Create Account

Letang to Toronto?

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 09:48 PM
Starting to feel like I don't want Letang. The money he is looking for scares me.

Also to everyone hating on Dion, he doesn't want to trade our young guys/prospects you you have to understand why. Every guy we give up always ends up becoming a beast somewhere else. It would be nice just to keep them and let them progress for once.
we would probably end up trading David Broll or something and he would become the next Lucic or something. Toronto has the worst luck when it comes to prospects and picks. Just look at Tlusty, he is pretty good in Carolina.

But Letang is Anti Randy Carlyle ype player he's good not great at defense and Carlyle wants a D first mentality and for 7.5mill for a number 2 (I consider a true number 2 an elite guy at 1 thing and good at the other) is expensive

West Kendall

1. We have our own PMD to develop in Rielly and Gardiner
2. TOO MUCH MONEY and Years
3. Doesnt fix any needs such as Top 4 Shutdown D or Number 1 C and is only adding to the problem of D that doesnt know how to shutdown other teams.
4. Is Anti-Carlyle just what Myers said and would probably be in the doghouse the first week of training camp

We dont want or need Letang. Thank you for the interest though.

After thinking about it, the only way I would want Letang is if he is replacing Phaneuf but Pitts won't want Phaneuf.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 10:48 PM
Starting to feel like I don't want Letang. The money he is looking for scares me.

Also to everyone hating on Dion, he doesn't want to trade our young guys/prospects you you have to understand why. Every guy we give up always ends up becoming a beast somewhere else. It would be nice just to keep them and let them progress for once.

If he said "Letang isn't worth the assets we'd need to give up" then fine, I get that. You and a other Toronto fans have had that opinion and I understand it.

But he said, "We have Reilly and Gardiner and one of them if not both will be as good as Letang guaranteed and Letang wont even help the Leafs anyways."

SO yeah, Im gonna contest that logic.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 10:57 PM
After thinking about it, the only way I would want Letang is if he is replacing Phaneuf but Pitts won't want Phaneuf.
No but another team might. Move him to a team that would use him. and get back a good center and then you have a top 5 DMan in the league and could get something good back for Phaneuf.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jun 27 2013, 11:02 PM

If he said "Letang isn't worth the assets we'd need to give up" then fine, I get that. You and a other Toronto fans have had that opinion and I understand it.

But he said, "We have Reilly and Gardiner and one of them if not both will be as good as Letang guaranteed and Letang wont even help the Leafs anyways."

SO yeah, Im gonna contest that logic.
Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by ProdigyMcdavid@Jun 27 2013, 10:52 PM
But Letang is Anti Randy Carlyle ype player he's good not great at defense and Carlyle wants a D first mentality and for 7.5mill for a number 2 (I consider a true number 2 an elite guy at 1 thing and good at the other) is expensive

Carlyle LOVED Fowler and hes about as anti-stereotypical CArlyle as you can get. Niedermayer isnt you typica Carlyle number one guy either, but he had arguably his best seasons under RC.

From my experiences with RC he gets every ounce of usage out of star players and I think he'd do the same with Letang. Just my opinion though.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:02 PM

No but another team might. Move him to a team that would use him. and get back a good center and then you have a top 5 DMan in the league and could get something good back for Phaneuf.
This would work BUT I still wouldn't want to give Reilly or Gardiner up in a deal for Letang.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:10 PM

This would work BUT I still wouldn't want to give Reilly or Gardiner up in a deal for Letang.

I dont blame you.

If you dont think adding Letang is the move to make you cup contenders than its probably not worth the assets. I think adding a Letang to the core puts the Ducks in that discussion, which is why Id move Ryan+.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jun 27 2013, 11:13 PM

I dont blame you.

If you dont think adding Letang is the move to make you cup contenders than its probably not worth the assets.  I think adding a Letang to the core puts the Ducks in that discussion, which is why Id move Ryan+.
Exactly. Not wanting to give them up is completely understandable. Saying they're replacements for him is another thing all-together. I'd love to give up Ryan for Letang personally. While I would love to get the 11th overall because of who'd be there. Getting Letang takes the Ducks up another level and gives guys like Etem, Palmieri, Bonino, Holland, Maroon ect a chance to shine

I would take Ryan + for Letang. Just don't no money wise if that would work.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 27 2013, 11:18 PM

What would the + have to be. Would Sbisa get it done?

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 27 2013, 11:18 PM
If you really did offer Letang what is reported he turned down it should work. Ryan is signed for around that number but I think it's slightly under, and he's signed for 2 seasons so that would buy some time for yas

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jun 27 2013, 11:20 PM

What would the + have to be. Would Sbisa get it done?
They should just take Allen and call it good :ph34r: