Create Account

Trade Deadline 2014

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 4 2014, 05:28 PM
reading through this I Lol'd at how excited maxy was about Robidas.
Why exactly? He's exactly what the Ducks needed on Defense. A legit right handed dman with grit with a heavy shot. Was among my top 3 wanted players entering into Trade Deadline week and I'm really happy we got him.

Fowler-Robidas
Beauch-Lindholm
Allen-Lovejoy
---------------------
Fistric-Sbisa

Much more comfortable with that lineup than

Fowler-Lovejoy
Beauch-Lindholm
Allen-Sbisa

As far as I'm concerned every game we can keep Sbisa out of the lineup is a major win

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 4 2014, 04:43 PM

Why exactly? He's exactly what the Ducks needed on Defense. A legit right handed dman with grit with a heavy shot. Was among my top 3 wanted players entering into Trade Deadline week and I'm really happy we got him.

Fowler-Robidas
Beauch-Lindholm
Allen-Lovejoy
---------------------
Fistric-Sbisa

Much more comfortable with that lineup than

Fowler-Lovejoy
Beauch-Lindholm
Allen-Sbisa

As far as I'm concerned every game we can keep Sbisa out of the lineup is a major win
Robidas is so overrated, a player coming off of injury, 37, and a UFA. He isn't that good either. It becomes a 3rd rounder if the Ducks win 2 playoff series btw

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

David Rundblad for a 2014 2nd round pick.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
32-12-2
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 12] [Pts 14] [+/- +19] [PIM 14] [Hits 27] [SB 128]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 4 2014, 05:45 PM

Robidas is so overrated, a player coming off of injury, 37, and a UFA. He isn't that good either. It becomes a 3rd rounder if the Ducks win 2 playoff series btw
Robidas is better than Lovejoy and Sbisa and Fistric. We got him for Dustin Penner who's overrated and not that good so it's not like we gave up a lot for him and we got a player who fits every need we have...

How exactly is a player who's played over 800 games in the NHL overrated when he was moved for a 4th round pick lol

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 4 2014, 04:46 PM

Robidas is better than Lovejoy and Sbisa and Fistric. We got him for Dustin Penner who's overrated and not that good so it's not like we gave up a lot for him and we got a player who fits every need we have...

How exactly is a player who's played over 800 games in the NHL overrated when he was moved for a 4th round pick lol
playing a lot of games doesn't make you good. Sergei Gonchar has played a shit ton of games. and he exactly that, shit. He is not that effective

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 4 2014, 05:48 PM

playing a lot of games doesn't make you good. Sergei Gonchar has played a shit ton of games. and he exactly that, shit. He is not that effective
Lmao you're joking right? Please tell me you're trolling

You do realize Gonchar is the 16th highest scoring defenseman of all time right?

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 4 2014, 04:49 PM

Lmao you're joking right? Please tell me you're trolling

You do realize Gonchar is the 16th highest scoring defenseman of all time right?
So I should want him right? no he sucks shit. The past doesn't make a player presently good. That is like saying "Damn, I want Wilt CHamberlain on my team because he once scored 100 points."

what the fuck Maxy you should be smarter than thinking a player's past makes them currently good

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 4 2014, 05:52 PM

So I should want him right? no he sucks shit. The past doesn't make a player presently good. That is like saying "Damn, I want Wilt CHamberlain on my team because he once scored 100 points."

what the fuck Maxy you should be smarter than thinking a player's past makes them currently good
Why exactly does he suck? He's past his prime doesn't mean he can't help the team out. He's still EXACTLY What we needed for the team. Nobody is expecting him to be some superstar Norris winning defenseman, what we do expect him to be is a gritty defenseman who can lineup with Fowler on the right wing that we desperately needed

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 4 2014, 04:54 PM

Why exactly does he suck? He's past his prime doesn't mean he can't help the team out. He's still EXACTLY What we needed for the team. Nobody is expecting him to be some superstar Norris winning defenseman, what we do expect him to be is a gritty defenseman who can lineup with Fowler on the right wing that we desperately needed
robidas has been slow since injury. very slow, unimpressive. If you don't win the 'ship, it is a terrible move. terrible

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 4 2014, 05:56 PM

robidas has been slow since injury. very slow, unimpressive. If you don't win the 'ship, it is a terrible move. terrible
Not really as regardless of whether we win or not, we still needed a right handed dman with grit. We didn't pick him up as a all-star we picked him up to compliment Fowler and that's what he'll do. We got him cheap. The trade was perfect, not sure how it can be seen as terrible when we got a roster player for an expendable piece that we had no use for

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 4 2014, 04:59 PM

Not really as regardless of whether we win or not, we still needed a right handed dman with grit. We didn't pick him up as a all-star we picked him up to compliment Fowler and that's what he'll do. We got him cheap. The trade was perfect, not sure how it can be seen as terrible when we got a roster player for an expendable piece that we had no use for
that wasn't perfect lol. perfect definitely does not describe that word. lmao perfect.

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 4 2014, 06:01 PM

that wasn't perfect lol. perfect definitely does not describe that word. lmao perfect.
Lol whatever you say. I am more than happy with the deal. We traded an underachieving player who's clogging up a roster spot for a player who fits exactly what we need, effectively freeing up a roster spot for Palmieri or Silvferberg who haven't been able to play because of the abundance of NHL forwards. Tis a perfect move as we got what we needed, gave up nothing of substance. Not sure how it's a bad move but whatever you say :lol:

Could we have a hockey topic without Maxy arguing in it. People plz just agree with him.

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Mar 4 2014, 06:13 PM
Could we have a hockey topic without Maxy arguing in it. People plz just agree with him.
Wanna rig some more?

Rundblad such a big steal for the Hawks, guy has an amazing first pass and looks like a late bloomer.