Create Account

Still Adjusting to the SHL

<div align="center">It seems like yesterday Chuck Winnfield joined the SHL and made his debut with the New England Wolfpack. 3 seasons into his career, Winnfield is not the rookie he once was. The former 1st overall pick in the Season 14 SHL Entry Draft is New England’s franchise defenseman and he is trying to take the necessary steps to adjust to that role.

[Image: subban_pk_225x300.jpg]
Going 1st overall was only the beginning for Winnfield and the Wolfpack

“It isn't easy to come into the SHL as a rookie and attempt to make an impact, especially when you’re going up against the best the league has to offer. I was brought into New England with high hopes, and unlike many of my fellow draftees, I stuck with the club and didn’t have an extra season in the SMJHL to help me mature”

Not many players can live up to the potential that comes with being drafted 1st overall, and Winnfield has taken big strides during his time off to become a better player. “The regular season was fantastic. I felt great out there and I was contributing to my team’s success. However, the playoffs were completely different, and losing in a game 7 was tough”

This offseason saw Winnfield’s agent, Roberto Martucci, get inducted into the SHL Hall of Fame. Having an agent who played in the league and had success has been a key for Winnfield in trying to become a better player. “He was a talented player, and I've heard lots of players tell me he was tough to play against. Just looking at his totals, you can tell he knows what it takes to be successful. His presence has helped me transition after a rough couple of seasons.” Martucci must have taught Winnfield something as his point totals more than doubled in Season 16. Winnfield is coming off a fresh contract extension and looks to be training again, something that was an issue towards the end of this past season. New England will be relying heavily on him this season, and he hopes to deliver.

[Image: mullersubban.jpg]
Winnfield will attempt to have a bigger impact with the Wolfpack in Season 17</div>

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Going to be fun playing behind such stellar players.

Winnfield = Monster

... and I don't mean Urijah :lol:

:ph34r:

No mention of how playing with Morley in the juniors had a serious positive impact on your hockey pedigree.

1/10 would not read again

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#sweg@Feb 17 2014, 02:06 AM
No mention of how playing with Morley in the juniors had a serious positive impact on your hockey pedigree.

1/10 would not read again
I'm sorry I let you down

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Feb 16 2014, 11:32 PM
Winnfield = Monster

... and I don't mean Urijah :lol:

:ph34r:
Just for that I'm giving up on the season. Bye.

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Feb 17 2014, 11:46 AM

I'm sorry I let you down
You let me down brother. Forgot to mention how great I was.

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Feb 17 2014, 12:54 PM

You let me down brother. Forgot to mention how great I was.

You're not that great

Meh points dont gauge you as a defender. Ur already an impact player for the Wolfpack.

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by PlatoonFranchise@Feb 17 2014, 01:04 PM
Meh points dont gauge you as a defender. Ur already an impact player for the Wolfpack.

Yeah I guess, still had a better season than my 2nd season in the SHL.

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Feb 17 2014, 12:01 PM

You're not that great
Nice job losing to me twice in the playoffs. BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Feb 17 2014, 01:13 PM

Nice job losing to me twice in the playoffs. BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Not impressed

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Feb 17 2014, 12:27 PM

Not impressed
Your GM is!