Create Account

Letang to Toronto?

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jun 27 2013, 08:20 PM

What would the + have to be. Would Sbisa get it done?

Sbisa might work. Personally i would like a first.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Letang turning down 7mil a year for 8 years scares me because these rumours MIGHT be true. I really don't want to give up Gardiner or Reilly.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
32-12-2
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 12] [Pts 14] [+/- +19] [PIM 14] [Hits 27] [SB 128]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Re-Name this to Kris Letang Speculation Thread

He isnt coming to Toronto.

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jun 27 2013, 10:00 PM

Because I want my team to be patient with our prospects and grow our own talent? [b]Whats the fucking point of wasting pieces on Letang. Its not like he is gonna make any difference

WE NEED A TOP LINE CENTER AND A TOP 4 SHUTDOWN DEFENSEMAN. PHANEUF, FRANSON, LILES, RIELLY, and GARDINER CAN ALL CARRY THE PUCK. WHATS THE POINT OF MORE OFFENSE D?[/b]

yeah cause letang really isn't a game changer Rolleyes

you may think rielly is the next letang but it doesn't mean he will be, so many beast prospects have busted. look at daigle, he was suppose to be the greatest young player the league had to offer. bro ur really looking bad atm, letang>rielly, letang has proven himself at the nhl level and its not the same deal as rask for raycroft seeing as raycroft only had one good year and rask took years of development in boston (who had one of the best developping systems in the league once PC came). He wouldnt have flourish in toronto.

letang is a top 2 dman and a consistent norris threat every year, rielly isnt there yet and neither is gardiner. i really like you bro but man it annoys me when u act like this.

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 27 2013, 11:26 PM

yeah cause letang really isn't a game changer  Rolleyes

you may think rielly is the next letang but it doesn't mean he will be, so many beast prospects have busted. look at daigle, he was suppose to be the greatest young player the league had to offer. bro ur really looking bad atm, letang>rielly, letang has proven himself at the nhl level and its not the same deal as rask for raycroft seeing as raycroft only had one good year and rask took years of development in boston (who had one of the best developping systems in the league once PC came). He wouldnt have flourish in toronto.

letang is a top 2 dman and a consistent norris threat every year, rielly isnt there yet and neither is gardiner. i really like you bro but man it annoys me when u act like this.
I must say, if Reilly is really the next Letang, I'm curious what Yakupov, Murray, Reinhart and Galchenyuk are :lol:

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Why dont Pens just give Letang his money and flip Orpik here to Toronto? Much smarter move IMO and Orpik fits our needs.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:30 PM

I must say, if Reilly is really the next Letang, I'm curious what Yakupov, Murray, Reinhart and Galchenyuk are :lol:

Gretzky, Orr, Coffey, Howe

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 27 2013, 11:26 PM

yeah cause letang really isn't a game changer  Rolleyes

Ok hold it. You're telling me that Rask wouldn't have been the same goalie if he was in Toronto? So you can predict shit eh?

Also Letang > Reilly right now, we all know that. The fact is Reilly has the potential to become Letang or even better. Why would we give up that plus another guy plus a 1st? It's bad business. We want to hold on to our young guys and let them progress for once. Only guy we have done that with lately is Kadri.

West Kendall

They have the chance to become great players? I'm confused on what your point is here.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:33 PM

They have the chance to become great players? I'm confused on what your point is here.
Well if Reilly's is going to be one of the top 5 DMen in the league (Like Letang who is a top 5DMan in the league) I'm curious what 2 defensemen taken before him would be is what I was asking.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:32 PM

Ok hold it. You're telling me that Rask wouldn't have been the same goalie if he was in Toronto? So you can predict shit eh?

Also Letang > Reilly right now, we all know that. The fact is Reilly has the potential to become Letang or even better. Why would we give up that plus another guy plus a 1st? It's bad business. We want to hold on to our young guys and let them progress for once. Only guy we have done that with lately is Kadri.

I dont think he would be the same goalie if he was in Toronto, yes thats what Im saying, how many goalies have busted in Toronto? Gustavsson, Pogge, Raycroft, Toskala etc... The environment is alot worst than Boston, the Bruins gave him a chance to fully develop b4 bringing him up and then once he was ready, he learned from one of the best goalies the league had to offer. He flew under the Boston system, I dont believe he would have done the same in Toronto.

Quote:Originally posted by ProdigyMcdavid@Jun 27 2013, 11:32 PM

Oh makes sense. Glad for those teams. :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 27 2013, 11:39 PM

I dont think he would be the same goalie if he was in Toronto, yes thats what Im saying, how many goalies have busted in Toronto? Gustavsson, Pogge, Raycroft, Toskala etc... The environment is alot worst than Boston, the Bruins gave him a chance to fully develop b4 bringing him up and then once he was ready, he learned from one of the best goalies the league had to offer. He flew under the Boston system, I dont believe he would have done the same in Toronto.
I have to agree. Toronto has a bad history with goalies recently. Meanwhile Boston doesn't have that problem.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:39 PM

Well if Reilly's is going  to be one of the top 5 DMen in the league (Like Letang who is a top 5DMan in the league) I'm curious what 2 defensemen taken before him would be is what I was asking.
Reilly's potential > but I'm not up for another 10+ pages of you disagreeing.