Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Pats sign WRs Brandon Lloyd and Anthony Gonzalez.

I'm especially happy about Lloyd because of his contract (3 years, $12 million), plus he already knows McDaniels' offensive system. Hopefully they can get Landry in FA or Mark Barron in the draft as well. Fingers crossed...

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard

Brady Quinn signed with Kansas City and Mario Manningham just signed with San Francisco. Will Manningham be catching passes from a different Manning this year? I'm thinking yes. If San Fran gets Peyton now, they'll be even dirtier. Moss, Manningham, and Crabtree is quite good, if Moss and Crabtree aren't massive a-holes.

so i guess were not gonna get a deepthreat...oh well
another wasted season of Bradys dwindling career

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Mar 17 2012, 11:28 PM
so i guess were not gonna get a deepthreat...oh well
another wasted season of Bradys dwindling career
Hm?
Looks like a deep threat to me.

If Lloyd could make plays like this with Kyle Orton as his QB, imagine what he can do catching passes from Brady.

Past players:
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner

Quote:Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Mar 17 2012, 11:32 PM

Hm?
Looks like a deep threat to me.

If Lloyd could make plays like this with Kyle Orton as his QB, imagine what he can do catching passes from Brady.
you mean the 1 good season in his 9 year career?
yea...i hope that wasnt a fluke or anything...

brandon lloyd really is not that good...ive seen him play...idk why ppl think hes anything special.
hes a decent #2 or #3 receiver

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Mar 17 2012, 11:35 PM

you mean the 1 good season in his 9 year career?
yea...i hope that wasnt a fluke or anything...

brandon lloyd really is not that good...ive seen him play...idk why ppl think hes anything special.
hes a decent #2 or #3 receiver

2010 and 2011 were his two best years (both were at least 900 yards receiving). I'm not saying he'll be amazing, I just think he'll be at least decent and should do pretty well considering this is the first season he'll be catching passes from an elite QB. His two best seasons were with McDaniels coaching him. He'll have McDaniels as his OC in New England. Not to mention he'll probably be a #2 behind Welker, not a top reciever. My guess is as good as yours (well, maybe yours is a bit better since you've seen him play, lol). We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

I see the WR depth chart working out like this, as of now:
#1 Wes Welker
#2 Brandon Lloyd
#3 Julian Edelman
#4 Anthony Gonzalez

If Branch re-signs he'll be the #3, but I'm not necessarily sure that they need to sign him. Either way I think the WR's are pretty decent.

And they better re-sign Lawfirm too (although I do like Ridley a lot).

Past players:
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner

Quote:Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Mar 18 2012, 01:05 AM

2010 and 2011 were his two best years (both were at least 900 yards receiving).  I'm not saying he'll be amazing, I just think he'll be at least decent and should do pretty well considering this is the first season he'll be catching passes from an elite QB. His two best seasons were with McDaniels coaching him.  He'll have McDaniels as his OC in New England.  Not to mention he'll probably be a #2 behind Welker, not a top reciever.  My guess is as good as yours (well, maybe yours is a bit better since you've seen him play, lol).  We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

I see the WR depth chart working out like this, as of now:
#1 Wes Welker
#2 Brandon Lloyd
#3 Julian Edelman
#4 Anthony Gonzalez

If Branch re-signs he'll be the #3, but I'm not necessarily sure that they need to sign him.  Either way I think the WR's are pretty decent.

And they better re-sign Lawfirm too (although I do like Ridley a lot).
Benny is as good as gone imo...although id love to see him back.

thats a pretty pedestrian WR core...still dont see a deep threat...i guess were just gonna have to agree to disagree on Lloyd

You don't think Lloyd's a deep threat? Lol. You'll be all over his dick after Week 5 or so for sure.

Lloyd sucks.

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK(:@Mar 18 2012, 10:11 AM
You don't think Lloyd's a deep threat? Lol. You'll be all over his dick after Week 5 or so for sure.
i hope so

anyone else think the Payton suspension is a little ridiculous?

If they didn't already after signing Williams, Bills could very well have the best defensive line in the league after signing Mark Anderson...

Mario Williams and Anderson on the end and Dareus and K. Williams in the middle, unreal, nice to see this team is actually serious about competing for once.

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Mar 21 2012, 06:11 PM
If they didn't already after signing Williams, Bills could very well have the best defensive line in the league after signing Mark Anderson...

Mario Williams and Anderson on the end and Dareus and K. Williams in the middle, unreal, nice to see this team is actually serious about competing for once.
i wouldnt get to excited about Anderson.
hes decent, but nothing special.

playing on the other side of Mario Williams should help him out tho

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Mar 21 2012, 06:13 PM

i wouldnt get to excited about Anderson.
hes decent, but nothing special.

playing on the other side of Mario Williams should help him out tho
he's pretty good for our fourth-best d-lineman.

but anyway from a Bills perspective it'll be nice to actually put pressure on opposing quarterbacks, usually Brady and Sanchez can just sit in the pocket all day and don't get hit at all against us, the team had like 23 sacks last season and 10 of them came in one game, pathetic really.

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Mar 21 2012, 06:18 PM

he's pretty good for our fourth-best d-lineman.

but anyway from a Bills perspective it'll be nice to actually put pressure on opposing quarterbacks, usually Brady and Sanchez can just sit in the pocket all day and don't get hit at all against us, the team had like 23 sacks last season and 10 of them came in one game, pathetic really.
oh yea definitely...Bills have a good chance to make the playoffs next year

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Mar 21 2012, 07:06 PM

i hope so

anyone else think the Payton suspension is a little ridiculous?

No, I feel the exact opposite. It was 100% justified. He knew about it, lied about it, and tried to cover it up. He earned it.