Create Account

Goalie Preview for Upcoming Season Part 2 of 5

Welcome back to this 5 part series looking at each position for the upcoming season. Today we will cover the last line of defense, the goalie. Since there are so few goalies, this will be a shorter article. We will start with the best 3 goalies in the league.

3. Jordin Four-Four - Texas Renegades: Jordin has a stupid name, I feel sorry for his parents and fore fathers for having to have that as a last name. But thankfully his goal tending more than makes up for his name. This rookie came out like a seasoned vet and put together one of the best rookie seasons for a goalie that I have ever seen. This season will be difficult for the Renegades as they get progressively worse with the loss of Armia and potential loss of Rufus Reinhart, but I expect Jordin to backstop them into the playoffs. Expect Jordin to battle for the McBride trophy for best goalie and expect him to become a legend in this league.

[Image: Kari-Lehtonen-Dallas-Stars5.jpg]

Last Season: 25 W, 16 L, 3 T, 2.19 G.A.A, .915 SV%
This Season: 23 W, 19 L, 2 T, 2. 24 G.A.A, .912 SV%

2. Jamie Shelter - Los Angeles Panthers: The Panthers had a good season last year and I think they surprised a number of people. This season there is no surprise but thankfully they have a fantastic team that is backed up by a tremendous goalie in Jamie Shelter. He will once again be in the net and should get the Panthers to the promise land for the first time since s6. The got a bit better defensively and have enough players who can play the 200 foot game to make life a bit easier for Jamie. I think we will see his win totals go up and see his G.A.A go down. Jamie Shelter will finally take that next step into becoming an elite goalie.

[Image: jonathan-quick-580x316-20120102.jpg]

Last Season: 27 W, 13 L, 2 T, 2.37 G.A.A, .900 SV%
This Season 29 W, 12 L, 3 T, 2.21 G.A.A, .911 SV%

1. Mike Verminski - Calgary Dragons: The Calgary Dragons are backed up by the best goalie in the league now that Heiss is gone. He has basically been the reason the Dragons have been so relevant in this league. He stops the puck at a rabid pace and it shows when you look at his numbers. He had a sub 2 GAA and an almost .920 save percentage. The Dragons should be substantially better this season and Verminski will once again reap the rewards. Expect Verm to be at the top of the goalie mountain this season and see him take home the McBride away for the leagues best goalie.

[Image: ramo650.jpg&size=650x366&quality=85]

Last Season: 23 W, 17 L, 4 T, 1.98 G.A.A, .919 SV%
This Season: 25 W, 14 L, 5 T, 1.89 G.A.A, .921 SV%

On The Rise

Jermaine Tennyson - New England Wolf Pack: Out of that dark times that is the Minnesota Chiefs, Jermaine finds himself in greener pastures with New England. Expect him to thrive with all those stars in front of him and he should batter for the McBride trophy.

Jakub Aittokallio - Edmonton Blizzard: He had a pretty much abysmal season. He came in cocky and boastful. He was calling himself the best, but he realized that people only care about you on ice action. He turned it around and played lights out in the playoffs. I expect him to carry on the momentum throughout the regular season and go back to his previous form.

On The Decline

Edwin Ask - Minnesota Chiefs: Ask had an amazing year playing behind one of the best teams in the SHL. This season however he finds himself in Minnesota. A team barren of veterans but loaded with plenty of young good rookies. It should be expected that Ask's numbers will drop dramatically as be plays behind a sub par offense and an even worse defense. Ask will struggle this year folks.

Breakout Star

Dustin Rose - Seattle Riot: The Riot were not to far off of a playoff spot last season and with another year of maturity, they should have an even better shot of getting in. This will depend a lot on Riot goalie Dustin Rose who is coming off a very average season. He should be more comfortable in this upcoming season and as a result we should see him as a winning goalie.

3 Pics, 760 Words.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

DIDNT READ BECAUSE THE GOAT WAS LEFT OUT.

I should be on the rise btw. I was complete shit last season, and now I have one of the best defensive cores.

Thanks for the tire pumping. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Feb 19 2014, 06:36 PM
DIDNT READ BECAUSE THE GOAT WAS LEFT OUT.

Check the "Breakout Star" section, my friend.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Feb 19 2014, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the tire pumping. Smile

Check the "Breakout Star" section, my friend.
Riot still suck, and wont make the playoffs :ph34r:

Thanks JT Smile

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Feb 19 2014, 06:43 PM

Riot still suck, and wont make the playoffs  :ph34r:

Nah man, they're winning the championship. Playoffs last year, championship this year

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Feb 19 2014, 06:39 PM

Nah man, they're winning the championship. Playoffs last year, championship this year
Guaranteed. Merica is a god.

Wait and see. Just wait and see.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Feb 19 2014, 06:45 PM
Wait and see. Just wait and see.
If you don't win it all, I will be disappointed now.

Call me after the season GoB. We'll talk

I can't wait to see how different the list looks when Winnfield has a breakout year :wub:

Good article though :D I enjoyed reading it

Buchesner and Rose breakout stars?

Riot 2/2 B)

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

That #SexPanther