Create Account

Letang to Toronto?

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 26 2013, 11:58 PM

Assuming they want a roster dman back to repalce [b]Letang = Franson

Prospect I just throughout a prospect in Finn but of course it can change.[/b]
Not even close...

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Jun 26 2013, 10:59 PM

Franson is a #4 at best.
I worded that wrong. I ment Franson would be on the d not he is the same as Letang. Also Franson is top 4 I know. They aren't going to get a top 2 d back lol.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 12:03 AM

I worded that wrong. I ment Franson would be on the d not he is the same as Letang. Also Franson is top 4 I know. They aren't going to get a top 2 d back lol.
that makes more sense...

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 26 2013, 07:52 PM

Exactly his point.. Why give up the same player + more.

because Letang is a much better version

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Not all that crazy about the potential asking price. I do not want to see Gardiner or Reilly traded. Anything else I'd be OK with, but not at the expense of any of those two. I understand Letang is proven and a top D-man in this league, but I wouldn't want to give up on Gardiner and Reilly.

Of course, I understand why Pittsburgh would want those guys and I don't think they would trade Letang without getting one of them back and you can't blame them.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
32-12-2
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 12] [Pts 14] [+/- +19] [PIM 14] [Hits 27] [SB 128]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 26 2013, 11:11 PM

because Letang is a much better version
oh sorry, didn't realize you could see the future and how a prospect turned out. my bad. Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 26 2013, 09:25 PM

oh sorry, didn't realize you could see the future and how a prospect turned out. my bad.  Wink

Letang can still improve.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 26 2013, 08:25 PM

oh sorry, didn't realize you could see the future and how a prospect turned out. my bad.  Wink

sorry I like to focus on something i can see. Letang is a much better version right now. If you want to win now, you do the deal.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 26 2013, 11:31 PM

sorry I like to focus on something i can see. Letang is a much better version right now. If you want to win now, you do the deal.
Lmao, yes you do this deal if the price is right. If our future is the price you don't do it.

Well I guess I can part ways with Gardiner if needed. Sounds like Letang wants to come to Toronto and would sign here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-h...leafs-if-traded

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 26 2013, 08:32 PM

Lmao, yes you do this deal if the price is right. If our future is the price you don't do it.

You arent giving up your future. You are getting a top 5 Dman who is 26.

Sportsnet and TSN all reported this as well.

This rumor is real.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jun 26 2013, 11:11 PM
Not all that crazy about the potential asking price. I do not want to see Gardiner or Reilly traded. Anything else I'd be OK with, but not at the expense of any of those two. I understand Letang is proven and a top D-man in this league, but I wouldn't want to give up on Gardiner and Reilly.

Of course, I understand why Pittsburgh would want those guys and I don't think they would trade Letang without getting one of them back and you can't blame them.

I didn't know you were a leafs fan, does that make me dumb?

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jun 26 2013, 09:34 PM
Sportsnet and TSN all reported this as well.

This rumor is real.

Did you even read the article?

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 26 2013, 11:33 PM

You arent giving up your future. You are getting a top 5 Dman who is 26.
I'm not up to giving up Reilly (Potential to be Letang), Roster player or spec, and the 1st. The value is way off to me.