what impressed him most there was the weight room and training staff; indicates his mind set.

Good choice. Looks like the kid wants to be the best. What I also like about him is he didnt do a whole big TV show thing. Just quietly went about it with his family, friends, and his school and one local reporter.

The thing that I saw watching Wiggins play live is that he's more like a Durant than a LeBron. He uses his amazing athleticism and has solid range, won't be a shut-down defender but he'll be the 3rd best on the team at worst. He won't play much in the post (where I saw him get destroyed by a sophomore because he has no skills) but he'll be dominant off the dribble. He'll be good when he gets coached up and he finds a nice balance in his shot (like Durant did recently), but he's already good at picking his spots and seeing ahead of the play. I think he's more likely to pan out than Jabari Parker is, and he's going to be a very exciting player to watch in college and in the NBA.

I'm hoping he can get some help from trainers and beef up a bit, because he is something special and with Bill Self could develop the post moves for the NBA, I just don't see it in him yet. He'll still be a top scorer on a playoff team that could make Conference Finals, possibly win a title later in his career when LeBron quits being LeBron and Durant is nice again.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 14 2013, 11:16 AM
Wiggins commits to Kansas

@GrantTraylor: Announcement at 12:09 pm that he will be going to Kansas with Bill Self and Kurtis Townsend.

@michaelgrange: Interesting choice by @22wiggins ... said that what impressed him most there was the weight room and training staff; indicates his mind set.

Good choice. Looks like the kid wants to be the best. What I also like about him is he didnt do a whole big TV show thing. Just quietly went about it with his family, friends, and his school and one local reporter.

shoulda went to FSU or UNC. Bill Self knows what he's doing though, so it's a good choice.

Have 2nd row seats to the Pacers/Knicks game tonight, but I got my Wisdom teeth out yesterday and haven't decided if I'm going to go or not(they were free).

Rather annoyed.

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@May 14 2013, 01:38 PM
Have 2nd row seats to the Pacers/Knicks game tonight, but I got my Wisdom teeth out yesterday and haven't decided if I'm going to go or not(they were free).

Rather annoyed.

its the playoffs, you gotta go

Rose is a bitch tho. Used to be my favourite player.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 14 2013, 05:33 PM
Rose is a bitch tho. Used to be my favourite player.
I wholly disagree with you. Just look at Gilbert Arenas, if Rose comes back before his head is back in it then that's what he'll be exactly. I'd rather he just sits back and gets his confidence back.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@May 14 2013, 11:33 AM
The thing that I saw watching Wiggins play live is that he's more like a Durant than a LeBron. He uses his amazing athleticism and has solid range, won't be a shut-down defender but he'll be the 3rd best on the team at worst. He won't play much in the post (where I saw him get destroyed by a sophomore because he has no skills) but he'll be dominant off the dribble. He'll be good when he gets coached up and he finds a nice balance in his shot (like Durant did recently), but he's already good at picking his spots and seeing ahead of the play. I think he's more likely to pan out than Jabari Parker is, and he's going to be a very exciting player to watch in college and in the NBA.

I'm hoping he can get some help from trainers and beef up a bit, because he is something special and with Bill Self could develop the post moves for the NBA, I just don't see it in him yet. He'll still be a top scorer on a playoff team that could make Conference Finals, possibly win a title later in his career when LeBron quits being LeBron and Durant is nice again.

[Image: 52553a2550cf5ff57dd48.jpg]

Glad Wiggins went to Kansas.

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@May 14 2013, 05:52 PM

[Image: 52553a2550cf5ff57dd48.jpg]

Glad Wiggins went to Kansas.
I <3 you for actually getting the reference. I love those ads.

Rose is not a bitch. Everyone heals differently.