Create Account

Trade Deadline 2014

Quote:Originally posted by #NOUSSOMMESLHIVER@Feb 26 2014, 03:04 PM
I know he wasn't alone, he was still the General Manager. So regardless what the internal stupid Team Canada politics are, he still have a last word. Maybe that why he quit the post? Who knows?

But you don't turn away from one of the most prolific wingers in the NHL on his last chance. If he was 24, I wouldn't care.
After everything he's one in the NHL, it was his last chance to at least be invited to his country hockey team. They/he said no thank you. I would be utterly pissed off and would not want to play for him anymore.

Before the medias blazed the story to death, he wasn't even part of the Stamkos replacement plan.
Then like I said... He's selfish, he's putting his own interests before that of his team that he's supposed to be the fucking captain... As a captain he should put his team before himself plain and simple and he's not doing that. He's being selfish.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 03:08 PM

Then like I said... He's selfish, he's putting his own interests before that of his team that he's supposed to be the fucking captain... As a captain he should put his team before himself plain and simple and he's not doing that. He's being selfish.
AND if reports are correct he's being INCREDIBLY selfish as he's only waiving his NTC to play for certain places, so not only is he screwing over his team by asking out over something that has nothing to do with the NHL, but then proceeds to say I'm only playing here, thus not letting TB get a good return for him.

Like I said, I'll be selling my Marty jersey if this goes through. Never thought I'd have any reason to do that but I'm not wearing that jersey to games if he's going to do that to the franchise that made him relevant. Sorry but I can't get behind him at all on this

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 12:10 PM

AND if reports are correct he's being INCREDIBLY selfish as he's only waiving his NTC to play for certain places, so not only is he screwing over his team by asking out over something that has nothing to do with the NHL, but then proceeds to say I'm only playing here, thus not letting TB get a good return for him.

I agree that the first part makes him incredibly selfish, but the NTC allows Marty to do that. Nothing wrong with not wanting to go to certain teams, the Lightning shouldn't of given an NTC if they didn't want that to happen.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Feb 26 2014, 03:16 PM

I agree that the first part makes him incredibly selfish, but the NTC allows Marty to do that. Nothing wrong with not wanting to go to certain teams, the Lightning shouldn't of given an NTC if they didn't want that to happen.
Well I don't mean he should be expected to go anywhere but I've read he's ONLY accepting a trade to NYR and that's selfish to me. I know the NTC is there but to me it's still just selfish to do that to your team.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 01:17 PM

Well I don't mean he should be expected to go anywhere but I've read he's ONLY accepting a trade to NYR and that's selfish to me. I know the NTC is there but to me it's still just selfish to do that to your team.

Iggy did that.

My god, how can you be so dense? You act like if he would be the very first player being traded because of some personal problem with their GM or management.

I support the guy fully.

As for the LNTC, well that's the Lightning problem and I don't see how that would jeopardize any return the team might have. If the rumours are true, you are getting Callahan.

Quote:Originally posted by funny_munk@Feb 26 2014, 03:22 PM

Iggy did that.
i remember when i hated Iggy for a half season.
good times

honestly a trade of Marty for Callahan would be a decent trade for TB's future.
probably not an even return.
i think theyd still need to get draft picks/spects back for it to be an even trade. imo

Quote:Originally posted by #NOUSSOMMESLHIVER@Feb 26 2014, 12:24 PM
My god, how can you be so dense? You act like if he would be the very first player being traded because of some personal problem with their GM or management.

I support the guy fully.

As for the LNTC, well that's the Lightning problem and I don't see how that would jeopardize any return the team might have. If the rumours are true, you are getting Callahan.

so because we don't agree with it, that makes us dense?

got it.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by #NOUSSOMMESLHIVER@Feb 26 2014, 03:24 PM

I support the guy fully.

I absolutely hate Callahan so yeah not thrilled about that either. And no I'm not acting like it's the first time I'm acting like one of my favorite players is screwing over his team by acting like a child over something that shouldn't ever factor into the NHL in the first place. If you're screwing your team over something strictly personal you're being selfish. How do you not realize that?

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs = Slumpbusters@Feb 26 2014, 03:27 PM
honestly a trade of Marty for Callahan would be a decent trade for TB's future.
probably not an even return.
i think theyd still need to get draft picks/spects back for it to be an even trade. imo
Don't think it's good for their future when a 2nd line forward wants 6.5 a year :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 03:34 PM

Don't think it's good for their future when a 2nd line forward wants 6.5 a year :lol:
eh...i think he'll get around what Marty is making.
so they wouldnt be taking on much more salary

and i think he can produce 1st line numbers with Stamkos

:unsure: How does being traded screw the team over? You may hate Callahan but he's a better player in the long run for Tampa. I even doubt it would be a straight trade. Picks or prospects would have to go go back to Tampa. The guy can produce at the same pace than St-Louis and can replace St-Louis on first line. A Stamkos-Callahan duo looks pretty hot.

As for selfishness, Crosby doing this would be selfish because he's the centre piece of the Penguins. Price or Subban doing this would be selfish, Ovechkin would be selfish...but St-Louis? He's at the verge of ending his career. Has done it all for Tampa. He still has it in him but his good years are behind him now.

You may think it's childish, but I see it more like a lost trust issue. He's not the first player asking to be traded because he's got management issue and he won't be the last.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs = Slumpbusters@Feb 26 2014, 03:43 PM

eh...i think he'll get around what Marty is making.
so they wouldnt be taking on much more salary

and i think he can produce 1st line numbers with Stamkos
From where I've read he's expecting about 7 years at 6.5 which I don't think he's worth, I'm sure he can produce 1st line points with Stamkos but I don't see the point in trading for a player like that personally. With players like Kucherov, Drouin, Palat, Killorn, he's going to just be a horrid contract that's unneeded in a couple years imo. I'd rather keep an unhappy Marty for the rest of his contract, or if he retires the end of this season unless there's more than just a 1 for 1 trade. I'd rather have Marty for half a season than a player who could very well be an outlier on the team in a couple seasons locked up. Tampa's in a no win situation.