Create Account

Trade Deadline 2014

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 5 2014, 03:49 PM

Guy's been busting. Can't get ice time in the Swedish league.

Yeahthat

6 points in 40 games against men (skill level similar to AHL). Pathetic when you are supposed to be a legit sniper.

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 5 2014, 04:09 PM

Say that once you re-sign him :lol: As of now you get a good winger for a quarter of a season where even with him, you're probably 6th or 7th best team in the East. He's definitely going to help Montreal but unless he stays there past this season it's hardly fleecing

idk, I can see Vanek staying. Kovalev was once a rental with no intention of staying with the Habs Wink

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

I like getting Vanek but Collberg is a good prospect. Sure he's been underwhelming so far, but to say the Habs completely robbed the Islanders isn't true. If Vanek re-signs, I'm all for this trade. If he doesn't,m a little iffy about it. To be honest, I don't think he will re-sign

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Mar 5 2014, 04:10 PM

idk, I can see Vanek staying. Kovalev was once a rental with no intention of staying with the Habs Wink
Until he does it's not fleecing though Tongue I hope he does and signs for long term so Murray (Ducks Murray) doesn't pursue him in the off-season. But I see him in Minnesota after this year.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Red Wings fans are pissed that Calle Jarnkrok was the prospect going to the Preds.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
32-12-2
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 12] [Pts 14] [+/- +19] [PIM 14] [Hits 27] [SB 128]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Mar 5 2014, 05:09 PM

Yeahthat

6 points in 40 games against men (skill level similar to AHL). Pathetic when you are supposed to be a legit sniper.
Hes 20 years old...

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Mar 5 2014, 05:12 PM
I like getting Vanek but Collberg is a good prospect. Sure he's been underwhelming so far, but to say the Habs completely robbed the Islanders isn't true. If Vanek re-signs, I'm all for this trade. If he doesn't,m a little iffy about it. To be honest, I don't think he will re-sign

Collberg is looking a lot like Pulkinnen.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 5 2014, 04:16 PM

The kid is 20 years old. Who knows if he's gonna develop late. You guys are quick to jump the gun and say it's a great trade. I wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a solid player and Vanek doesn't re-sign and people will then look back on this trade as a bad one

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Mar 5 2014, 05:14 PM
Red Wings fans are pissed that Calle Jarnkrok was the prospect going to the Preds.
Is that official? I'll ticked if its that and we miss playoffs. I dont care if it was first, mantha, and datsyuk so long as we keep making playoffs and have a shot.

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Mar 5 2014, 05:18 PM

The kid is 20 years old. Who knows if he's gonna develop late. You guys are quick to jump the gun and say it's a great trade. I wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a solid player and Vanek doesn't re-sign and people will then look back on this trade as a bad one

There's a chance of that sure, but if Vanek re-signs this is the type of player we've been looking for since LeClair left.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Haha Avs traded a 2nd round pick for Berra.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
32-12-2
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 12] [Pts 14] [+/- +19] [PIM 14] [Hits 27] [SB 128]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 5 2014, 04:19 PM

There's a chance of that sure, but if Vanek re-signs this is the type of player we've been looking for since LeClair left.
If he re-signs, I like it. Until then though, let's not get ahead of ourselves

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 5 2014, 04:19 PM

And if he doesn't (Which as of right this minute is the more likely event) then you traded a 2nd round pick and a player who was just drafted in the early 2nd round for a player who walked Tongue Far far too early to call this a good or bad trade, need to let the dust settle

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 5 2014, 05:16 PM

So he's a very good prospect who could crack the top 6?

I would bet money on Vanek signing with Minny in the off-season.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.